Lamb of God‘s Randy Blythe, ex-Megadeth bassist David Ellefson and Hyro the Hero will be playing ShipRocked 2023 as members of the concert cruise’s house band, The Stowaways.
Other rockers playing with The Stowaways include Escape the Fate‘s Craig Mabbitt, Dead Sara‘s Emily Armstrong, Living Colour‘s Corey Glover, former Five Finger Death Punch guitarist Jason Hook, ex-Guns N’ Roses guitarist Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal and Badflower‘s Joey Morrow.
Artists, including Lacey Sturm, Islander, Jeris Johnson and Memphis May Fire, are also on the ShipRocked lineup.
As previously reported, ShipRocked 2023 takes place January 22-28, and will be headlined by Falling in Reverse and Parkway Drive. The bill also includes Nothing More, Skillet, Motionless in White, Ayron Jones, Bones UK, Grandson, Suicidal Tendencies, Lilith Czar, Nonpoint, Wage War and Zero 9:36.
Ellie Goulding knowsother artists claim their fanbase is the best, but she insists hers takes the cake.
Speaking to UK radio station Heart, the “Burn” hitmaker explained why her fanbase is so special. “I do have the sweetest fans in the world,” Ellie said. “They’re so so lovely and really supportive of me.”
“The other day, I was kind of getting quite bogged down with the politics and stuff,” she continued, adding she posted a meme about wanting everyone to go away. “My fans were like, ‘Oh my god, you don’t mean us, do you? Because we just love you. We just want to make sure you’re okay.'”
The Grammy nominee also said her fans urged her to take a few days off to decompress, which she found heartening. She added she assured her followers, “You’re so sweet. I need you. I need you. Just, literally, [I don’t need] everyone else.”
Since Ellie has such a great relationship with her fans, she said it’s about time she “came back with some new music” after a pandemic-induced break and the birth of her first child, Arthur.
She recently released “Easy Lover” with Big Sean, saying of the collab, “It’s so nice to work with someone you genuinely want the best for and [who] deserves the best and he’s such an incredible artist.”
Ellie also spoke about her old songs becoming popular again, such as the case with her 2016 single “Still Falling For You,” which is all over TikTok and back on the charts.
“To hear everyone singing that back is just wild because I never really released it properly as a song,” she exclaimed, adding the same has happened to her 2010 single “Lights”.
Dolly Parton joins Bill Anderson for “Someday It’ll All Make Sense,” off his new collection, As Far As I Can See: The Best Of. The music video, co-starring the two country legends, is available to watch now.
Brett Young has added some new tour dates to his schedule for this fall. Check out his full calendar over at his website.
Brian Kelley put a powerful real-world spin on his patriotic new song, “American Spirit,” this week, welcoming veteran Michael Monk to a special locals-only event in Florida, and performing the song as a tribute to Michael and his family.
Radiohead hasn’t played a show in four years and hasn’t released an album in six years. That, coupled with the recent launch of frontman Thom Yorke and guitarist Jonny Greenwood side project The Smile, has fans wondering about the status of the OK Computer group.
During the interview, which originally aired in April but is just now making the rounds, O’Brien was asked about the “the current situation with Radiohead,” to which he answered, “There’s no Radiohead at the moment.”
When the host asserted that O’Brien knows that “it’s all gonna come back together again,” the guitarist replied, “It might, but the other thing is, it might not. And does that matter?”
While many fans may think that does, indeed, matter, O’Brien is more concerned with making sure that Radiohead’s next move, whatever it is, be genuine.
“We could do something in a couple years, we might not,” O’Brien said. “But … it has to be five people going, ‘I really wanna do this again with you.’ And I think, at the moment, because we’ve done it for so long, we’re all reaching out and wanting to have different experiences. That should be allowed, and I think it should be encouraged.”
Before you get too worked up about the potential end of Radiohead, O’Brien is “almost certain” they’ll continue to play together.
“But you’ve got to also be able to be fine with it not happening again,” he added.
(WASHINGTON) — Senate Democrats on Thursday unveiled their long-awaited marijuana legalization proposal, announcing sweeping legislation that would lift the federal prohibition on the drug and cede power to states to determine how to regulate it.
The Cannabis Administration and Opportunity Act, championed by Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., Finance Committee Chair Ron Wyden, D-Ore., and Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., looks to legalize marijuana at the federal level while creating FDA monitoring requirements like those that already exist for tobacco and alcohol.
“Cannabis legalization has proven immensely successful at the state level, so it is time that Congress catches up with the rest of the country,” Schumer said in floor remarks Thursday. “I am proud to be the first Majority Leader ever to say that it is time to end the federal prohibition on cannabis, and this bill provides the best framework for updating our cannabis laws and reversing decades of harm inflicted by the war on drugs.”
Schumer did not announce next steps on the legislation or whether he will attempt to bring it up for further consideration on the Senate floor, though he said he hopes to get something done on marijuana “this year”.
Voter support for legalization is growing. According to April reporting by 538, a majority of registered voters in all 50 states now favor making cannabis legal. Eighteen states, plus Washington, D.C., have legalized the recreational use of marijuana for those over 21.
“I’d ask my colleagues in the Senate to think long and hard about what keeping the federal government stuck in yesteryear means for public health and safety,” Wyden said in a statement. “By failing to act, the federal government is empowering the illicit cannabis market, it’s ruining lives and propping up deeply rooted racism in our criminal justice system, it’s holding back small cannabis businesses from growing and creating jobs in their communities. Cannabis legalization is here, and Congress needs to get with the program.”
But Congress may not be as ready for a federal change. If Schumer does try to move the legislation forward it faces an uphill battle in the Senate. At least 10 Republicans would need to support the measure for it to pass, and not all Democrats would necessarily back it either.
Still, proponents of the legislation say the simple introduction of the bill is a step in the right direction.
“I’m very excited about this day, but it also now gives us momentum to get something done,” Booker said, noting that the bill sponsors are looking for the best path to move the legislation forward.
“I want to stress that this is the beginning of the legislative process, not the end. We are going to work hard to create support for our bill, and I hope we can make more progress towards cannabis reform in the future,” Schumer said.
Lawmakers first introduced a discussion draft of the bill last summer after Schumer branded legalization as a legislative priority for Democrats. Over 1,800 comments later, the senators unveiled a bill today that aims to attend to concerns among both Democrats and Republicans about regulating marijuana.
The bill includes a host of pubic safety measures and regulations, modifies tax policy on marijuana, requires additional federal research on the impact of marijuana use and removes drug testing for federal workers in most cases.
But anti-legalization advocates fear the newly-introduced legislation does not do enough to regulate potency of cannabis, and could pose a threat to children who might be more easily able to access the legalized drug. Randi Schuster, an assistant professor at Harvard Medical School at the Center for Addiction Medicine, said at a press conference Thursday that the legislation does not do enough to set limits on products that might be appealing to kids and teens.
“We are in a position where policy has far outpaced the science, and making public policy decisions that are not aligned with science poses risk for quite a serious health concern,” Schuster said.
Critical for proponents, the Democratic proposal also focuses on racial equity. It aims to rectify harm caused by previous federal drug restrictions that have disproportionately impacted communities of color by expunging federal cannabis convictions from records and expanding access to loans and business licenses for those impacted by former federal drug policy.
“This is a comprehensive bill to right a lot of wrongs,” Booker said Thursday. “It’s a really solid restorative justice bill, opens up our nation to extraordinary economic opportunity, would create a tremendous amount of jobs, and would again correct the scales of justice.”
But Kevin Sabet, a former White House adviser for three different administrations, said Thursday he has concerns that the equity proposals aren’t enforceable. Sabet, now the president and CEO of SAM (Smart Approaches to Marijuana), an anti-legalization organization, said legalization could create another dangerous industry like “big alcohol” or “big tobacco.”
“This idea that we are going to turn people who would be poor selling marijuana on the street into successful marijuana millionaires is a dream,” Sabet said. “The idea that we are going to now get it finally right when it comes to marijuana, and everything else we’re going to let go the same but it’s going to change a lot because we’re going to give a few social equity licenses when it comes to marijuana, is a joke.”
The NAACP has previously called for legalization measures that include equal access to business licenses in the marijuana industry.
Future has released the visual for his song “Love You Better.”
The video sees Future dressed as a sad clown who laments over a lost love, played by P-Valley actress Sharon Thornton,whohasseemingly moved on to another relationship.
“You tellin’ me you fallin’ out of love with me / Hope you can find someone to love you better than I did,” Future sings in the song’s chorus.
“Love You Better” is one of 22 tracks on Future’s latest album, I NEVER LIKED YOU. The project, which was certified Platinum in June, is also home to singles “Holy Ghost” and “Wait For You” featuring Drake and Tems, the latter of which is currently the #5 song on the Billboard Hot 100.
Future is slated to appear on Megan Thee Stallion‘s next single, “PRESSURELICIOUS,” which comes out on Friday.
(NOTE LANGUAGE) Two of some of the only mainstream R-rated superhero movies, Logan and both Deadpool films, are coming to Disney+ July 22.
It’s fitting that both Hugh Jackman‘s final film in the X-Men series, the Oscar-nominated Logan, is joining the streaming service alongside Ryan Reynolds‘ red-suited Merc with the Mouth. Onscreen, Deadpool’s frenemy relationship with Wolverine mirrors that of Reynolds and his pal Jackman’s one-upmanship online.
In fact, the opening of Deadpool 2 shows the character winding up a toy immortalizing Jackman’s death scene from Logan and the first line of dialogue is Deadpool saying, “F*** Wolverine.”
Thanks to some creative editing, the two characters even share an after-credits scene in that movie, when Deadpool goes back in time and executes Ryan Reynolds‘ poorly executed original incarnation of the character, as seen in the widely panned X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
“Big fan,” he tells Jackman’s razor-clawed hero.
The Disney+ pairing didn’t escape Reynolds in real life. He posted to Instagram, “We’re supposed to announce Logan and Deadpool will soon be the first R-rated movies on Disney+. But we all know some Disney movies should already be rated R for irreversible trauma,” noting alternate ratings for arguably troubling scenes in family films including The Lion King and Bambi.
Logan and the Deadpool movies will be made available thanks to parental controls that were installed when Disney+ acquired the mature-rated Netflix hero shows, including Daredevil, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.
Just in case you need yet another reason to love Dolly Parton, the singer is using her signature scent to help kids learn to love reading.
Every time a bottle of her Dolly: Scent From Above is purchased, the country legend donates $5 of the proceeds directly to her Imagination Library. The library, which Dolly launched in 1995, is a book gifting program that provides a free book each month to children under the age of 5.
The program was inspired by Dolly’s father, who was illiterate. Now, Dolly’s program sends books to well over 1 million children across the world every month.
Dolly’s Scent From Above line is available at Perfumania and Fragrance Outlet.
Just days away from the release of Beyoncé’s highly anticipated Renaissance album, details about the project are gradually being revealed. Songwriting credits were unveiled via Apple Music Thursday, disclosing a star-studded list of collaborators, including Drake, Nigerian singer Tems and producer Pharrell Williams.
According to the credits, Drake helped write the song “Heated,” while Tems lent her songwriting skills to a song called “Move.” As for Pharrell’s contributions, they will be heard on Bey’s track “Energy.”
Renaissance will also feature songs that were brought to life with the help of longtime collaborator The Dream, R&B singer Sabrina Claudio, Kanye West producer No. ID andGrammy winner Hit-Boy.
For those wondering, Beyoncé’s husband, Jay-Z, did indeed assist with the project. He’s listed on the credits for not one but three songs: “America Has a Problem,” “Alien Superstar” and the current single, “Break My Soul.”
Renaissance drops July 29. Bey’s intention for the album was “to create a safe place, a place without judgment. A place to be free of perfectionism and overthinking. A place to scream, release, feel freedom,” according to a previous Instagram post.
Ricky Martin broke his silence about his nephew’s troubling allegations now that a judge has sided with the “Livin’ La Vida Loca” singer.
Ricky addressed fans hours after a Puerto Rican court dismissed the restraining order his nephew, 21-year-old Dennis Yadiel Sanchez, filed against him.
“I’m in front of the cameras today because I really need to talk in order for me to start my healing process,” he said in a video shared by TMZ. “For two weeks, I was not allowed to defend myself because I was following a procedure where the law obligated me not to talk until I was in front of a judge.”
Sanchez accused Ricky of engaging in a seven-month relationship with him and, when filing for protection, claimed he “feared for his safety.” He claimed the singer began stalking him following the end of their alleged relationship.
“Thank God [these] claims were proven to be false,” the Grammy winner declared, “but I’m going to tell you the truth. It has been so painful. It has been devastating for me, for my family, for my friends. I don’t wish this upon anybody.”
Ricky also had words for his nephew, saying, “To the person that was claiming this nonsense, I wish him the best. And I wish he finds the help so he can start a new life filled with love and truth and joy and he doesn’t hurt anybody else.”
The singer said he is going to focus on healing. “And how do I heal? With music. I cannot wait to be back on stage. I cannot wait to be back in front of the cameras and entertain, which is what I do best,” he declared.
Ricky ended his video message by thanking those who supported him.