Bow Wow is fully aware of the impression his career has had on hip-hop.
But for the fans who may not know of his contributions — by way of music, movies, hosting and more — his message is clear: “The proof is in the pudding.”
“For me to be 35 and headlining my own arena tour currently, packing them out, putting butts in the seats, I mean, it’s unreal,” the rapper told ABC Audio ahead of the premiere of his latest gig as host of the BET show After Happily Ever After.
“You know, I really don’t gotta pay attention to nothing. We won a Billboard Award for the Millennium Tour last year once they put me on it and we’re looking to go back to back again.”
With so many opportunities to juggle careerwise, Bow Wow said he doesn’t have much time to give to fans who might not recognize the decades’ worth of entertainment he’s put forth.
“The real GOATs never run around and parade that they’re the GOATs.” He added of his current Millennium: Turned Up Tour, “I don’t know nobody who has done two arena tours in one year and no new music and is packing out arenas. It’s unheard of.”
That alone, he said, confirms his musical legacy.
“I’m still one of the top, one of the rappers with the most #1 hits,” he said, adding, “You can just Wiki me, if you need to know.”
(NEW YORK) — Here are the scores from Sunday’s sports events:
MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL
AMERICAN LEAGUE PLAYOFFS
Houston 6, NY Yankees 5 (Houston wins 4-0)
NATIONAL LEAGUE PLAYOFFS
Philadelphia 4, San Diego 3 (Philadelphia wins 4-1)
NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION
Portland 106, LA Lakers 104
Charlotte 126, Atlanta 109
Utah 122, New Orleans 121 (OT)
Cleveland 117, Washington 107 (OT)
Minnesota 116, Oklahoma City 106
Golden State 130, Sacramento 125
Phoenix 112, LA Clippers 95
NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE
Chicago 5, Seattle 4
Columbus 5, NY Rangers 1
Florida 3, NY Islanders 2
Detroit 5, Anaheim 1
San Jose 3, Philadelphia 0
NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE
Baltimore 23, Cleveland 20
Carolina 21, Tampa Bay 3
Cincinnati 35, Atlanta 17
Dallas 24, Detroit 6
NY Giants 23, Jacksonville 17
Tennessee 19, Indianapolis 10
Washington 23, Green Bay 21
Las Vegas 38, Houston 20
NY Jets 16, Denver 9
Kansas City 44, San Francisco 23
Seattle 37, L.A. Chargers 23
Miami 16, Pittsburgh 10
MAJOR LEAGUE SOCCER
New York City FC 3, CF Montreal 1
Austin FC 2, FC Dallas 1
Classless Act has announced a new EP called Welcome to the Acoustic Show.
The five-track collection, due out December 16, features unplugged renditions of songs off the band’s debut album, Welcome to the Show, which dropped in June.
For a preview, you can listen to the acoustic version of the song “Classless Act” now via digital outlets and watch its accompanying video streaming now on YouTube.
The EP will be a fitting cap on an eventful 2022 for Classless Act. In addition to releasing their debut album, which features collaborations with Mötley Crüe‘s Vince Neil and The Darkness‘ Justin Hawkins, the rising rockers opened up for the “Kickstart My Heart” outfit over the summer on the U.S. Stadium Tour, which also featured Def Leppard, Joan Jett & the Blackhearts and Poison.
Meanwhile, frontman Derek Day made an appearance alongside Crüe members Nikki Sixx and Tommy Lee during Foo Fighters‘ Los Angeles tribute concert to the late Taylor Hawkins.
Along with the EP release, Classless Act will close out the year with a December tour alongside “Ramon Ayala” band Giovannie and the Hired Guns.
Luke Bryan has donned some crazy Halloween costumes over the years, and fortunately, his wife, Caroline, is here to document them all.
In case you’d forgotten the year the country superstar went as Buddy the Elf, Caroline posted a throwback shot of the costume on Friday, displaying Luke in all his Halloween glory: a curly wig, rosy blush on his cheeks and, of course, tight yellow leggings.
Caroline even included video of the night Luke wore the costume, showing him in an epic dance-off with a giant squirrel. “What a fun night!!” she wrote in the caption.
But that’s certainly not the only wacky Halloween costume the Bryans have dreamed up for Halloweens past. They’re also masters of the couple’s costume: One year, Luke dressed up as a giant nut, while Caroline was a squirrel. They wore gigantic ostrich costumes another year and even took slow motion video of their “ostrich race.”
But perhaps the cutest couple’s costume the Bryans ever wore was their matching Tweedledee and Tweedledum outfits, featuring Luke in an oversized bowtie and suspenders.
The country star couple have set the bar high in previous years, so keep an eye on their social channels to see what crazy outfits they dream up for 2022.
ebe Rexha‘s latest hit with David Guetta, “I’m Good (Blue),” is a reworking of the 1999 hit “Blue (Da Ba Dee)” by Eiffel 65. Reworking past hits seems to be a trend right now: We’ve got Elton and Britney‘s “Hold Me Closer,” a reworking of his songs “Tiny Dancer” and “The One;” Yung Gravy‘s “Betty (Get Money),” a reworking of Rick Astley‘s “Never Gonna Give You Up”; and Nicki Minaj‘s “Super Freaky Girl,” a reworking of Rick James‘ “Super Freak.” So if Bebe could rework any other classic hit, which would she choose?
“If I could redo a classic song and do it my way, and if there was no issues of clearances or anything, I’d probably do ‘Landslide‘ by Fleetwood Mac,” she tells ABC Audio. “Or I would do ‘Jolene‘ by Dolly Parton.”
“I’d probably do my own version of them … I wouldn’t want to take away from the original instrumentals, but I would maybe add a little bit more modern sounds to them,” Bebe explains. As for why she chose “Jolene,” a 1973 hit, Bebe says, “I just feel like it’s such an incredible record and just the storytelling.”
“I’m a very big fan of Dolly’s … she always spoke her mind,” Bebe adds. “I’m very inspired by her.”
As for “Landslide,” written in 1975 by Fleetwood Mac’s Stevie Nicks, Bebe says, “I just love how it’s about changing and life and growing … I definitely can relate to that a lot right now in my life.”
The 13-track collection features previously unheard studio tracks, demos, live performances and other unreleased gems from the late Who bassist’s solo career.
The compilation was produced by Steve Luongo, drummer of Entwistle’s side project the John Entwistle Band and his main collaborator in the group.
Luongo tells ABC Audio that Entwistle’s “devoted” fans had long asked him if there was any unreleased material in the archives, and, with this year marking the 20th anniversary of John’s death, he felt the time was right to put together a rarities compilation.
Luongo says the studio tracks featured on Rarities Oxhumed include “songs that we either didn’t release on any of the albums or alternate versions of those songs that might have been released, but with different lyrics or a different arrangement.”
Most of the songs on the compilation are alternate versions or mixes of tunes that appeared on Entwistle’s final solo album, 2000’s Music for Van-Pires, which features material recorded for the soundtrack of a late-’90s animated kids show called Van-Pires.
Among those tracks is “Bogey Man,” which actually dates back to the 1970s, and features late Who legend Keith Moon on drums.
Luongo recalls that when Entwistle first played him an early, unfinished version of “Bogey Man,” he realized it would be perfect “for a scary kid show,” and when John told him that Moon was on the track, he convinced Entwistle to find the original multi-track so they could complete it while keeping Keith’s drum parts.
As for the live tracks on the comp, Luongo says they were recorded during the John Entwistle Band’s final trek, which was called 2001: A Bass Odyssey.
Here’s the compilation’s full track list:
“Bogey Man”
“Darker Side of Night”
“I’ll Try Again Today”
“When You See the Light”
“Back on the Road”
“Left for Dead” (Alternate Version)
“I Wouldn’t Sleep with You”
“Don’t Be a Sucker”
“Life Goes On” (Demo)
“Where Ya Going Now” (Demo)
“Trick of the Light” (Live)
“Under a Raging Moon” (Live)
“Shakin’ All Over” (Live)
Black Adam, starring Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson as the titular super-powered villain, debuted with an estimated $67 million. Add the latest film in the extended DC Universe’s estimated $73 million overseas haul, and that brings its total first weekend earnings to $140 million.
The Julia Roberts–George Clooney reunion rom-com Ticket to Paradise also had a solid debut, beating expectations with an estimated $16.3 million second-place opening. The film, which bowed overseas in September, had already collected roughly $75 million, to bring its global tally to $96 million.
Smile took third place, delivering an estimated $8.4 million in its fourth week of release. The horror movie has racked up $84 million domestically to go along with $81.9 million internationally.
Last week’s box office champ, Halloween Ends, fell to fourth place in its second week of release with an estimated $8 million weekend. However, it should be noted that the supposed series finale, which has also been available for streaming on Peacock, grossed $82 million worldwide, versus a $30 million budget.
Rounding out the top five was Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile with an estimated $4.2 million during its third weekend. Overseas, the live-action-CGI comedy has grossed $8.4 million.
Elsewhere, Martin McDonagh’s The Banshees of Inisherin, starring Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson, grabbed an estimated $181 thousand from just four theaters, with an impressive $45,000 per-theater average. The film is set to expand to about a dozen theaters next weekend and 600-800 the following weekend.
(NEW YORK) — President Vladimir Putin’s declaration of martial law on Wednesday officially imposed it only in four occupied regions of Ukraine. But many experts said in reality Putin appeared to have laid the groundwork to apply a form of martial law across the whole of Russia, just under another name.
In his public address, Putin portrayed the martial law declaration as a technicality, limited to the Ukrainian regions he illegally annexed last month. But a second decree, published at the same time, also placed all of Russia’s other regions into various levels of increased “readiness.”
Under those readiness levels, powers were granted to local authorities that closely resemble some of those under martial law. It was still unclear how the powers will be applied in practice, but some experts said it meant Putin had imposed a form of martial law across all Russia.
“It creates legal basis to impose martial law across the country or parts of the country without actually declaring it,” Alexander Gabuev, a senior fellow at the Carnegie Institute for International Peace, told ABC News.
The most severe form outside the Ukrainian regions is in eight Russian regions neighboring Ukraine, where local administrations are granted powers to impose curfews, restrict movement, take over factories and transport, potentially apply censorship as well as order the temporary resettlement of people.
The regions are under a “form of martial lite,” Mark Galeotti, a veteran Russia analyst, wrote in the Spectator Magazine. “Vladimir Putin has just moved Russia one step closer to totalitarianism.”
Russia’s southern and central regions, including Moscow, have slightly fewer powers and the rest of the country marginally less.
The decrees grant governors the power to take any measures directed toward supporting Russia’s war effort, in theory giving them almost unlimited authority.
“What’s been declared is the right of the government to take any decision that seems to them necessary. Wherever, for whatever reason,” Gleb Pavlovsky, a former political advisor to Putin and now a political analyst, said in a recent interview.
For now, many regions have sought to reassure citizens the measures will not affect daily life. And most experts said it remained to be seen how they would be applied in practice.
But the move appeared to be an attempt by Putin to rescue his invasion in Ukraine after presenting it as a limited “Special Military Operation.”
The decrees’ primary goal, experts said, was to allow Russian authorities to mobilize resources needed to support the mass troop mobilization.
“I was waiting for this announcement. Their system can’t mobilize this many people without mobilizing state resources too. The state needs more resources directed to the military,” Dara Massicot, a senior policy researcher at RAND Corporation, wrote on Twitter.
The move also appeared to re-direct Russia’s economy toward supporting the war effort. It suggested the Kremlin is trying to ready Russia for a long war while also bracing for possible shocks to the political system coming from the battlefield, such as the likely loss of Kherson, Gabuev said.
“It looks like the Kremlin sees serious sources of worry,” he said. “Here the government really wants to be prepared.”
He added, “It’s significant and it shows the change in the estimate of how the war is going and what kind of mobilization internally first and foremost will be needed to kind of toughen it out and then ultimately win this war by the Kremlin’s definition.”
(KYIV, Ukraine) — The commander of Ukraine’s ground forces General Oleksandr Syrskiy, in an exclusive interview with ABC News’ Chief Foreign Correspondent Ian Pannell, said the world should be worried about Russian President Vladimir Putin’s threat to use nuclear weapons.
Late last month, Putin issued a thinly veiled threat that Russia would resort to using nuclear weapons in its war against Ukraine following a series of setbacks for Moscow on the battlefield.
“We are and should be worried,” Syrskiy told ABC News.
You can watch more of Ian Pannell’s full interview with General Oleksandr Syrskiy on ABC’s “Good Morning America” on Monday.
The Ukrainian general is confident that his country is winning the fight against Russia, despite the challenges of war.
“Of course, I think we are winning. Because first and foremost, we are winning the psychological battle,” Syrskiy said. “We have success on the battleground, but the war is difficult.”
Syrskiy, the commander of the Army of the Armed Forced of Ukraine, won the battle of Kyiv in the spring and the battle of Kharkiv in September. The successful surprise counteroffensive rapidly liberated thousands of square miles of occupied territory, forcing the Russians back towards their border.
Last month, Putin accused Ukraine of terrorism after an explosion destroyed parts of a bridge connecting occupied Crimea to Russia, a vital supply route for Russian forces.
“There hasn’t been any wars at that scale in Europe, or elsewhere in the world, since the Second World War. And we understand that this war is about the survival of our people and our state and this is why we have no other option but to win,” Syrskiy said.
(DALLAS) — A 30-year-old man recently paroled after serving a sentence for robbery, is facing capital murder charges stemming from a shooting at a Dallas medical center on Saturday that left two employees dead, including a nurse, officials said Sunday.
A suspect in the double homicide at Methodist Hospital in Dallas on Saturday was identified as Nestor Hernandez, law enforcement officials told ABC affiliate station WFAA in Dallas.
Hernandez was paroled on Oct. 20, 2021, after serving a prison sentence for aggravated robbery, a spokesperson for the Texas Department of Criminal Justice told ABC News.
“He was on parole with a special condition of electronic monitoring,” the spokesperson said.
Hernandez was granted permission to be at the hospital to be with his significant other during the delivery of their baby, the spokesperson said, adding that the state Office of Inspector General is working with Dallas Police as they investigate.
Police with the Methodist Health System and Dallas Police Department responded to reports of an active shooter at Methodist Dallas Medical Center around 11 a.m. Saturday.
A Methodist Health System police officer “confronted the suspect, and fired his weapon at the suspect, injuring him,” the hospital said in a statement. “The suspect was detained, stabilized, and taken to another local hospital.”
The names of the victims were not immediately released.
The shooting occurred near the medical center’s labor and delivery area, according to police.
A motive for the shooting has yet to be disclosed.
“The Methodist Health System family is heartbroken at the loss of two of our beloved team members,” Methodist Health System said in a statement. “Our entire organization is grieving this unimaginable tragedy.”
The investigation is ongoing, with Dallas police assisting the Methodist Health System police, the hospital confirmed.
Dallas Police Chief Eddie Garcia slammed the “broken” justice system for allowing the suspect out on the streets, where he could allegedly obtain a gun.
“I’m outraged along with our community, at the lack of accountability, and the travesty of the fact that under this broken system, we give violent criminals more chances than our victims.The pendulum has swung too far,” Garcia said in a statement he posted on Twitter.
Dr. Serena Bumpus, CEO of the Texas Nurses Association, issued a statement calling the shooting “unacceptable.”
“No person should fear for their life for merely going to work, especially a nurse or healthcare worker whose passion is to help others heal,” Bumpus said in statement. “We hope our legislators understand that we need to protect our healthcare workers.”
Bumpus also released statistics from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, showing workplace violence has increased during the pandemic, and the risk to nurses was three times greater than “all other professions.”
ABC News’ Lisa Sivertsen contributed to this report.