King of My Heart: Taylor Swift donates $1 million to charity in honor of father Scott Swift

King of My Heart: Taylor Swift donates  million to charity in honor of father Scott Swift
King of My Heart: Taylor Swift donates $1 million to charity in honor of father Scott Swift
Taylor Swift performs onstage at BC Place on December 6, 2024 in Vancouver, British Columbia. (Kevin Winter/TAS24/Getty Images for TAS Rights Management)

Taylor Swift‘s father Scott Swift underwent quintuple bypass surgery earlier this year. Now, in his honor, Taylor has made a $1 million donation to the American Heart Association

The charity acknowledged Taylor’s “generous gift” on its Instagram page, adding, “We remain “Fearless” in our relentless commitment to prevent heart disease and stroke. Every donation we receive is an honor.” 

In a statement, AHA CEO Nancy Brown said, “Taylor has long been associated with the symbol of heart hands. At the American Heart Association, we proudly use that same gesture to honor all who have been affected.”

She added, “My hope is that together we can raise our collective heart hands and drive meaningful change against this disease, shaping a healthier future for generations to come.”

During her August appearance on her fiancé Travis Kelce‘s New Heights podcast, Taylor spoke about her dad’s recovery from “really intense” surgery, which was done after several blockages were discovered via a stress test. 

“He wakes up from surgery, and it’s my mom, my brother, and me and his best friend. He did like a comedy act, a comedy set for 15 minutes,” Taylor recalled. “He was the funniest he’s ever been, and he’s usually really funny.”

“And it was kind of wild because it was like, very parent-child reversal in a lot of ways. My brother and my mom and I were each taking shifts in the ICU and staying with him 24/7,” Taylor continued. Then, she said her family “moved in” with Scott for the summer to take care of him during his recuperation.

“He was like the loveliest patient ever,” she said. “He just kept saying thank you over and over again.”

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Elton John celebrates platinum success of ‘Step Into Christmas’

Elton John celebrates platinum success of ‘Step Into Christmas’
Elton John celebrates platinum success of ‘Step Into Christmas’
Artwork for Elton John’s ‘Step Into Christmas’ (Mercury Records)

Elton John is feeling grateful at the continued success of his holiday track “Step Into Christmas.”

It was recently announced that the song, originally released way back in 1973, had been certified platinum in the U.S. and four-times platinum in the U.K. and now Elton has shared his thoughts on the feat in a new post on Instagram.

Posing next to a picture of his platinum plaques, Elton wrote, “A special Christmas present to me! Step Into Christmas has gone platinum in the US and 4× platinum in the UK.”

“To think a song released over 50 years ago is still part of so many people’s festivities (and even sat in the UK Top 10 again this year!) is very special,” he added. “Thank you to everyone who keeps stepping into Christmas, year after year!”

“Step Into Christmas” has re-entered Billboard‘s Holiday Airplay chart every year over the past decade and has returned to the U.K. singles chart every year since 2011. Last year, a new video was created for the song, starring Cara Delevingne as Elton.

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Delaware state trooper killed during shooting at DMV, suspect also dead: Authorities

Delaware state trooper killed during shooting at DMV, suspect also dead: Authorities
Delaware state trooper killed during shooting at DMV, suspect also dead: Authorities
Authorities respond to a shooting at a DMV in New Castle, Delaware, Dec. 23, 2025. WPVI

(DELAWARE) — A state trooper was killed during a shooting at a DMV location in Delaware on Tuesday, authorities said.

The suspected shooter is also dead, according to Delaware Gov. Matt Meyer.

Delaware State Police reported an active shooter at a DMV in New Castle on Tuesday afternoon. Police shortly updated that the situation was no longer active and that a suspect was in custody.

“One Delaware State Trooper has been confirmed killed during this incident. We are continuing to assess additional injuries,” Delaware State Police said.

The governor said that law enforcement “acted swiftly to secure the scene, and the shooter has been confirmed deceased.”

There is no active threat to the public at this time, Meyer said.

This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Massive fire erupts after apparent explosion at nursing home in Pennsylvania

Massive fire erupts after apparent explosion at nursing home in Pennsylvania
Massive fire erupts after apparent explosion at nursing home in Pennsylvania
Firefighters respond to a fire at the Silver Lake Nursing Home in Bristol, Pa., Dec. 23, 2025. WPVI

(BUCKS COUNTY, Pa.) — A massive fire has erupted at a nursing home in eastern Pennsylvania following a possible gas explosion, officials said.

The Upper Makefield Township police described it as a “mass casualty incident” at the Silver Lake Nursing Home and asked people to avoid the area in Bristol, which is about 25 miles northeast of Philadelphia.

It’s believed some people are trapped inside, according to an official briefed on the matter. Responders are trying to get everyone out safely and are investigating the cause of the explosion, the official said.

The scene remains active and those nearby should follow the direction of local authorities, Pennsylvania Gov. Josh Shapiro said in a post on X.

“I’ve been briefed on the incident at Silver Lake Nursing Home in Bucks County, and my Administration is in contact with local officials and first responders on the ground,” Shapiro said.

“Please join Lori and me in praying for the Bristol community,” he said.

This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Kendrick and SZA have highest-grossing rap tour of 2025

Kendrick and SZA have highest-grossing rap tour of 2025
Kendrick and SZA have highest-grossing rap tour of 2025
Grand National Tour poster (Andre D. Wagner)

Coldplay may have had the highest-grossing tour of 2025 overall, but when broken down by genre, Kendrick Lamar and SZA claimed the #1 spot in rap.

Billboard released its list of the top 10 tours from Oct. 1, 2024, through Sept. 30, 2025, based on Boxscore data. K.Dot and SZA’s Grand National Tour grossed $369 million worldwide across 42 shows, which spanned Europe, North America and South America.

Tyler, The Creator followed closely behind with the second-highest-grossing rap tour: His Chromakopia World Tour, during which he also filmed Marty Supreme, earned $174.5 million. The trek included 98 shows across the U.S. and Canada, Europe, Oceania and Asia, and sold a total of 1.3 million tickets.

Rounding out the top three was Nelly. His Where The Party At Tour brought in $44.9 million from 51 shows held across Australia, Europe and North America.

Other outings featured in the top 10 include $uicideboy$’s Grey Day Tour, Travis Scott’s Circus Maximus Tour, Wu-Tang Clan’s The Final Chamber, NBA YoungBoy’s Make America Slime Again Tour, Don Toliver’s Psycho Tour, Rod Wave’s Last Lap Tour and The Redemption Experience, and Central Cee’s Can’t Rush Greatness World Tour.

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Soundgarden reflects on connection to ‘Spinal Tap’ in tribute to Rob Reiner

Soundgarden reflects on connection to ‘Spinal Tap’ in tribute to Rob Reiner
Soundgarden reflects on connection to ‘Spinal Tap’ in tribute to Rob Reiner
Soundgarden at 2025 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony. (Disney/Frank Micelotta)

Soundgarden has shared a tribute to late director Rob Reiner while reflecting on their connection to his film This Is Spinal Tap.

The beloved mockumentary was about a fictional band called Spinal Tap, which went on tour for real in 1984 after the film came out earlier that year. The tour concluded in Soundgarden’s hometown of Seattle, where the Tap left behind a giant skull that they’d been traveling with.

Pearl Jam‘s Jeff Ament accessed the prop, repaired it, and provided it to Soundgarden for their show at the Seattle Bumbershoot Festival of 1990!” Soundgarden shares in an Instagram post.

The post also includes an excerpt from Reiner’s book A Fine Line Between Stupid and Clever: The Story of Spinal Tap, in which actor Michael McKean, who plays Tap frontman David St. Hubbins, claims that “Spinal Tap invented grunge” by leaving the skull behind in Seattle.

“Did Spinal Tap invent grunge?” Soundgarden writes. “Well, Rob Reiner did warm our hearts and make us laugh with his stories and characters. Their charm, wit and insight certainly gave inspiration to the genre and to generations that followed.”

Reiner and his wife, Michele Singer Reiner, were found dead in their Los Angeles home on Dec. 14. Their son, Nick Reiner, has been arrested for murder.

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Trump, ramping up pressure on Maduro, says it would be ‘smart’ for Venezuelan leader to step down

Trump, ramping up pressure on Maduro, says it would be ‘smart’ for Venezuelan leader to step down
Trump, ramping up pressure on Maduro, says it would be ‘smart’ for Venezuelan leader to step down
U.S. President Donald Trump announced the creation of the “Trump-class” battleship during a statement to the media at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate on December 22, 2025 in Palm Beach, Florida. Trump announced the new class of ship will become the centerpiece of his “Golden Fleet” program to rebuild and strengthen the U.S. shipbuilding industry. (Photo by Tasos Katopodis/Getty Images)

(FLORIDA) — President Donald Trump is continuing to ratchet up pressure on Venezuelan President Nicholas Maduro, saying it would be “smart” for him to step down and warning him not to play “tough.”

Trump, taking reporter questions at his Mar-a-Lago club in Florida on Monday evening, was directly asked if his administration’s ultimate goal in Venezuela is to force Maduro from power.

“Well, I think it probably would. I can’t tell him. That’s up to him what he wants to do. I think it would be smart for him to do that. But again, we’re going to find out,” Trump said.

At the same time, Trump issued a warning to Maduro.

“He can do whatever he wants, it’s alright, whatever he wants to do. If he wants to do something, if he plays tough, it’ll be the last time he’s ever able to play tough,” Trump said.

The president added, “We have a massive armada for him. The biggest we’ve ever had and by the far the biggest we’ve ever had in South America.”

The U.S. has built up its military presence in the region in recent weeks, with 15,000 U.S. troops and several warships standing ready in the Caribbean.

Trump last week also ordered what he called a “complete blockade” of all sanctioned oil tankers going into and out of Venezuela, targeting the government’s main source of revenue.

Maduro said Venezuela would continue to trade oil in the face of the “blockade,” and has said regime change “will just not happen, never, never, never.”

Separately, since September, the U.S. military has launched dozens of strikes on vessels in the Caribbean Sea and Pacific Ocean allegedly carrying drugs. These strikes have killed more than 100 people, according to numbers provided by the administration. The strikes have several raised legal questions from lawmakers of both parties and legal experts, though the administration’s justified the use of lethal force as part of what it calls its “war” on drug cartels.

“We’ll be starting the same program on land,” Trump said on Monday. “The land is much easier.”

While Trump continued to tease that land strikes on Venezuela, he also took it a step further and threatened land strikes on other countries.

“Anywhere drugs are pouring in. Anywhere, not just Venezuela,” Trump said when asked if he was only referring to Venezuela land strikes.  

ABC News’ Alexandra Hutzler contributed to this report.

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Ariana Grande thanks Barbra Streisand for making ‘my day, my year, my life!’

Ariana Grande thanks Barbra Streisand for making ‘my day, my year, my life!’
Ariana Grande thanks Barbra Streisand for making ‘my day, my year, my life!’
Ariana Grande and Barbra Streisand perform in Chicago, August 2019 (Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for BSB)

Ariana Grande is one of the special guests on Barbra Streisand‘s Grammy-nominated album The Secret of Life: Partners, Volume Two and on Tuesday, she blew Ari’s mind by gushing over her in an Instagram post.

“Ariana is a young woman with an amazing talent. She has a beautiful voice like no one else, and so much more,” Streisand wrote. “She can act, she can dance, she can be funny! She’s also sweet, kind and thoughtful. I’m very proud of you Ariana and thanks for singing with me on my album… Big hug, Barbra.”

The diva then added, “P.S. you were wonderful on Saturday Night Live and looked so pretty @arianagrande!”

In the comments, Ari wrote, “Barbra !!!!!!!! what !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my goodness, thank you so much for this kindest surprise today! you made my day, my year, my life!”

She continued, “this means so much, coming from you. i just love you so. i miss you and i hope i get to hug you soon… all my love and appreciation. thank you.”

In addition to being gifted singers and actresses, Barbra and Ari also have something else in common: They’ve both starred in Meet the Parents sequels. Ari just finished filming hers, Focker-In-Law, while Barbra appeared in Meet the Fockers and Little Fockers.

The Secret of Life, which also features guest appearances by artists ranging from Mariah Carey, Paul McCartney and Bob Dylan, to Hozier, Laufey and Sam Smith, is nominated for best traditional pop album at the upcoming Grammys in February.

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Sam Fender shares ‘I’m Always on Stage’ video featuring Australia tour footage

Sam Fender shares ‘I’m Always on Stage’ video featuring Australia tour footage
Sam Fender shares ‘I’m Always on Stage’ video featuring Australia tour footage
Sam Fender on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’ (Disney/Randy Holmes)

Sam Fender has premiered the video for his song “I’m Always on Stage.”

The clip features footage from the “Seventeen Going Under” artist’s recent tour of Australia, which wrapped up in November. You can watch it streaming now on YouTube.

“I’m Always on Stage” is a bonus track included on the deluxe version of Fender’s new album, People Watching, which was released earlier in December. The expanded set also includes the Elton John collaboration “Talk to You.”

The original People Watching, which was released in February, won the 2025 Mercury Prize.

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Paul McCartney tops ‘Billboard’ Boxscore, plus The Beatles drop new holiday yule log

Paul McCartney tops ‘Billboard’ Boxscore, plus The Beatles drop new holiday yule log
Paul McCartney tops ‘Billboard’ Boxscore, plus The Beatles drop new holiday yule log
Sir Paul McCartney performs at The O2 Arena during his ‘Got Back’ world tour on December 18, 2024 in London, England. (Photo by Jim Dyson/Getty Images)

Paul McCartney has landed on top the Billboard Boxscore for November thanks to his Got Back tour.

The Beatles legend tops the chart after bringing in $51.7 million from sales of 150,000 tickets for 11 shows. The latest leg of the tour kicked off Sept. 29 in Palm Desert, California, and wrapped Nov. 25 in Chicago.

This is the second time McCartney’s Got Back tour earned him the #1 spot on the list. The tour previously topped the Billboard Boxscore in May of 2022.

McCartney’s Got Back tour, which initially launched in April of 2022 and has included shows in 2023, 2024 and 2025, has brought $410.7 million overall, with 2.4 million tickets sold.

In other news … The Beatles are helping fans get in the Christmas spirit with the YouTube release of The Beatles Holiday Yule Log (Merry Crimble) featuring classic Beatles tracks. The video features an image of roaring fire, with Christmas stockings hung on the mantel for McCartney, George Harrison, John Lennon and Ringo Starr. There’s also a turntable with pictures of the band members and presents wrapped in Beatles wrapping paper.

According to the description, “this video is made to be left on all holiday long, whether you are relaxing, seeing friends and family, or simply letting it play in the background while you do nothing at all.”

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.