Slipknot officially confirms identity of “Tortilla Man”

Slipknot officially confirms identity of “Tortilla Man”
Slipknot officially confirms identity of “Tortilla Man”
Katja Ogrin/Redferns

Slipknot‘s “Tortilla Man” has finally been unmasked.

The mystery percussionist, who joined the Knot in 2019 following the departure of longtime member Chris Fehn, has been officially identified as Michael Pfaff. Slipknot confirmed the news in an Instagram post announcing a Reddit AMA with Pfaff.

Pfaff had long been rumored to be person behind Tortilla Man — a nickname earned thanks to his mask’s golden hue — with fans pointing out that he previously played in M. Shawn “Clown” Crahan‘s Dirty Little Rabbits side project. That theory seemed to be proven true when a photo of Clown, drummer Jay Weinberg and someone who looked a lot like Pfaff were spotted at Slovenia’s Postojna Cave tourist attraction during Slipknot’s 2020 European tour.

Even with all the rumors, Slipknot never officially revealed Pfaff’s identity until today. When Kerrang! asked Clown about who Tortilla Man was during a 2019 interview, Clown responded, “The position you may or may not be talking about is nobody’s f***ing business.”

As for what caused Slipknot’s change of heart, we may never know. Perhaps not so coincidentally, the band’s Knotfest Roadshow tour kicks off tonight in Fargo, North Dakota.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

He’s b-a-a-ck: Lil Nas X returns to Twitter after “maternity leave”

He’s b-a-a-ck: Lil Nas X returns to Twitter after “maternity leave”
He’s b-a-a-ck: Lil Nas X returns to Twitter after “maternity leave”
Mike Coppola/Getty Images for iHeartRadio

Lil Nas X is alive and well, and back on Twitter.

After taking a three-month break from social media — which caused fans to worry that something bad might have happened to him — the “Montero” rapper returned on Wednesday with a killer joke.

“why are people surprised i’ve been away for so long?” he wrote. “have y’all really never heard of maternity leave?” 

As you may recall, Nas X referred to his debut album, Montero, as a “baby” that he was “giving birth to,” complete with pregnancy photos. The “baby” is now six months old.

The star then teased, “i’m so happy i’m back on the internet. i missed me so much.”

But the best news is that Lil Nas X has new music for us: He tweeted a picture of two different songs — “Late to the Party,” featuring NBA YoungBoy, and “Down Souf Hoes,” featuring Saucy Santana — and asked, “Which one y’all want first?”

When Saucy Santana, who, like Lil Nas, is an openly gay rapper, reacted to the post, Nas announced, “we finna fck the summer up.”

Fans, of course, were overjoyed. One joked, “Ever since lil nas x came back i have gotten a girlfriend, a stable job, healthy hobbies that I love to do every day, my family has re-accepted me I to their lives and I’ve been the happiest I’ve been in a long time. I could not have done it without you.”

Another wrote, “he’s back!!!! the world is healing!”

But one fan cautioned, “Don’t ever do that again without warning us first!”

Lil Nas X will return to TV on April 3 as a performer at the Grammy Awards; he’s up for five trophies in all.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Russell Dickerson’s son is already adjusted to tour life

Russell Dickerson’s son is already adjusted to tour life
Russell Dickerson’s son is already adjusted to tour life
ABC

It appears that Russell Dickerson‘s one-year-old son Remington is getting adjusted to life on the road!

One of the words the young tot is already familiar with is “bus,” as demonstrated in a video where the country singer challenges viewers, “tell me you have a road baby without telling me you have a road baby.” He then pans over to Remington, who is sitting in his high chair playing with a toy steering wheel.  

“Bus,” the baby says in response to his dad after he says “beep beep,” imitating a bus noise, drawing laughter from the singer. “All he want to do is ‘go go’ aka drive the tour bus,” Russell captions the candid moment with the hashtags #Tour#RemDog.

The “Home Sweet” hitmaker and his wife Kailey welcome Remington in September 2020. Russell is currently on his headlining All Yours, All Night Tour before heading out with Tim McGraw as an opening act on the McGraw Tour from April through June.  

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

“We’re so cute!” — Kim Kardashian opens up to Ellen about finding happiness and falling for Pete Davidson

“We’re so cute!” — Kim Kardashian opens up to Ellen about finding happiness and falling for Pete Davidson
“We’re so cute!” — Kim Kardashian opens up to Ellen about finding happiness and falling for Pete Davidson
Arnold Jerocki/Getty Images

(NOTE LANGUAGE) Kim Kardashian sat down with Ellen Degeneres on Wednesday, and raved about reaching a new chapter in her life with Pete Davidson

The chat happened just days after the reality star and fashion mogul, 41, went “Instagram official” with the 28-year-old Saturday Night Live cast member. “I guess it’s like not official until you post,” Kim joked. 

The pair have been linked since October 2021, eight months after she filed for divorce from Kanye West.

Kim explained that she showed restraint by only posting what pics she did of her and Pete last week. “I have the cutest pictures of us and I want to be like, ‘Oh my God, we’re so cute!'” Kim told Ellen. “But then I’m like, ‘Don’t be so desperate. Don’t be posting so much, just give a glimpse.'”

The 41-year-old influencer added, “I haven’t dated in since before Instagram existed…I don’t know what the rules are.”

When the talk show host told the star of Hulu’s new show The Kardashians that she seemed more at ease than she’s been, Kim agreed, saying, “It feels good! I think it’s just in life…I just think I encourage my friends and the people that I love just to be happy.”

She added, “And I went for it. I was like, ‘You know what, I’m in my 40s, like f*** it, just go for it. Find your happiness.’ I went for it and I took my time. I found it and it feels so good. I want to hold on to that forever.”

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Biden calls Russia’s Putin a ‘war criminal’ over invasion of Ukraine

Biden calls Russia’s Putin a ‘war criminal’ over invasion of Ukraine
Biden calls Russia’s Putin a ‘war criminal’ over invasion of Ukraine
Alex Wong/Getty Images

(WASHINGTON) — President Joe Biden on Wednesday called Russian President Vladimir Putin a “war criminal” for his violent invasion Ukraine, including attacks on civilians.

The president initially told a reporter “no,” when asked if he was ready to label Putin a war criminal, but moments later Biden circled back, asking her to repeat the question which he appeared to have initially misunderstood.

“I think he is a war criminal,” Biden said.

A short time later, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Biden was speaking “from the heart” at an afternoon press briefing after he made the comment, while carefully noting there is still a State Department review of whether it considers Russia’s attacks on Ukrainian civilians a war crime.

Despite the evidence, the White House until now had gone out of its way not to label Putin a war criminal, repeatedly noting there was an official review underway before they could formally accuse Putin of war crimes.

Earlier this month, Biden said it was “clear” Russian forces were targeting civilian areas but said that it was too early to call them war crimes.

“Do you believe Russia is committing war crimes in Ukraine?” Biden was asked on March 2.

“We are following it very closely. It’s early to say that,” he said.

The shift in characterization follows a wave of U.S. sanctions on Russia including personal sanctions on Putin and following a powerful appeal from Ukrainian President Zelenskyy to Congress, in which he called on Biden to do more to aid Ukraine.

One year ago to the day that Russia forces began invading Ukraine, Biden told ABC News Anchor George Stephanopoulos in an interview that be believed Putin was a “killer.”

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Money flows to states for cleaning up environmentally hazardous orphaned wells

Money flows to states for cleaning up environmentally hazardous orphaned wells
Money flows to states for cleaning up environmentally hazardous orphaned wells
Tim Graham/Getty Images

(WASHINGTON) — A major effort to combat climate change — reducing methane emissions — is now underway as $1.15 billion flows to states to help close unused oil and gas wells that release pollution and greenhouse gases.

The funds stem from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, which in total allocated $4.7 billion over nine years for a new federal program to address orphan wells. This is the first funding phase.

There are over 130,000 orphaned wells across the country, according to a preliminary analysis from the Department of the Interior.

“This is something I have heard about from the day I became a senator. And it’s got the support of counties all across the state because they see the need to clean up these leaking wells in their backyards,” said Sen. Michael Bennet, D-Colo., in an interview with ABC News. Colorado is now receiving $39,006,000 to clean up the wells.

Although the terms “orphaned” and “abandoned” are often used interchangeably, a significant component distinguishes orphaned wells and makes them more difficult to find.

“There’s no known owner like it’s truly — it’s just out there in the wild, nobody can be attached to it,” said Josh Axelrod, a senior advocate for the National Resources Defense Council.

In these instances, the lack of a known owner means the burden for cleanup ends up falling on state governments and, in turn, taxpayers. It also makes the wells more challenging to track.

While state governments and environmental groups have worked on their own to fill wells, the process can take years, with residents struggling to get wells filled in their own backyards.

The new funding focuses specifically on orphaned wells, a subset of the estimated 2 to 3 million abandoned wells in the United States that, combined, release greenhouse gases equal to 1.5 to 4 million cars annually, according to the EPA Greenhouse Gas Equivalencies Calculator.

They are the nation’s tenth-largest methane emitters, according to a study conducted at McGill University, and the gas warms the planet at 80 times the rate of carbon dioxide.

Various groups are working with states to find unidentified orphaned wells through multiple processes, including using drones. The funding from the infrastructure bill only addresses already-identified wells.

There are currently 9 million Americans who live within one mile of an orphaned well, according to a study conducted by the Environmental Defense Fund and McGill University.

Tyson Price, an elementary school principal in West Virginia, worries the well in his backyard is polluting the local river and harming deer that frequently use it as a drinking source. The West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection is responsible for closing wells and maintains a list that ranks cleanup projects in order of urgency.

“Two years ago, I was 43 on the list in West Virginia. And a couple of weeks ago, I reached back out to the DEP… I’m in the 60s now; I think it was 65. So in that two-year span, I’ve actually moved down the list,” said Price, who has spent six years trying to get the well closed.

On top of gaseous pollutants, orphaned wells can leak leftover oil and carry a risk of combusting. But the cost, technical challenges and environmental concerns prevent residents from dealing with the wells on their own. The cleanup process requires filling the wells with cement and restoring the surfaces.

“There’s just no way that I could afford to plug this thing myself and do it, you know, in an environmentally safe way,” Price said.

Although Tyson and his family have felt no ill effects from the well, reports have emerged of health issues brought on by proximity to unplugged wells. West Virginia is now receiving $55,293,000 from the first round of funding to help clean up the state’s 6,309 orphaned wells.

The push to close the wells comes as global methane emissions have ballooned in recent years, according to new data released by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. At last year’s COP26 climate summit, President Joe Biden and other world leaders announced a Global Methane Pledge to cut emissions 30% by 2030.

“It’s a fundamental part of our energy transition in this country to make sure that we don’t leave these orphan wells behind…I would expect there to be real momentum to do whatever is necessary to clean up the rest,” Bennet said.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Florence + the Machine announces LA & NYC shows

Florence + the Machine announces LA & NYC shows
Florence + the Machine announces LA & NYC shows
Sergione Infuso/Corbis via Getty Images

Florence + the Machine is headed to the coasts this spring.

The Florence Welch-led outfit has announced a pair of U.S. concerts, taking place in Los Angeles on April 29, and New York City on May 6.

Tickets go on sale this Friday, March 18, at 10 a.m. local time via FlorenceandtheMachine.net.

The LA and NYC dates are, so far, Florence’s only announced U.S. shows for 2022. In April, the band will play a trio of concerts in the U.K., followed by some European festival performances in the summer.

Just last week, Florence + the Machine announced the details of their next album, Dance Fever. The follow-up to 2018’s High as Hope will arrive on May 13.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Machine Gun Kelly premieres Bring Me the Horizon collaboration, “Maybe”

Machine Gun Kelly premieres Bring Me the Horizon collaboration, “Maybe”
Machine Gun Kelly premieres Bring Me the Horizon collaboration, “Maybe”
ABC

Machine Gun Kelly has officially premiered his collaboration with Bring Me the Horizon, “Maybe.”

The “Bloody Valentine” rocker and Horizon frontman Oli Skyes previously teased the joint tune at a Los Angeles event earlier this month. Kelly then confirmed that the song would appear on his forthcoming album, Mainstream Sellout, when he revealed the record’s track list earlier this week.

You can listen to “Maybe” now via digital outlets.

Mainstream Sellout arrives March 25, and reunites Kelly with his Tickets to My Downfall producer, Travis Barker. It also includes the previously released songs “Emo Girl” and “Ay!,” featuring WILLOW and Lil Wayne, respectively.

(Video contains uncensored profanity.) 

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

‘The Thing About Pam’ co-star Judy Greer wants her own super power in the MCU

‘The Thing About Pam’ co-star Judy Greer wants her own super power in the MCU
‘The Thing About Pam’ co-star Judy Greer wants her own super power in the MCU
NBC/Skip Bolen

Judy Greer can now be seen in NBC’s based-on-real-life series The Truth About Pam, opposite Oscar winner Renee Zellweger, who plays Pam Hupp, a woman who allegedly murdered her friend in 2011 and tried to pin it on the friend’s husband. 

In Greer’s long career, she’s has appeared in beloved rom coms like 13 Going on 30, adventure movies like Jurassic World, slasher pics like the recent Halloween Kills, and she also has voiced the spacey, sex-crazed Cheryl Tunt on Archer since the animated series launched in 2009.

Greer is also part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, playing Maggie Lang, the estranged wife of Paul Rudd‘s Scott Lang in the Ant-Man movies. Maggie’s a great mom, and is supportive of her ex-husband’s Avenging, but alas, Greer tells ABC Audio, her character has no superheroic abilities.

“I still wish I had a superpower. I’m still waiting for that,” Greer says, smiling. “I was like, ‘Can…my character just…have like one little superpower, like a baby one, like something tiny that…maybe like rubbed off on her at some point or something? No? Nothing?’…Maybe someday.”

Greer adds, modestly, “I would just like a tiny one, you know?”

As for getting to act in MCU projects, Judy says, “I think it’s always an honor to be asked to be a part of a massive franchise like that, of course. And so now I just want more,” adding with a laugh, “Never satisfied.”  

We’ll just have to wait and see if she gets her wish when the third film in the series, Ant-Man: Quantumania, hits theaters July 28, 2023.

The Truth About Pam airs Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET on NBC and also streams on Peacock and Hulu.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Taylor Swift wooed “first choice” Dylan O’Brien for “All Too Well” with a “novella-length” text

Taylor Swift wooed “first choice” Dylan O’Brien for “All Too Well” with a “novella-length” text
Taylor Swift wooed “first choice” Dylan O’Brien for “All Too Well” with a “novella-length” text
Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images

If you ever wondered why Taylor Swift cast The Maze Runner and Teen Wolf actor Dylan O’Brien in her short film for the epic, 10-minute-long version of “All Too Well,” it was because she felt he’d be great ad-libbing — and she was right.

For a profile of O’Brien for Bustle, Taylor told the publication via email, “Dylan was my first choice for the ‘All Too Well’ short film because he has that versatility I was looking for. I’d seen his work and heard nothing but wonderful things about him as a person.”

“Ultimately I want to work with people who love what they do and come at it with enthusiasm, because that’s how I approach creating things too,” she continued. “I had a feeling he would be great at ad-libbing and adding nuance to his character…He absolutely blew me away and I feel really lucky that I gained such a great friend from the experience, too.”

According to Bustle, Taylor sent O’Brien a “novella-length text message” asking him to take the role and he said yes right away.  While shooting the post-dinner party argument scene, Taylor let O’Brien and co-star Sadie Sink come up with what they’d be saying to each other — and she liked it so much that she decided to highlight it.

O’Brien tells Bustle, “Everything was planned to be to music. But then when we played out that scene [with dialogue], [Taylor] immediately marched over and was just like, ‘This is it. I’m going to play this in the video.’”

He adds, “The confidence to just identify that in the moment on set and take in what we were bringing to it [shows how] she’s so sound with relationships and her instincts.”

(Video contains uncensored profanity.)

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.