Megan Thee Stallion launches her first Popeyes restaurant as franchise owner

Megan Thee Stallion launches her first Popeyes restaurant as franchise owner
Megan Thee Stallion launches her first Popeyes restaurant as franchise owner
Megan Thee Stallion walks the runway at Hot Girl Summer by Megan Thee Stallion during Paraiso Miami Swim Week at The Paraiso Tent on May 29, 2025, in Miami Beach, Florida. (Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images for Hot Girl Summer)

Megan Thee Stallion has officially begun her run as a Popeye’s franchise owner, opening her first restaurant in South Beach, Miami.

She shared a video on Instagram documenting her visit to the location, including her reaction to the space. The clip shows Megan touring the restaurant, meeting each member of the staff and addressing the team in a brief speech.

“This is gonna be the best experience for me, and I hope it’s gonna be a good experience for y’all cuz I’ma be coming up in here and I’ma be acting fool,” she said. “I hope this is a fun job. I hope everyone is having a blast. This is the first Megan Thee Stallion Popeyes. I just want to lead with love. I want everybody to lead with kindness. That’s my main thing. I don’t like that mean s***.”

Elsewhere in the video, the chef cooks in the kitchen, the cashier takes orders and Meg attempts to pack a customer’s meal. When someone asks to speak to the manager, Megan pops out from the back and replies, “How can I help you?”

Meg first teased the location in April as the Miami building was under construction. The opening marks the latest chapter in her partnership with Popeyes, following the launch of her Hottie Sauce and the Animegan collection.

“Prepping Thee Hot Staff before THEE OFFICIAL FIRST EVER MEGAN THEE STALLION POPEYES OPENED. I’m so excited, so proud, and I just feel so much gratitude! Hottiessss I’m officially a franchise owner,” she writes. “Come to South Beach Miami and dine with us.”

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Mgk releases ‘Tickets to My Downfall’-era song ‘times of my life’

Mgk releases ‘Tickets to My Downfall’-era song ‘times of my life’
Mgk releases ‘Tickets to My Downfall’-era song ‘times of my life’
Mgk on ‘Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2021.’ (ABC/Jeff Neira)

Mgk has released a new song called “times of my life.”

If you’re an mgk die-hard, then you may have already heard a version of “times of my life.” The track dates back to the sessions for mgk’s 2020 album, Tickets to My Downfall, and a recording that leaked online.

Back in 2020, mgk said that “times of my life” was left off the original Tickets track list due to a “similarity” between the recording and an unnamed Tom Petty song, which the estate of the late Rock & Roll Hall of Famer elected to not clear.

The official “times of my life” was written, produced and recorded with frequent mgk collaborator Travis Barker. You can watch its accompanying video on YouTube.

By the way, in the video mgk is wearing a shirt that says “Don’t think twice it’s all right,” a possible reference to the Bob Dylan song of the same name. Dylan previously narrated the trailer for mgk’s latest album, 2025’s lost americana.

Mgk’s tour in support of lost americana will return to the U.S. in May.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Alex Van Halen reveals plans to record music with Toto’s Steve Lukather

Alex Van Halen reveals plans to record music with Toto’s Steve Lukather
Alex Van Halen reveals plans to record music with Toto’s Steve Lukather
Drummer Alex Van Halen of Van Halen performs during the 2015 Billboard Music Awards at MGM Grand Garden Arena on May 17, 2015 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)

Sounds like Alex Van Halen may be getting back to music.

In an interview with Iron Maiden drummer Nicko McBrain on his Metal Sticks podcast, Alex revealed that he is about to work on music with Toto’s Steve Lukather.

“I’m getting ready to do this record with Lukather and a couple of other people,” he said. “It should be exciting.”

While Alex didn’t share any other details about what he and Steve are going to be working on, back in March Steve cleared up speculation that he was going to be recording a possible new Van Halen album with Alex.

That speculation began after the Dutch outlet De Telegraaph claimed Alex had asked Steve to finish some unreleased Van Halen material.

But Steve took to social media to clear up any confusion, writing in a comment to his Jan. 26 birthday tribute to Eddie Van Halen, “I think there is a huge misunderstanding. I will NOT EVER play a guitar note on a VH song ever!”

“Al asked me to help him go thru a ton of unfinished recordings of Al and Ed writing and recording that never saw the light of day. As of now thats [sic] all I got,” he noted. “The fact that ANYONE would think for even a second that I would play anything on this is ridiculous. I have too much love and respect for that and … I play nothing like Ed.. more as a co-producer or something. I am honored Al would ask me though.”

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Paul Mescal says he’ll work less before Beatles biopics: ‘People will get a break from me’

Paul Mescal says he’ll work less before Beatles biopics: ‘People will get a break from me’
Paul Mescal says he’ll work less before Beatles biopics: ‘People will get a break from me’
Paul Mescal attends the photocall for the ‘Hamnet’ Photography Exhibition at Tristan Hoare Gallery on Dec. 16, 2025, in London, England. (Jeff Spicer/Getty Images)

Paul Mescal is looking forward to taking a break.

The actor, who stars as William Shakespeare in the new film Hamnet, recently told The Guardian that audiences can expect to see less of him on their movie screens for a while.

“Once I’ve finished promoting [Hamnet],” Mescal said, “I hope nobody gets to see me until 2028 when I’m doing the Beatles. People will get a break from me and I’ll get a break from them.”

Mescal is set to play Paul McCartney in Sony’s upcoming Beatles films, which are releasing in 2028.

Along with Mescal, The Beatles movies will star Harris Dickinson, Joseph Quinn and Barry Keoghan. The project marks the first time Apple Corps Ltd. and The Beatles — John Lennon, McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr — have granted full life story and music rights for a scripted film about the band.

Sam Mendes will direct four different films, each told from a different member of The Beatles’ point of view. They will all intersect to tell the full story of the band’s history, according to a press release from Sony.

Mescal found his big break by starring in the Hulu series Normal People, which premiered in 2020. He says he’s been working continuously since then.

“I’m five or six years into this now, and I feel very lucky. But I’m also learning that I don’t think I can go on doing it as much,” Mescal said.

When asked if that means he is going to ration himself in the years to come, the actor said, “I think so.”

“I’m gonna have to start doing that. For sure. … Rationing doesn’t necessarily mean less,” Mescal said.

 

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Jill Scott thanks fans for their patience as she announces first album in more than a decade

Jill Scott thanks fans for their patience as she announces first album in more than a decade
Jill Scott thanks fans for their patience as she announces first album in more than a decade
‘To Whom This May Concern’ artwork (Marcellus)

To Whom This May Concern, Jill Scott‘s first album in more than a decade is officially on the way.

The project is described as “equal parts magic, medicine, and mastery” and a body of work that “leans heavily into the power of connectivity, humanity, and collective home,” according to a press release.

Features on the project include Ab-Soul, J.I.D., Tierra Whack and Too $hort, with Adam Blackstone, Om’Mas Keith, DJ Premier, Camper, Andre Harris, Seige Montracity, Trombone Shorty, Eric Wortham, DW Wright and VT Tolan receiving producer credits. Visual artist Marcellus is the man behind the artwork.

Now available for preorder, To Whom This May Concern is set to arrive just in time for Valentine’s Day. “Finally my new album entitled TO WHOM THIS MAY CONCERN drops Feb. 13th!!!!” Jill writes on Instagram. “PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE and THANK YOU for your patience and your listening ears.”

Ahead of the release, Jill is giving fans a preview with the lead single, “Beautiful People,” which is now available on streaming services. 

Her last album, Woman, dropped on July 24, 2015.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Jason & Brittany Aldean’s first duet is just days away

Jason & Brittany Aldean’s first duet is just days away
Jason & Brittany Aldean’s first duet is just days away
Brittany & Jason Aldean (Ethan Miller/Getty Images)

Jason Aldean‘s new album, Songs About Us, won’t arrive until April 24, but fans won’t have to wait that long to hear new music. 

In a surprise New Year’s Eve announcement, he and wife Brittany Aldean revealed “something special” is coming Jan. 9, specifically three new tracks. 

Jason goes on to say one of them will be the couple’s first collab, “Easier Gone,” remarking that “you guys have been asking for a duet for awhile.” 

Songs About Us is Jason’s 12th studio album and features his current top-10, “How Far Does a Goodbye Go.”

The couple met in 2012 when Brittany was a contestant on American Idol and tied the knot in 2015.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Alex Warren, sombr to be honored at pre-Grammy Songwriter Awards

Alex Warren, sombr to be honored at pre-Grammy Songwriter Awards
Alex Warren, sombr to be honored at pre-Grammy Songwriter Awards
Alex Warren (Jack Dytrych)

Both Alex Warren and sombr are competing for the best new artist trophy at the Grammys, but a few days before the Feb. 1 ceremony they’ll both be picking up awards that are guaranteed.

The National Music Publishers Association and Billboard will hand out their annual Songwriter Awards on Jan. 28 in Hollywood. Alex will receive the song of the year award for his smash “Ordinary.” His co-writers on the song will also be honored. Meanwhile, sombr will be named debut artist of the year.

EJAE, who co-wrote the KPop Demon Hunters song “Golden” and also sang on it, will receive the breakthrough songwriter trophy at the ceremony.

Others who will receive awards at the ceremony will be country star Megan MoroneyJustin Vernon aka Bon Iver; and DJ, producer and songwriter Mustard.

 

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

New York reports record-breaking number of flu hospitalizations in a single week

New York reports record-breaking number of flu hospitalizations in a single week
New York reports record-breaking number of flu hospitalizations in a single week
Stock photo of a sick child. (Natalia Lebedinskaia/STOCK PHOTO/Getty Images)

(NEW YORK) — New York is reporting the highest number of flu hospitalizations recorded in a single week, the state’s health department said on Friday.

During the week ending Dec. 27, 4,546 people were hospitalized with flu, a 24% increase from the 3,666 who were hospitalized the previous week, according to data from the New York State Department of Health (NYSOH)

It comes after the state reported a record-breaking number of flu cases in a single week with 72,133 infections during the week ending Dec. 20.

NYSDOH issued a declaration last month stating influenza is prevalent in New York, which requires health care facilities and agencies to ensure any staff who have not received this year’s flu vaccine wear masks in any areas where patients and residents may be present.

“We are having a more severe flu season than prior years, almost 1,000 more people were admitted to a hospital during this most recent seven-day period compared to the prior week,” Dr. James McDonald, the state’s health commissioner, said in a statement on Friday.

Meanwhile, flu activity is also spiking nationwide. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates there have been at least ​7.5 million illnesses, ​81,000 hospitalizations and ​3,100 deaths from flu so far this season.

New York is one of 20 states recording “very high” levels of respiratory illness activity, according to the latest CDC data.

Public health experts previously told ABC News that many of this season’s cases are linked to a new flu strain called subclade K — a variant of the H3N2 virus, which is itself a subtype of influenza A.

Subclade K has been circulating since the summer in other countries and was a main driver of a spike in flu cases in Canada, Japan and the U.K.

Of the 1,600 flu samples tested by the CDC, roughly ​92% were H3N2. Of those samples, nearly ​90% belonged to subclade K.

Experts expect flu-like illnesses to continue to climb in the coming weeks after holiday gatherings and colder weather.

Currently, the CDC recommends that everyone aged 6 months and older, with rare exceptions, get a flu vaccine.  

The federal health agency states on its website that getting an annual flu shot prevents millions of illnesses and flu-related doctors’ visits every year and is especially important for those at higher risk of serious complications.

The flu vaccine is currently available to New Yorkers aged 2 years and older at a health care provider’s office or at participating pharmacies while children aged 6 months and older can receive the flu vaccine at a health care provider’s office, according to the state health department.

“There is still time to get a flu shot and remember, flu can be treated with antiviral medication if started within 48 hours of symptom onset and your doctor deems appropriate,” McDonald said.

ABC News’ Youri Benadjaoud contributed to this report.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Sammy Hagar and Mick Fleetwood perform together at NYE benefit concert

Sammy Hagar and Mick Fleetwood perform together at NYE benefit concert
Sammy Hagar and Mick Fleetwood perform together at NYE benefit concert
Sammy Hagar at the 2024 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction (Disney/Michael Le Brecht II)/Mick Fleetwood at 2025 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction (Disney/Frank Micelotta)

Mick Fleetwood and Sammy Hagar joined forces on New Year’s Eve for a benefit show in Maui.

Both rockers posted footage from the concert on their Instagram accounts. Mick noted that the show raised money for the Maui Health Foundation, an organization providing high-quality health care to those in need.

“HAPPY 2026 TO ALL! We rocked all night,” Mick wrote next to his video. “What a night and cheers to the new year.”

Sammy posted video of the night as well, including a clip of him enlisting Adam Sandler from the audience to join him in singing Led Zeppelin’s “Whole Lottta Love.”

Meanwhile, Sammy also posted a separate video where he detailed his New Year’s resolutions, sharing, “I’m just gonna keep doing more of the same, and I mean more of the same, not gonna change anything.”

More of the same for Sammy includes another set of Best of All Worlds Las Vegas residency dates, which kick off March 11 at Dolby Live at Park MGM. He’ll also launch a Best of All Worlds U.K. tour on July 4 in Manchester, marking his first time playing the U.K. since 1996.  

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Chappell Roan almost canceled 2025 US tour due to mental health issues

Chappell Roan almost canceled 2025 US tour due to mental health issues
Chappell Roan almost canceled 2025 US tour due to mental health issues
Chappell Roan performs onstage during Sziget Festival on August 11, 2025 in Budapest, Hungary. (Joseph Okpako/WireImage)

Chappell Roan had a great 2025, releasing two singles, playing festivals worldwide, doing a series of pop-up shows in the U.S., attending the Met Ball and winning a Grammy. But in a newsletter to fans, she reveals that some of those events were nearly called off.

In the letter, which was posted on Reddit, Chappell writes, “I’m very, very proud of my team for getting me through this year’s touring schedule, it was brutal, even though it was less than half of what I normally do.”

Chappell writes that during those live shows, she “fell in love with quick costume changes and theatrical fashion and wearing even weirder makeup,” but goes on to reveal, “I almost canceled the American portion of the tour because I didn’t feel like I was mentally healthy enough.”

“I’m not sure it was the right move to push through, but I did it anyway,” she continues. “I don’t pat myself on the back for it, I just look back and I’m like, ‘damn why did I do that?’ Ultimately, I’m glad I did because I have such lifelong memorable experiences and it made me happy to perform in my hometown [Kansas City, Missouri], New York and LA.”

Chappell goes on to say that she feels 2026 should be “the year of taking care of myself and others and really engaging in a community that feels real and not online.”

She signed off by thanking fans for “listening to my music, showing up to my shows, wearing my merch, and watching my music videos. I feel very loved.”

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.