Reba McEntire will pay homage to those we’ve lost this year during Sunday’s Grammy Awards.
“Watch @reba lead a touching in memoriam tribute to musical icons, alongside [Brandy Clark] and [Lukas Nelson],” the Grammys announced Wednesday on its socials.
The 2026 awards air Sunday at 8 p.m. ET on CBS and Paramount+.
You might remember Reba also led a 40th anniversary tribute to The Golden Girls with Little Big Town‘s Karen Fairchild and Kimberly Schlapman at September’s 77th Emmy Awards, performing the iconic theme song, “Thank You for Being a Friend.”
So far, there’s no word on what she’ll sing with Brandy and Lukas on Sunday.
Dolly Parton’s “Light of a Clear Blue Morning” (Butterfly Records)
Dolly Parton now has chart hits spanning 60 years, thanks to her rerecording of “Light of a Clear Blue Morning” with Lainey Wilson, Miley Cyrus, Queen Latifah and Reba McEntire on the occasion of her 80th birthday.
The all-star sing-along scored the highest debut of the week at #41 on Billboard‘s Country Airplay chart, emerging at #1 on Billboard‘s Country Digital Song Sales tally as well.
“This is the best gift I could receive!” Dolly said of the news. “I want to thank the fans, all the radio programmers, and all the streaming partners.”
Dolly’s first chart success came in 1966 with a song she co-wrote and contributed uncredited vocals to: “Put It Off Until Tomorrow” by Bill Phillips. It made it to #6 and was named a BMI Song of the Year.
Rosé attends Spotlight: Rosé at GRAMMY Museum L.A. Live on Dec. 4, 2025 in Los Angeles. (Chelsea Guglielmino/Getty Images for The Recording Academy)
ROSÉ has always been very private about her romantic life, but now she’s revealed what lengths she went to in order to hide at least one relationship from the public.
While appearing on theCall Her Daddy podcast, host Alex Cooper asked ROSÉ how she avoided getting photographed by the paparazzi with a man. The answer, the “APT.” singer revealed, is that she wore disguises. Specifically, she said, she “studied how elderly women would dress on the street,” and then she’d order those same kinds of clothes, plus a short dark wig, and wear it to visit her then-boyfriend.
“I would go to his house, because we can’t go anywhere,” she explained. “I would travel that way just in case somebody [saw me].”
She laughed, “For a while in my house I had a whole section of grandma clothes, because I went wild. I just ordered, like, light-blue flowery long skirts.” She said she did that for “at least six months,” because she was “so committed to keep the secret.”
Also on Call Her Daddy, the BLACKPINK singer, whose birth name is Roseanne Park, talked about her stage name, revealing she only found out that she’d been assigned the name “ROSÉ” by her record company about eight hours before it was announced publicly.
“They actually came up with it and I freaked out,” she recalled. “I was like ‘What?’ I mean, I love it now but at the time I was like ‘What? ROSÉ?’ At first I was like, ‘I sound like a grandma!'”
After she saw it onscreen, she said, “That’s when I was like, ‘OK, it looks nice.'”
BLACKPINK’s new mini-album, Deadline, arrives Feb. 27.
‘Di’Anno: Iron Maiden’s Lost Singer’ film poster. (Cleopatra Entertainment)
A new documentary about late former Iron Maiden singer Paul Di’Anno has been announced.
Di’Anno: Iron Maiden’s Lost Singer is set to be released in the summer by Cleopatra Entertainment. It will feature appearances by Metallica‘s James Hetfield, KISS‘ Gene Simmons and Maiden founder Steve Harris, among others.
“I wanted to make a film that was unlike any rock doc you’ve ever seen,” says director Wes Orshoski.
Di’Anno sang on Maiden’s first two albums, 1980’s self-titled debut and 1981’s Killers. He parted ways with the band in 1981 and was replaced by current Maiden vocalist Bruce Dickinson.
Toward the end of his life, Di’Anno battled a number of health issues. A fan-driven crowdfunding campaign helped Di’Anno move to Croatia in seek of treatment, where, as Orshoski says, “fans and doctors gave him the hope he was desperately searching for.”
Musician Nicki Minaj attends the Treasury Department’s Trump Accounts Summit at Andrew W. Mellon Auditorium on January 28, 2026, in Washington, DC. Trump Accounts are a portion of recently passed tax and spending legislation where the federal government will deposit $1,000 into investment accounts for every child born between 2025 and 2028 once parents sign their children up while filing their income taxes. (Photo by Win McNamee/Getty Images)
Nicki Minaj is doubling down on her support for President Donald Trump.
She attended the Trump Accounts Summit in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday, where Trump called her to the stage, held her hand and talked about her loyalty.
“I’d like to ask you to come up, Nicki, come on up. … She’s been such a great supporter, and a great supporter of Trump Accounts,” Trump said, in part. “She’s so good. She’s been MAGA, what can I say?”
Minaj then made her onstage appearance, declaring herself one of Trump’s biggest supporters.
“I am probably the president’s #1 fan. That’s not going to change. And the hate or what people have to say does not affect me at all,” she said. “It actually motivates me to support him more. … We’re not going to let them get away with bullying him and … the smear campaigns.”
Nicki’s appearance came after she previously spoke with Charlie Kirk’s widow, Erika Kirk, at the Turning Point USA convention.
Meanwhile, rapper Tyler, The Creator has spoken out against Trump supporters and Immigration and Customs Enforcement, whose agent was involved in the death of U.S. citizen Renee Good in Minneapolis. He posted a Paid In Full scene on his Instagram Story in which Mekhi Phifer‘s Mitch is heard saying, “F*** ICE.” Tyler added, “Again. And anyone who voted for that man.”
Brian Molko and Stefan Olsdal of Placebo attend the UK premiere of ‘Placebo: This Search For Meaning’ held at the Vue Leicester Square, London. (Mario Mitsis/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images)
Placebo is composing the music for the Royal Shakespeare Company’s production of the Bertolt Brecht play The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui.
The play will run at England’s Swan Theatre from April 11 to May 30.
Originally written in 1941, The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui is about a fictional 1930s Chicago mobster that also serves as an allegory for and satirizes the rise of Nazi Germany.
“Thematically, this cautionary tale from history feels more urgent & prescient than ever, and its relevance to today’s world is very chilling,” Placebo says in a press release.
“The creative process for this project was very different for us, sometimes akin to shooting arrows in the dark,” the “Pure Morning” outfit continues. “So we tried to connect with the psychology of the outsider, as well as taking inspiration from themes of power, alienation and moral decay – which are at the core of this play. We are elated by the thought that Placebo’s newest music will be performed nightly at the Swan Theatre and we can only hope that we have done this great play justice.”
Placebo’s most recent album is 2022’s Never Let Me Go.
‘Josh Groban: An Intimate Evening at The Union Chapel’ (AMC Theaters/VEEPS Studios/TourDForce/Cinefromage)
It’s the perfect Valentine’s Day date: Going to see a Josh Groban concert at your local movie theater.
From Feb. 13 to Feb. 15, the concert filmJosh Groban: An Intimate Evening at The Union Chapel will be shown on 100 screens in 45 different U.S. markets. There will also be additional screenings in select international cities.
The film documents a performance Josh did last year at London’s Union Chapel, an intimate venue that holds about 900 people. The trailer shows him performing covers of “Both Sides Now,” “Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now)” and “Bridge Over Troubled Water,” as well as his own singles “February Song,” “You Raise Me Up” and “The Constant.”
“Union Chapel is such an incredible venue,” says Josh in a statement. “We wanted to create a show that felt truly personal and immersive, which the venue really lends itself to. Bringing that experience into theaters — especially over Valentine’s Day weekend — makes it something truly special.”
The film might also be a preview of what Josh has planned for his upcoming world tour, which begins Feb. 7 in Hawaii.
Tickets for the concert film are available now at AMC.com.
Luigi Mangione appears for a suppression of evidence hearing in the killing of UnitedHealthcare CEO Brian Thompson in Manhattan Criminal Court on December 18, 2025 in New York City. (Curtis Means-Pool/Getty Images)
(NEW YORK) — Luigi Mangione should stand trial in State Supreme Court in New York starting July 1, at least three months ahead of when the accused killer could stand trial in federal court, the Manhattan district attorney’s office said in a letter Wednesday.
Mangione has pleaded not guilty to state and federal charges stemming from the assassination-style killing of UnitedHealthcare CEO Brian Thompson in Manhattan in December 2024.
Federal judge Margaret Garnett said Mangione would stand trial in October if she eliminates the death penalty as a possible sentence, as the defense has sought. Otherwise, she said at a hearing last week, Mangione would stand trial in January. Either way, she set jury selection for Sept. 8.
The Manhattan district attorney’s office said there are “significant state interests” in putting Mangione on trial sooner.
“This heinous crime happened in midtown Manhattan, one of the busiest commercial areas in this County and spread fear and shock throughout Manhattan. New York State unquestionably has a deep interest in, upholding the fundamental right to life, maintaining public order, and delivering justice for a murder committed in its jurisdiction,” assistant district attorney Joel Seidemann wrote.
“Federal law supports our request that we proceed first and our right to a speedy resolution of this case would be severely compromised should the federal trial proceed first,” he said.
Judge Gregory Carro, the judge for the state case, is weighing a defense request to suppress evidence pulled from Mangione’s backpack, including the alleged murder weapon, a notebook and writings. After a three-week hearing, the judge said he would accept written submissions by March and issue a ruling in May.
The district attorney’s office told Carro the case is otherwise ready for trial.
“It is entirely natural then that the state case would proceed to trial prior to the federal case,” Seidemann’s letter said. “And, the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York has said that it expects the State case to proceed to trial first.”
Mangione has been held in the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn since his return to New York from Pennsylvania, where he was arrested at an Altoona McDonald’s following a five-day manhunt.
Defense attorneys have said police waited too long to read Mangione his rights and unlawfully searched his backpack without a warrant. Prosecutors have argued the Altoona police officers were justified in searching the bag because the search pertained to a lawful arrest.
Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell speaks during a press conference following the Federal Open Markets Committee meeting at the Federal Reserve on December 10, 2025 in Washington, DC. (Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)
(NEW YORK) — The Federal Reserve held interest rates steady on Wednesday, ending a string of three consecutive quarter-point rate cuts as the central bank grapples with a combination of elevated inflation and sluggish hiring.
The move marked the first interest-rate decision since news surfaced earlier this month of a federal criminal investigation into Fed Chair Jerome Powell.
The choice to maintain interest rates at their current level aligned with a cautious approach outlined by Powell last month, before reports of the investigation into his conduct.
“We’re well positioned to wait and see how the economy evolves,” Powell said at a press conference in Washington, D.C., on Dec. 10.
The benchmark rate stands at a level between 3.5% and 3.75%. That figure marks a significant drop from a recent peak attained in 2023, but borrowing costs remain well above a 0% rate established at the outset of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Futures markets expect two quarter-point interest rate cuts this year, forecasting the first in June and a second in the fall, according to CME FedWatch Tool, a measure of market sentiment.
The investigation into Powell ratcheted up an extraordinary clash between the nation’s top central banker and the White House, which has urged the Fed to significantly reduce interest rates.
The federal probe appears to center on Powell’s testimony to Congress last year about cost overruns in a multi-billion-dollar office renovation project. Powell, who was appointed by Trump in 2017, issued a rare video message earlier this month rebuking the investigation as a politically motivated effort to influence the Fed’s interest rate policy.
The investigation follows months of strident criticism leveled at the Fed by Trump. The president denied any involvement in the criminal investigation during a brief interview with NBC News hours after the Fed posted Powell’s video.
Over the past year, hiring has slowed dramatically while inflation has remained elevated, risking an economic double-whammy known as “stagflation.” Those conditions have put the Fed in a difficult position.
The central bank must balance a dual mandate to keep inflation under control and maximize employment. To address pressure on both of its goals, the Fed primarily holds a single tool: interest rates.
The strain on both sides of the Fed’s mandate presents a “challenging situation” for the central bank, Powell noted last month.
“There’s no risk-free path for policy as we navigate this tension between our employment and inflation goals,” Powell said.
If the Fed raises interest rates as a means of protecting against elevated inflation, it risks a deeper slowdown of the labor market. On the other hand, by lowering rates to stimulate hiring, the Fed threatens to boost spending and worsen inflation.
The criminal investigation into Powell raised concern among some analysts and former top Fed officials, who said it poses a threat to central bank independence.
In the event a central bank loses independence, policymakers tend to favor lower interest rates as a means of boosting short-term economic activity, analysts previously told ABC News. Such a posture could pose a major risk of yearslong inflation fueled by a rise in consumer demand, untethered by interest rates.
Federal law allows the president to remove the Fed chair for “cause” — though no precedent exists for such an ouster. Powell’s term as chair is set to expire in May, but he can remain on the Fed’s policymaking board until 2028. Powell has not indicated whether he intends to remain on the board.
Tom Morello at 2023 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony. (Disney/Jennifer Pottheiser)
Rage Against the Machine‘s Tom Morello and Rise Against are performing at a concert in Minneapolis in protest of the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE.
The show takes place Friday at the downtown Minneapolis venue First Ave. Doors open at 10:30 a.m., and the show begins at noon.
All proceeds will benefit the families of Renee Good and Alex Pretti, who were both shot and killed by federal immigration agents in Minneapolis in January.
“If it looks like fascism, sounds like fascism, acts like fascism, dresses like fascism, talks like fascism, kills like fascism and lies like fascism, boys & girls it’s f****** fascism,” Morello says in a statement. “It’s here, it’s now, it’s in my city, it’s in your city and it must be resisted, protested, defended against, stood up to, exposed, ousted, overthrown and driven out. By you and by me.”
The bill also includes Al Di Meola and Ike Reilly, as well as unannounced special guests.