Hot on the heels of an album announcement on Thursday, Dylan Scott is keeping the momentum going by releasing his romantic new song, “Can’t Have Mine.”
Addressed to all the guys out there looking for their one true love, Dylan advises them to find a girl who “gets wild on the town but still loves Jesus,” and is “worth the wait even when she ain’t on time.” There’s just one caveat — they can’t have his girl.
The girl in question, of course, is Dylan’s wife, Blair, who makes an appearance alongside the singer in the lyric video for his new song. The pair have been together since Dylan was 15, but they once briefly took a break from their relationship, and that miserable three months inspired his current single, “New Truck.”
Both “New Truck” and “Can’t Have Mine” will appear on Dylan’s upcoming new album, Livin’ My Best Life, which will be out in August. He’s also hitting the road for his Livin’ My Best Life Tour next week.
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers guitarist Mike Campbell and his current band, The Dirty Knobs, have released a second advance single from their forthcoming sophomore album, External Combustion, due out on March 4.
The new tune, “Electric Gypsy,” is available now via digital formats, while a music video for the song has debuted on Campbell’s official YouTube channel.
The clip begins with Campbell hitchhiking in the desert, where he’s picked up by RV driven by a tattooed woman. Inside the motor home are The Dirty Knobs’ members and some female friends. The vehicle soon stops, and the musicians and their friends get out, and band proceeds to play the song out in the desert around a fire pit.
In a recent Facebook post, Campbell writes, “‘Electric Gypsy’ is one of my favorite songs on the new record. The song came to me in a moment of inspiration before a session with the band — and we recorded it that day in one take, guitar solo and all.”
As previously reported, External Combustion is an 11-track collection that features guest appearances by Ian Hunter of Mott the Hoople fame, Heartbreakers keyboardist Benmont Tench and alt-country artist Margo Price.
Campbell wrote most of the songs on External Combustion during the past year, although two tunes date back to the 1990s and were recently rediscovered by Mike in his vault of unreleased tracks.
Prior to “Electric Gypsy,” Campbell and the group also released the album’s lead track, “Wicked Mind,” as an advance digital single, along with a companion music video.
External Combustion can be pre-ordered now, and is available on CD, on vinyl and via digital formats.
Campbell and The Dirty Knobs kick off a U.S. tour on March 9 in Tampa, Florida. Visit TheDirtyKnobs.com for the band’s full schedule.
(WASHINGTON) — In his quest to keep Republicans united and become House speaker, Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy has supported and given money to many of the Republicans who voted to impeach former President Donald Trump last year — with one exception.
In an interview with The Federalist, McCarthy officially endorsed Rep. Liz Cheney’s primary opponent, Harriet Hageman, in her upcoming August primary after hard-right House GOP members pushed him to expel her from the GOP conference.
“After spending time with Harriet, it is readily apparent she will always listen and prioritize the needs of her local communities and is focused on tackling our nation’s biggest problems,” McCarthy, R-Calif., told The Federalist. “I look forward to serving with Harriet for years to come.”
Hageman welcomed McCarthy’s endorsement, releasing a statement saying that she’s “very grateful for Leader McCarthy’s strong support,” and pledges that when she’s Wyoming’s member of Congress, she’ll stand up for the state and do the job she was sent to do.
Hageman continued saying that Cheney, R-Wyo., “has completely lost the ability to do her job of representing Wyoming as [their] only member of the House of Representatives.”
Following McCarthy’s endorsement of Hageman, a Cheney’s spokesperson said in a statement, “Wow. She must really be desperate.”
Party leaders rarely get involved in primaries, especially when it’s an incumbent from their own party seeking reelection.
The endorsement from McCarthy comes as one of the latest attacks on Cheney as she faces a tough reelection year. It was only a few weeks ago the Republican National Committee voted to censure Cheney and Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., for their roles on the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol. Before that, Cheney was censured by her own state party and voted out of her role as the number three Republican in the House.
“There’s a reason why Liz Cheney is no longer in leadership and has very low poll rating in Wyoming,” McCarthy recently told reporters.
On Friday, Rep. Elise Stefanik, who replaced Cheney on the House Republican’s leadership team, announced her endorsement of Hageman.
Stefanik said Cheney has “abandoned her constituents to become a Far-Left Pelosi puppet” and “sadly belongs in an MSNBC or CNN news chair, not in Congress representing Wyoming—a state that voted for President Trump by over forty points.”
Last September, Hageman has also received support from Trump, who is part of the larger effort to get Cheney elected out of office.
Even though Hageman has received endorsements from major players in the Republican party, she still lags behind Cheney in fundraising. Cheney raised a total of $7.2 million in 2021, breaking her own fundraising record. Moreover, as the 2022 election year ramps up, Hageman’s cash on hand is just $381,000 compared to Cheney’s $4.7 million war chest, according to filings.
The effort to get Cheney out of federal office is at the national and state levels. There’s a push from state lawmakers in Wyoming to pass SF0097 which would end same-day party affiliation change on a primary day.
This could make it more difficult for Democrats and independents who might want to vote for Cheney in the primary. If enacted, voters would need to change their party affiliation three months before the Wyoming primary, scheduled for Aug. 16.
ABC News’ Soorin Kim and Alisa Wiersema contributed to this report
With his latest album, DS4Ever, sitting at number two on the Billboard 200 chart, Gunna has released a new single that has been a TikTok favorite, “Banking on Me,” produced by Metro Boomin. It follows his duo track with Chloe, “you & me,” which they dropped for Valentine’s Day.
The Atlanta rapper is performing with DJ Khaled, Mary J. Blige, Ludacris, Lil Wayne, Lil Baby and Migos during the State Farm NBA All-Star Saturday Night festivities in Cleveland that begin Saturday, February 19, and air at 8 p.m. ET on TNT.
Ty Dolla Sign is celebrating the Los Angeles Rams’ 23-20 Super Bowl victory over the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday with his new track, “Champions,” featuring Wiz Khalifa. Ty attended the game at Sofi Stadium in Inglewood, California, and posted a series of photos from the event, including one of him sitting in field-level seats as he celebrated the Rams championship.
Jack Harlow dropped his new “Nail Tech” video featuring Yung Miami. The “Whats Poppin” MC just became a New Balance brand ambassador this week, and he’ll debut a new shoe tonight when he plays in the Ruffles NBA All-Star Weekend Celebrity Game.
The visual opens with Harlow in a nail salon, walking alongside the City Girls rapper. He goes from salon to boardroom, serves as a motivational speaker, and plays football with his friends. “My nail tech knows how to keep a lil’ secret/ I don’t wish for my success, I speak it,” he raps.
Finally, Kid Cudi is featured on the new single “Want It Bad” from Japanese artist Nigo. Pharrell Williams serves as executive producer for the I Know Nigo album, which drops March 25 and features Tyler the Creator, Gunna, A$AP Rocky and Lil Uzi Vert.
If you’ve ever wanted to see Ed Sheeran in relatively intimate surroundings, book yourself a ticket to the U.K. now. That’s because Ed has announced a handful of smallish shows in advance of his upcoming stadium tour.
On Instagram, Ed wrote, “I’m going to be doing some warm up shows for my tour in the next few weeks. These are very low key shows where I get to try out all the new tunes before taking them into the stadiums. Some nights there will be mistakes. But that is where the fun starts.”
Starting March 21, Ed will play three dates at London’s Electric Ballroom, two shows at Concorde 2 in Brighton, and two shows in London’s Alexandra Palace Theater. You can get tickets at EdSheeran.com.
The Electric Ballroom only holds 1,500 people, the Alexandra Palace Theater between 900 and 1,300, and the Concorde 2 just 600. So by the time you read this, all those shows may very well have sold out.
Ed’s European stadium tour kicks off April 23 in Dublin. So far, no North American dates have been announced.
All the dates come in support of Ed’s latest album, = (Equals).
(WASHINGTON) — Following weeks of speculation about what President Joe Biden’s State of the Union Address on March 1 would look like — amid pandemic safety concerns — all members of Congress have been invited to attend the speech this year, signaling a softening of restrictions.
The House sergeant-at-arms announced in a memo on Thursday that all 535 members of the House and Senate could safely gather in the House chamber on March 1 as pandemic restrictions continue to ease across the country.
The decision to extend the invitation to all members of Congress was made in consultation with the Capitol’s Office of the Attending Physician, according to the memo.
Per the memo, anyone attending the address in person will be required to present a negative PCR test, wear a K/N95 mask, and fill out a health attestation form. Social distancing will still be required. Boosters are “strongly recommended.” Members will also not be permitted to bring guests, as is usually customary in the pre-COVID era.
The memo also noted: “failure to follow guidelines or removal of the mask in the House Chamber will result in the attendee’s removal from the event and/or fines.”
Biden made a speech to a limited audience due to Covid concerns in April 2021. At the time, the chamber was filled to approximately only 20% capacity, and Republicans largely skipped the event altogether.
Typically, there are more than 1,600 people attending presidential speeches. Last year, there were roughly only 200 people in the chamber.
It’s unclear how many, if any, Republicans will attend the address in person this year.
Republicans have loudly complained about the ongoing mask mandate that still exists for anyone entering the House chamber.
Several Republican lawmakers including Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia, Lauren Boebert of Colorado and Thomas Massie of Kentucky have received hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines for refusing to wear masks on the House floor but have characterized the rebukes as badges of honor.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi earlier this month expressed her desire to see a more traditional State of the Union this year.
“There’s a great interest on the part of members to have more full — fuller participation in the State of the Union,” she said.
“With vaccinations and so much happening since last year, I think the people are ready to pivot in a way that shows to the American people we largely have been vaccinated here,” she said. “We think that many more people can participate.”
Weiss Eubanks/NBCUniversal/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images
After a divorce, many women change their names back to their maiden name. But now it seems as though Kelly Clarkson may be changing her name in a more extreme way.
According to E! Online, which got a look at the court documents, the multi-talented entertainer has filed to change her name to “Kelly Brianne” — “Brianne” being her middle name — explaining, “My new name more fully reflects who I am.”
A hearing regarding Kelly’s request is set for March 28, E! reports.
In June of 2020, Kelly split with her husband of nearly seven years, Brandon Blackstock, citing “irreconcilable differences.” She was legally declared single in September of 2021. Kelly and Brandon share two children, River and Remington, and she was also stepmother to Savannah and Seth, Brandon’s two children from his previous marriage.
Last July, Kelly was ordered to pay Brandon nearly $200,000 per month in child and spousal support.
Meanwhile, Kelly’s taking on yet another project: co-hosting NBC’s American Song Contest with Snoop Dogg on March 21.
Brett Young enlisted the help of a very special co-star to make his newest music video: His wife, Taylor.
In the video for his song “You Didn’t,” Brett plays the role of a guy who’s had his heartbroken, and Taylor is the one who got away, appearing as a ghost and then fading away as soon as he reaches out for her. In the video, Brett is tormented by painful memories of the relationship, finally crawling into bed with a picture of himself and Taylor taken during happier times.
Taylor was an appropriate choice to play the role of Brett’s ex. Though they’re happily married now, the pair once went through a two-year-long hiatus when he first moved to Nashville to pursue country music.
Fortunately, they’re now back together and happier than ever: Brett and Taylor got married in 2018 and are now parents to two daughters, two-and-a-half-year-old Presley and six-month-old Rowan.
Here’s your chance to party in wine country with Metallica.
The metal legends have announced a charity raffle with the grand prize of two VIP three-day passes to the ‘Tallica-headlined BottleRock Napa Valley festival, taking place May 27-29 in Napa, California.
The campaign will raise money for Metallica’s All Within My Hands charity foundation. The more you donate, the more entries you’ll receive.
In related news, Metallica’s hometown baseball team, the San Francisco Giants, have announced the details of its 2022 Metallica Night. The annual celebration, which has missed the past two years due to the COVID-19 pandemic, makes its return to Oracle Park on May 24.
Previous Metallica Nights have featured the band performing the national anthem and throwing out the game’s ceremonial first pitch.
If you think you know what you’re getting into with the Foo Fighters‘ Studio 666 movie, you may want to check out the red band trailer.
The newly premiered, uncensored clip gives you an NSFW preview of the upcoming horror-comedy movie, with all the blood, guts, entrails and f-bombs you can fit in 90 seconds.
You can watch the trailer streaming now on YouTube, if you dare.
In related news, Dave Grohl reveals in an interview with Empire magazine that he tried to get Vin Diesel to make an appearance in Studio 666, but the Fast & Furious star declined.
“The casting process was literally me looking through my phone,” Grohl shares. “We f***ing asked Vin Diesel to be in the movie! We were like, ‘Oh my god, 10 million people will go see this film! And he said no.”
Studio 666 does, however, feature all six Foo Fighters members, as well as Whitney Cummings, Leslie Grossman, Will Forte and Jenna Ortega, plus a cameo from Lionel Richie. It hits theaters February 25.