Adam Levine couldn’t keep his hands to himself at the Vanity Fair Oscar after-party on Sunday, where he was seen loving all over wife Behati Prinsloo.
Page Six reports the couple made their first red carpet appearance since the Maroon 5 singer was accused of infidelity for allegedly sending flirty messages to models. Adam rocked a new look for the public outing, sporting a platinum buzzcut and a face full of stubble. He wore a black tuxedo, which complemented Behati’s shimmering dress.
Throughout the night, Adam was seen putting an arm around his wife, who recently gave birth to their third child, and giving her sweet kisses. The couple have yet to announce the name or gender of their third child.
Another person turned heads at the same party for barely showing his face — Justin Bieber. Page Six says the singer didn’t walk the red carpet with his wife, Hailey Bieber, and instead quietly slipped into the party via a back entrance.
The two were photographed leaving the party together.
The outlet says the singer appeared to be wearing a blanket, which wouldn’t be the first time he did that. In January, Justin threw on a colorful crochet blanket and wore it to a West Hollywood sushi restaurant during a date night with Hailey.
That particular outing sparked the phrase “couch couture.”
“Welcome to the Jungle” that is the movie production business, Slash.
The Guns N’ Roses guitarist has started a horror movie production company called BerserkerGang, reports Variety. In a statement issued to Variety, Slash says, “I’ve always been a huge horror fan, especially going back to the days when horror movies actually scared the hell out of you. I want to get into the heart of the producing business so I can try and make movies that I’d like to see.”
Prior to starting the company, Slash and his partners in the venture teamed up on a movie called The Breach, for which Slash was a composer and executive producer. That movie is scheduled to be released later this year.
According to Variety, details of BerskerGang’s first project may be announced in May at the Cannes Film Festival.
One of Slash’s partners, Rodrigo Gudiño, said in a statement, “The company slogan is ‘Films Forged in Fury,’ if that’s any indication of where we plan on venturing.”
The Rolling Stones are being accused of ripping off another songwriter. The U.K.’s Classic Rock magazine reports that New Orleans songwriter Sergio Garcia Fernandez has filed a lawsuit in Louisiana claiming the Stones “misappropriated many of the recognizable and key protected elements” of two of his tracks for their 2020 single “Living In A Ghost Town.”
The songs in question are 2006’s “So Sorry” and 2007’s “Seed of God,” with Fernandez claiming he gave a demo CD with the songs to somebody in Mick Jagger’s family.
The suit also claims “Ghost Town,” which was the Stones’ first original song in eight years, copies the “vocal melodies, the chord progressions, the drum beat patterns, the harmonica parts, the electric bass line parts, the tempos, and other key signatures” from “So Sorry,” as well as the “harmonic and chord progression and melody” from “Seed of God.”
So far The Rolling Stones have not commented on the lawsuit.
(NEW YORK) — March Madness fans rejoice: Selection Sunday is now behind us and we now know the 68 teams that will be participating in this year’s NCAA men’s basketball tournament.
The competition kicks off on Tuesday, March 14, with the First Four in Dayton, Ohio. The first round of the tournament will then begin on Thursday.
ABC News’ Will Reeve appeared Monday on Good Morning America previewing everything you need to know about this year’s March Madness:
It appears Drake is a man of his word. The rapper teased a tour with 21 Savage on his SiriusXM Sound 42 radio program Table for One and during his sold-out Madison Square Garden shows, and now, he’s come out with the official announcement.
Titled It’s A Blur Tour, the trek is produced by Live Nation and presented by Cash App, Visa and Sprite. It will see Drake and his Her Loss collaborator go on a 29-date run across the U.S., making stops in cities including Chicago, New York, Miami and Los Angeles. The tour kicks off June 16 at the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans and wraps September 5 at the Desert Diamond Arena in Glendale, Arizona.
Tickets go on sale to the general public March 17 at 12 p.m. local time on drakerelated.com, but before then, there will be some presales. A presale for Cash App card holders runs March 15 at 12 p.m. through March 16 at 10 p.m. Sprite will also have a presale, from March 16 at 12 p.m. local time until 10 p.m; fans can sign up for Sprite emails to gain access to that presale.
The It’s A Blur Tour follows the November release of Drake and 21 Savage’s Her Loss album. It marks Drake’s first headlining run since 2018’s Aubrey & the Three Migos Tour in 2018; 21 concluded The Off-Season Tour with co-headliner J. Cole last year.
(WASHINGTON) — The Federal Reserve, Treasury Department and Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation announced Sunday that they will make additional funding available to ensure all Silicon Valley Bank deposits, both insured and uninsured, will be paid in full.
“After receiving a recommendation from the boards of the FDIC and the Federal Reserve, and consulting with the President, Secretary [Janet] Yellen approved actions enabling the FDIC to complete its resolution of Silicon Valley Bank, Santa Clara, California, in a manner that fully protects all depositors,” the said in a joint statement. “Depositors will have access to all of their money starting Monday, March 13. No losses associated with the resolution of Silicon Valley Bank will be borne by the taxpayer.”
The Fed also announced it will make additional funding available to “to eligible depository institutions to help assure banks have the ability to meet the needs of all their depositors.”
Silicon Valley Bank, the 16th largest bank in the country, failed on Friday and was taken over by the FDIC, after a run on the bank Wednesday and customers withdrew $42 billion of deposits by the end of Thursday. SVB mostly served technology workers and startups, including some of Silicon Valley’s biggest names, such as Roku.
The trio also announced Sunday a “similar systemic risk exception” for New York-based Signature Bank, “which was closed today by its state chartering authority,” according to the joint statement. “All depositors of this institution will be made whole. As with the resolution of Silicon Valley Bank, no losses will be borne by the taxpayer.”
“Shareholders and certain unsecured debtholders will not be protected,” the statement read. “Senior management has also been removed. Any losses to the Deposit Insurance Fund to support uninsured depositors will be recovered by a special assessment on banks, as required by law.”
President Joe Biden issued a statement Sunday on his administration’s action to protect depositors at both banks, expressing his approval for the actions but stressing he will hold those responsible for “this mess” accountable for their actions.
“Over the weekend, and at my direction, the Treasury Secretary and my National Economic Council Director worked diligently with the banking regulators to address problems at Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank,” Biden said. “I am pleased that they reached a prompt solution that protects American workers and small businesses, and keeps our financial system safe. The solution also ensures that taxpayer dollars are not put at risk.”
“The American people and American businesses can have confidence that their bank deposits will be there when they need them,” the president added. “I am firmly committed to holding those responsible for this mess fully accountable and to continuing our efforts to strengthen oversight and regulation of larger banks so that we are not in this position again.”
A senior Treasury official and Federal Reserve officials on calls with reporters Sunday night insisted these moves to pay the deposits of Silicon Valley Bank are not a bailout.
The officials stressed that the funds used to pay depositors of Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank will come from the FDIC’s Deposit Insurance Fund (DIF). The DIF is funded by fees on banks, and then from earnings on their investments such as Treasury securities, and currently has more than $100 billion in it, according to officials.
“The Deposit Insurance Fund is bearing the risk. This is not funds from the taxpayer,” a senior Treasury official said.
The senior Treasury official also stressed that taxpayers are not paying for these moves — the banks’ shareholders are.
“The bank’s equity and bondholders are being wiped out. They took a risk as owners of the securities, they will take the losses,” the senior Treasury official said.
Officials were repeatedly pressed by reporters on if these moves on Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank would establish a precedent to cover uninsured funds and leave taxpayers vulnerable in the future if FDIC funds were not sufficient.
“Right now, we are very focused on addressing the current issue and taking care of the current system and stabilizing the banking systems — or the uninsured, and assuring uninsured depositors that they will be made whole. But I do think we will be looking back with time and reassess and assess whether any changes should be made,” the senior Treasury official said.
Regulators took the unusual step of designating both Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank as “systemic risks” to the financial system, a designation that has not been used since 2008.
“I’m grateful that the Federal regulators have taken steps to do just that, and I hope that these actions will provide increased confidence in the stability of our banking system,” New York Gov. Kathy Hochul said in a statement. “Many depositors at these banks are small businesses, including those driving the innovation economy, and their success is key to New York’s robust economy.”
Sen. Mark Warner, D-Va., told told ABC News’ This Week co-anchor Martha Raddatz earlier Sunday, “Let’s see what happens today,” pumping the breaks on a potential SVB bailout.
“I know I’ve been in conversations with the regulators, the administration, the Fed; the best outcome will be can they find a buyer for this SVB bank today before the markets open in Asia later in the day. That would be the best making sure that depositors — remember that shareholders in the bank are going to lose their money, let’s be clear about that — but the depositors can be taken care of. And the best outcome will be an acquisition of SVB,” he said.
“Let me be clear that during the financial crisis, there were investors and owners of systemic large banks that were bailed out, and we’re certainly not looking. And the reforms that have been put in place mean that we’re not going to do that again. But we are concerned about depositors and are focused on trying to meet their needs,” Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said on CBS’ Face the Nation Sunday.
The 31st annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Awards Viewing Party raised a whopping $9 million for the ongoing global effort to end AIDS.
Sir Elton returned to host this year’s event in Los Angeles on Sunday night after missing out on last year’s festivities due to a scheduling conflict. The event was co-hosted by his husband, David Furnish, with special guests Eric McCormack and Michaela Jaé Rodriguez, and raised the milestone amount of money for the foundation.
Singer Rina Sawayama serenaded the star-studded crowd with performances of her songs “Minor Feelings,” “Hold The Girl” and “This Hell.” Elton also joined her onstage for a resounding duet of “Chosen Family,” a song that was featured on his compilation album The Lockdown Sessions.
Elton said in a statement, “I’m delighted to have reunited with all of my friends tonight after such a long time apart and better yet, to have raised over $9 million for the fight against AIDS. … We mustn’t forget that HIV is still causing needless suffering around the world and we must protect those most vulnerable to this disease with testing and compassionate care.”
“We can see an end to AIDS in our lifetimes, but first we must break down stigma and discrimination and provide equal access to healthcare to finally end the epidemic for everyone, everywhere,” he continued.
Furnish explained in his own statement the money raised will “help us continue HIV and AIDS prevention and care programs across the world, save millions of lives and help countless people to have a brighter future.”
Among the attendees were Brooke Shields, Donatella Versace, Heidi Klum, Smokey Robinson, country superstar Maren Morris, Bridgerton alum Regé-Jean Page and Sharon Osbourne.
The first teaser for Only Murders in the Building‘s third season arrived Sunday, which shared a first look at Meryl Streep joining the Hulu comedy. The clip also provided a look at Paul Rudd, who made a cameo in the season two finale. A release date for the show’s third season was not announced…
Abbott Elementary creator Quinta Brunson will make her Saturday Night Livehosting debut on April 1. She will be joined by musical guest Lil Yachty…
Elizabeth Banks is lending her voice to a new adult comedy animated series for The Flintstones. The revival, titled Bedrock, stars an adult Pebbles that will be voiced by Banks and has been greenlit for a pilot presentation. Deadline reports other names attached to the series include Stephen Root as Fred, Amy Sedaris as Wilma, Manny Jacinto as Bamm-Bamm, Nicole Byer as Betty and Jo Lo Truglio as Barney. The series takes place two decades after the original series, when the Stone Age gives way to the Bronze Age…
Netflix reportedly acquired the 22-page sci-fi thriller short story I Am Not Alone for an on-screen adaptation. Deadline says the streamer spent either a high six figures or mid seven figures at auction, elbowing out five other bidders including Warner Bros. The deal includes Lovecraft Country‘s Misha Green to pen the script and will star Jessica Chastain…
Elizabeth Olsen teased a potential return to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Deadline asked her about the upcoming Disney+ series, Agatha: Coven of Chaos, which stars her character Wanda Maximoff’s nemesis. Olsen replied, “I think I’ll be back.” The upcoming series stars Kathryn Hahn’s Agatha, who debuted in the Disney+ series WandaVision. Marvel Studios is owned by Disney, parent company of ABC News…
(NEW YORK) — Former President Donald Trump has “no plans” to participate in a Manhattan grand jury investigation into a hush money payment to porn star Stormy Daniels, Trump attorney Joe Tacopina told George Stephanopoulos Monday on ABC’s Good Morning America.
“We have no plans on participating in that proceeding,” Tacopina said. “Decision needs to be made still. There’s been no deadline set, so we’ll wait and see.”
The Manhattan district attorney’s office has been investigating whether Trump falsified business records in connection with a $130,000 payment Trump’s former attorney Michael Cohen made to Daniels before the 2016 election, which prosecutors allege was to keep her from talking about a long-denied affair, sources familiar with the matter have told ABC News.
The DA’s office informed Trump last week of his right to testify before a grand jury in the probe, a possible signal that the DA is moving toward a charging decision.
Tacopina said another Trump attorney, Susan Necheles, who is leading the case, has met with prosecutors.
Asked if he expects an indictment for Trump, Tacopina said, “I expect justice to prevail. If that’s the case, George, there shouldn’t be an indictment.”
“Clearly this prosecutor and his prosecutors’ office has … an agenda,” he said. “They’ve scoured his personal life and business life for seven years to try to find something.”
Tacopina framed the funds as an extortion payment, and repeatedly said the payment was not directly related to Trump’s campaign.
“I don’t know since when we’ve decided to start prosecuting extortion victims,” Tacopina said. “He’s vehemently denied this affair, but he had to pay money because there was going to be an allegation that was going to be publicly embarrassing, regardless of the campaign.”
Asked if the payment was properly noted in the Trump Organization records, or if a false record was made saying it was for legal representation, Tacopina said, “There was absolutely no false records made, to my knowledge.”
“It’s not a contribution to his campaign,” Tacopina said. “He made this with personal funds to prevent something coming out false but embarrassing to himself and his family’s young son. That’s not a campaign finance violation, not by any stretch.”
Maybe Machine Gun Kelly should stick to his day job.
Over the weekend, MGK and his pal Mod Sun “won” the Golden Raspberry — aka Razzie — Award for Worst Director, for their movie Good Mourning. The 43rd Annual Razzies celebrate the worst in movies each year.
Good Mourning is a comedy about a movie star who has to choose between true love and an amazing starring role. The film, in which MGK and Mod also starred, has a 0% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. In addition to the Razzie for Worst Directing, it was also nominated for Worst Actor, Worst Supporting Actor nomination, Worst Couple, Worst Screenplay and Worst Picture.
Meanwhile ThirtySeconds to Mars front man and actor Jared Leto won his second Razzie in two years: Worst Actor, for his much-maligned movie Morbius. Last year, he was named Worst Supporting Actor for his role in House of Gucci.
But Jared, Mod and MGK are in good company: Other Razzie “winners” this year include Tom Hanks for his role in the Oscar-nominated film Elvis.