Dustin Lynch & Chase Rice at Red Rocks Amphitheatre (Molson Coors Beverage Company)
Dustin Lynch and Chase Rice are headed back to Colorado’s iconic Red Rocks Amphitheatre to co-headline a show to help firefighters.
“Red Rocks is such a legendary venue, I couldn’t be more pumped to be back – especially with my buddy Chase Rice joining me this time around,” Dustin says. “I’m excited to partner with my friends over at Coors Banquet and help in their mission to support the Wildland Firefighter Foundation.”
“This one’s going to be special, see y’all out there!” he adds.
Presales for the April 22 concert are underway now, with tickets becoming available to the public on Friday.
John Mellencamp performs in concert during the 40th Farm Aid at Huntington Bank Stadium on September 20, 2025 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. (Photo by Gary Miller/Getty Images)
John Mellencamp recently announced dates for his Dancing Words Tour — The Greatest Hits, and it seems he’s already getting his body ready for the trek, although how he’s going about it seems a bit questionable.
The rocker shared a video on Instagram of him working out on a treadmill, while smoking a cigarette. He added the caption, “Getting in shape for the Dancing Words – The Greatest Hits Tour. Who’s joining us?”
In the clip he puffs away as he tells the camera, “I’m gonna play 2 1/2 hours of nothing but hits so I thought I better get in shape, you know what I mean?”
Mellencamp’s Dancing Words Tour — The Greatest Hits kicks off July 10 in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and wraps Aug. 12 in Mountain View, California.
He’s promised fans a set filled with hits including “Jack and Diane,” “Hurts So Good,” “Small Town” and “Pink Houses,” as well as break-out tracks he hasn’t performed live in nearly a decade, like “R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A. (A Salute To 60’s Rock),” “I Need a Lover,” “Wild Night” and “Ain’t Even Done With the Night.”
Tickets are on sale now. A complete list of dates can be found at Mellencamp.com.
In this June 3, 2025, file photo, Karine Jean-Pierre speaks at an event at 92NY in New York. (John Lamparski/Getty Images, FILE)
(WASHINGTON) — With a polarized political climate approaching the high-stakes 2026 midterm elections, more Americans are identifying as independents than ever before, according to a Gallup poll conducted throughout 2025.
A record-high 45% of Americans called themselves political independents in 2025. The figure is a record since Gallup started measuring in 1988 — with the previous high for independents at 43% in 2014, 2023 and 2024.
Gallup found that an equal share of Americans identified as Republicans and Democrats — 27% each.
These findings come as the midterm elections approach in November and several tight races are expected as Republicans in the House try to maintain their slim majority so they can work to push President Donald Trump’s agenda. Both Republicans and Democrats will have to appeal to independents to win any tight races nationwide.
Thomas Nickel, an 85-year-old who lives in California, told ABC News that he has been independent for several years after leaving the Democratic Party. Nickel left his former party because he said he believes Democrats have not pushed hard enough for issues that are “necessary” — specifically mentioning health care coverage. He said universal health coverage is a priority for him, which he said he believes neither party has focused on.
Trump, who has been a vocal critic of President Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act, unveiled his new health care proposal earlier this month, which presents a proposal to shift government insurance subsidies directly to consumers through health savings accounts and take advantage of his “most favored nation” drug price initiative. However, Trump’s proposal has left experts unsure on how impactful these ideas could be.
When asked about his thoughts on the president’s recent health care proposal, Nickel called it “ridiculous,” and added that an average person won’t be able to afford to pay for their own insurance with money they would receive directly. When asked what he would like to see Democrats do, Nickel noted that the ACA is “a step in the right direction,” but that “there’s going to be 25% of people that can’t even afford the health care premiums for the Medicare assistance.”
A Louisiana resident who did not want to disclose his name told ABC News that he is an independent because of how “divisive” politics have become. He said he remains a registered Republican so that he can vote in Republican primaries. Some states hold closed primaries where only voters registered with a certain party can vote in that party’s primary; other states hold open primaries where voters of any affiliation can vote in the primary of any party.
“I think, in recent years, especially the last decade or so, things have gotten so divisive that it feels like the minority on both sides speak for the majority,” he said, adding that he believes both parties “had alienated their voter base by being so polarizing.” He cited the Trump administration’s push to acquire Greenland as “a game of Risk,” but didn’t give specifics on Democrats’ actions he found polarizing.
Zach Servis — a 27-year-old independent who lost his bid for mayor for Jackson, Mississippi, last year — also said that the political climate is “way too polarized and hateful.”
Servis said he left the Republican Party around 2020 during the height of COVID after recognizing what he described as “hypocrisy” of his former party. He pointed to Republicans not supporting social programs such as the ACA, but willingness to help other countries — something he said is not in line with Trump’s “America First” slogan.
Looking ahead to this year’s midterm elections, Servis said he believes that independent voters have enough “power to shift which side wins.”
“I think that independent politics have an opportunity to shape this midterm where some of these parties are going to have to shift a little bit in how they win these voters — and if they’re not willing to come a little more to the middle or reach across the aisle, they’re going to risk people crossing the aisle entirely and voting even for a party they don’t believe in because at least that person’s willing to listen,” Servis said.
Generational shifts in political affiliations
The increase in the share of independents is partly attributable to a larger percentage of younger generations of Americans remaining independent as they age — compared to older generations who are less likely to remain unaffiliated, according to Gallup.
Generation Z, born between 1997 and 2007, has the highest percentage of independents, with 56% identifying as independent, Gallup found.
Gen Z is also less likely to identify as Republican compared to older generations, with 17% identifying as Republican compared to 37% of the Silent Generation (born before 1946).
Gallup found 27% of Gen Z identifying as Democrats compared to 32% of the Silent Generation.
Karine Jean-Pierre, who became an independent after serving in the Biden administration as White House press secretary, told ABC News that she believes the growing percentage of independents is not “temporary” and will continue to reshape the electorate in this 2026 election year.
“I do think there’s power amongst independents. The thing that is changing the electorate is changing in the sense of that you’re seeing more and more independents,” Jean-Pierre told ABC News.
Jean-Pierre also noted that younger generations may be reluctant to join a political party as a way to “express moral concern” over U.S. involvement in global issues.
She also noted that young independents deserve a seat at the table as the midterms approach.
“I don’t think independents, especially young independents, are disengaged,” Jean-Pierre said. “I think what they’re doing is they’re growing numbers — put pressure on both political parties to earn support with real policy results, rather than just assuming loyalty based on branding or identity.”
The Gallup poll was conducted throughout 2025 among 13,454 U.S. adults nationwide and has a margin of error of +/- 1 percentage point.
J. Cole performs onstage during the 2025 Dreamville Music Festival at Dorothea Dix Park on April 6, 2025, in Raleigh, North Carolina. (Photo by Prince Williams/WireImage)
J. Cole dropped four new freestyles Tuesday, just ahead of his 41st birthday on Wednesday. The tracks arrive as part of a DJ Clue–hosted mixtape titled Birthday Blizzard ’26, where Cole reflects on his controversial public apology to Kendrick Lamar on “Bronx Zoo Freestyle.”
Rapping over Diddy’s “Victory” featuring The Notorious B.I.G. and Busta Rhymes, Cole directly addresses the backlash. “I used to be top, see/ the apology dropped me way out of the top three/ no problem, I’m probably my best when they doubt me,” he spits. “The top ain’t really what I thought it would be, so I jumped off and landed back at the bottom/ and restarted at a level where I wasn’t regarded as much/ just to climb past them again and tell them all to keep up.”
The bars reference Cole’s apology following his diss track “7 Minute Drill,” which was released in response to Lamar’s verse on Metro Boomin’s “Like That.” On the song, Kendrick dismissed both Drake and Cole as top rappers, declaring, “Motherf*** the Big Three, n****, it’s just big me.”
Cole later walked back his response at Dreamville Festival, calling the diss “the lamest, goofiest s***.”
Elsewhere on Birthday Blizzard ’26, Cole delivers “Golden Goose Freestyle” over Black Rob’s “Can I Live” featuring The LOX, “Winter Storm Freestyle” over Biggie’s “Who Shot Ya?” and “99 Build Freestyle” over The LOX’s 1998 classic “Money, Power & Respect.”
Jadakiss previously teased the project on his Joe and Jada podcast, confirming Cole’s use of LOX instrumentals.
Birthday Blizzard ’26 is now available on thefalloff.com; a track of the same name appears on the website.
Cole’s next album, The Fall-Off, is set to arrive on Feb. 6.
‘Bridgerton’ season 4 soundtrack cover artwork. (Capitol Records)
If all you wanted was to hear Paramore on Bridgerton, then your dream is about to come true.
An orchestral cover of the Brand New Eyes track “All I Wanted” will be featured in the upcoming fourth season of the hit Netflix romance series.
You’ll hear the “All I Wanted” cover, recorded by the Vitamin String Quartet, in the season’s third episode, “The Field Next to the Other Road.”
The first four episodes of Bridgerton season 4 premiere Thursday along with the accompanying soundtrack. Along with the Paramore cover, the track list includes orchestral versions of Coldplay‘s “Life in Technicolor” and Third Eye Blind‘s “Never Let You Go.”
Previous seasons of Bridgerton have featured covers of songs by Nirvana, Imagine Dragons and Billie Eilish.
Seth MacFarlane attends ‘The Naked Gun’ New York premiere on July 28, 2025, in New York City. (Dia Dipasupil/Getty Images)
It seems today, that all we see, is violence in movies and Seth MacFarlane on TV. As long as you’re watching TV on streaming services, that is.
MacFarlane has been named the winner of the inaugural Streaming Icon of the Year award from the media audience measurement firm Nielsen. This award was given as part of the company’s annual Audience Rated Television Entertainment of the Year Awards, or the ARTEY Awards, which recognize the most-watched streaming titles of the year.
The honor of Streaming Icon of the Year recognizes a creator, actor, producer or writer whose body of work drives significant viewership across many platforms, according to Nielsen.
MacFarlane’s catalog of TV shows and films contributed majorly to his win. In all, they generated over 60 billion viewing minutes across multiple platforms, which Nielsen notes would be equivalent to 116,000 years.
Among his many shows and films, it was Family Guy that contributed greatly to MacFarlane’s win. The show was the second most-watched adult animation show of 2025 and the #7 streaming program overall. It charted in the top 10 on Nielsen’s streaming charts for 37 weeks in 2025. American Dad! also contributed to his win, as the #3 most-watched adult animation streaming title of the year.
“I want to thank Nielsen for this Streaming Icon Award,” MacFarlane said in a statement. “It’s a high honor to receive the first prize in show business that isn’t determined by quality.”
As for some of the other big winners at the 2025 ARTEY Awards, Bluey was the top overall program and the top acquired program with 45.2 billion minutes streamed. Stranger Things was the top original streaming program, while KPop Demon Hunters won for top kids movie.
Lainey Wilson spent Christmas Day performing on Snoop Dogg‘s Holiday Halftime Party, and it won’t be her last time on Netflix.
The documentary Lainey Wilson: Keepin’ Country Cool is set to premiere on the streamer April 22.
“I couldn’t be more excited that this documentary is going to be on Netflix,” she tells Deadline. “This was such a special project to make, and I hope that folks who watch it see that no dream is too big and that staying true to who you are will always lead you exactly where you’re meant to be.”
The show “captures a pivotal moment in her career,” according to the official release from Netflix.
Lainey’s also been rubbing elbows with some other Netflix stars. She recently stopped by the Los Angeles set as Leanne Morgan shoots the second season of her eponymous sitcom. You might remember the Tennessee comedian also visited Lainey as she hosted November’s CMA Awards.
BRIT Awards 2026 logo (Courtesy The BRIT Awards 2026 with Mastercard/The BRIT Trust)
If you’re wondering what you can expect from Harry Styles‘ upcoming Together, Together tour, he’ll be giving fans a preview in February.
Harry’s official return to live performance will take place Feb. 28 at the BRIT Awards, the U.K. equivalent of the Grammys. The show will be held in Manchester, England, at the Co-op Live, a venue in which Harry is an investor.
Harry joins Olivia Dean as a performer on the show. It’ll be his first time at the BRITs since 2023, when he scored four trophies and performed. His appearance comes shortly before he releases his new album, Kiss All the Time. Disco, Occasionally., on March 6.
Harry’s Together, Together tour gets underway May 16 in Amsterdam and will travel to London, Sao Paulo, Mexico City, New York City, Melbourne and Sydney, with multiple shows in each city.
: Bruce Springsteen performs at the AFI FEST 2025 Presented By Canva Opening Night “Springsteen: Deliver Me From Nowhere” Premiere at TCL Chinese Theatre on October 22, 2025 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Rodin Eckenroth/Getty Images for AFI)
Bruce Springsteen has released a brand-new song, “Streets of Minneapolis,” written in response to what’s been happening in Minnesota, including the fatal shootings of two protesters.
“I wrote this song on Saturday, recorded it yesterday and released it to you today in response to the state terror being visited on the city of Minneapolis,” Springsteen wrote on Instagram. “It’s dedicated to the people of Minneapolis, our innocent immigrant neighbors and in memory of Alex Pretti and Renee Good,” the two Minneapolis residents who were fatally shot by federal agents.
He signed it, “Stay free, Bruce Springsteen.”
“Oh our Minneapolis, I hear your voice singing through the bloody mist/ We’ll take our stand for this land and the stranger in our midst,” Springsteen sings. “Here in our home they killed and roamed in the winter of ’26/ We’ll remember the names of those who died on the streets of Minneapolis.”
Springsteen also sings of “King Trump’s private army from the DHS,” and calls out what he calls the “federal thugs” who killed Pretti and Good.
This isn’t the first time Springsteen has spoken out about what’s been happening in Minnesota. At the Light of Day Winterfest concert in Red Bank, New Jersey, in early January he dedicated the song “The Promised Land” to Good, and reiterated what Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey has said, that “ICE should get the f*** out of Minneapolis.”
Luke Bryan’s Farm Tour 2026 (Courtesy Luke Bryan/Schmidt Relations)
Even before Luke Bryan launches his Word on the Street Tour in the spring, he’s heading back to California for three Farm Tour dates.
“We had such a great response to the shows out West last year that we decided to come back,” he says. “It was so impactful to learn from the farmers about what affects their operations and families, and our hope is to shine a little spotlight on them for all they do for America.”
Luke will kick off his 17th Farm Tour May 14 at Sillect Farms in Shafter, California, before heading to Clovis on May 15 and Elk Grove on May 16.
Presales start Feb. 2, before tickets go on sale to the public Feb. 5.
Look for special guests to be announced in the future, as well as Luke’s traditional Farm Tour dates in the fall.
The son of a peanut farmer, Luke launched his first Farm Tour in 2009 and has since provided 90 college scholarships to students from farming families.
Luke’s Word on the Street Tour kicks off May 29 in Gilford, New Hampshire.