Ex-R.E.M. drummer Bill Berry playing in new band, The Bad Ends; debut album due in January

Ex-R.E.M. drummer Bill Berry playing in new band, The Bad Ends; debut album due in January
Ex-R.E.M. drummer Bill Berry playing in new band, The Bad Ends; debut album due in January
New West Records

Founding R.E.M. drummer Bill Berry is back. He’s in a new group called The Bad Ends, who, like his former band, hail from Athens, Georgia.

The Bad Ends also feature singer/guitarist Mike Mantione of the veteran Athens band Five Eight, as well as Dave Domizi on bass and vocals, Geoff Melkonian on keyboards and vocals, and Christian Lopez on guitars and mandolin.

The group will release its debut album, The Power and the Glory, on January 20, 2023. The first track from the record, “All Your Friends Are Dying,” is available now as a digital single.

The Bad Ends have also debuted a music video for the tune, which you can watch on the New West Records label’s YouTube channel.

The clip features cameos by R.E.M. bassist Mike Mills and Pylon singer Vanessa Briscoe Hay, and much of the footage was shot at Berry’s home near Athens. The video includes scenes of The Bad Ends members driving ATVs and performing around a swimming pool, where they eventually appear as zombies.

Berry, who hadn’t played in a full-time band after leaving R.E.M. in 1997, recalls in a new SPIN article that he wound up joining The Bad Ends after “a chance pedestrian encounter in downtown Athens” with Mantione in 2017.

“At that point it had been over two decades since I’d involved myself with the record-making process and here was a man Peter Buck recently described as ‘the unsung hero of Athens rock and roll’ offering an opportunity to play in the game again,” Berry explains. “It was energizing to once again play with top-notch musicians.”

The Bad Ends will make their live debut at the Athens Uncovered concert in Athens, GA on November 27.

You can preorder The Power and the Glory now.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

“Devastated” Keke Palmer hopes ‘Being Mortal’ will see the light of day after Bill Murray suspension

“Devastated” Keke Palmer hopes ‘Being Mortal’ will see the light of day after Bill Murray suspension
“Devastated” Keke Palmer hopes ‘Being Mortal’ will see the light of day after Bill Murray suspension
ABC/Christopher Willard

As reported in April, shooting on an Aziz Ansari-directed movie was suspended for an investigation into Bill Murray‘s inappropriate behavior.

Chatting with Variety at the Academy Museum Gala in LA on Saturday, a “devastated” Keke Palmer said she hopes the adaptation of Atul Gawande‘s book Being Mortal can be saved.

Palmer said diplomatically, “Obviously, we got cut short at a certain point, but I will say that I am pretty devastated. It’s an amazing film. If there is some way to be able to complete, salvage it, I would want to do it.”

She cautioned it would take a “major rewrite” presumably to excise Murray from the film, adding, “If somebody could figure it out, it would be Aziz.”

It was recently reported that Murray reached a six-figure settlement for allegedly straddling a female crew member on set; in May, Murray told CNBC, “I did something I thought was funny, and it wasn’t taken that way.”

In other Bill behaving badly news, Family Guy star Seth Green explained he had a run-in with Murray behind the scenes of Saturday Night Live when Green was just 9.

Green told YouTube show Good Mythical Morning that Murray took issue with him sitting on a couch backstage and insisted he move.

“He picked me up by my ankles, held me upside down,” Green recalled. “He dangled me over a trash can and he was like, ‘The trash goes in the trash can.’ And I was screaming…he dropped me in the trash can, the trash can falls over. I was horrified. I ran away, hid under the table in my dressing room and just cried.”

Green explained cast members Eddie Murphy and Tim Kazurinsky later consoled him in his dressing room, and he took part in a sketch as planned.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Michael B. Jordan shares Creed 3 poster, reveals new release date

Michael B. Jordan shares Creed 3 poster, reveals new release date
Michael B. Jordan shares Creed 3 poster, reveals new release date
Eli Ade

While the anticipation builds for the next installation of Creed, Creed 3Michael B. Jordan is giving fans a glimpse of what’s to come. 

Taking to Instagram Monday, the actor revealed first-look poster images of the film, one of which includes himself, the other features co-star Jonathan Majors

The post was shared with a simple caption — the movie’s new release date of March 3, 2023. Originally, the film was set to hit theaters this November.

Directed and produced by Jordan, Creed 3 is the third iteration of the Rocky spin-off series which stars the actor alongside returning castmates Tessa Thompson, Phylicia Rashad and Wood Harris.

The story follow Jordan’s character, Adonis Creed, who’s established a thriving career and family life. When boxing prodigy and former friend Damian, played by Majors, resurfaces after a long prison sentence, he’s eager to prove his presence in the ring. Adonis is forced to put his future on the line to battle Damian — a fighter with nothing to lose.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

“It’s almost time”: Mariah Carey provides Christmas update

“It’s almost time”: Mariah Carey provides Christmas update
“It’s almost time”: Mariah Carey provides Christmas update
Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for MC

Mariah Carey seemingly gave fans the go-ahead to begin thinking about Christmas.

The so-called Queen of Christmas took to Twitter to tease something festive and ominously captioned it, “It’s almost time…” She also shared a photo of her bathtub and an embossed bath mat embedded with her initials, but it’s the curious red robe draping off the steps that has fans humming with excitement.

Mariah followed up with a video of her in her bubble bath with her back turned to the camera, along with the word “but…” She’s wagging a finger as the sound of a clock ticks in the background.

She then finished the post trilogy with a cheeky video of her splashing in her bubble bath alongside the caption, “not yet.” In the video, she joyfully responds with “not yet” to a child asking if they can decorate the tree and listen to her smash hit “All I Want for Christmas Is You.”

Unfortunately, that’s all we have so far from Mariah regarding the holidays. Considering we haven’t even celebrated Halloween yet, she might be saving up for a big announcement once we get closer to Christmas.

Still, this is causing fans to celebrate that the self-professed Queen of Christmas is “thawing.”

In other Mariah news, she has her children’s book The Christmas Princess coming out in a few weeks. The book, which features “Little Mariah,” hits the shelves on November 1.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Greta Van Fleet postpones shows due to Josh Kiszka rupturing eardrum

Greta Van Fleet postpones shows due to Josh Kiszka rupturing eardrum
Greta Van Fleet postpones shows due to Josh Kiszka rupturing eardrum
ABC Audio

Greta Van Fleet has postponed three of the band’s upcoming shows due to frontman Josh Kiszka rupturing an eardrum.

In a statement posted to Twitter, Kiszka shares that he suffered the injury during GVF’s show in Bangor, Maine, earlier this month.

“Upon further evaluation I have just been advised it needs more time to heal than initially anticipated,” Kiszka writes. “I’m working closely with my team to ensure I get proper rest in order to finish out the year strong.”

The affected dates — which include stops scheduled for Raleigh, North Carolina, on Tuesday, October 18; Greenville, South Carolina, on Wednesday, October 19; and Jacksonville, Florida, on Friday, October 21 — are currently being rescheduled. Previously purchased tickets will be honored for the new dates, and refunds will also be available.

“I’m gutted to have to do this and I cannot begin to express how much I appreciate the love and support you give us every night,” Kiszka writes. “It’s devastating to make this announcement, but know it’s imperative in order to keep performing.”

“Thank you for sticking by us through thick and thin,” he adds. “I look forward to seeing all of your lovely faces soon.”

Kiszka’s condition adds to what’s already been a rough health year for Greta Van Fleet. Earlier this year, guitarist Jake Kiszka was hospitalized with pneumonia, forcing the band to postpone much of their spring U.S. tour. They also had to pull out of a European festival performance over the summer due to a band member contracting COVID-19.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Martin Short, Shania Twain and more added to cast of ABC’s ‘Beauty and the Beast: A 30th Celebration’

Martin Short, Shania Twain and more added to cast of ABC’s ‘Beauty and the Beast: A 30th Celebration’
Martin Short, Shania Twain and more added to cast of ABC’s ‘Beauty and the Beast: A 30th Celebration’
Martin Short/Caitlin Cronenberg — David Alan Grier/Etienne Laurent — Shania Twain/Alex Harbaugh

On Monday, ABC announced new additions to its animated/live-action special Beauty and the Beast: A 30th Celebration.

Martin Short will play the candlestick Lumière, it was announced, with Tony Award winner David Alan Grier added as Cogsworth the clock.

Shania Twain and Leo Abelo Perry will play the mother-son duo Mrs. Potts and Chip; Peacemaker‘s Rizwan Manji will tag along with Joshua Henry‘s Gaston as his sidekick, LeFou; and American Horror Story and Broadway vet Jon Jon Briones will play Belle’s loving father, Maurice.

As previously reported, H.E.R. will play the role of Belle, and Josh Groban will play the Beast.

EGOT winner and West Side Story legend Rita Moreno will serve as the narrator for the telecast, which will be produced by In The HeightsJon M. Chu.

Beauty and the Beast: A 30th Celebration will air December 15 at 8 p.m. on ABC and will be available to stream the next day on Disney+.

Disney is the parent company of ABC News.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

“Party of three”: Jon Pardi and wife Summer reveal the sex of their baby

“Party of three”: Jon Pardi and wife Summer reveal the sex of their baby
“Party of three”: Jon Pardi and wife Summer reveal the sex of their baby
ABC/Randy Holmes

Jon Pardi and his wife, Summer, are expecting a baby girl. 

Summer made the announcement on Instagram in a gender reveal that opens with a flashback to when she surprised Jon with the news and includes a clip of a sonogram.

Throughout the video, Summer is seen wearing various pink gowns and receiving a bouquet of pink roses from her husband. Summer also hands her husband a pink toy bunny, and he can be seen holding her baby bump. 

“Baby Pardi is a girl,” she writes at the end of the video against a pink backdrop, adding in the comments, “our little Pardi, party of three.” 

Summer also shared on her Instagram Stories that her friend threw together a gender reveal party last minute, where they unveiled the news to family and friends by popping a balloon that spewed pink confetti. 

The couple announced last month that they’re expecting their first child. The baby is due in February 2023. 

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Sam Smith announces their new album, ‘Gloria’, will arrive January 2023

Sam Smith announces their new album, ‘Gloria’, will arrive January 2023
Sam Smith announces their new album, ‘Gloria’, will arrive January 2023
Universal Music Group

Sam Smith has even more new music on the way. The singer surprised fans on Monday by unveiling their next studio album, Gloria.

The album, their fourth overall, is due out January 23.

“It feels like emotional, sexual and spiritual liberation. It was beautiful, with this album, to sing freely again. Oddly, it feels like my first-ever record. And it feels like a coming of age,” the singer said in a statement.

Sam also shared the album’s cover art on Instagram, which is a photo of them staring into the camera. While they aren’t wearing a shirt, Sam is wearing a dazzling earring of a ship anchor with an oval pearl attached on their left ear. 

The earring is most likely a representation of the name Sam has given their fans: sailors. “I’m feeling overwhelmed and emotional as I start to let go of Gloria and hand this work over to you. It has been magical in every way to make this piece of music and by giving this record to you I am giving you part of my heart and soul,” they expressed. “Gloria got me through some dark times and was a beacon for me in my life. I hope it can be that for you. Thank you for waiting so long.”

Gloria, the follow up of 2020’s Love Goes, promises more experimental music from Sam, with the release teasing it’s “the dazzling, sumptuous, sophisticated, unexpected and at times thrilling, edgy sound of Sam’s creative heart today.”

Sam has already begun releasing music from the forthcoming project, starting with “Love Me More” and the Kim Petras collab, “Unholy.”

Fans can start pre-ordering Gloria now on Sam’s official website. Those who advance order a digital copy of the album will be gifted Sam’s two new songs.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Is Billie Eilish dating The Neighbourhood singer Jesse Rutherford?

Is Billie Eilish dating The Neighbourhood singer Jesse Rutherford?
Is Billie Eilish dating The Neighbourhood singer Jesse Rutherford?
ABC

Billie Eilish may have a new beau. Paparazzi caught her holding hands with The Neighbourhood frontman Jesse Rutherford.

TMZ reports Billie was palling around with the “Sweater Weather” singer at Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights, and obviously, this has sparked some dating rumors. The two were seen leaving a maze hand-in-hand — a moment fans like @ghoulishjen on TikTok caught on video.

In addition, Jesse and Billie, as well her brother FINNEAS, all took to their socials to share photos of them hanging out at the theme park.

The posts have since caused fans to go digging; a few pointed out Billie was photographed with Jesse all the way back in August. Others found photos from 2017 — when Billie was around 15 — of the two at a Halloween party.

It’s uncertain how long these two have been a couple — or if they’re seriously dating at all — but fans are outraged over the 11-year age difference between the two singers.

Jesse is 31, while Billie is 20 — and fans have a big problem with that. The 2017 photos have only added more fuel for their outrage. Meanwhile, other fans have pointed out Billie is now an adult and is capable of making decisions for herself.

Despite the controversy, neither singer has responded to reports of their alleged relationship. Billie is notoriously private with her dating life, so it is unknown if she will ever confirm or deny the rumors.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

“I feel just like a rockstar”: Luke Bryan attends Post Malone’s show in Nashville

“I feel just like a rockstar”: Luke Bryan attends Post Malone’s show in Nashville
“I feel just like a rockstar”: Luke Bryan attends Post Malone’s show in Nashville
ABC/Connie Chornuk

Luke Bryan is a Post Malone fan. 

In between stops on his Raised Up Right Tour, the country superstar attended a concert as a fan when he went to see Post Malone Sunday night at Bridgestone in Nashville as part of his Twelve Carat Tour.

After the show, Luke went backstage and met the star, sharing photos on Instagram of the two hamming it up.

“@postmalone thanks for having me. What a show. Totally blew my mind. So fun being a fan for a night,” Luke says next to photos of him flashing a hang ten sign at the camera, while Malone holds up a peace sign. The second photo shows the two exchanging smiles. 

“UNREAL show. He’s the man,” comments fellow fan Travis Denning, who performed at Luke’s Crash My Playa event in 2019. 

Luke’s headlining trek continues through October 28. 

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.