Bruce Hornsby announces new album and tour

Bruce Hornsby announces new album and tour
Bruce Hornsby announces new album and tour
Cover of Bruce Hornsby’s ‘Indigo Park’ (Zappo Productions/Thirty Tigers)

Bruce Hornsby is back with new music and a new tour.

The singer is set to release a new album, Indigo Park, on April 3. He’ll then hit the road in support of the release with his band The Noisemakers.

The tour launches April 19 in Cincinnati and hits such cities as Nashville, Atlanta, Seattle, San Francisco and Los Angeles before wrapping July 25 in Patchogue, New York. It also includes an appearance at Jazz Fest in New Orleans on April 25.

A presale for tickets begins Wednesday at 10 a.m. local time. Tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday at 10 a.m. local time.

More details on the album and special guests for the tour are expected at a later date.

This year is a big one for Hornsby. In addition to the album and tour, he’s celebrating the 40th anniversary of his iconic album The Way It Is and its title track, which hit #1. Released with his band The Range, the album also featured the song “Mandolin Rain,” which was a top-five hit for Hornsby.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

19-year-old woman found dead on Australian beach surrounded by dingoes: Police

19-year-old woman found dead on Australian beach surrounded by dingoes: Police
19-year-old woman found dead on Australian beach surrounded by dingoes: Police
A dingo walks on the beach, Fraser Island, also known as K’gari, in Queensland, Australia (STOCK PHOTO/Getty Images)

(K’GARI, Australia) — A 19-year-old Canadian woman was found dead on an Australian beach surrounded by a pack of dingoes, according to police.

The cause of death remains under investigation in the “shocking” incident, according to Queensland Police.

Two passersby found the teen’s body on Monday morning local time on the island of K’gari, located off the coast of Queensland, police said. There was a small pack of dingoes around her body at the time, according to Queensland Police Inspector Paul Algie, calling it a “traumatic and horrific scene.”

“I can confirm there was marking on her body consistent with having been touched and interfered with by the dingoes,” Algie said during a press briefing on Monday, though he noted it was too early to speculate on the cause of death, pending the autopsy report.

Algie said police are investigating all possibilities in the death. 

“We simply can’t confirm whether this young lady drowned or died as a result of being attacked by dingoes,” he said.

The woman had been working for the past several weeks at a backpackers’ hostel on K’gari, formerly known as Fraser Island, police said.

Police said she is believed to have gone for a swim alone on the beach, near a popular shipwreck, around 5 a.m. local time Monday and was found dead over an hour later.  

An autopsy is expected to be conducted on Wednesday, police said.

K’gari, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is a popular tourist destination. Dingoes are protected on the island as a native species.

The last fatal dingo attack on K’gari was 25 years ago, according to Fraser Coast Mayor George Seymour. In that incident, a 9-year-old boy died.

“This is a shocking tragedy that has really affected our community,” Seymour told the Australian network 9News amid the investigation into the 19-year-old’s death.

“Dingoes are an essential part of this wilderness on K’gari, it’s part of why people go there — to escape, be part of a World Heritage wilderness,” he said. “There are dangers there.”

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

‘High School Musical’ stars celebrate its 20th anniversary: ‘We’ll always be in this together’

‘High School Musical’ stars celebrate its 20th anniversary: ‘We’ll always be in this together’
‘High School Musical’ stars celebrate its 20th anniversary: ‘We’ll always be in this together’
Ashley Tisdale, Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron attend the after party for the DVD launch of ‘High School Musical’ on May 13, 2006, in Hollywood, California. (Stephen Shugerman/Getty Images)

It’s the start of something new, it feels so right to be here with you … to celebrate the 20th anniversary of High School Musical.

The landmark Disney Channel Original Movie turned 20 years old on Tuesday. To celebrate its second decade, several stars from the franchise shared tributes to the film that launched their careers.

Vanessa Hudgens, who starred as Gabriella Montez in the High School Musical trilogy, posted an Instagram carousel filled with behind-the-scenes photos from the making of the 2006 film.

“I cannot believe HSM turns 20 today. Thank you to everyone who’s been there since day 1. We’ll always be in this together,” she captioned her post.

Ashley Tisdale French, who played Sharpay Evans in all three HSM movies and the spinoff film Sharpay’s Fabulous Adventure, also posted an Instagram carousel filled with screenshots from the movie and behind-the-scenes photos.

“20 years ago we had no idea what this would turn into. I’m so grateful for what this movie has given me, and for the fans who made it what it is. To be part of something this iconic, that still has new fans discovering it today, is truly wild,” Tisdale French wrote. “It keeps growing in ways I never imagined. I love you, Sharpay. And let me just say… we’re still looking fabulous!”

Tisdale French also made an Instagram Reel of her trying on many of Sharpay’s looks 20 years later — including the blue “Bop to the Top” sparkly gown.

“20 years and two babies later I’m still squeezing into these looks,” Tisdale French captioned the video.

Lucas Grabeel, who starred as Ryan Evans in the movie trilogy, also took to Instagram to celebrate the milestone. He posted a video of him putting on one of Ryan’s signature hats.

“Ryan’s ready. Who else is? #HSM20,” Grabeel captioned the video.

High School Musical also starred Zac Efron as Troy Bolton, the star basketball player who discovers he loves to sing after a chance encounter with Gabriella (Hudgens). The film premiered to Disney Channel on Jan. 20, 2006.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

No more ‘Love & Fear’ in Vegas: Zac Brown Band wraps Sphere shows

No more ‘Love & Fear’ in Vegas: Zac Brown Band wraps Sphere shows
No more ‘Love & Fear’ in Vegas: Zac Brown Band wraps Sphere shows
Zac Brown Band (Disney/Randy Holmes)

Zac Brown Band‘s Love & Fear residency at Sphere Las Vegas is now in the history books, making them the first country band to headline the innovative venue.

ZBB’s eight shows started Dec. 5 and wrapped Jan. 17, showcasing their eighth studio album, Love & Fear, which came out the day of the first concert.

For the special shows, Zac used Sphere’s “groundbreaking visual capabilities,” according to a press release, to build a “narrative journey, tracing the emotional arc of Love & Fear, moving from vulnerability and uncertainty toward gratitude, resilience, and connection.”

The set list included new songs like “Let It Run” alongside ZBB hits like “Same Boat,” “Chicken Fried,” “Toes,” “Colder Weather,” “Keep Me In Mind” and “Free.”

So far, there’s no word about the possibility of more ZBB shows at Sphere. At this point, we don’t know anything about the band’s 2026 tour plans, save for a June date in London. 

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

‘6 Months Later,’ Megan Moroney grabs her third #1

‘6 Months Later,’ Megan Moroney grabs her third #1
‘6 Months Later,’ Megan Moroney grabs her third #1
Megan Moroney’s ‘Cloud 9’ (Sony)

A little more than “6 Months Later,” Megan Moroney‘s #1 on the Mediabase radio airplay chart. 

The lead single from her third album, Cloud 9, came out in June 2025 and has since been certified Gold. 

“Thank you so much to my country radio friends!” Megan said. “It feels surreal to have another number one and I’m thankful country radio embraced this song as much as my fans and I.”

“6 Months Later” is Megan’s third chart-topper, following 2023’s “Tennessee Orange” and “Am I Okay?,” which made it to #1 in June. 

Cloud 9 arrives Feb. 20. 

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Def Leppard fans ‘Rejoice’ as band teases new music

Def Leppard fans ‘Rejoice’ as band teases new music
Def Leppard fans ‘Rejoice’ as band teases new music
Joe Elliott of Def Leppard performs onstage during Radio 2 In The Park at Hylands Park on September 7, 2025 in Chelmsford, England. (Photo by Katja Ogrin/Getty Images)

Looks like we’re about to get some new music from Def Leppard.

The band shared a video teasing what appears to be a new song on Instagram, with the clip showing posters popping up with the words “Def Leppard,” “Rejoice” and the tag line “You’re All Invited.” The clip is captioned “GET ON BOARD,” and you can hear snippets of a new song in the video.

A link provided on their Instagram account brings fans to a presave page for “Rejoice,” with the release date of Jan. 22.

“Rejoice” will be the first new material from Def Leppard since they released the single “Just Like 73,” featuring Rage Against the Machine’s Tom Morello, in 2024. They released their last studio album, Diamond Star Halos, in 2022.

The new music tease comes as Def Leppard is getting ready to launch a new Las Vegas residency at The Colosseum at Caesar’s Palace on Feb. 3. The residency runs until Feb. 28. A complete list of Def Leppard dates can be found at DefLeppard.com.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

The Human League, Soft Cell and Alison Moyet announce dates for The Generations Tour

The Human League, Soft Cell and Alison Moyet announce dates for The Generations Tour
The Human League, Soft Cell and Alison Moyet announce dates for The Generations Tour
Admat for The Generations Tour, featuring The Human League, Soft Cell and Alison Moyet

The Human League has announced dates for The Generations Tour, featuring special guests Soft Cell and Alison Moyet.

The 21-date tour will launch June 2 in San Diego. It will hit big cities like Los Angeles, Dallas, Nashville, Chicago, New York and Philadelphia before wrapping July 2 in Niagara, Ontario, Canada.

“Since our debut in 1980, we have always enjoyed an awesome welcome in America and we’re really thrilled to be embarking on a coast-to-coast tour of the U.S. in 2026,” says Philip Oakey of The Human League.

“The opportunity to tour with The Human League is just incredible,” Soft Cell’s Marc Almond adds. “They are legendary and I know they will do an unforgettable show.” He notes, “Alison Moyet is such a talented artist and a wonderful singer. Honestly, it will be an absolute honor to be part of the bill with these artists.”

“I am honored to have been invited to share a stage on this tour with The Human League and Soft Cell,” Moyet says. “Stunning artists that reframed our music scene and by cutting their own shapes, made it possible for people like me to launch.”

Ticket presales begin Wednesday at 10 a.m. local time, with tickets going on sale to the general public Friday at 10 a.m. local time.

All three artists rose to fame in the ’80s. The Human League is best known for their #1 hit “Don’t You Want Me,” while Soft Cell had a breakout hit with “Tainted Love.” Moyet had success in the ’80s as part of the synth-pop duo Yaz, known for such songs as “Only You,” “Don’t Go” and “Situation.”

A complete list of dates can be found at TheHumanLeague.co.uk.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Stevie Nicks to play Austin, Texas, in April

Stevie Nicks to play Austin, Texas, in April
Stevie Nicks to play Austin, Texas, in April
Stevie Nicks performs on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’ (Disney/Randy Holmes)

Stevie Nicks has added another show to her 2026 schedule.

The two-time Rock & Roll Hall of Famer is set to play The Moody Center in Austin, Texas, on April 22.

The last time Stevie played The Moody Center was in August 2023. In announcing the show she wrote on Instagram, “3 years is far too long, Austin! Can’t wait to see you all again soon.”

A Master Card presale for tickets begins Wednesday at 10 a.m. CT, followed by a Ticketmaster presale on Thursday at 10 a.m. CT. Tickets go on sale to the general public Friday at 10 a.m. CT.

The Austin show is one of only three concerts Stevie has on her schedule so far. She’s also set to play Thackerville, Oklahoma, on April 18, and she’ll headline Jazz Fest in New Orleans on April 25.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Red Cross announces severe emergency blood shortage, calls on Americans to donate

Red Cross announces severe emergency blood shortage, calls on Americans to donate
Red Cross announces severe emergency blood shortage, calls on Americans to donate
Ojos De Hojalata/STOCK PHOTO/Getty Images

(NEW YORK) — The American Red Cross declared a severe emergency blood shortage on Monday and called on people to donate.

The humanitarian organization, which says it’s the largest supplier of blood products for hospitals and for patient need in the U.S., said the demand from hospitals has outpaced the available supply of blood.

Dr. Courtney Lawrence, divisional chief medical officer at American Red Cross, told ABC News that almost one-third of the organization’s blood stores across the country have been depleted due to hospital need.

Lawrence said inclement winter weather, which has forced more than 400 Red Cross blood drives around the U.S. to be canceled, is among the reasons that donations are down.

Additionally, the U.S. is experiencing a moderately severe flu season, with some states reporting record levels of weekly cases and hospitalizations.

“That can overwhelm our health care system, and it can also mean that donors may not be feeling well enough to come in to donate or may be busy taking care of their loved ones who are sick,” Lawrence said.

When blood supplies are low, it can affect the ability to treat patients in need including trauma patients, chemotherapy patients with underlying blood disorders, those living with sickle cell disease and others, Lawrence said. She called on Americans to donate if they’re able to.

Reihaneh Hajibeigi, 34, from Austin, Texas, was one of those patients in need, telling ABC News that blood transfusions saved her life.

Hajibeigi said she lost a lot of blood while giving birth to her first child in 2023, and that the hospital gave her some blood and sent her home with her husband and newborn daughter.

“After about a couple weeks, things started to not be so great,” she told ABC News. “What I assumed was just being new mom tired really turned into fatigue. I was losing a lot of blood. I was starting to just not feel so great”

When Hajibeigi went back to the doctor two and a half weeks after giving birth, she said medical staff discovered she had retained a roughly four-centimeter piece of placenta on her uterine wall that was becoming toxic.

Hajibeigi said she underwent a procedure the next morning and began hemorrhaging during the operation, losing about 40% of her total blood volume.

In the recovery room, Hajibeigi said she started to crash again from the loss of blood and doctors raced to give her a blood transfusion.

“Fortunately, they had the blood on hand. They were able to get it into my system and basically brought me back to life,” she said.

Hajibeigi said she hopes that by sharing her story, she can encourage people to donate if they’re able, especially knowing there’s a chance their donation can help someone in need.

“It just made it that much clearer how vital blood donations are and how much sometimes we take it for granted, just assuming that the blood supply was always going to be intact,” she said. “And in that case, I needed the blood. Wonderful.”

“It’s a scary thought to think what if the blood product that I needed wasn’t there?” Hajibeigi said. “Then what would have happened?”

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Uvalde officer Gonzales may have suffered from ‘tunnel vision,’ defense witness says

Uvalde officer Gonzales may have suffered from ‘tunnel vision,’ defense witness says
Uvalde officer Gonzales may have suffered from ‘tunnel vision,’ defense witness says
A memorial dedicated to the 19 children and two adults murdered on May 24,2022 during a mass shooting at Robb Elementary School is seen on January 05, 2026 in Uvalde, Texas. Brandon Bell/Getty Images

(CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas) — Former Uvalde, Texas, school police officer Adrian Gonzales could have suffered from “inattentive blindness” and “tunnel vision” when he responded to the Robb Elementary School shooting, a former officer testified for the defense on Tuesday.

Former San Antonio police officer Willie Cantu said the jurors are unlikely to “understand just how bad” the tunnel vision could be during an emergency response.

To describe “inattentive blindness,” Cantu compared the experience to struggling to find your car keys when you are running late for work.

“It’s like when you get stressed. I’m late for work and I need to find my keys to my car. I can’t find my keys, and you have them in your hand,” he said.

Cantu attempted to defend Gonzales’ actions on May 24, 2022 — citing the real-time challenges he faced as one of the first officers to respond — as defense lawyers pushed back on the prosecution’s allegation that Gonzales “intentionally, knowingly, recklessly and with criminal negligence” endangered students.

Cantu also tried to cast doubt on the reliability of teaching aide Melodye Flores, who testified for the prosecution that she tried to warn Gonzales about the location of the shooter.

“No disrespect to Flores at all, she was definitely there, experienced all the trauma that was going on, but people process that type of stuff differently,” Cantu said.

Cantu also attempted to highlight the inaction of other officers, including one who monitored the perimeter of the school when he arrived.

“It really surprised me that he was right there and just pretty much taken, I’d say a tertiary role,” he remarked.

The only other defense witness was Claudia Rodriguez, a secretary at the funeral home that neighbored Robb.

Rodriguez told jurors that she witnessed gunman Salvador Ramos exit his car with a rifle after crashing into a ditch, and she said Ramos ducked behind a nearby parked car when Gonzales drove by him. That move, defense lawyers allege, prevented Gonzales from being able to clearly spot the gunman when he first arrived at the school.

“And at the time you see the white car [driven by Gonzales], you see the figure, kind of ducking down between the cars. Is that how you remember seeing it?” defense attorney Jason Goss asked.

“Yes sir,” Rodriguez replied.

Rodriguez also testified that she tried to warn other arriving officers that the shooter entered the school, but they did not run in to stop him.

“Gilbert [Limones, another funeral home employee,] and I are yelling at them upon their arrival and after they exited their car that he’s already inside,” she said.

“Did those officers then go immediately to where you told them and run inside the building?” Goss asked.

“No. I believe, if I remember correctly, they got back into the car and went around the school towards the front of Robb,” she said.

Defense lawyers rested their case on Tuesday after testimony from Cantu and Rodriguez. Closing statements are set for Wednesday.

Prosecutors allege Gonzales, who is charged with 29 counts of child endangerment, did not follow his training and endangered the 19 students who died and an additional 10 surviving students.

Flores, the teaching aide, testified that she repeatedly urged Gonzales to intervene in the shooting, but said he did “nothing” in those crucial moments.

Gonzales has pleaded not guilty and his lawyers argue he is being unfairly blamed for a broader law enforcement failure that day. He could face the rest of his life in prison if convicted of all counts.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.