Carrie Underwood’s leg workout is coming to the Fit52 app

Carrie Underwood’s leg workout is coming to the Fit52 app
Carrie Underwood’s leg workout is coming to the Fit52 app
ABC/Connie Chornuk

Want to know the secret to Carrie Underwood‘s leg routine? She’s sharing it with fans via her exercise app, Fit52

“People are always asking me about my leg workouts and my actual leg workouts are coming to the Fit52 app. We’ve adapted them so they can work for any fitness level,” she explains, adding that they’ll be available “really soon.” 

The singer also teases that a live workout will be coming to the app in the near future. “Let’s do it,” she says.  

Previously, Carrie’s trainer, Eve Overland, provided the step-by-step regimen the superstar follows daily to maintain the toned physique in her legs, a routine that involves squats, touch downs, dead lifts and log hops completed in three supersets that have two to three exercises each. Dumbbells, weight plates and an exercise ball are used throughout her workout.

Fit52 launched in 2020, and was developed by Carrie and Eve to provide a variety of workouts for fans. 

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Joe Jonas reveals how he balances his career and family life

Joe Jonas reveals how he balances his career and family life
Joe Jonas reveals how he balances his career and family life
Lionel Hahn/Getty Images

Joe Jonas not only has a busy singing and entrepreneurial career — he recently welcomed his second child with wife Sophie Turner.  So how does the “Cake By the Ocean” singer balance his family and professional lives?

“It’s an adjustment period,” Joe told People in a new interview. “Just something that I’m learning as I go, I think I can now work a little bit harder to take time off. I’m still trying to figure it out.”

In addition to managing a family of four, Joe holds down two bands — DNCE and, of course, the Jonas Brothers — and has started pursuing acting with the upcoming Korean War drama Devotion. The singer also partnered with the canned mimosa company Ohza and has been crowned the new spokesman for corrective lenses company STAAR Surgical.

That in mind, Joe explained that he isn’t exhausted by his full plate. In fact, he finds it fulfilling. “Some weeks are a little bit more challenging than others, but it makes it a lot easier when you enjoy your gig,” he said. “I wake up every day just thrilled to be able to go make music or act and create different projects and have a beautiful family, so it feels like a dream come true.”

He also said it’s “very freeing” to set his own schedule to pursue his passions.

Joe noted moving to Miami has allowed for life to be more manageable. “We went to come visit and we just loved it. I saw a whole different side of Miami that I’ve never experienced — really quiet areas, and the food’s amazing. I feel like it’s the best-kept secret,” he said. “It’s not far from Europe and it’s not far from New York. My parents live in North Carolina, so they’re a lot closer.”

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Second episode of ‘My Life as a Rolling Stone’ docuseries, focusing on Keith Richards, premieres Sunday

Second episode of ‘My Life as a Rolling Stone’ docuseries, focusing on Keith Richards, premieres Sunday
Second episode of ‘My Life as a Rolling Stone’ docuseries, focusing on Keith Richards, premieres Sunday
Courtesy of EPIX

The second episode of the new four-part Rolling Stones docuseries My Life as a Rolling Stone premieres on EPIX this Sunday, August 14, at 9 p.m. ET.

The new installment focuses specifically on Keith Richards, looking at how important the founding Stones guitarist’s passion for music has been to the band, and how his bad boy and rebellious image has played such a major role in the group’s legend.

In a preview clip, Richards talks about how important he feels it is for a song to have a good guitar intro.

“[I]f an intro can grab you, you’re gonna to be in for at least a few more minutes,” he notes. “And if the riff behind that intro grabs you then, then you pretty much got ’em.”

Richards also discusses the unique way he devised of setting up his guitar, which entails removing the low E string and tuning the remaining five strings to a G chord.

He explains about the sound of the specially tuned guitar, “There is something about the intonation of the notes, the separation at the point — I would say almost mystical — that when hit in the right way, in the right moment, you know, [it’s a] cheap ride to heaven.”

As previously reported, the series, which was produced to coincide with the British rock legends’ 60th anniversary, is made up of four hour-long episodes, each focusing on a different band member. Last week’s premiere episode profiled singer Mick Jagger, while the final two installments will look at longtime guitarist Ronnie Wood and late drummer Charlie Watts, respectively.

In addition to new conversations with Jagger, Richards and Wood, My Life as a Rolling Stone features new interviews with a variety of other noteworthy music artists.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Listen to Death Cab for Cutie’s new ’Asphalt Meadows’ track, “Foxglove Through the Clearcut”

Listen to Death Cab for Cutie’s new ’Asphalt Meadows’ track, “Foxglove Through the Clearcut”
Listen to Death Cab for Cutie’s new ’Asphalt Meadows’ track, “Foxglove Through the Clearcut”
Atlantic; Credit: Benjamin Gibbard

Death Cab for Cutie has premiered a new song called “Foxglove Through the Clearcut,” a track off the band’s upcoming album, Asphalt Meadows.

“‘Foxglove’ is by far the most personal song on the record,” says frontman Ben Gibbard, who performs the cut almost entirely as a spoken word piece.

“While I was writing it, I thought I was merely the narrator,” he adds. “But the longer I sat with it, I realized I was both the protagonist AND the narrator.”

You can listen to “Foxglove Through the Clearcut” now via digital outlets. It’s accompanied by a lyric video, which is streaming now on YouTube.

Asphalt Meadows, the follow-up to 2018’s Thank You for Today, will be released September 16. It also includes the previously released songs “Here to Forever” and “Roman Candles.”

Death Cab will launch a U.S. headlining tour in support of Asphalt Meadows September 22 in Madison, Wisconsin.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Expert weighs in on alleged Iranian plot to kill high-profile US official

Expert weighs in on alleged Iranian plot to kill high-profile US official
Expert weighs in on alleged Iranian plot to kill high-profile US official
FBI

(NEW YORK) — The Justice Department unsealed charges Wednesday against an Iranian national and member of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard who prosecutors say tried to arrange the murder of John Bolton, Donald Trump’s former national security adviser.

The criminal complaint was filed against 45-year-old Shahram Poursafi. Prosecutors allege that Poursafi tried to arrange the murder of Bolton in “likely” retaliation for the murder of top Iranian general Qassem Soleimani, who was killed on Jan. 3, 2020, during the Trump administration.

Poursafi remains at large abroad.

In a statement after the charges were unsealed, Bolton called Iranian rulers “liars, terrorists and enemies of the United States.”

“Their radical, anti-American objectives are unchanged; their commitments are worthless; and their global threat is growing,” Bolton said, in part.

Nasser Kanani, the spokesman of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Iran, called the charges “baseless” and said the United States continues to claim “endless” and false accusations against Iran.

“In a new story-telling, the American judicial authorities have raised accusations without providing valid documents and necessary documents,” said Kanani, in a statement translated from Persian.

ABC News’ “Start Here” spoke to Marine Col. Stephen Ganyard, a former State Department official and now ABC News contributor, on the alleged plot to kill one of the United States’ most high-profile officials.

START HERE: John Bolton was a United Nations ambassador for George W. Bush [and] he was the national security adviser under Donald Trump…but he’s not in office now. Why would someone want to kill John Bolton?

GANYARD: Revenge Brad. It was payback. Remember that John Bolton was probably the hawk [and] probably pushed President Trump to take out Soleimani when the U.S. had the chance.

When they assassinated Soleimani back in 2020, understanding who Soleimani was within the Iranian society, understanding he was nearly a demigod.

There was nobody more powerful in Iran other than the supreme leader. So here is a hugely powerful man that was seen as a hero in the eyes of the Iranian people who needed a hero.

Who had brought together a serious military strategy in the Middle East, that pulled together Iran and Syria and Hezbollah and all of the efforts the Iranians had in the Middle East.

He unified the Iranian people. He unified the Iranian military in a way that no other commander had done and no other non-secular commander had ever done.

START HERE: What was the plan [to kill Bolton]? Do we know about who [the suspect] is and what he was doing?

GANYARD: We have a name, [but] we don’t know much more than that.

Clearly some kind of plot like this would have to be approved at the highest levels in Tehran, but we don’t know what this person’s position is. We don’t know whether they were part of the intelligence services, whether they’re part of the Quds Force.

We just know that the Department of Justice developed enough evidence, whether that was voice transcripts, whether it was text, whether it was emails, but they developed enough to get an indictment of this guy who isn’t even in the United States.

So very, very fuzzy, but he is likely within the hierarchy of the Iranian intelligence services and the Iranian government.

START HERE: Suppose these allegations are true. What would’ve happened if this was successful? What was Iran planning on happening in the fallout of a major attack?

GANYARD: It would’ve put the Biden administration in a very tough place.

Remember, the time that this would’ve gone down, the Biden administration was negotiating, trying to revive the nuclear deal that the Obama administration had put in place, that the Trump administration had discarded.

So if something like this would happen, that whole effort by the Biden administration, which he had talked about as candidate Biden, would’ve gone by the wayside. There was no way that he could agree to something with the Iranians.

Even worse, there may have been a requirement for retaliation, for the United States to do something militarily, to pay back the Iranians for assassinating a senior United States government official.

START HERE: So we could have found ourselves at war, is what you’re saying, if this was successful?

GANYARD: We could have, depending on how egregious it was and how the Biden administration reacted, there could have been some sort of a military retaliation.

And in that part of the world, it’s really hard to know whether you are lighting a fire or you’re putting one out.

START HERE: Well, from the U.S. perspective, the DOJ did not have to release this information [but] they chose to… What is about to happen for the U.S. and Iran going forward?

GANYARD: So this seems like it’s a warning. Here’s why: We know that the Iranians offered this U.S. person $300,000 to kill Bolton. But they said, “Once you do that, we got a million dollars for somebody else that we’re already surveilling.”

GANYARD: So this is something where the Department of Justice and the FBI said, “We know that we are not gonna get this guy that we’re gonna indict, but we have to fire a warning shot across their bow. We have to make it clear. We know what’s going on here and you better not do it again, or even try to do it again because there will be consequences.”

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Megadeth drops new ’The Sick, the Dying’ track, “Soldier On!”

Megadeth drops new ’The Sick, the Dying’ track, “Soldier On!”
Megadeth drops new ’The Sick, the Dying’ track, “Soldier On!”
UMe

Megadeth has premiered a new song called “Soldier On!” off the band’s upcoming album, The Sick, the Dying…and the Dead!

“Soldier On!” is available now via digital outlets and is accompanied by a visualizer streaming now on YouTube.

The Sick, the Dying…and the Dead!, the follow-up to 2016’s Dystopia, will be released September 2. It also includes the previously released single “We’ll Be Back” and the Ice-T collaboration “Night Stalkers.”

Megadeth will hit the road in support of The Sick, the Dying…and the Dead! on a U.S. tour with Five Finger Death Punch kicking off August 19 in Ridgefield, Washington.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Popular Always Pan gets a mini version

Popular Always Pan gets a mini version
Popular Always Pan gets a mini version
Our Place

(NEW YORK) — What’s better than The Always Pan? A Mini Always Pan!

After much demand from consumers, Our Place has introduced a smaller version of their Always Pan and Perfect Pot.

“We got hundreds of requests for a smaller Always Pan and Perfect Pot for studio apartments, dorm rooms, travel, and also just for something to use when you’re cooking for one,” Shiza Shahid, co-founder of Our Place, said in a press release.

The minis have the same features as the full-size versions like nontoxic and nonstick ceramic coating.

“The minis are everything you’ve come to love about Our Place cookware, but now in a smaller size designed for versatility and convenience,” Shahid added.

You can shop the mini versions as a set or on their own.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Watch Ed Sheeran’s new video with Paulo Londra, “Noche de Novela”

Watch Ed Sheeran’s new video with Paulo Londra, “Noche de Novela”
Watch Ed Sheeran’s new video with Paulo Londra, “Noche de Novela”
Warner Music Latina/ BUENA Productora

Ed Sheeran‘s latest international collaboration — a song and video with Argentinian rapper Paulo Londra — has arrived.

Called “Noche de Novela,” the song and video are out now. This marks the second time Ed and Paulo have worked together: They previously teamed up for a 2019 track called “Nothing On You,” from Ed’s No. 6 Collaborations Project album.

“So happy to be collaborating with Paulo and his project … He’s just the sweetest guy,” Ed says in a statement.

Paulo adds, “Recording with Ed once again is a privilege, I admire him a lot! During the whole recording I was very excited and grateful and whenever I can I try to tell him how much I admire him. I feel that God put Ed in my path to learn a lot from him.”

In the video, Ed and Paolo drink beers with friends on the street in London; Paulo raps in Spanish while Ed sings in English.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

‘The Simpsons’ will apparently reveal how the show predicts the future

‘The Simpsons’ will apparently reveal how the show predicts the future
‘The Simpsons’ will apparently reveal how the show predicts the future
Fox

The Simpsons has become eerily famous for seemingly predicting outlandish events that turned true, from Donald Trump running for president — right down to his famous escalator announcement — to a virus emerging from China that turns our world upside down.

Now Matt Selman, the long-running show’s current executive producer and showrunner, tells Deadline that in an upcoming episode in the show’s 34th season they will let the cat out of the bag.

“We have another crazy conceptual episode that explains how The Simpsons know the future. It’s a conceptual episode with lots of crazy stuff in it, but it does an explanation of how The Simpsons can predict the future.”

Sure, he’s likely being tongue in cheek, though Yeardley Smith, who has voiced Lisa Simpson since the show began airing in 1989, once told ABC that the’s show’s prescience is uncanny.

“Maybe we’re a modern day Nostradamus or Nostradami,” she laughed.

“I’ve sort of joked always that the writers have a crystal ball in the middle of their table in the writer’s room. I mean, if you think about collective consciousness … there actually may be something to that, that’s sort of unexplainable because it seems illogical and it’s a little bit, like, feels like magic.”

“I don’t know. I don’t know!” she laughed.

Smith did have a more grounded reason, however.

“The other thing is that we’ve been on so long. Think of all the things that we’ve also predicted that haven’t come true. We’re all only sort of cottoning onto the things that actually have come true!”

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

‘Power Book III: Raising Kanan’ star MeKai Curtis talks “explosive” second season

‘Power Book III: Raising Kanan’ star MeKai Curtis talks “explosive” second season
‘Power Book III: Raising Kanan’ star MeKai Curtis talks “explosive” second season
Starz

Power Book III: Raising Kanan returns to Starz with season two on Sunday, and fans are in for one wild ride. 

After leaving fans with more than a few unanswered questions — like will Kanan get caught for shooting an officer and is that officer his real father — season two finds the Thomas family beginning to face the aftermath of their actions. MeKai Curtis, who stars in the titular role of Kanan, tells ABC Audio that his character is on the hunt for answers when he returns to the screen. 

“He’s very weary of everything around. He wants more answers to questions that he has. And he’s going to get those answers. You know, he’s very strong and determined, just like his mother,” Curtis explains, referencing Tony Award winner Patina Miller, who portrays Kanan’s mother, Raquel “Raq” Thomas, in the series.  

“A lot of the just the way that Raq has raised him, you see that come to play in second season, you know, for better or worse,” Curtis adds. “It’s actually it’s pretty fun to see how that plays out with them but that’s the sort of space that Kanan is in in the second season…trying to figure out who he is after being who he thought he wanted to be.”

Kanan’s hunt for answers is just part of what makes for a wild season ahead — a season that Curtis and Miller describe in four words: Explosive, revealing, emotional…and complicated.”

Power Book III: Raising Kanan, which has already been renewed for season three, also stars Omar Epps, London Brown, Malcolm Mays, Joey Bada$$, Hailey Kilgore, Shanley Caswell and Antonio Ortiz.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.