Def Leppard’s Phil Collen on tour with Mötley Crüe: It’s “like being at school with your best friends”

Def Leppard’s Phil Collen on tour with Mötley Crüe: It’s “like being at school with your best friends”
Def Leppard’s Phil Collen on tour with Mötley Crüe: It’s “like being at school with your best friends”
Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for Live Nation

Def Leppard is currently on the next leg of their joint world tour with Mötley Crüe, and their guitarist, Phil Collen, seems to be having a blast with them.

“It’s great. We’ve known ’em for years,” Collen shares in an interview with Radioacktiva Colombia. “It’s like being at school with all of your best friends. It’s really fun. We’ve got this airplane that all of us are on there. And it’s great.” 

Collen says the fact that both bands are still rocking “means more as you get older.” He explains, “There’s this thing being young … but there’s something about really doing it still later on that makes you — I don’t know — appreciate it more.” 

The Mötley Crüe/Def Leppard tour hits Lima, Peru, on Tuesday.

Copyright © 2023, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

‘Gang of 8’ to get briefed on Trump, Biden and Pence classified documents

‘Gang of 8’ to get briefed on Trump, Biden and Pence classified documents
‘Gang of 8’ to get briefed on Trump, Biden and Pence classified documents
Grant Faint/Getty Images

(WASHINGTON) — U.S. officials are expected to brief top congressional leaders on Tuesday about documents with classified markings that were in the possession of former President Donald Trump, President Joe Biden, and former Vice President Mike Pence.

The closed-door briefing to the so-called “Gang of Eight” — the top Republicans and Democrats currently in congressional leadership — is expected to provide more information on the nature of the documents, but officials are not expected to provide the documents themselves to congressional leaders, sources told ABC News.

The Senate Intelligence Committee had been pushing for a briefing from Director of National Intelligence Avril Haines about classified documents since the August search of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home.

Committee Chair Sen. Mark Warner and Ranking Member Sen. Marco Rubio have said the news of documents found at both Biden’s office and home, in addition to Pence’s Indiana home, increased the urgency for the briefing. And those on the intelligence panels, in particular, have been demanding access for weeks to the specific documents.

The briefing is expected to take place at 4 p.m. and it’s unclear whether any of the lawmakers will speak afterward.

Copyright © 2023, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

On This Day – February 28, 1983 – U2 releases their third studio album ‘War’

On This Day – February 28, 1983 – U2 releases their third studio album ‘War’
On This Day – February 28, 1983 – U2 releases their third studio album ‘War’

On this day, February 28, 1983…

U2 released their third studio album War, produced by Steve Lillywhite. The album, which is considered the band’s first overtly political record,  featured two future U2 classics, “Sunday Bloody Sunday” and “New Year’s Day,” which became the band’s first single to chart on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart.

The album became the band’s first U.K. number one, knocking Michael Jackson’s Thriller out of the top spot. In the U.S., it peaked at 12 on the Billboard 200 album chart, and went on to become the band’s first album to be certified Gold by the RIAA.

A remastered version of the album was released in July of 2008, including a deluxe version that featured a bonus CD made up of B-sides, live tracks and rarities.

Copyright © 2023, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Foo Fighters announce trio of US headlining shows

Foo Fighters announce trio of US headlining shows
Foo Fighters announce trio of US headlining shows
Medios y Media/Getty Images

Foo Fighters have announced a trio of U.S. headlining shows.

The newly added dates include stops in Gilford, New Hampshire, on May 24; Rogers, Arkansas, on June 14; and Pelham, Alabama, on June 16.

Tickets go on sale Friday, March 3, at 10 a.m. local time. For all ticket info, visit FooFighters.com.

The concerts mark the first headlining Foo Fighters shows of 2023, joining previously announced festival sets at Bonnaroo, Boston Calling and others. Dave Grohl and company are making their live comeback this year following the death of drummer Taylor Hawkins last March.

Copyright © 2023, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

The Alarm moving ‘Forwards’ with new album

The Alarm moving ‘Forwards’ with new album
The Alarm moving ‘Forwards’ with new album
Courtesy of The Alarm

The Alarm is back and ready to release new music. The band is set to drop the new album Forwards on June 2, and they’ve just dropped the title track.

The album comes after a year of frontman Mike Peters dealing with some major health issues, including a battle with pneumonia and a relapse of his leukemia.

“I literally took my guitar into [the] hospital with me,” Peters shares. “I was on the ward for such a long time, I started writing these songs in between IV sessions and the first people to hear the music were the very people who were trying to keep me alive.”

The result is 10 new life affirming songs. “I’ve been to places only deep suffering can take the human spirit and, in the darkness, I clung onto every piece of light I could find to work my way back to life,” Peters shares. “This was the energy that drove me to write and record Forwards.” 

The album will be released on both CD and vinyl, with two vinyl options available, a classic green and white star white vinyl edition, and a limited edition metallic green vinyl available only at independent record stores.

Here’s the track list for Forwards:

“Forwards”
“The Returning”
“Another Way”
“Love and Forgiveness”
“Next”
“Whatever”
“Transition”
“Love Disappearing”
“New Standards”
“X”

Copyright © 2023, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

New details revealed in Orlando shootings that killed three, including reporter

New details revealed in Orlando shootings that killed three, including reporter
New details revealed in Orlando shootings that killed three, including reporter
Orange County Sheriff’s Office

(ORLANDO, Fla.) — A new document reveals that a 9-year-old girl screamed, “He shot me!” after a gunman allegedly broke into her home and fatally shot her during a series of shootings in Orlando, Florida, that killed three and injured two.

Keith Moses, 19, was arrested last Wednesday in connection to the three shootings, the Orange County Sheriff’s Office said.

“The fact that he was smiling after killing a 9-year-old and killing two other innocent victims … just tells me he’s just a very evil, evil person and needs to go away for the rest of his life,” Orange County Sheriff John Mina said at a news conference Tuesday.

The first shooting claimed the life of 38-year-old Nathacha Augustin on Wednesday morning, authorities said. Moses’ cousin said he witnessed the shooting inside a car, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

Then, Spectrum News 13 reporter Dylan Lyons, 24, was shot and killed, and photojournalist Jesse Walden, 29, was shot and injured, while the journalists were near their car on Wednesday afternoon, the sheriff’s office said.

Walden later told police he and Lyons had just arrived on the scene to report about Augustin’s slaying when a gunman fired multiple shots at him, according to the new arrest warrant affidavit.

Walden, who was hospitalized in critical condition, was released from the hospital on Monday, Orlando ABC affiliate WFTV reported.

After Lyons and Walden were shot, 9-year-old T’yonna Major was gunned down in her nearby home, and T’yonna’s mother was shot and injured, according to the sheriff’s office.

T’yonna’s mother later told police she woke up to the sound of T’yonna screaming “He shot me!” according to the arrest warrant affidavit. T’yonna was shot twice in her torso, according to the affidavit.

The 9-year-old’s mother is expected to make a full recovery, the sheriff said.

No motive is known, the sheriff said.

Moses was initially charged with the first-degree murder of Nathacha Augustin, authorities said. He’s now facing additional charges, including the first-degree murders of Dylan Lyons and T’yonna Major and the attempted first-degree murders of Jesse Walden and T’yonna’s mother, according to the arrest warrant affidavit.

Copyright © 2023, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

For whom the Tik Toks: Metallica invites fans to duet on new song

For whom the Tik Toks: Metallica invites fans to duet on new song
For whom the Tik Toks: Metallica invites fans to duet on new song
Blackened Recordings

Let it be known that Metallica isn’t behind the times when it comes to social media.

The metal legends have taken to TikTok to tease a new song, presumably off their upcoming album, 72 Seasons. The clip features James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich and Robert Trujillo jamming together remotely while inviting fans to join them.

Metallica previously used TikTok to share a mash-up of Hetfield jamming “Master of Puppets” alongside the famed scene in Stranger Things featuring the song.

72 Seasons will be released on April 14. It includes the previously released songs “Lux Æterna” and “Screaming Suicide.”

Copyright © 2023, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Are Shawn Mendes and Sabrina Carpenter dating?

Are Shawn Mendes and Sabrina Carpenter dating?
Are Shawn Mendes and Sabrina Carpenter dating?
ABC/Randy Holmes

Has Shawn Mendes taken up with another female pop star/actress?

The singer, who used to date Camila Cabello, was spotted over the weekend in LA running errands with Sabrina Carpenter, the New York Post reports. The two weren’t holding hands or kissing, but photos show them looking very happy to be together.

The Post reports that the outing follows a rumor, allegedly posted by the celebrity gossip account Deuxmoi, that Shawn and Sabrina were seen together at an LA restaurant earlier this month looking “verrrry comfortable” and “clearly on a date.”

Fans are not OK after hearing the rumor and seeing the photos. One posted a number of “mind blown” emojis and noted, “If they are dating, the Internet will be broken.” Another posted the photos of them together and wrote, “Wait WHATTTT.” Still another tweeted, “Shawn Mendes and Sabrina Carpenter are WHAT??” along with the Spongebob “Get away from her!” meme.

The Sabrina rumor follows yet another rumor that Shawn is dating his chiropractor, Dr. Jocelyne Miranda: The two have been spotted together numerous times, including during a hike last week.

Copyright © 2023, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Wendy Williams shares plans for returning to TV

Wendy Williams shares plans for returning to TV
Wendy Williams shares plans for returning to TV
Rebecca Smeyne/Getty Images

Wendy Williams is apparently plotting her return to television.

After being spotted by paparazzi at a New York City PETCO, the longtime talkshow host gave an update on her current life plans.

“I’m shopping for kitty litter because I have a wax museum in Paris and one in California,” Williams said. “I’m going for a week in Paris and then three weeks in California and then immediately fly back.”

She added, “And then I want to be on TV, stuff like Seth Meyers, Joy Behar, Whoopi Goldberg, The View, stuff like that. I am formerly retired.”

Williams’ daytime talk show ended in 2022 after 13 years on air. Rumors circulated about why, including her battles with addiction and Graves’ Disease.

Shortly after the show’s final episode last June, which was hosted by fill-in host Sherri Shepherd, Williams posted an image of herself to her podcast’s Instagram with the caption, “When one door closes a LARGER one Opens!”

Williams subsequently went public about an ongoing battle over control of her finances.

Copyright © 2023, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Ed Sheeran breaks Australian ticket sales record

Ed Sheeran breaks Australian ticket sales record
Ed Sheeran breaks Australian ticket sales record
Joe Maher/Disasters Emergency Committee/Getty Images for Livewire Pictures Ltd

Ed Sheeran‘s always been huge in Australia, and now he’s cemented his popularity Down Under by breaking another record for concerts there.

Billboard reports that Ed’s show this Friday night at Australia’s Melbourne Cricket Ground set a new attendance record: He’s sold more than 107,000 tickets for it. His show Thursday night at the same venue has already sold more than 100,000 tickets, with more up for sale. Ed wrote on Instagram that these are “the biggest ticketed shows ever in Australian history.”

On the same post, Ed shared a video of himself toasting a statue of his late friend, Australian concert promoter Michael Gundinski, whose company is producing the Australian leg of the tour. Gudinski’s death inspired Ed’s song “Visiting Hours.”

As Billboard notes, Ed also set records the last time he toured in Australia, on his 2018 Divide tour. He sold more than 1 million tickets for the tour Down Under, smashing a record set by Dire Straits that had stood for more than 30 years. He also set a record for most stadium shows played in Australia — 18 — breaking a record previously set by Australian rockers AC/DC.

The North American leg of Ed’s current Mathematics tour starts May 6 in Arlington, Texas.

Copyright © 2023, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.