Billy Corgan makes Coachella debut during sombr’s set

Billy Corgan makes Coachella debut during sombr’s set
Billy Corgan makes Coachella debut during sombr’s set
Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins performs with Sombr at the Outdoor Theatre during the 2026 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival at Empire Polo Club on April 11, 2026 in Indio, California. (Frazer Harrison/Getty Images for Coachella)

Billy Corgan made his Coachella debut Saturday, joining alt-pop artist sombr onstage for a rendition of the classic Smashing Pumpkins song “1979.”

In introducing Corgan, sombr asked the crowd, “Coachella, is it cool if I bring some f****** rock royalty on the stage right now?”

“Coachella, I want you to make the most noise for this person,” sombr continued. “It’s their first time ever appearing at Coachella.”

Corgan then took the stage to the opening riff of “1979” while giving double metal horns. While his mic was having issues at the beginning of the song, the problem was eventually fixed and he sung along with sombr while strumming his guitar.

Corgan will be headlining a festival when The Smashing Pumpkins play Lollapalooza 2026, taking place July 30 to Aug. 2 in his hometown of Chicago.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Slashing suspect shot at Grand Central subway station in New York, police say

Slashing suspect shot at Grand Central subway station in New York, police say
Slashing suspect shot at Grand Central subway station in New York, police say
People walk through Grand Central Terminal on November 4, 2025, in New York City. (Photo by Gary Hershorn/Getty Images)

(NEW YORK) — Police shot and killed a knife-wielding man on a subway platform at Grand Central Station in New York City on Saturday after he stabbed at least two people, according to the NYPD.

Officers were called to the scene shortly after 9:30 this morning.

Police said the man had been acting erratically on the train and slashed at least two people on the 4/5/6 platform. The slashing wounds are severe but the victims are stable in the hospital.

The suspect refused repeated commands to drop what police described as a machete before an officer opened fire, killing him, according to the NYPD.

There is no connection to terrorism, police said.

The identity of the knife-wielding suspect was not immediately released.

The NYPD will hold a news conference at the scene.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Coachella 2026: Teddy Swims has three guests, HUNTR/X joins KATSEYE, ‘Sabrinawood’ Carpenter headlines

Coachella 2026: Teddy Swims has three guests, HUNTR/X joins KATSEYE, ‘Sabrinawood’ Carpenter headlines
Coachella 2026: Teddy Swims has three guests, HUNTR/X joins KATSEYE, ‘Sabrinawood’ Carpenter headlines
David Lee Roth, Teddy Swims, Vanessa Carlton and Joe Jonas pose backstage at the Coachella Stage during the 2026 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival,  April 10, 2026 in Indio, California. (Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for Coachella)

Coachella’s first night featured guest stars to spare.

Teddy Swims brought out not one, not two, but three guest stars: Joe Jonas, for “When You Look Me in the Eyes;” Vanessa Carlton, for “A Thousand Miles;” and, most surprisingly, David Lee Roth, original lead singer of Rock & Roll Hall of Famers Van Halen, for a rendition of that band’s 1984 #1 hit, “Jump.”

After Teddy sang his new single “Mr. Know It All,” the sound of a doorbell chimed, and Teddy told the crowd, “I’ll get it. I wonder who it could be this time.” Swims then opened the door to Roth, shouting, “Oh my God! It’s David Lee Roth from the best f****** band of all time, Van Halen.”

Also on Friday night, HUNTR/X made a surprise appearance, joining another Grammy-nominated girl group, KATSEYE, for their Coachella set. EJAE, Rei Ami and Audrey Nuna popped up to sing “Golden,” giving the song an eight-person rendition.

Sabrina Carpenter headlined Friday, fulfilling the prediction she made when she previously performed at Coachella in 2024. She took the stage with an elaborate, glamorous production dubbed “Sabrinawood.”

“I can’t believe I’m headlining Coachella!” Sabrina said, before adding, “I mean, I can a little bit, but it’s nicer to say that, right?” 

There were no musical guests during Sabrina’s set, but there were two filmed pieces featuring legendary actors. In one, Sam Elliott played a sheriff who pulls Sabrina over, while the other featured Susan Sarandon playing a grown-up version of Sabrina. Plus, Will Ferrell made a real life cameo as an electrician, and Samuel L. Jackson contributed a voiceover to “Juno.” For the set closer, “Tears,” Sabrina sang while being lifted up on a “geyser” of water.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Turnstile opens Coachella set with video from Brendan Yates’ father

Turnstile opens Coachella set with video from Brendan Yates’ father
Turnstile opens Coachella set with video from Brendan Yates’ father
Brendan Yates of Turnstile performs at the Outdoor Theatre during the 2026 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival at Empire Polo Club on April 10, 2026 in Indio, California. (Frazer Harrison/Getty Images for Coachella)

Turnstile performed at Coachella on Friday, marking their first live show since the band’s former guitarist, Brady Ebert, was arrested for attempted murder after allegedly hitting frontman Brendan Yates’ father with a car.

The set opened with a video montage that included a message from Yates’ father, William Yates, which was seemingly filmed before the incident with Ebert.

“I’m Bill Yates, I’m the proud father of Brendan,” the elder Yates said in the video. 

“They’re all sons of mine,” he added, presumably referring to the other members of Turnstile. “To all of the fans out there, we love you and Turnstile loves you. Enjoy the ride.”

In their statement following Ebert’s arrest, Turnstile said that William Yates survived the incident and successfully underwent surgery.

“We’re hoping for the best possible outcome in his recovery,” Turnstile said.

Ebert was a founding member of Turnstile, and parted ways with the band in 2022. 

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

The Rolling Stones seemingly release new song under the name The Cockroaches

The Rolling Stones seemingly release new song under the name The Cockroaches
The Rolling Stones seemingly release new song under the name The Cockroaches
Music fans show off their tickets as proof of authentication which contains the batch number after buying “The Cockroaches” limited-edition vinyl record from Sounds Of The Universe record store on April 11, 2026 in London, England. The new release is widely believed to be new music by The Rolling Stones. (Photo by Ben Montgomery/Getty Images)

It appears as though The Rolling Stones have released a new song, although not under the name The Rolling Stones.

Signs for a band named The Cockroaches recently began popping up in London with a QR code that took folks to a website run by Universal Music. The site included, among other things, a photo of a T-shirt that read “Who The F*** Are The Cockroaches?”

While the website remained a mystery, many fans pointed out that The Cockroaches was an alias the Stones would use in the ’70s when they wanted to play secret shows, which started speculation that new music was on the way.

Well, on Saturday, The Cockroaches released a new song, “Rough and Twisted,” which is only available as a white label vinyl in select record stores. The Cockroaches’ Instagram Story soon began sharing video of people playing the vinyl, and it’s clear that it’s Mick Jagger singing. Many of the shared videos have tagged The Rolling Stones.

As for how people found the record, the website for The Cockroaches includes a photo of the vinyl release, which displayed GPS coordinates when flipped over, presumably indicating where the record could be purchased.

Prior to the release, The Cockroaches did drop a teaser the song on their Instagram account, and in the snippet you can clearly hear Jagger’s voice.

The most recent official Rolling Stones release is the 2023 album Hackney Diamonds. According to the U.K. Times, “Rough and Twisted” is a precursor to an upcoming new Stones album, which is reportedly due out in July.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

David Lee Roth makes surprise Coachella appearance with Teddy Swims

David Lee Roth makes surprise Coachella appearance with Teddy Swims
David Lee Roth makes surprise Coachella appearance with Teddy Swims
(L-R) Teddy Swims and David Lee Roth perform at the Coachella Stage during the 2026 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival at Empire Polo Club on April 10, 2026 in Indio, California. (Photo by Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for Coachella)

David Lee Roth made a surprise appearance at Coachella Friday, turning up during pop star Teddy Swims’ afternoon set.

After Swims finished his song “Mr. Know It All,” the sound of a doorbell chimed, and Swims told the crowd, “I’ll get it. I wonder who it could be this time.” Swims then opened the door to Roth, shouting, “Oh my god it’s David Lee Roth from the best f****** band of all time, Van Halen.”

The pair then joined forces to perform Van Halen’s #1 song “Jump,” from their album 1984. Roth was all smiles during the performance, and towards the end of the song he even took a triumphant strut down the catwalk while twirling his mic stand. Once the song was over he left the stage through the same door he entered through.

“Touchdown, Coachella,” Roth later wrote on Instagram next to a picture of him hugging Swims on stage.

Roth was one of three guests Swims brought out for his Coachella set. He was also joined by Joe Jonas and Vanessa Carlton.

Roth is set to kick off a new tour on April 16 in Airway Heights, Washington, with dates confirmed through June 20 in Milwaukee. He’s also performing at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in Sturgis, South Dakota, on Aug. 7. A complete list of dates can be found at DavidLeeRoth.com.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Artemis II: Crew exits spacecraft after successful splashdown

Artemis II: Crew exits spacecraft after successful splashdown
Artemis II: Crew exits spacecraft after successful splashdown
The Artemis II crew floats in the Pacific Ocean of the coast of San Diego after splashing down, April 10, 2026. (NASA)

(NEW YORK) — NASA’s Artemis II mission lifted off on April 1 at 6:35 p.m. ET from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida.

The four-person crew completed a 695,081-mile, 10-day journey around the moon, also known as a lunar fly-by.

A “textbook” splashdown took place at 8:07 p.m. ET on Friday, April 10.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Artemis II: Crew splashes down in Pacific Ocean after historic mission

Artemis II: Crew exits spacecraft after successful splashdown
Artemis II: Crew exits spacecraft after successful splashdown
The Artemis II crew floats in the Pacific Ocean of the coast of San Diego after splashing down, April 10, 2026. (NASA)

(NEW YORK) — NASA’s Artemis II mission lifted off on April 1 at 6:35 p.m. ET from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida.

The four-person crew completed a 695,081 -mile, 10-day journey around the moon, also known as a lunar fly-by.

A “textbook” splashdown took place at 8:07 p.m. ET on Friday, April 10.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Violet Grohl dares you to ‘call me a Nepo Baby all you want’: ‘It’s “whatever” to me’

Violet Grohl dares you to ‘call me a Nepo Baby all you want’: ‘It’s “whatever” to me’
Violet Grohl dares you to ‘call me a Nepo Baby all you want’: ‘It’s “whatever” to me’
Violet Grohl performs onstage during the FIREAID Benefit Concert for California Fire Relief at The Kia Forum on January 30, 2025 in Inglewood, California. (Scott Dudelson/Getty Images for FIREAID)

As Violet Grohl prepares to release her debut album, Be Sweet to Me, she’s very aware that her father is one of the biggest names in rock music.

“Obviously, doors are open for me because of my last name,” the daughter of Dave Grohl tells The Forty-Five. “It’s not something I’m ever going to hide behind or say, ‘No, I worked so hard for this! You guys shouldn’t say that! That hurts my feelings.’ I don’t care – I really don’t.”

“I’ve heard that since I was 13 years old,” Violet continues. “So call me a Nepo Baby all you want. It’s ‘whatever’ to me. I just hope that eventually people will give me a shot.”

If you have any doubts about Violet’s musical talent, she simply advises you to listen to her album or see her perform.

“Come see me live,” she says. “Come listen to my music and then you can decide for yourself if I’m worthy of this career or not.”

Be Sweet to Me is due out May 29. Violet will be playing England’s Reading & Leeds in August and the Shaky Knees Festival in Atlanta in September.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Offset released from hospital, shares new statement after shooting

Offset released from hospital, shares new statement after shooting
Offset released from hospital, shares new statement after shooting
Offset performs onstage during the MASA TOUR at State Farm Arena on October 15, 2025, in Atlanta, Georgia. (Photo by Julia Beverly/Getty Images)

Offset has been released from the hospital after suffering a non-life-threatening injury in a shooting outside the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida, on April 6.

“Offset has been released from the hospital and he is up and walking,” a spokesperson for the rapper, whose legal name is Kiari Kendrell Cephus, said in a statement Friday. “We’re incredibly grateful to the doctors, nurses, and the entire hospital staff who took such great care of him.”

Offset issued a statement of his his own on Instagram, expressing gratitude for the love he received following the incident. 

“Thank you to everyone who’s checked in on me and showed me love! I’m good….but I’m planning to be better!” he wrote on Instagram. “I’m focused on my family, my recovery, and getting back to the music…realizing that life is made up of quiet wins and loud losses….Life’s a gamble and I’m still playing to win.”

Offset had been in stable condition in the hospital after the shooting, a spokesperson for the rapper confirmed to ABC News.

Lil TJay, born Tione Jayden Merritt, was taken into custody following the shooting and charged with disorderly conduct, a first-degree misdemeanor, according to the Seminole Police Department. He was also charged with operating without a valid license.

The incident began with a fight, according to police, before escalating. 

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.