Journey releasing live album and video documenting 2021 Lollapalooza show

Journey releasing live album and video documenting 2021 Lollapalooza show
Journey releasing live album and video documenting 2021 Lollapalooza show
Frontiers Records

As Journey prepares to launch its 50th anniversary tour next year, the band has announced plans to release a new concert album and video on December 9 capturing the group’s performance at the 2021 Lollapalooza festival.

Live in Concert at Lollapalooza, which can be preordered now, will be available as a CD/DVD set, on Blu-ray, via digital formats and as a three-LP vinyl package pressed on either black vinyl or limited-edition green vinyl.

Journey’s Lollapalooza performance took place on July 31, 2021, at Chicago’s Grant Park. The band’s lineup for the show featured founding guitarist Neal Schon, longtime keyboardist Jonathan Cain, frontman Arnel Pineda, keyboardist/backing singer Jason Derlatka and fill-in bassist Marco Mendoza. The group also featured two drummers at the show, current member Deen Castronovo and Narada Michael Walden. Walden played drums on, co-produced and co-wrote most of the songs on Journey’s 2022 studio album, Freedom, but he’s no longer part of the group.

A video of Journey performing its 1986 song “Be Good to Yourself” at the Lollapalooza gig has debuted on YouTube.

The concert also included renditions of such classic tunes as “Separate Ways (Worlds Apart),” “Who’s Crying Now,” “Wheel in the Sky,” “Open Arms,” “Faithfully,” “Any Way You Want It” and, of course, “Don’t Stop Believin’.”

As previously reported, Journey’s 50th Anniversary Freedom Tour 2023, featuring opening act Toto, kicks off February 4 in Allentown, Pennsylvania, and is scheduled to run through an April 25 show in Thousand Palms, California.

Here’s the full track list of Live in Concert at Lollapalooza:

“Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)”
“Only the Young”
Guitar Interlude
“Stone In Love”
“Be Good to Yourself”
“Just the Same Way”
“Lights”
“Still They Ride”
“Escape”
“La Do Da”
Piano Interlude
“Who’s Crying Now”
Guitar Interlude
“Wheel in the Sky”
“Ask the Lonely”
“Open Arms”
“Lovin’ Touchin’ Squeezin'”
“Faithfully”
“Any Way You Want It”
“Don’t Stop Believin'”

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Nancy Pelosi’s husband attacked by man with hammer; suspect shouted, ‘Where’s Nancy?’: Sources

Nancy Pelosi’s husband attacked by man with hammer; suspect shouted, ‘Where’s Nancy?’: Sources
Nancy Pelosi’s husband attacked by man with hammer; suspect shouted, ‘Where’s Nancy?’: Sources
JUSTIN TALLIS/AFP via Getty Images

(SAN FRANCISCO) — Paul Pelosi, husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, was “violently assaulted” by a man who broke into his San Francisco home early Friday, according to her spokesperson.

The suspect, 42-year-old David Depape, attacked Paul Pelosi with a hammer when officers responded to a priority well-being check at 2:27 a.m. local time, San Francisco police said. Officers tackled the suspect and disarmed him, police said.

Paul Pelosi, 82, is in the hospital and “is expected to make a full recovery,” the speaker’s spokesperson, Drew Hammill, said in a statement. But two sources familiar with the matter told ABC News his injuries are “significant.”

Depape allegedly entered the house through a sliding glass door, law enforcement sources familiar with the matter told ABC News. The suspect shouted “Where’s Nancy?” before allegedly striking Paul Pelosi, according to two sources familiar with the matter.

Nancy Pelosi was in Washington, D.C., with her protective detail at the time, according to the Capitol Police.

Depape, who was hospitalized with injuries, will be booked on charges including attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon, burglary and elderly abuse, police said.

The motive is under investigation, Hammill said.

The Capitol Police, FBI and San Francisco Police Department are all involved in the investigation. The San Francisco District Attorney’s Office said the case will be handled locally. Charges are forthcoming but have not yet been filed, the district attorney’s office said.

“The Speaker and her family are grateful to the first responders and medical professionals involved, and request privacy at this time,” Hammill added.

President Joe Biden spoke with Nancy Pelosi Friday morning “to express his support after this horrible attack,” White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said in a statement.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer said in a statement, “What happened to Paul Pelosi was a dastardly act. I spoke with Speaker Pelosi earlier this morning and conveyed my deepest concern and heartfelt wishes to her husband and their family, and I wish him a speedy recovery.”

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell tweeted that he’s “horrified and disgusted” by the attack, adding, “Grateful to hear that Paul is on track to make a full recovery.”

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy reached out to Nancy Pelosi to “check in on Paul and said he’s praying for a full recovery,” according to his spokesperson.

ABC News’ Trish Turner, Pierre Thomas, Rachel Scott and Alex Stone contributed to this report.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Sam Smith and Kim Petras’ “Unholy” makes queer history on the ’Billboard’ charts

Sam Smith and Kim Petras’ “Unholy” makes queer history on the ’Billboard’ charts
Sam Smith and Kim Petras’ “Unholy” makes queer history on the ’Billboard’ charts
Capitol Records

Sam Smith and Kim Petras made LGBTQ+ history on the Billboard charts when “Unholy” topped the Hot 100, making them respectively the first non-binary and transgender artists to top the chart. But, they also accomplished something else that has never been seen before in the chart’s 64-year history.

Steve Lacy, who is openly bisexual, previously reigned the Hot 100 for several weeks with his hit “Bad Habit” until “Unholy” knocked it into second place. This marks the first time in Billboard history that two gender-diverse artists have taken the #1 from a bisexual artist.

Sam spoke with Billboard about their song’s success and expressed, “I’ve been genuinely humbled by the reaction to ‘Unholy.'”

The singer continued, “I felt like we’d made something special in the studio, but you never know how that is going to translate. It was only when I started playing it to people close to me and seeing their reactions to the record that I dared to think it might.”

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Lil Wayne adds Rick Ross and Cam‘ron to Lil Weezyana Fest

Lil Wayne adds Rick Ross and Cam‘ron to Lil Weezyana Fest
Lil Wayne adds Rick Ross and Cam‘ron to Lil Weezyana Fest
Nicholas Hunt/Getty Images for BACARDI

After a two-month delay, Lil Wayne is hosting his annual Lil Weezyana Fest this weekend in his hometown of New Orleans, and he’s added Rick Ross and Cam’ron to the lineup.

The annual event was originally scheduled for August but was delayed due “unforeseen circumstances.” Wayne’s headlining his sixth festival on Saturday at the Champions Square in The Big Easy. The show will also feature Quavo & Takeoff from Migos, Babyface Ray, Rob49, Neno Calvin, artists from his Young Money Entertainment label and surprise guests.

The first Lil Weezyana Fest in 2015 commemorated the 10th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina.

The annual event was canceled in 2020 and 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In 2019, Travis Scott, Megan Thee Stallion, Meek Mill, Trey Songz, Kash Doll, Saweetie and more took the stage. Previous shows featured NBA Youngboy, Jeezy, Gucci Mane, Master P, Big Freedia, Tory Lanez, Migos, Yo Gotti, 2 Chainz and the Hot Boyz, with surprise guests including Drake, Nicki Minaj, Chris Brown, and Birdman.

This year, proceeds from the festival will be donated to support educational initiatives for the youth of New Orleans.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Rock ‘n’ roll legend Jerry Lee Lewis dead at 87

Rock ‘n’ roll legend Jerry Lee Lewis dead at 87
Rock ‘n’ roll legend Jerry Lee Lewis dead at 87
David Redfern/Redferns

Rock ‘n’ roll pioneer Jerry Lee Lewis, known for his dynamic singing, piano playing and wild performance style, has died at age 87. Lewis’ passing was announced Friday in a lengthy statement posted on his official website.

The Louisiana-born Lewis was part of Memphis, Tennessee label Sun Records’ roster of influential rock ‘n’ roll artists during the late 1950s alongside Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins and Roy Orbison.

Jerry Lee, who was infamously nicknamed “The Killer,” came to fame thanks to the classic songs “Whole Lotta Shakin’ Going On” and “Great Balls of Fire,” which peaked at #3 and #2, respectively, on the Billboard Hot 100. Both songs also topped the U.S. country charts.

After scoring another top-10 hit in 1958 with “Breathless,” Lewis, who was 22 at the time, was involved in a major controversy that derailed his pop career when it came to light that he had recently married his 13-year-old cousin, Myra Gale Brown. The couple remained married until 1970.

Starting in the late 1960s and into the ’80s, Lewis enjoyed a successful career as a country artist, releasing dozens of charting hits.

Jerry Lee was part of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame’s first class of inductees in 1986. He also was inducted into the Memphis Music Hall of Fame in 2019 and the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2022.

Lewis’ life was chronicled in the 1989 biopic Great Balls of Fire, which starred Dennis Quaid and featured Winona Ryder as Myra.

Jerry Lee’s last solo studio album, Rock and Roll Time, was released in 2014 and featured guest appearances from several well-known musicians, including Keith Richards, The Band‘s Robbie Robertson, Neil Young and Nils Lofgren. Earlier this year, he released a collaborative gospel album with his cousin, televangelist Jimmy Swaggart, called The Boys from Ferriday.

Lewis is survived by his wife, Judith Coghlan Lewis, his four children, many grandchildren and his sister, Linda Gail Lewis.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Niall Horan confirms he’ll release new music and go on tour next year

Niall Horan confirms he’ll release new music and go on tour next year
Niall Horan confirms he’ll release new music and go on tour next year
Matteo Rossetti/Archivio Matteo Rossetti/Mondadori Portfolio via Getty Images

Niall Horan is looking ahead to a busy 2023. The “Slow Hands” singer confirmed he’ll be releasing brand-new music and will go on tour next year.

“It’s been a while. Which I know you’re very aware of but I just wanted to give you an update on what’s going on — I’m back,” he announced in a video message on Twitter. Niall continued, “I’ve got new music coming in the new year that I’m really proud of, and I appreciate you being so patient with me while I’ve done it.” He failed to, however, reveal the title of his “whole new album” or when fans can expect it to arrive on shelves.

Niall added he is currently “shooting The Voice” as the newest coach, noting episodes begin airing “next year… and we go live in May.” He will be joining returning coaches Kelly Clarkson and Blake Shelton as well as fellow newbie coach Chance the Rapper.

Niall also tested the waters of hitting the road again. “Something that I’ve wanted to do forever is festivals and I’ve never really had the opportunity to do it,” he teased. “I think we will be announcing some festivals in the next couple of days and weeks and months for next year.”

Niall added he is “excited” for his music comeback and said he “cannot wait to be back on the road and see you guys all over the world.”

He signed off by telling fans, “See you in the new year!”

This will be Niall’s first album since his 2020 sophomore effort Heartbreak Weather, which produced the songs “Nice to Meet Ya” and “No Judgement.”

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Listen to Coldplay’s collaboration with BTS’ Jin, “The Astronaut”

Listen to Coldplay’s collaboration with BTS’ Jin, “The Astronaut”
Listen to Coldplay’s collaboration with BTS’ Jin, “The Astronaut”
Courtesy of BIGHIT MUSIC

BTS member Jin has premiered his much-anticipated new single “The Astronaut,” which was co-written by Coldplay.

Chris Martin and company also play on the track, which you can listen to now via digital outlets. An accompanying video is also streaming now on YouTube.

Jin is set to join Coldplay for the live debut of “The Astronaut” during the U.K. band’s show in Argentina, which will screen live Friday in theaters worldwide. For more info, visit ColdplayCinema.live.

Coldplay previously collaborated with BTS on the song “My Universe,” which appears on the former’s 2021 album, Music of the Spheres. The track hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Bruce Springsteen debuts cover of “Don’t Play That Song” from new album, ‘Only the Strong Survive’

Bruce Springsteen debuts cover of “Don’t Play That Song” from new album, ‘Only the Strong Survive’
Bruce Springsteen debuts cover of “Don’t Play That Song” from new album, ‘Only the Strong Survive’
Columbia Records

Bruce Springsteen has offered up a third advance track from his upcoming album of soul covers, Only the Strong Survive, which is due out November 11.

The Boss has debuted his rendition of “Don’t Play That Song,” which was a hit for Ben E. King in 1962 and Aretha Franklin in 1970. Both Ben E.’s and Aretha’s versions reached #11 on the Billboard Hot 100, while they also landed at #2 and #1, respectively, on the R&B chart.

The tune was co-written by Atlantic Records co-founder Ahmet Ertegun and King’s wife, Betty Nelson.

Springsteen’s version of “Don’t Play That Song” features Bruce accompanied by a string section, backing singers and The E Street Horns. Coinciding with the track’s release, a black-and-white music video featuring The Boss’ live performance of the song has premiered on his YouTube channel.

The clip was directed by frequent Springsteen collaborator Thom Zimny.

“Don’t Play That Song” follows Bruce’s previously released versions of the Commodores‘ 1985 hit “Nightshift” and “Do I Love You (Indeed I Do),” originally recorded by Frank Wilson in 1965.

As previously reported, Only the Strong Survive features Sam Moore of Sam & Dave as a guest vocalist on two songs. Among the covers on the album are tunes by The Temptations, Four Tops, The Walker Brothers, Dobie Gray, Jerry Butler and more.

Only the Strong Survive can be preordered now. Here’s the album’s full track list:

“Only the Strong Survive”
“Soul Days” — featuring Sam Moore
“Nightshift”
“Do I Love You (Indeed I Do)”
“The Sun Ain’t Gonna Shine Anymore”
“Turn Back the Hands of Time”
“When She Was My Girl”
“Hey, Western Union Man”
“I Wish It Would Rain”
“Don’t Play That Song”
“Any Other Way”
“I Forgot to Be Your Lover” — featuring Sam Moore
“7 Rooms of Gloom”
“What Becomes of the Brokenhearted”
“Someday We’ll Be Together”

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen divorce after 13 years of marriage

Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen divorce after 13 years of marriage
Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen divorce after 13 years of marriage
Taylor Hill/FilmMagic

Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen are divorcing after 13 years of marriage.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback and the Brazilian supermodel, who married in 2009, confirmed their split on social media.

In both their posts, Brady and Bündchen said they had “gratitude” for their time together and that the decision had been made “amicably.”

“We are blessed with beautiful and wonderful children who will continue to be the center of our world in every way,” Brady wrote. “We will continue to work together as parents to always ensure they receive the love and attention they deserve.”

Bündchen echoed that sentiment, writing, “My priority has always been and will continue to be our children whom I love with all my heart. We will continue co-parenting to give them the love, care and attention they greatly deserve.”

Brady called the situation “painful and difficult,” and said he and Bündchen “only wish the best for each other as we pursue whatever new chapters in our lives that are yet to be written.”

“The decision to end a marriage is never easy but we have grown apart and while it is, of course, difficult to go through something like this, I feel blessed for the time we had together and only wish the best for Tom always,” Bündchen said.

Both Brady and Bündchen also asked for privacy.

The news comes after much speculation on the status of their relationship. Tabloid reports have hinted at alleged contention between the two due to Brady’s decision to return to football after a brief 40-day retirement earlier this year. Brady has struggled this season and the Buccaneers have stumbled to a 3-5 record and current three-game losing streak.

The supermodel tweeted her support for Brady before his game on September 11, writing, “Let’s go @TomBrady ! Let’s go Bucs !”

The couple also shared several loving posts for one another throughout 2022 and celebrated their 13th wedding anniversary in February, with Brady describing Bündchen in a post as the “best mother and wife and supporter in the world.”

Brady and Bündchen share two children together: 12-year-old Benjamin and 9-year-old Vivian. Brady also has a 15-year-old son, Jack, from his previous relationship with actress Bridget Moynahan.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Six kids killed in apparent murder-suicide at Oklahoma home, two adult suspects dead

Six kids killed in apparent murder-suicide at Oklahoma home, two adult suspects dead
Six kids killed in apparent murder-suicide at Oklahoma home, two adult suspects dead
Oliver Helbig/Getty Images

(BROKEN ARROW, Okla.) — Six children were killed in an apparent murder-suicide at their home in a Tulsa, Oklahoma, suburb, according to police.

The two adult suspects were also found dead at the home in Broken Arrow after crews responded to a fire at the house Thursday afternoon, Broken Arrow Police Chief Brandon Berryhill said at a news conference Friday.

The children ranged in age from 1 to 13 years old, the chief said.

Officials don’t believe any of the victims died from the fire, but the medical examiner will make the final determination, Broken Arrow Fire Chief Jeremy Moore said. Guns have been recovered from the home, Berryhill said.

Fire crews responded to the house around 4:05 p.m. and found two adults in the front of the house “obviously deceased,” and their deaths appeared criminal in nature, Moore said. The fire was focused on one room in the back of the house, and while trying to extinguish that fire, responders found the children, Moore said.

There’s no threat to the public, Berryhill said.

Police have not been called to this home in recent years, Berryhill said.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.