Jimmie Allen adds new dates to Down Home Tour, announces second annual Bettie James Fest

Jimmie Allen adds new dates to Down Home Tour, announces second annual Bettie James Fest
Jimmie Allen adds new dates to Down Home Tour, announces second annual Bettie James Fest
ABC/Paula Lobo

Days before the official launch of his Down Home headlining tour, Jimmie Allen is expanding the trek. 

The outing, which is Jimmie’s debut headlining tour, is scheduled to kick off on February 3 at the Troubadour in West Hollywood, California, and he has added four new dates to trek, including a stop at the famed Billy Bob’s Texas in Fort Worth on May 21. 

The singer’s other new dates will take place at the Orpheum Theatre in Wichita, Kansas, on April 22; The District in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, on April 23; and the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, New Jersey, on May 14.

American Idol season 19 contestant Chayce Beckham and Madeline Merlo have been added as opening acts, alongside previously announced opener Neon Union, made up of the duo of Leo Brooks and Andrew Millsaps, who are the inaugural act signed to Jimmie’s management and production company, JAB Entertainment.     

Additionally, Jimmie has announced that he will headline his second annual Bettie James Fest on August 13 in his hometown of Milton, Delaware. Named after his late grandmother Bettie and father James, the country singer hosted the inaugural event in August 2021.

In 2020, Jimmie released the seven-track Bettie James EP, featuring his hit collaboration with Brad Paisley, “Freedom Was a Highway,” followed by the Bettie James Gold Edition full-length album released last year.

“I’m looking forward to the start of my first headlining tour ‘Down Home’ Tour. We are gonna be play a lot of songs from Bettie James Gold Edition album,” Jimmie reveals on Twitter

Tickets for the newly added dates go on sale to the public this Friday, January 24, at 10 a.m. local time.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Eddie Vedder says next Pearl Jam album may be produced by Andrew Watt

Eddie Vedder says next Pearl Jam album may be produced by Andrew Watt
Eddie Vedder says next Pearl Jam album may be produced by Andrew Watt
Scott Dudelson/Getty Images

Eddie Vedder‘s new solo album Earthling was produced by Andrew Watt, and now the Pearl Jam frontman says Watt may also be behind the board for his band’s next studio album, the follow-up to 2020’s Gigaton.

Vedder is featured in the new issue of U.K. magazine MOJO and, according to Bang! Showbiz, in the interview, he says, “We’ll make a record with Andrew, I believe. We’ve already talked about it.”

Vedder also noted that Pearl Jam will “be recording, because now we’ve got a healthy ambition to do so,” adding, “I think we’ll move quick for a year or two, then I can see us slowing down for a little bit.”

Reflecting on Pearl Jam’s future plans, Eddie noted, “We have the ability to play better than ever, but also know what we want to maintain the health of the group and want to keep coming back.”

Watt also produced “E-Ticket,” Vedder’s collaboration with Elton John on Elton’s 2021 album The Lockdown Sessions, and Ozzy Osbourne‘s album Ordinary Man. When Vedder launches a U.S. solo tour in February, Watt also will be part of his backing band, The Earthlings, along with Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith, ex-RHCP guitarist and Pearl Jam touring member Josh Klinghoffer, Jane’s Addiction bassist Chris Chaney, and singer-songwriter Glen Hansard

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Princess Love declares she will be officially single in August; Ray J calls for “freakiest pics” from girls

Princess Love declares she will be officially single in August; Ray J calls for “freakiest pics” from girls
Princess Love declares she will be officially single in August; Ray J calls for “freakiest pics” from girls
Paul Archuleta/Getty Images

The on and off again marriage between Princess Love and Ray J appears to be ending for good.

“Officially single August 2022…Legally,” Princess wrote on her Instagram Story over the weekend, The Jasmine Brand reports.

Her estranged husband, Ray J, filed for the couple’s third divorce in October 2021. They married in August 2016, and Love first filed for divorce in May 2020, however the couple reconciled that July and she asked the court to dismiss her request. Four months later, Ray J was the one to file for divorce, only to call things off again in March 2021. The couple has two children: daughter Melody, 3, and son Epik, 1.

Brandy‘s brother showed he’s moving on by his Instagram Live post requesting his female fans to send him the “freakiest” pictures. 

“I’ma keep looking. I need all the freakiest pics coming to my page,” the singer/actor/reality star told his followers. “I’m doing a freaky Friday, Saturday, Sunday pic. I’m flying somebody out to hang out and talk. It’s a very platonic situation but the pictures gotta be the opposite of platonic to get to the platonic.”

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Bob Dylan sells entire recorded-music catalog to Sony Music Entertainment; announces US spring tour

Bob Dylan sells entire recorded-music catalog to Sony Music Entertainment; announces US spring tour
Bob Dylan sells entire recorded-music catalog to Sony Music Entertainment; announces US spring tour
Kevin Mazur/WireImage

Sony Music Entertainment announced today that it’s acquired Bob Dylan‘s entire recorded-music catalog, as well as the rights to various future releases.

The 80-year-old folk-rock legend’s longtime label notes that the agreement, which was reached in July 2021, is a major expansion of its 60-year relationship with the influential singer/songwriter.

The deal spans Dylan’s entire career, from his 1962 self-titled debut album through 2020’s Rough and Rowdy Ways.

Via the agreement, Dylan and Sony Music Entertainment, which is Columbia Records’ parent company, will continue to work together on archival releases for Bob’s Bootleg Series, as well as other projects.

“Columbia Records and [Sony Music Group chairman] Rob Stringer have been nothing but good to me for many, many years and a whole lot of records,” says Dylan. “I’m glad that all my recordings can stay where they belong.”

Adds Stringer, “The essential impact [Dylan] and his recordings continue to have on popular culture is second to none and we’re thrilled he will now be a permanent member of the Sony Music family. We are excited to work with Bob and his team to find new ways to make his music available to his many fans today and to future generations.”

Sources tell Variety that the deal is worth between $150 million and $200 million, although that figure is unconfirmed.

In late 2020, Dylan sold the publishing rights to his songs to Universal Music Group for an amount estimated to be nearly $400 million, according to Variety.

In other news, Dylan has scheduled a spring U.S. tour that runs from a March 3 concert in Phoenix through an April 14 show in Oklahoma City. Tickets for most dates go on sale this Friday, January 28. Visit BobDylan.com for more details.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

First ‘Pulp Fiction’ NFT sells for $1.1 million

First ‘Pulp Fiction’ NFT sells for .1 million
First ‘Pulp Fiction’ NFT sells for .1 million
ABC News/Stephen Iervolino

The first of seven NFTs from Quentin Tarantino‘s Pulp Fiction has sold at auction for $1.1 million.

As previously reported, the filmmaker curated a set of seven non-fungible tokens related to his Oscar-winning crime classic, with each promising exclusive access to seven scenes, including audio commentary and handwritten notes that promise “a unique look into the mind and creative process of Quentin Tarantino.”

After a bidding war — including “multiple bids in the six to seven figure range,” the first chapter, “Royale with Cheese,” was just purchased for $1.1 million, by an NFT collective called AnonDAO. The collective is dedicated to “the advancement of infrastructure protecting people’s right to privacy.”

The remaining six NFTs are set to auction daily through January 31. According to SCRT Labs, which is orchestrating the auction, “Only the purchaser has the power to see, sell and show the art to other people.”

“This groundbreaking NFT sale represents a monumental moment for our community, Quentin, and the Secret Network,” said Guy Zyskind, Founder and CEO of SCRT Labs in a statement.

The remaining chapters will be auctioned on the following dates:

Chapter #2, “Pumpkin and Honey Bunny”: January 24, 2022

Chapter #3, “Foot Massage”: January 25, 2022

Chapter #4, “Check Out the Big Brain on Brett”: January 26, 2022

Chapter #5, “Captain Koons Monologue – The Gold Watch”: January 27, 2022

Chapter #6, “Bring Out the Gimp”: January 28, 2022

Chapter #7, “Last Scene: Coffee Shop – Ezekiel 25:17”: January 31, 2022

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Amy Schneider “never expected” to be the winningest woman in ‘Jeopardy!’ history

Amy Schneider “never expected” to be the winningest woman in ‘Jeopardy!’ history
Amy Schneider “never expected” to be the winningest woman in ‘Jeopardy!’ history
Jeopardy! Productions

Jeopardy! phenomenon Amy Schneider opened up to Good Morning America Monday about her experience on the quiz show.

Schneider, who is currently tied with Matt Amodio with the second-longest winning streak in Jeopardy! history, told George Stephanopoulos, “I never expected to do this well.”

She added the “main secret” of her success is “just being curious and spending my life learning a lot of stuff.” That said, Schneider was once voted by classmates as, “most likely to be on Jeopardy!” 

“I mean, I was good in school. I got good grades, I won the spelling bee. So yeah, I definitely — I did expect to be on Jeopardy! and to do all right, just never expected to do it quite this well,” she confessed. 

Schneider admitted she had an interesting way of getting ready for the game show’s “buzzer,” which contestants use to offer their answers to the hosts. “I practiced at home with a ball-point pen,” she said.

However, Schneider said, “that first game, it wasn’t quite working as well as it needed to.” She added, “For whatever reason I decided to throw that out and stop thinking about it and purely try to go on instinct…”

One other thing Schneider wasn’t prepared for? Fame, she told Stephanopoulos. “There’s a bit of a gap between the taping and the airing, so I did have some time to like get used to the idea,” she laughed. “I didn’t really know what it would be or how famous is Jeopardy! famous. So it’s been a lot, but it’s mostly been just really fun.”

Schneider added, “I think that the best part for me has been being on TV, you know, as my true self, expressing myself and representing the entire community of trans people and … just being, you know, a smart, confident woman and doing something super normal like being on Jeopardy!”

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

“Didn’t want it to end”: Luke Bryan reflects on 2022 Crash My Playa

“Didn’t want it to end”: Luke Bryan reflects on 2022 Crash My Playa
“Didn’t want it to end”: Luke Bryan reflects on 2022 Crash My Playa
ABC

Luke Bryan and friends had an epic weekend in Mexico at 2022 Crash My Playa. 

Luke’s annual event brought the singer and pals Jason Aldean, Dustin Lynch, Jordan Davis, Darius Rucker and others to Cancun for the four-day festival at the Moon Palace. A series of photos from the extravaganza show Luke performing with Jordan and Dustin, embracing his wife Caroline onstage and donning a festive lei while posing in front of a crowd of thousands of fans. 

“@crashmyplaya 2022 was one for the books. Didn’t want it to end,” Luke captions the gallery of photos from the weekend. “Good times!” Darius agreed in the comment section. 

Fellow headliner Jason also enjoyed the experience, so much so he is already planning for next year’s event. “I love this guy to pieces!! My brother for life, thanks @lukebryan for having us back at @crashmyplaya this year,” he professed on Instagram alongside a video of him and Luke hugging onstage and throwing beers into the crowd. “See y’all in 2023.” 

“Unreal weekend @crashmyplaya,” Jordan remarked alongside a series of photos from his headlining set.

“@crashmyplaya is in the books! Thanks @lukebryan and @dariusrucker for letting me join the night 4 fun,” Dustin shared on Instagram Stories over action shots of himself performing with the aforementioned artists. 

Crash My Playa launched in 2014. 

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Snoop Dogg giving away free Super Bowl tickets

Snoop Dogg giving away free Super Bowl tickets
Snoop Dogg giving away free Super Bowl tickets
Stephen J. Cohen/Getty Images

Snoop Dogg is so excited about performing during the Super Bowl halftime show, he’s giving away tickets to the big game.

The “Sensual Seduction” rapper is offering a chance to win two free tickets through a contest with his INDOGGO liquor brand.

To enter into the sweepstakes, fans should follow the INDOGGO Instagram account, post a photo or video with a bottle of INDOGGO, tag the brand along with the hashtag #IndoggoSweepstakes, and tag who they are bringing to the game.

INDOGGO is gluten-free, sugar-free and low-calorie gin which Snoop launched in September 2020.

The two teams who will play in the Super Bowl will be determined on Sunday, January 30. The Los Angeles Rams host the San Francisco 49ers for the NFC Championship, and the Kansas City Chiefs will be home to play the Cincinnati Bengals for the AFC title. The winners of those two games will face off on February 13 at Super Bowl 56.

As previously reported, Pepsi dropped a cinematic trailer for the Super Bowl halftime show last week. Created by Straight Outta Compton director F. Gary Gray, the trailer is titled “The Call,” and it features four of the halftime headliners — Snoop, Eminem, Mary J. Blige and Kendrick Lamar — all receiving a mysterious call that makes them rush off by plane, car and bicycle to SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, California, the site of the big game.

As each performer appears in the trailer, we hear one of their hits: Eminem’s “Rap God,” “The Next Episode” featuring Snoop, “Family Affair” by Mary J, and Lamar’s “HUMBLE.”

The call comes from the fifth headliner, Dr. Dre, introduced by his hit “Still D.R.E.” He meets the other performers outside the stadium as we hear Tupac‘s “California Love” featuring Dre, who also produced the classic track.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

FINNEAS fesses up to awkward moment with Taylor Swift

FINNEAS fesses up to awkward moment with Taylor Swift
FINNEAS fesses up to awkward moment with Taylor Swift
Rodin Eckenroth/FilmMagic

FINNEAS may appear calm, cool and collected — but he’s just as awkward as the rest of us.  Over the weekend, the singer took to Instagram to share a cringeworthy moment he had with Taylor Swift — at her own birthday party.

While conducting a question and answer session on Stories, a fan asked FINNEAS to recount his most embarrassing moment.  He revealed that it was that time he walked up to greet Taylor at her own party, and got a little flustered.

“I said ‘thanks for coming’ to Taylor Swift,” he shared, according to screenshots taken by Buzzfeed. “Meant to say ‘thanks for inviting me’ or whatever obviously.”

Sadly, FINNEAS did not reveal how Taylor reacted to the faux pas or whether or not his sister, Billie Eilish, has teased him about it — as siblings should.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Hear The Melvins and Matt Cameron cover “Spoonman”

Hear The Melvins and Matt Cameron cover “Spoonman”
Hear The Melvins and Matt Cameron cover “Spoonman”
Kevin Winter/Getty Images

In 2019, The Melvins performed Soundgarden‘s classic “Spoonman” at the Chris Cornell tribute concert I Am the Highway. Now, the grunge pioneers have shared a recorded version of the track, with Matt Cameron of Soundgarden and Pearl Jam on drums.

The Melvins have also shared a video for the track, which appears on the EP Lord of the Flies.

As a member of Soundgarden, Cameron drummed on the original version of “Spoonman,” which appears on their best-selling album Superunknown. On the cover version, he and Melvins drummer Dale Crover play together.

The Melvins were just one of the numerous artists who performed at the January 2019 tribute concert I Am the Highway.  The bill also included Foo Fighters, Metallica, Miley Cyrus, Jerry Cantrell and William DuVall of Alice in Chains, Perry Farrell, Jack Black, Fiona Apple, Josh Homme and Peter Frampton, just to name a few.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.