Goo Goo Dolls team with QVC+ and HSN+ for free streaming concert special

Goo Goo Dolls team with QVC+ and HSN+ for free streaming concert special
Goo Goo Dolls team with QVC+ and HSN+ for free streaming concert special
ABC/Randy Holmes

Couldn’t get tickets to see Goo Goo Dolls on their tour? Don’t worry, the band has you covered.

The hitmaking band has teamed up with QVC+ and HSN+ for The Total Experience: Goo Goo Dolls — Chaos In Bloom, which you can watch right now for free. It features exclusive interviews with the group and live concert footage of a recent show in Toledo, OH. The five-song performance includes “Name,” “Better Days” and “Iris,” plus two songs from the band’s latest album, Chaos In Bloom: “Yeah I Like You” and “Going Crazy.”

There’s also a virtual “merch table” where you can buy Chaos In Bloom, as well as Goo Goo Dolls’ recent holiday album It’s Christmas All Over and one of 50 CDs signed by the group.

If you don’t want to watch on your desktop, you can download the QVC+ or HSN+ mobile apps and check it out on your phone.

Goo Goo Dolls launch the second leg of their headlining tour Friday night in Eau Claire, WI. It’s set to wrap up November 20 in El Paso, TX.

 

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Panic! at the Disco releases ‘House of Memories’ EP

Panic! at the Disco releases ‘House of Memories’ EP
Panic! at the Disco releases ‘House of Memories’ EP
Fueled By Ramen

Panic! at the Disco has released a new EP dedicated to the song “House of Memories.”

While originally released in 2016 on the Brendon Urie-led outfit’s album Death of a Bachelor, “House of Memories” has seen a surge in popularity this year thanks to TikTok. The House of Memories EP includes “Sped Up” and “Slowed Down” versions of the song along with the original album version.

“Y’all blew this up on TikTok so we’re throwing it back to the Death of a Bachelor era,” Panic! said of the EP. You can listen to it now via digital outlets.

The EP follows Panic!’s new album Viva Las Vengeance, which dropped in August. Urie and company’s U.S. tour in support of the record concludes Friday in Chicago.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Halestorm announces deluxe version of ‘Back from the Dead’

Halestorm announces deluxe version of ‘Back from the Dead’
Halestorm announces deluxe version of ‘Back from the Dead’
Atlantic

Halestorm has announced a deluxe version of their latest album, Back from the Dead.

The expanded collection is due out December 9 and includes seven previously unreleased bonus tracks. You can listen to the first of those tracks, the ’80s-influenced “Mine,” now via digital outlets.

“I’m so pleased to be able to give you more,” says frontwoman Lzzy Hale. “A deluxe version of Back from the Dead with seven bonus tracks means you get to dig down deeper into the Halestorm graveyard.”

“Most of these songs are in the spirit of taking chances and were some of the first we’d written after getting together post lockdown,” she adds. “Enjoy the ride!”

The original Back from the Dead was released in May. It includes the singles “Back from the Dead,” “The Steeple” and “Wicked Ways.”

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Judge to decide if officer charged in fatal shooting of Patrick Lyoya goes on trial

Judge to decide if officer charged in fatal shooting of Patrick Lyoya goes on trial
Judge to decide if officer charged in fatal shooting of Patrick Lyoya goes on trial
amphotora/Getty Images

(GRAND RAPIDS, Mich.) — A Grand Rapids police officer charged with second-degree murder of Patrick Lyoya will know Monday if his case goes to trial.

A judge will review evidence presented in this week’s preliminary hearing and decide if there’s probable cause that Christopher Schurr, a seven-year veteran of the Grand Rapids Police Department, intentionally or recklessly caused the death of Lyoya. If probable cause is determined, the case may go to a jury trial.

Schurr has pleaded not guilty.

Lyoya, a 26-year-old native of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, was shot in the head on April 4 after Schurr pulled him over for a faulty license plate. His death prompted protests throughout Grand Rapids.

Body camera video showed Schurr shouting at Lyoya to “get in the car.” The footage was released nine days after the shooting.

Schurr can be heard asking Lyoya if he spoke English and then demanding that Lyoya show his driver’s license. Lyoya turned to a passenger in the car, closed the door and started to walk away from Schurr, according to the video.

Lyoya started to run. Schurr grabbed Lyoya and struggled with him before eventually forcing him to the ground, shouting “Stop resisting,” “Let go” and “Drop the Taser,” according to the video. The body camera was deactivated during the struggle, according to police.

Police said Lyoya grabbed at Schurr’s stun gun during the altercation. Schurr then shot Lyoya while he was on the ground, according to cellphone footage of the incident.

Cellphone footage from Lyoya’s friend Aime Tuiishme showed the moment Schurr shot Lyoya in the back of the head. The fatal shot was confirmed by both an independent autopsy report as well as the Kent County medical examiner.

Neighborhood resident Wayne Butler spoke to the court on Thursday, describing the altercation as “wrestling” and noted that Lyoya was not “on the offensive.”

Schurr was fired from the Grand Rapids Police Department in June after waiving his right to a discharge hearing.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen announce divorce after 13 years of marriage

Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen announce divorce after 13 years of marriage
Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen announce divorce after 13 years of marriage
Karwai Tang/Getty Images

(NEW YORK) — Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen have divorced after 13 years of marriage.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback and the Brazilian supermodel, who married in 2009, confirmed their split on social media.

Brady shared the news in an Instagram Stories post, writing that he and Bundchen “finalized” their divorce “in recent days” after having “arrived at this decision amicably and with gratitude for the time we spent together.”

This news comes after much speculation on the status of their relationship. Tabloid reports have hinted at alleged contention between the two due to Brady’s decision to return to football after a brief 40-day retirement earlier this year.

Bündchen shared her perspective on Brady’s return to the game in an interview with Elle, published in September.

“Obviously, I have my concerns — this is a very violent sport, and I have my children and I would like him to be more present,” she told Elle. “I have definitely had those conversations with him over and over again. But ultimately, I feel that everybody has to make a decision that works for [them]. He needs to follow his joy, too.”

She also hit back at what she felt was a false media narrative regarding her desire for him to leave football.

“I think this is the system we’ve been living in,” she told the outlet. “That’s what society has accepted and what society hasn’t accepted.”

The supermodel tweeted her support for Brady before his game on Sept. 11, writing “Let’s go @TomBrady ! Let’s go Bucs ! ✨✨✨”

The couple shared several loving posts for one another throughout 2022. They also celebrated their 13th wedding anniversary in February, with Brady describing Bündchen in a post as the “best mother and wife and supporter in the world.”

Brady and Bündchen share two children together, 12-year-old Benjamin and 9-year-old Vivian. Brady also has a 15-year-old son, Jack, from his previous relationship with Bridget Moynahan.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Disturbed premieres title track off upcoming ’Divisive’ album

Disturbed premieres title track off upcoming ’Divisive’ album
Disturbed premieres title track off upcoming ’Divisive’ album
Reprise Records

Disturbed has premiered a new song called “Divisive,” the title track off their upcoming album.

In a statement, frontman David Draiman says, “The title track and the title itself are indicative of the incredibly f***ed up state of things we are living in.”

“It’s about how hyper-polarity has influenced everything people do in life,” Draiman continues. “People are addicted to outrage. They’re addicted to finding the next thing that will piss them off so they can rave about it on social media. Everything negative was given a shot of steroids.”

You can listen to “Divisive” now via digital outlets and watch its accompanying lyric video streaming now on YouTube.

The album Divisive, which follows 2018’s Evolution, is due out November 18. It also includes the previously released songs “Hey You” and “Unstoppable.”

(Video contains uncensored profanity) 

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

John Oates releases new song “Pushin’ a Rock” in conjunction with Movember men’s health campaign

John Oates releases new song “Pushin’ a Rock” in conjunction with Movember men’s health campaign
John Oates releases new song “Pushin’ a Rock” in conjunction with Movember men’s health campaign
Credit: Jason Lee Denton

Hall & Oates singer John Oates has just released a soulful, new single titled “Pushin’ a Rock” that focuses on overcoming personal struggles.

The tune is available now via streaming services, while a companion music video has debuted on Oates’ official YouTube channel.

The release of the song ties in with the Movember campaign, which asks people to grow or wear a mustache for the month of November while helping to raise funds and awareness about men’s health issues, including mental health, suicide prevention, prostate cancer and testicular cancer.

The 74-year-old Rock & Roll Hall of Famer will serve as an ambassador for Movember and will participate in the initiative by growing his mustache back fully for the first time in more than 30 years.

“Pushin’ a Rock” is a song that Oates co-wrote with Grammy-winning producer/songwriter Nathan Chapman, who’s known for his work with Taylor Swift. John originally recorded the tune several years ago, and did an updated version for the new release.

“‘Pushin’ a Rock’ is a rallying cry to everyone who strives to overcome life’s struggles and challenges,” Oates notes. “It’s a universal theme and an important message for our time riding on a cool groove.”

In conjunction with the tune’s release and the Movember initiative, Oates is opening up about the fact that he’s experienced his own mental health struggles.

About participating in the campaign, he says, “It is important to me to speak out about men’s issues and shine a light on things that often go unspoken.”

The Movember initiative kicks off November 1. To find out more about it, visit Movember.com.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Deftones’ Chino Moreno announces new EP with Crosses project

Deftones’ Chino Moreno announces new EP with Crosses project
Deftones’ Chino Moreno announces new EP with Crosses project
Warner Records

Deftones frontman Chino Moreno has announced a new EP with his Crosses side project.

The six-track collection titled PERMANENT.RADIANT will arrive December 9. You can listen to the single “Vivien” now via digital outlets.

PERMANENT.RADIANT follows the singles “Initiation” and “Protection,” which were released in March. Crosses, which also includes producer/multi-instrumentalist Shaun Lopez, released their self-titled debut — and to date only — full-length album in 2014.

Deftones, meanwhile, is preparing to headline their upcoming Dia de Los Deftones festival, taking place November 5 in San Diego. The lineup also includes Turnstile and Phantogram.

Here’s the PERMANENT.RADIANT track list:

“Sensation”
“Vivien”
“Cadavre Exquis”
“Day One”
“Holier”
“Procession”

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Lainey Wilson announces 2023 headlining tour as her new album, ‘Bell Bottom Country,’ arrives

Lainey Wilson announces 2023 headlining tour as her new album, ‘Bell Bottom Country,’ arrives
Lainey Wilson announces 2023 headlining tour as her new album, ‘Bell Bottom Country,’ arrives
Brett Carlsen/Getty Images for ACM

Lainey Wilson dropped her highly-anticipated new album, Bell Bottom Country, on Friday, and she had one more surprise in store for her fans: She’s going on tour.

The singer announced her 2023 headlining Country with a Flare Tour, which is a partnership with Stella Rosa’s Future is Female series. The trek kicks off in January.

It’ll be Lainey’s first-ever headlining tour, and she’s bringing rising acts Ben Chapman, Meg McCree and Leah Blevins along for the ride on select dates. The 27-date run will take them across the U.S., starting with a stop in Spokane, Washington and concluding in Columbus, Ohio in March.

Tickets go on sale next Friday, November 4 at 10 a.m. local time. However, Citi cardmembers will be able to unlock a special presale a few days early, beginning November 1 at 10 a.m. local time. Members of Lainey’s fan club will also get early access, beginning November 2 at 10 a.m. local time.

See Lainey’s website for a full list of dates and details about the shows on the trek.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Domestic violent extremism investigations doubled from 2020 to 2021: FBI, DHS

Domestic violent extremism investigations doubled from 2020 to 2021: FBI, DHS
Domestic violent extremism investigations doubled from 2020 to 2021: FBI, DHS
David Crespo/Getty Images

(WASHINGTON) — Investigations involving a domestic violent extremism nexus doubled from 2020 to 2021, according to a new report released Thursday by the Department of Homeland Security and FBI.

The law enforcement agencies say that in 2020, the FBI was conducting 1,400 domestic terrorism investigations, and by the end of 2021 they were conducting 2,700.

The agencies say a large part of the increase was due to the events and investigations surrounding the attack on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

“One of the most significant terrorism threats to the Homeland we face today is posed by lone offenders and small groups of individuals who commit acts of violence motivated by a range of ideological beliefs and/or personal grievances,” the report says. “Of these actors, domestic violent extremists represent one of the most persistent threats to the United States today. These individuals are often radicalized online and look to conduct attacks with easily accessible weapons.”

The congressional mandated report was released nearly two years late by the FBI and DHS but no reason was provided.

Although there is no federal domestic terrorism charge, the report explains that there are a myriad of charges that can be brought and the case still have a domestic terrorism nexus.

“Individuals whose conduct involves DT or a threat thereof may be prosecuted by any USAO under a wide range of criminal statutes, some of which on their face relate to DT, and others of which do not,” the report says.

The number of domestic terrorism referrals also increased by almost a third.

In FY 2020, the FBI received approximately 5,669 referrals of possible DT incidents; and in FY 2021, the FBI received approximately 8,375 referrals of possible DT incidents.

Racially motivated violent extremists made up 40% of the investigations in 2020, and in 2021 38% of investigations centered around anti-government extremism.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.