New Gregg Allman documentary shows the rock star ‘without any secrets,’ according to director

New Gregg Allman documentary shows the rock star ‘without any secrets,’ according to director
New Gregg Allman documentary shows the rock star ‘without any secrets,’ according to director
‘Gregg Allman: The Music of My Soul’ (Subtext/Rolling Stone Films)

The new documentary Gregg Allman: The Music of My Soul opens in theaters Wednesday, giving fans insight into the legendary Allman Brothers Band frontman.

For the film’s producer Michael Lehman, a good friend of the rocker’s, getting Gregg’s life on the big screen was important in order to show fans who he really was.

“The story about Gregg Allman is incredible,” Lehman tells ABC Audio, noting while fans saw Gregg as a rock star, “that’s really not who Gregg was.”

“Gregg was a quiet, shy, Southern gentleman [who] was the furthest thing in his mind from a rock star,” he says. “And I wanted the world to have the opportunity to learn about the man.”

The film’s centered around a previously unseen 2014 interview with Gregg. Lehman says it was shot after he knew he was sick with cancer and was “entering what would be the final stages of his life.”

The film’s director, James Keach, says as a filmmaker, the interview was “pure gold.”

“You get to see Gregg Allman without any secrets,” he says. “He’s at a time in his life [when] he doesn’t have to hide anything. So as an audience, he doesn’t hide anything from us.”

The film delves into the early days of the Allman Brothers, as well as the death of Gregg’s brother and bandmate Duane Allman in 1971, and how that affected the rocker’s life. It also explores Gregg’s many marriages, his addiction problems and what Keach calls the “beautiful redemption” of Gregg cleaning up his life.

It also features interviews with artists like Warren Haynes, Jackson Browne and Jaimoe, the last surviving founding member of the Allman Brothers. Keach calls it “a great tribute” to Gregg.

“I never got the feeling that anybody was ever jealous,” he says. “They were very grateful that they got to play with him.” 

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Live album of Bob Marley & The Wailers’ 1976 London residency to be released in August

Live album of Bob Marley & The Wailers’ 1976 London residency to be released in August
Live album of Bob Marley & The Wailers’ 1976 London residency to be released in August
Bob Marley & The Wailers’ ‘Roots, Rock, Reggae: Live at the Hammersmith Odeon’ (Tuff Gong/Island/UMe)

A new live album highlighting Bob Marley & The Wailers’ 1976 London residency is getting its first-ever official release.

Roots, Rock, Reggae: Live at the Hammersmith Odeon features 18 tracks recorded during Marley’s June 1976 sold-out residency at London’s Hammersmith Odeon. According to a press release, the tracks included on the album represent the “best performance of each song” across the residency’s four shows.

And fans are getting their first taste of the album with the release of the track “Roots, Rock, Reggae (Live at the Hammersmith Odeon),” which is now available via digital outlets.

Performances from the concert were previously only available as part of an incomplete bootleg. The album features live takes of such Marley classics as “Get Up, Stand Up,” “I Shot the Sheriff” and “No Woman No Cry,” along with the rarity “Bend Down Low” and more.

Roots, Rock, Reggae: Live at the Hammersmith Odeon will be released Aug. 14 digitally, as two-LP vinyl and two-CD sets, and as a limited-edition two-LP color vinyl. All formats are available for preorder now.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Stevie Nicks is angry at Keith Urban over yacht rock song

Stevie Nicks is angry at Keith Urban over yacht rock song
Stevie Nicks is angry at Keith Urban over yacht rock song
Keith Urban and Stevie Nicks perform during Jack Daniels Music City Midnight: New Years in Nashville on December 31, 2019 in Nashville, Tennessee. (Jason Davis/Getty Images)

Back in 1978, Stevie Nicks sang backup on a top-10 hit by Walter Egan called “Magnet and Steel,” which she also inspired. Now she’s miffed that an artist who just covered the song didn’t invite her to sing on it.

Country superstar Keith Urban has released a yacht rock album called Flow State, featuring covers of classic songs like Stephen Bishop’s “On and On,” Ambrosia’s “How Much I Feel,” Seals & Crofts’ “Summer Breeze” and Robbie Dupree’s “Steal Away.” He also covered “Magnet and Steel” and invited country group Little Big Town to sing on it with him. And that, he says, caused a problem.

Speaking to Billboard, Keith says, “The full weird story about all of that … is [Stevie Nicks’ guitarist] Waddy Wachtel is a good friend of mine. … I sent Waddy the record, he played it for Stevie, and he sent me a text: ‘Stevie’s very angry that she wasn’t asked to sing on the song with you.'”

He laughs, “I’m like, ‘Oh my god, that’s fantastic!’”

While Stevie doesn’t sing on the album, the king of yacht rock, Michael McDonald, does. He guest stars on a song called “We Go Back.”

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Bonnie Tyler out of coma ‘but remains very unwell,’ according to statement

Bonnie Tyler out of coma ‘but remains very unwell,’ according to statement
Bonnie Tyler out of coma ‘but remains very unwell,’ according to statement
British singer Bonnie Tyler performs at Theater am Potsdamer Platz on May 3, 2025 in Berlin, Germany. (Photo by Jakubaszek/Redferns)

Singer Bonnie Tyler is still recovering after undergoing surgery in May.

Tyler’s rep confirmed in May that doctors had put the “Total Eclipse of the Heart” singer in a medically induced coma to aid in her recovery from intestinal surgery. A post on the 75-year-old Tyler’s website on Monday reveals that she is “no longer in a coma but remains very unwell and in intensive care in hospital in Portugal.”

“Although her condition is improving it is a slow process,” the statement reads. “Her doctors remain confident that she will make a good recovery but it is going to take time.”

Tyler did have some shows scheduled for 2026, and the post apologizes to fans “for the disappointment that this will cause.”

“We would like to thank everyone for the huge outpouring of love and support from all over the world that we have received for Bonnie and want to tell you that she is aware of, and very grateful for, your good wishes,” the post continues. “Bonnie’s family continue to ask for privacy and promise that we will issue further updates as soon as there are significant developments to share.”

Tyler, known for her husky voice, rose to fame in the late ’70s and early ’80s. Her career launched to superstardom in 1983 thanks to her hit “Total Eclipse of the Heart,” which spent four weeks at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Culture Club releases AI-assisted take on ‘Karma Chameleon’

Culture Club releases AI-assisted take on ‘Karma Chameleon’
Culture Club releases AI-assisted take on ‘Karma Chameleon’

Culture Club’s Boy George turned 65 on Sunday, and to mark the occasion he recorded and released a new AI-assisted version of his group’s hit “Karma Chameleon.”

“Created in partnership with @artistincluded, this release showcases how ethical AI can help honor iconic music, celebrate the artists who created it, and introduce songs to new generations of listeners,” reads a post on Culture Club’s Instagram.

Artist Included is described in a press release as a new “artist-first” music and technology company, which aims “to help iconic artists reclaim creative participation, ownership, and long-term value in their music.”

Boy George recorded new vocals for the new take on the 1983 track, with AI used to make those vocals sound closer to the original release.

“Revisiting ‘Karma Chameleon’ in this way was emotional and creatively inspiring,” says Boy George. “The goal was never to replace the original — it was to celebrate it and let the song keep evolving for new audiences.”

Originally released in September 1983, “Karma Chameleon” was the first single off Culture Club’s sophomore album, Colour By Numbers. It spent three weeks at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 and also topped the U.K. singles chart, where it spent six weeks on top.

In other Boy George news … Bidding is now open for the new Julien’s Auction Bold Luxury: Boy George Edit, which features a curated selection of the singer’s fashion, music memorabilia and art. A live auction will take place July 14 at the Peninsula Hotel in Beverly Hills. 

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

On This Day, June 15, 1986: The Police, U2, & more headline final show of Conspiracy of Hope tour

On This Day, June 15, 1986: The Police, U2, & more headline final show of Conspiracy of Hope tour
On This Day, June 15, 1986: The Police, U2, & more headline final show of Conspiracy of Hope tour

On This Day, June 15, 1986…

The Police, U2 and Peter Gabriel were among the artists who performed at the final stop of the Conspiracy of Hope tour, a six-show tour organized on behalf of Amnesty International to raise awareness of human rights issues and celebrate the organization’s 25th anniversary.

The all-day show took place at New Jersey’s Giants Stadium, with The Police closing the concert. The concert was also the last of three Conspiracy of Hope dates played by the band, marking Sting, Stewart Copeland and Andy Summers’ first shows together since the group broke up following the Synchronicity tour in 1984.

Other artists on the New Jersey bill included Bryan Adams, Little Steven & The Disciples of Soul, Jackson Browne, Yoko Ono, Howard Jones, Joan Baez and Lou Reed.

 

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Rod Stewart angers fans with World Cup trip hours after canceling San Diego concert

Rod Stewart angers fans with World Cup trip hours after canceling San Diego concert
Rod Stewart angers fans with World Cup trip hours after canceling San Diego concert
Rod Stewart performs during the Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance, honouring military service members, at the Royal Albert Hall on Nov. 8, 2025 in London, England. (Jack Taylor – WPA Pool / Getty Images)

Rod Stewart canceled his show in San Diego, California, on June 12 due to illness — which is why fans weren’t happy to see him flying to the World Cup in Boston less than 24 hours later.

According to SanDiegoVille.com, the show was scrapped the day of the event. A statement by Rod’s team and Live Nation said he was suffering from an acute upper respiratory infection that has resulted in laryngitis. While his reps said that he had traveled to the venue in hopes of performing, Rod himself posted an update on his Instagram Story less than an hour before the show was going to start.

“Following treatment, I’m feeling much better, but my voice is not,” he wrote. “I’m very disappointed and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience to my fans. I did everything I could to make the show happen tonight, but unfortunately it just wasn’t possible.”

Hours later, Rod posted a video of himself flying to Boston with his sons Liam and Alastair Stewart to catch Scotland play in the World Cup. As he explained that he had attended six World Cups while his sons had never been to one, he sounded somewhat congested but was still able to talk.

One fan commented, “Hard to believe you really had laryngitis! You sound like you have a voice to me! i used to really like you, but when I say I lost a little respect, I mean a LOT of respect!”

Another wrote, “This feels rather disingenuous, especially after your cancellation last night. Too ill to perform but okay to fly across the country for soccer?”

A third fan added that the situation seemed “tone deaf,” and his video “comes across as incredibly dismissive of the fans who support your career.” After one angry fan expressed their disappointment, they added, “You suck.”

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Rush plays ‘A Farewell to Kings’ for first time in almost 50 years at final LA show

Rush plays ‘A Farewell to Kings’ for first time in almost 50 years at final LA show
Rush plays ‘A Farewell to Kings’ for first time in almost 50 years at final LA show
(L-R) Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee of Rush perform during the opening night of their first American tour in 11 years at The Kia Forum on June 07, 2026 in Inglewood, California. (Photo by Michael Tullberg/Getty Images)

Rush wrapped their four-night stand at the KIA Forum in Los Angeles Saturday by treating their fans to a song they haven’t played live in almost 50 years.

According to setlist.fm, towards the end of the second set, Rush surprised the crowd with a performance of “A Farewell to Kings,” the title track off their 1977 album, a song Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson haven’t played live since 1979.

As for the rest of the show, Rush once again performed all seven parts of “2112.” They also played the Presto track “The Pass” for the first time since 2013, and Clockwork Angels’ “The Anarchist” for the first time since 2015.

“Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making this week so effin’ amazing! For embracing Anika and Loren so profoundly,” Rush wrote on Instagram, referencing drummer Anika Nilles and keyboardist Loren Gold.

They then thanked Aimee Mann for joining them all four nights for the song “Time Stand Still,” which was a tribute to their late drummer Neil Peart.

“To you, our fans, your steadfast support is what has made this a reality,” they concluded the post. “We are forever grateful.”

Rush’s Fifty Something tour is their first tour since 2015’s R40 Live, and their first since the death of Peart in 2020. The tour now heads to Mexico City for two nights, June 18 and 20. A complete list of dates can be found at Rush.com.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Bob Seger debuts ‘American Storm’ official video for 40th anniversary, shares summer playlist

Bob Seger debuts ‘American Storm’ official video for 40th anniversary, shares summer playlist
Bob Seger debuts ‘American Storm’ official video for 40th anniversary, shares summer playlist
Musician Bob Seger speaks onstage during the 2015 Billboard Touring Awards at The Roosevelt Hotel on November 19, 2015 in New York City. (Photo by Mike Coppola/Getty Images)

Bob Seger is celebrating the 40th anniversary of the track “American Storm” with the streaming debut of the official music video for the song.

The clip, now available on YouTube, is an ’80s-era performance clip, with Seger backed by his Silver Bullet Band.

“American Storm” was the first single off Seger’s 13th studio album, Like a Rock, which was released in March 1986. It went to #3 on the Billboard 200peaked at #13 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart and landed at #2 on the Mainstream Rock Tracks chart.

Seger is also helping fans embrace the season with the release of Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band’s Sweet Summertime playlist.

Now available via digital outlets, the playlist includes such classic Seger tunes as “Hollywood Nights,” “Night Moves,” “Still the Same,” “Old Time Rock & Roll,” “Against the Wind” and “Rock & Roll Never Forgets.”

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Foreigner releases cover of Simon & Garfunkel’s ‘Bridge Over Troubled Water’

Foreigner releases cover of Simon & Garfunkel’s ‘Bridge Over Troubled Water’
Foreigner releases cover of Simon & Garfunkel’s ‘Bridge Over Troubled Water’
Foreigner at DUMBO House in Brooklyn, New York. (Photo credit: Krishta Abruzzini)

Foreigner has shared their take on Simon & Garfunkel’s classic tune “Bridge Over Troubled Water.”

The track is the latest song the band has released from their upcoming live album, In the Eye of the Storm, due out July 24.

In the Eye of the Storm is the soundtrack to Foreigner’s 50th anniversary concert film, which was shot in New York on Ellis Island and at Brooklyn’s DUMBO House. The film is expected to hit theaters sometime this fall.

“Bridge Over Troubled Water” is out now via digital outlets, with an accompanying video of their Brooklyn performance available on YouTube.

Foreigner is currently on a European tour and will play Northeim, Germany, on Friday. They kick off their Double Trouble Double Vision 2026 tour with Lynyrd Skynyrd on July 23 in Alpharetta, Georgia. A complete list of dates can be found at Foreigneronline.com.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.