Mariah Carey to launch “Mariah Carey’s Winter Wonderland” experience on Roblox

Mariah Carey to launch “Mariah Carey’s Winter Wonderland” experience on Roblox
Mariah Carey to launch “Mariah Carey’s Winter Wonderland” experience on Roblox
Business Wire/Roblox/Relentlo

Mariah Carey is the latest singer to get a Roblox makeover for her own in-game show.

Mariah will launch the “Mariah Carey’s Winter Wonderland” experience, a four-night extravaganza, beginning December 21. The singer will help gamers get into the holiday spirit by putting on one show per night until Christmas Eve.

“Christmas is my absolute favorite time of the year! This year, I wanted to do something different to ring in the holiday season,” she said in a statement, adding the show is part of her Roc & Roe production company, which is named after her twins, Moroccan and Monroe.

Mariah continued, “My kids and I live for Roblox, and we couldn’t be more excited to be creating this festive metaverse experience for everyone!”

As for the songs on her set list, Mariah will mix her old and new hits — but she’ll save the most festive and biggest one for her grand finale: “All I Want For Christmas Is You.” Shows start Wednesday, December 21, at 7 p.m. ET. Subsequent shows will be held the same time each night until December 24.

Fans will also get to enjoy some in-game festivities, with treasure hunts featuring her twins, special item drops and the ability for people to deck out their virtual home the way Mariah would want them to. Those festivities are now live in-game.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Pink’s husband, Carey Hart, on the mend after neck surgery

Pink’s husband, Carey Hart, on the mend after neck surgery
Pink’s husband, Carey Hart, on the mend after neck surgery
ABC

Pink‘s husband, Carey Hart, informed fans that surgery on his neck went smoothly.

The motocross professional underwent surgery to fuse vertebrae and shared an Instagram video message to fans a day after the procedure to tell them he’s “feeling great.”

“Well, 24 hours after I checked in, I’m ready to cruise outta here,” he began, celebrating being “on my own two feet.” The athlete added he’s going to make himself a cup of coffee when he’s back home.

He pulled down his T-shirt to show his “little battle wound” near his Adam’s apple, saying the doctors “went in to do my fusion in my neck.” He added he’s very happy with the surgery, which was “not bad at all.” 

Hart said he can walk around, shrug his shoulders and “move my head a little bit” as long as he takes it “nice and easy.” He closed by thanking fans for their well wishes and vowed to keep them posted on his recovery.

Hart previously alerted fans to his surgery and explained the doctors “ended up fusing the vertebrae because the joint was a bit hammered.” He also hinted he won’t be able to ride his motorcycles for a few months as part of the recovery process.

He also revealed in the comments that this is his 20th surgery to date and that he has “many more to go.”

Hart and Pink wed in 2006 and share two children: an 11-year-old daughter, Willow, and a 5-year-old son, Jameson.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Patti LaBelle, Gladys Knight headlined AHF’s World AIDS Day Concert in DC

Patti LaBelle, Gladys Knight headlined AHF’s World AIDS Day Concert in DC
Patti LaBelle, Gladys Knight headlined AHF’s World AIDS Day Concert in DC
Joy Asico/AP Images for AIDS Healthcare Foundation

Gladys Knight and Patti LaBelle recently came together for a great cause. The two living legends headlined the AIDS Healthcare Foundation’s annual World AIDS Day Concert, held Wednesday at the The Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C.

At the event, which posthumously honored the late Princess Diana, a longtime humanitarian and AIDS advocate, Gladys took the stage to perform a medley of hits, including “I’ve Got to Use My Imagination,” “I Heard It Through the Grapevine” and “Midnight Train to Georgia.”

Patti, who headlined the concert when it was held in LA back in 2016, also sang a medley of hits, including “Love, Need and Want You,” “On My Own” and “Lady Marmalade,” during her set.

Previous headliners include Mariah CareyDJ Khaled and Ne-Yo, who performed in 2017; Diana Ross,Teyana Taylor and Keke Wyatt, who hit the stage in 2019; and Jennifer Hudson and Christina Aguilera, who headlined the LA concert in 2021, produced by Debbie Allen.

 

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Harry Chapin’s 80th marked with worldwide screening of doc featuring Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel and more

Harry Chapin’s 80th marked with worldwide screening of doc featuring Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel and more
Harry Chapin’s 80th marked with worldwide screening of doc featuring Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel and more
The Harry Chapin Foundation

December 7 will mark what would have been the late Harry Chapin‘s 80th birthday, and that milestone is being celebrated with a worldwide screening of a star-studded documentary about the singer, songwriter and activist.

The 2020 documentary, called Harry Chapin: When In Doubt, Do Somethingwill be shown in movie theaters around the world on December 7 at 8 p.m. local time, with all ticket proceeds going to The Harry Chapin Foundation, Long Island Cares and WhyHunger, the nonprofit organization that Chapin co-founded.

The documentary features interviews with Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Graham Nash, Pat Benatar, Chicago‘s Robert Lamm, Sir Bob Geldof, Darryl “DMC” McDaniels of Run-DMC and the late artists Pete Seeger, Richie Havens and Harry Belafonte. It focuses on Chapin’s impact on the world, not only through his hits like “Taxi” and “Cat’s In the Cradle,” but also through his tireless work in ending world hunger.

In addition to the documentary, the screening will include 15 minutes of never-before-seen live footage from a recent Chapin Family concert. Some of those same family members will also participate in a live chat that will take place as part of the screening.

Chapin’s son Jason helped produce the documentary and says in a statement, “My family is incredibly excited and grateful for the special event … to celebrate my father’s 80th birthday, 50th anniversary of his first hit ‘Taxi’ and his lasting legacy as a musician and humanitarian. We’re also thrilled that proceeds will benefit three charities that carry on his mission to help end hunger.”

For tickets, visit Kinema.com or ChapinEvent.com.

Chapin was killed in July 1981 in an auto accident en route to a benefit concert on Long Island, New York. He was 38.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Report: Celine Dion preparing to reschedule her Las Vegas residency

Report: Celine Dion preparing to reschedule her Las Vegas residency
Report: Celine Dion preparing to reschedule her Las Vegas residency
Denise Truscello/Resorts World Las Vegas/Concerts West/AEG Presents

Is Celine Dion returning to Las Vegas? A new report claims the Canadian hitmaker is eyeballing a May start date for the residency she was forced to postpone in 2021.

Las Vegas Review-Journal reports the Theatre at Resorts World is preparing to welcome Celine onto its stage this spring, claiming they are holding their calendar that month.

Nothing has been set in stone at this moment. Celine has yet to confirm or deny the reports.

Celine called off her previous Resorts World residency in November 2021 due to “severe and persistent muscle spasms.” She later announced in a video statement that she had to postpone her 2022 European tour until 2023.

The rescheduled dates will run between February and April of next year. Celine will then take a brief respite before resuming the trek in August and performing through October. Fans believed she intended to hold her rescheduled Vegas residency between May and July.

It should be noted Celine will make her acting debut in May, co-starring in Love Again alongside Priyanka Chopra and Sam Hueghan

At this moment, there’s been no official statement regarding the potential residency.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Drake pushes back Apollo Theater concert again, this time due to production issues

Drake pushes back Apollo Theater concert again, this time due to production issues
Drake pushes back Apollo Theater concert again, this time due to production issues
Prince Williams/Wireimage

Drake‘s upcoming shows at New York City’s Apollo Theater have been postponed for a second time. According to a statement obtained by Complex, the recent delay has everything to do with production issues.

“These upcoming shows for SiriusXM are so incredibly special for us. If you are going to play the world famous Apollo Theater, it has to be a world class production,” reads the statement from Drake, SiriusXM and Sound 42. “We as a team have been working around the clock not just putting together a concert but an experience our fans deserve. With that said, we are up against some production delays that are just out of our control.”

Drake’s show was originally planned for November, but changes were made as it coincided with the funeral of friend and one-third of MigosTakeoff; the concert was moved to December and a second date was added.

“After many difficult meetings and conversations” regarding the recent production delays, Drake and his team have decided to reschedule for January 21-22.

“The Apollo has been so incredibly gracious throughout this process and we look forward to bringing a legendary show to this legendary stage,” they said.

 

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

David Byrne raising funds for his nonprofit magazine with holiday song “The Fat Man’s Comin'”

David Byrne raising funds for his nonprofit magazine with holiday song “The Fat Man’s Comin'”
David Byrne raising funds for his nonprofit magazine with holiday song “The Fat Man’s Comin'”
Courtesy David Byrne

Former Talking Heads mastermind David Byrne has a new Christmas song out, and if you purchase it, you’ll be giving him a nice holiday gift.

Byrne is releasing the track “The Fat Man’s Comin'” exclusively through Bandcamp. The song, which is about Santa Claus, dates back to 2013, but was never released. It also comes with a video comprised of the hand-drawn storyboards Byrne created for a more elaborate video that was never produced. The song is available as a pay-what-you-can download, with a minimum contribution of one dollar.

All proceeds from the song will go to Reasons To Be Cheerful, the nonprofit online magazine founded by Byrne in 2019. The magazine focuses on positive stories detailing “proven, evidence-based responses to the world’s most pressing problems.” For example, one recent story is about a supermarket in the United Kingdom that’s offering interest-free microloans to help shoppers buy groceries.

In a statement announcing the song, Byrne says that “The Fat Man’s Comin'” dates back to when he was collaborating with rocker St. Vincent aka Annie Clarke a few years ago. “It wasn’t right for Annie and me – the story of a fat man in rather odd attire who breaks into people’s homes and leaves mysterious packages,” he notes, adding that he wanted it to sound “sort of old-school creepy.”

Byrne concludes that supporting another year of Reasons To Be Cheerful is “a good reason to resurrect this song,” adding, “Enjoy and thanks for listening/watching.”

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Kelsea Ballerini updates fans on mental health, music + more in a social media Q&A

Kelsea Ballerini updates fans on mental health, music + more in a social media Q&A
Kelsea Ballerini updates fans on mental health, music + more in a social media Q&A
ABC

Kelsea Ballerini checked in with fans this week, answering questions about her dog Dibs, her upcoming tour with Kenny Chesney and more in an Instagram Stories Q&A.

It’s been a year of highs and lows for Kelsea, who released her Subject to Change album and filed for divorce from fellow country artist Morgan Evans in 2022, so one fan simply asked how she’s been doing.

“Thanks for askin,” Kelsea wrote back over a clip of herself enjoying a hot beverage on a balcony.

“I’m feeling very, very human,” she continued. “There’s been really hard days, there’s been days of uninhibited joy. I’m just welcoming it all. I’m proud of the music I’m making. I’m proud of the true connection to myself and lil close circle, and I’m proud of the openness I feel to life and whatever it has in store.”

In another slide, the singer said that she doesn’t see a deluxe version of Subject to Change coming out in the future, but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t have new music up her sleeve.

“I’m so proud of STC just as it is, but I am working on something,” she teased, sharing a screenshot of a Notes file that shows an audio recording labeled “penthouse RUFF.”

Kelsea recently wrapped her Heartfirst Tour, but it seems she might not be done with the trek yet. When asked if there could be a part two of the tour, the singer simply responded, “Yes.”

Additionally, when a fan asked if Kelsea had any plans to tour in Europe, she replied, “I will say it has been way too long…”

Kelsea also shared a snapshot of herself and her soon-to-be tour boss. Kenny Chesney’s 2023 tour dates featuring Kelsea as an opener are on sale now.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Kim Petras hopes success of “Unholy” paves the way for more trans artists

Kim Petras hopes success of “Unholy” paves the way for more trans artists
Kim Petras hopes success of “Unholy” paves the way for more trans artists
ABC

Kim Petras is still reeling after her and Sam Smith‘s “Unholy” topped the Billboard charts and earned a Grammy nod.

“There was a lot of crying,” Petras told Variety of how they reacted to the good news. The singer, who is a trans woman, explained why the song’s success was vindicating to her.

Prior to partnering with Sam, Petras recalled, “Executives would say, ‘You make gay club music, you’re niche and we don’t know how to market you.'” After collaborating with the British superstar, Petras admitted she didn’t expect how the public’s reaction would change her life.

“I’ve been doing this for years, and I’ve never had that kind of mass appeal,” she said. “Sam really believed in the song from the start and fought for it.”

“Unholy” immediately resonated with listeners, and Petras is still digesting the warm reception. “It was my first Hot 100 entry and it went to No. 1, which is crazy. It really made me proud of all the work that it took to get to that point and all the years performing at clubs and hustling,” she expressed.

There was another positive development to come from the song’s success, which she said is, “It proved to a lot of people that if you make good music, it doesn’t matter what your gender identity is.”

“I hope that I’m opening the doors for new artists,” she continued, adding transgender artist Sophie inspired her. Sophie, an experimental pop artist, passed away in 2021 from an accidental fall.

“I feel like I’m carrying the torch for everyone that came before me,” Petreas said of where she sees herself now in the music industry. She added that “it feels really beautiful and amazing that I get to do that.”

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

New Music Friday: Metro Boomin, A$AP Rocky, Latto, Coi Leray and more

New Music Friday: Metro Boomin, A$AP Rocky, Latto, Coi Leray and more
New Music Friday: Metro Boomin, A$AP Rocky, Latto, Coi Leray and more

(Note Language) It’s Friday, so you know the drill. Here’s the latest iteration of New Music Friday.

Metro BoominHeroes & Villains — Released under Boominati Worldwide/Republic Records, the album boasts features from John LegendTravis Scott21 SavageYoung ThugA$AP RockyGunna, the late Takeoff and more. The video for his “Superhero (Heroes & Villains)” collab with Futureand Chris Brown is out now.

A$AP Rocky, “Sh***in’ Me” — The Krash-produced track marks a collaboration between the rapper, EA and Criterion Games, as it’s featured on the video game Need for Speed™ UnboundThe accompanying music video drops Monday.

Latto ft. Glorilla & Gangsta Boo, “FTCU(F*** The Club Up)” — Billboard‘s top new artist of 2022 has tapped two fellow female rappers to join her for a night out in the club. The video captures the antics that ensue after GloRilla convinces Latto to get out of the house.

Coi Leray, “Players” — After teasing the song on social media, Coi’s “Players” is officially out for fans to hear. In the track, which features a sample of Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five’s 1982 hit “The Message,” she lets it be known that “girls is players, too.”

Snakehips, BIA & Lucky Daye, “Solitude” — Snakehips teamed up with Lucky Daye and BIA for the single that’s featured on the electronic music duo’s upcoming debut album, never worry. “I hope anyone who listens to the song can find someone that can break their solitude,” BIA says.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.