Miley Cyrus is ‘so in’ to record song for ‘Heated Rivalry,’ but budget may be an issue

Miley Cyrus is ‘so in’ to record song for ‘Heated Rivalry,’ but budget may be an issue
Miley Cyrus is ‘so in’ to record song for ‘Heated Rivalry,’ but budget may be an issue
Miley Cyrus attends the 37th Annual Palm Springs International Film Awards at Palm Springs Convention Center on January 03, 2026 in Palm Springs, California. (Frazer Harrison/Getty Images for Palm Springs International Film Society)

Miley Cyrus is down to do a song for the next season of Heated Rivalry — but one of the show’s stars is afraid they won’t be able to afford her.

At the Palm Springs International Film Festival gala on Saturday, Miley told Variety that she hasn’t watched the steamy Canadian hockey romance yet, but she’s “so in” to do music for it. “Book me! Get me booked!” she exclaimed. 

“I have not watched yet, but this is on my to-do list now,” she added. “It’s all I’ve heard about — every conversation I’ve had today has started with, ‘You have to [watch it].’”

When informed of Miley’s comments at the Critics’ Choice Awards on Sunday, Heated Rivalry star François Arnaud told Variety, “I think we might get a little bit bigger budget for Season 2, but I don’t know if we get Miley budget. I think if she sees the show, she might give us a discount.”

On Sunday, Miley received the Outstanding Artistic Achievement trophy at the Palm Springs International Film Awards. In her acceptance speech, she admitted she had been hoping for an Oscar nomination for “We Dream As One,” her song from Avatar: Fire and Ash, before criticizing the competitive nature of awards shows.

“So often during awards season, we’re set up to be competitors but we’re meant to be a community. Not opponents,” she said. “There is no single best. It’s only our personal best work … performance runs much deeper than a scoreboard.”

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Måneskin’s Damiano David confirms engagement to Dove Cameron

Måneskin’s Damiano David confirms engagement to Dove Cameron
Måneskin’s Damiano David confirms engagement to Dove Cameron
Dove Cameron and Damiano David attend Glamour Women of the Year at The Plaza on November 04, 2025 in New York City. (Bryan Bedder/Getty Images for Glamour)

Damiano David and Dove Cameron are officially engaged.

The Måneskin frontman confirmed the news in an Instagram post Saturday including photos of him and Cameron along with a closeup on her ring.

“It’s gonna be a beautiful year,” David writes in the caption alongside a ring and heart emoji. On her Instagram, Cameron posted the same photos along with the caption, “my favourite part of being alive. happy new year.”

David and Cameron went public with their relationship in 2024 after first being linked in 2023. Reports that David had popped the question first surfaced in October.

David released his debut solo album, FUNNY little FEARS, in May. Cameron, best known for her role in Disney’s Descendants and her 2022 hit “Boyfriend,” released five singles in 2025, all from her upcoming debut full-length solo album.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

On This Day, Jan. 5, 1976: Bob Dylan releases his 17th studio album, ‘Desire’

On This Day, Jan. 5, 1976: Bob Dylan releases his 17th studio album, ‘Desire’
On This Day, Jan. 5, 1976: Bob Dylan releases his 17th studio album, ‘Desire’

On This Day Jan. 5, 1976…

Fifty years ago, Bob Dylan released his 17th studio album, Desire, which went to #1 on the Billboard chart, and remained there for five weeks.

The album, the follow up to 1975’s Blood on the Tracks, had Dylan backed by the musicians he used for his Rolling Thunder Revue tours, with Emmylou Harris and Ronee Blakley providing backup vocals.

Notable songs on the album include “Hurricane,” which he wrote about the murder case against boxer Rubin “Hurricane” Carter, as well as “Isis” and “Sara,” the latter of which was written about his wife.

Many of the tunes on the album were co-written by Jacques Levy, and in 2020 Levy’s estate sued Dylan and Universal Music Group claiming they were entitled to compensation from the sale of Dylan’s catalog. Dylan’s lawyers claimed Levy was hired under a “work for hire” arrangement, and Dylan won the suit.

Desire went on to become one of Dylan’s best-selling studio albums, and has been certified double platinum by the RIAA.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz ends reelection bid

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz ends reelection bid
Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz ends reelection bid
: Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz speaks to media gathered on the first day of school at Deerwood Elementary on September 2, 2025 in Eagan, Minnesota. (Photo by Stephen Maturen/Getty Images)

(NEW YORK) — Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz, a Democrat, announced Monday that he would drop his bid for reelection as governor of Minnesota, saying that he would not be able to give a campaign all of his attention as he works to defend Minnesota against allegations of fraud and right-wing scrutiny.

This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Man taken into custody after allegedly causing damage to Vance’s Ohio home, Secret Service says

Man taken into custody after allegedly causing damage to Vance’s Ohio home, Secret Service says
Man taken into custody after allegedly causing damage to Vance’s Ohio home, Secret Service says
Vice President JD Vance speaks on the final day of Turning Point USA’s annual AmericaFest conference at the Phoenix Convention Center on December 21, 2025 in Phoenix, Arizona. (Photo by Caylo Seals/Getty Images)

(CINCINNATI) — A man was taken into custody after allegedly causing property damage, including breaking windows, at Vice President JD Vance’s home in Ohio, the U.S. Secret Service said on Monday.  

Just after midnight the man was physically detained by Secret Service personnel and then taken into custody by the Cincinnati Police for property damage.

“The residence was unoccupied at the time of the incident, and the Vice President and his family were not in Ohio,” the Secret Service said.

Vance and his wife, Usha, purchased the home for about $1.4 million in 2018 in Cincinnati’s East Walnut Hills neighborhood, which sits along the Ohio River and east of downtown, according to the Hamilton County Auditor’s Office.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

In brief: ‘Wonder Man’ official trailer and more

In brief: ‘Wonder Man’ official trailer and more
In brief: ‘Wonder Man’ official trailer and more

The official trailer for Wonder Man has arrived. Marvel Television’s latest series is set to premiere Jan. 27 on Disney+. It consists of eight episodes and was created by Destin Daniel Cretton and Andrew Guest. Yahya Abdul-Mateen II stars as the aspiring actor Simon Williams in the series, which also stars Ben Kingsley back in his Marvel Cinematic Universe role of Trevor Slattery …

The live-action Assasin’s Creed series at Netflix has added Tanzyn Crawford to its cast. Deadline reports that the actress has been cast as a series regular in the upcoming show based on the bestselling video game franchise. Crawford also stars in the upcoming Game of Thrones prequel series A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms

André Øvredal‘s next horror film now has a title and release date. Paramount has announced that the movie is called Passenger and that it will debut in theaters on May 29, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Jacob Scipio, Lou Llobell and Melissa Leo star in the upcoming film …

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Scoreboard roundup — 1/4/26

Scoreboard roundup — 1/4/26
Scoreboard roundup — 1/4/26

(NEW YORK) — Here are the scores from Sunday’s sports events:

NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE
Saints 17, Falcons 19
Browns 20, Bengals 18
Packers 3, Vikings 16
Cowboys 17, Giants 34
Titans 7, Jaguars 41
Colts 30, Texans 38
Jets 8, Bills 35
Lions 19, Bears 16
Chargers 3, Broncos 19
Chiefs 12, Raiders 14
Cardinals 20, Rams 37
Dolphins 10, Patriots 38
Commanders 24, Eagles 17
Ravens 24, Steelers 26

NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION
Pistons 114, Cavaliers 110
Pacers 127, Magic 135
Nuggets 115, Nets 127
Pelicans 106, Heat 125
Timberwolves 141, Wizards 115
Thunder 105, Suns 108
Bucks 115, Kings 98
Grizzlies 114, Lakers 120

NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE
Canadiens 4, Stars 3
Penguins 5, Blue Jackets 4
Avalanche 1, Panthers 2
Hurricanes 3, Devils 1
Golden Knights 2, Blackhawks 3

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

American tourists stranded across the Caribbean after airspace closed for Maduro capture

American tourists stranded across the Caribbean after airspace closed for Maduro capture
American tourists stranded across the Caribbean after airspace closed for Maduro capture
Self check-in kiosk are blocked off at Rafael Hernandez International Airport in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico. (Yadira Hernandez-Pico/Bloomberg via Getty Images)

(NEW YORK) — Despite the Federal Aviation Administration reopening the Eastern Caribbean airspace following the dramatic capture of Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro by U.S. forces, some American tourists said they remain stranded across the region.

As airlines scrambled on Sunday to add flights and get people home from the Caribbean, tourists such as Nydia Han said they remain stuck.

Han, an anchor and reporter for ABC Philadelphia station WPVI, said she and her family were supposed to fly from San Juan, Puerto Rico, to Philadelphia on Sunday night. But now, she said she has been told by the airlines that she can’t get a flight home until Friday.

“Unfortunately, because of Maduro’s capture and airspace being closed, we are stuck here in Vieques,” Han said in a video she shared with ABC News.

The FAA issued a so-called notice to airmen (NOTAM) to airlines early Saturday that it was banning flights from entering the Eastern Caribbean airspace “due to safety-of-flight risk associated with ongoing military activity.”

U.S. Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy said in a social media post later on Saturday that the Caribbean airspace ban would expire at midnight Eastern time on Sunday.

Major U.S. air carriers — including Southwest, JetBlue, United, Delta and American — canceled hundreds of flights during the airspace ban and some are scrambling to add additional flights to the region to accommodate affected customers.

Delta says they’ve added 2,600 seats through extra flights on Monday and the airline says it’s working to reaccommodate all customers by Tuesday.

Delta said delays could occur in the Caribbean on Monday because of the increased airline capacity and recommended that customers with confirmed and rebooked tickets on Monday arrive three hours early to allow for crowded airports.

Customers without confirmed tickets should not go to the airport until they’ve been rebooked. 

American Airlines has added a total of 7,000 more seats with 43 extra flights. On Monday, for the first time in over a decade, American will operate interisland flights in the Eastern Caribbean with two flights connecting Anguilla Wallblake, Anguilla (AXA) and Beef Island, BVI (EIS) to San Juan, Puerto Rico. 

Flights throughout the Caribbean — including other popular destinations such as Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, St. Martin and St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands — were also canceled during the airspace ban, but some airports are getting back to normal.

Flights were arriving and departing from the Queen Beatrix International Airport in Oranjestad, Aruba, according to FlightRadar24.

About 29 flights into and out of Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport in Puerto Rico were canceled on Sunday, a far cry from the 400 inbound and outbound flights canceled on Saturday.

Billy Gunther of Florida said he and his wife are newlyweds and were wrapping up their stay at an Airbnb in Puerto Rico on Saturday when they got a notification that their flight was canceled.

Gunther told ABC affiliate station WZVN in Naples, Florida, that it could be another three days before he and his wife get a flight back home. Gunther said he has spoken to other tourists coping with flight cancellations.

“So, you have a lot of people who are anxious, that they don’t know when they’re going to come home,” Gunther said.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

The Old Dominion ‘party crowd’ is alive around the globe

The Old Dominion ‘party crowd’ is alive around the globe
The Old Dominion ‘party crowd’ is alive around the globe
Old Dominion (Disney/Frank Micelotta)

2025 was the year Old Dominion conquered the globe with their How Good Is That World Tour, and there’s more to come in 2026. 

The trek started in the U.S. in June, before heading to Canada in August. By October, they were ready for their most extensive schedule yet in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium and the United Kingdom. 

“We’ve put in the work. We’ve been to Europe for years now and slowly built it. But this is the first time that we really saw it pay off,” Trevor Rosen reflects. “I mean, the crowds were with us early and have been building. And now, we were just over there playing to some pretty big arenas.”

“And the fans really seem to have connected to us,” he continues. “You know, they know all the music, and Europe is more of a listening crowd sometimes. And I felt like this time it really was sort of that Old Dominion vibe/party crowd. It felt like some of the shows in the States. It really seems to have grown into that over there.”

In March, the ACM group of the year heads Down Under for half a dozen more dates on the global stage.

“We continue the world tour and we hit up Australia, New Zealand, Canada,” Matthew Ramsey says of their 2026 schedule.

Even with Barbara out last August, OD’s already thinking about what’s next. 

“We’ll go back in the studio. We’ll make some more new music,” Matthew adds. “So we just continue to grind.” 

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Wyclef Jean looks forward to Haiti’s 2026 World Cup run + a family milestone

Wyclef Jean looks forward to Haiti’s 2026 World Cup run + a family milestone
Wyclef Jean looks forward to Haiti’s 2026 World Cup run + a family milestone
Wyclef Jean performs at ‘Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2025′ (Disney/Christopher Willard)

Wyclef Jean helped ring in the new year as part of Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin Eve with Ryan Seacrest. Now that 2026 is officially underway, he’s already looking ahead to what’s next. At the top of his list: his native country Haiti’s qualification for the 2026 FIFA World Cup.

“Haiti, we ain’t been in the World Cup for close to 50 years. We made it this year, we’re qualified. So here we go,” he tells ABC’s On the Red Carpet during rehearsals for NYRE. “2026. God, Please,” he continues. “[I’m] excited about the World Cup. You know, when a place is going through so much and for, you know, a team to be qualified. That’s gonna be amazing.”

Wyclef is also celebrating personal milestones in 2026, including his daughter heading to New York to pursue higher education, while remaining grateful for his family and their many blessings.

“I’m looking forward to my daughter. She’s going to college and she’s going in New York,” he said. “It’s just been amazing again just to see the family every day. I wake up, I cheese because I know God is good and he’s looking down on me.” 

The 2026 FIFA World Cup kicks off June 11. Haiti, which celebrated its independence day on Jan. 1, has been placed in group C. The team will face Scotland in its opening match on June 13, followed by games against Morocco and Brazil.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.