Noah Schnapp, Caleb McLaughlin, Gaten Matarazzo and Finn Wolfhard on set of ‘Stranger Things’ season 5. (Netflix)
(SPOILER ALERT) Stranger Things may have ended, but the finale isn’t the end of its story.
Netflix has announced they are releasing One Last Adventure: The Making of Stranger Things 5, a documentary about the making of the final season of the popular sci-fi series.
The upcoming documentary releases on the streaming platform on Jan. 12. The official trailer for the doc, which was directed by Martina Radwan, arrived on Monday.
“Growing up in Durham, North Carolina, we dreamed of becoming filmmakers—but Hollywood felt impossibly far away. Everything changed when we watched the behind-the-scenes documentaries for The Lord of the Rings— on-the-ground films that showed the real nuts and bolts of how a massive production actually gets made. We saw how stressed Peter Jackson was and thought: yep, that’s the dream,” Stranger Things creators Matt Duffer and Ross Duffer said in a statement.
“With the decline of physical media, that kind of behind-the-scenes storytelling has largely disappeared,” they continued. “We wanted to bring it back. If you love Stranger Things, or if you’re simply curious how a major Hollywood production comes to life, this one’s for you.”
The trailer finds the Duffers agonizing over pivotal decisions, such as what the fate of Millie Bobby Brown‘s Eleven should be.
“God, I don’t know how to play this, Matt Duffer says, referencing Eleven sacrificing her life. “Is she really gonna go through with this?”
Radwan said she is endlessly grateful to the Duffer Brothers for trusting her with this project.
“Spending a full year on set with them was a true privilege—and an absolute thrill. Being able to get close and watching them bring this beloved show to life in real time, was pure joy,” Radwan said.
Stock photo of a sick woman. Guido Mieth/STOCK PHOTO/Getty Images
(NEW YORK) — Flu activity is continuing to climb across the U.S. as hospitalizations rise, according to newly released data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The percent of outpatient visits for respiratory illnesses are now at the highest rate on record.
About 8% of visits to a health care provider were labeled as flu-like illness, surpassing any levels seen since 1997, the earliest for which data is available. Flu-like illness accounts for patients that have a fever as well as a cough and/or sore throat.
These visits are largely among children and young adults. About 35% of outpatient visits for a respiratory illness were among people unde. 24 years old and children under age 5 made up about 20% of those.
The CDC estimates there have been 120,000 hospitalizations so far this season, a 48.1% increase from the prior week.
Additionally, the CDC says there have been at least 11 million illnesses and 5,000 deaths due to flu so far this season, including at least nine pediatric deaths.
In New York, health officials recently reported the highest number of flu hospitalizations recorded in a single week.
“This is really quite a severe flu season right now,” Dr. James McDonald, health commissioner for New York state, told “Good Morning America” on Saturday.
Recently, New York also reported a record-breaking number of flu cases in a single week with 72,133 infections for the week ending Dec. 20, according to health department.
Data shows that the majority of this season’s cases are linked to a new flu strain called subclade K — a variant of the H3N2 virus, which is itself a subtype of influenza A.
Subclade K has been circulating since the summer in other countries and was a main driver of a spike in flu cases in Canada, Japan and the U.K.
Of the 994 flu samples tested since Sept. 30, nearly all were influenza A. Of those samples that underwent further testing roughly 90% were H3N2, CDC data shows.
Experts expect flu-like illnesses to continue to climb in the coming weeks and warn that this season’s peak has likely not been reached yet.
In addition to influenza, COVID-19 and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) are also circulating this time of year and are contributing to respiratory illness activity.
Currently, the CDC recommends that everyone ages 6 months and older, with rare exceptions, get an annual flu vaccine.
The federal health agency states on its website that getting an annual flu shot prevents millions of illnesses and flu-related doctors’ visits every year and is especially important for those at higher risk of serious complications.
Amid surging cases and hospitalizations, the number of adults and kids who have received a flu shot remains relatively unchanged. As of Dec. 13, around 42.2% of adults and 42.3% of kids have received the flu vaccine despite the flu shot being widely available across the country.
Last season, 289 children died from flu and nearly all were unvaccinated. This was the highest number of deaths ever recorded since tracking pediatric deaths became mandatory in 2004. One additional pediatric death was reported this week from the 2024-2025 flu season to reach the record.
: Kid Cudi performs onstage during Sziget Festival on August 08, 2025, in Budapest, Hungary. (Photo by Joseph Okpako/WireImage)
After a few days of performances in Australia, Kid Cudi is already thinking about returning for a full tour. Reflecting on his experiences at Wildlands Festival and Beyond The Valley in a video shared to his Instagram Story, he said, “This whole trip, New Zealand, Australia — this whole little tour was f****** epic.”
“I want to thank everybody that came to the show, everybody that was losing their s*** to every song, singing every word,” he said. “That s*** means so much to me. Thank you for coming out.”
He then hinted at a full return as part of a larger tour. “I’ll be back soon. While I was here I was already planting the seeds for a little tour down under,” he said. “I’ll be back, and we’ll do it right. A full set, all the smashes, all the deep cuts and some new s***.”
Cudi performed a DJ set as part of a headlining set at Australia’s Beyond The Valley festival, which took place from Dec. 28 to Jan. 1 at Barunah Plains in Victoria, marking his first visit to Australia in more than a decade. “Man, bringing in the New Year at BTV was the most epic s*** ever!!! I had the best time w u all!!! So much love, bouncing back from me to u. Such a beautiful experience,” he wrote on Instagram.
He then played Wildlands Festival in Brisbane on Jan. 1 and Perth on Jan. 3, writing of the experience, “Man what a night!! Thank u @wildlandsfestival for havin me!!! Love to all my fans in Brisbane that came to rock w me on New Years Day! Started the year off right!!!”
Alexander Edwards and Cher are seen arriving to the Swarovski event at Amoeba in Hollywood. on October 28, 2025 in Los Angeles, California. (Rachpoot/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images)
Cher‘s a big fan of her current boyfriend.
While appearing on the new episode of the Armchair Expert podcast, Cher was asked by host Dax Shepard, “Have you ever had a man that you deserved?” — suggesting she didn’t deserve the bad experiences she had with some of her past boyfriends.
Cher agreed with Shepard that she had deserved David Geffen, whom she was with in the early ’70s and is still a friend. She then named two other “wonderful” partners: Rob Camilletti, whom she dated from 1986 to 1989, and her current boyfriend, Alexander “AE” Edwards, whom she’s been with since 2022.
Shepard then recalled the fact that Cher initially didn’t understand why his wife and her Burlesque costar, Kristen Bell, was with him. Cher responded, “I trust her. So you must have something that I don’t see.”
Shepard replied, “I’ll tell you the thing that you should like about me. I’m not threatened by her shining. I love it. The shinier she gets, the better.”
“Alexander’s that way, too,” Cher said, adding that “the more I shine,” the happier he is.
Alexander is 39, while Cher is 79. She’ll turn 80 in May.
: David Lee Roth performs at Meritage Resort on September 14, 2025 in Napa, California. (Photo by Steve Jennings/Getty Images)
David Lee Roth is going on tour this year.
The former Van Halen frontman just announced dates for a new trek that kicks off April 16 near Spokane, Washington. The tour hits such cities as Tucson, Memphis, Orlando, Nashville, Boston and more, before wrapping June 20 in Milwaukee, with the latter show being part of Milwaukee Summerfest.
Roth’s 2026 schedule also includes a concert at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally on Aug. 7 in Sturgis, South Dakota.
A ticket presale begins Tuesday at 10 a.m. local time, with tickets going on sale to the general public starting Friday at 10 a.m. local time.
Roth returned to performing in 2025, which marked his first time on stage in five years. His first show back was a headlining spot at the M3 Rock Festival in Columbia, Maryland, where he treated fans to a set filled with Van Halen tunes.
Kylie Jenner and Timothée Chalamet attend the 31st annual Critics Choice Awards at Barker Hangar on Jan. 4, 2026, in Santa Monica, California. (Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for Critics Choice Association)
Timothée Chalamet thanked his girlfriend, Kylie Jenner, after he won the 2026 Critics Choice award for best actor.
Chalamet accepted the trophy for his performance in the film Marty Supreme at the Critics Choice Awards ceremony on Sunday. He first thanked the actors nominated alongside him, his team, and the film’s director, Josh Safdie, before he spotlighted Jenner in his acceptance speech.
“And lastly, I’ll just say, thank you to my partner of three years,” Chalamet said. “Thank you for our foundation. I love you. I couldn’t do this without you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.”
The camera then cut to Jenner, who looked up at Chalamet from her seat and mouthed, “I love you,” back to him.
The couple made headlines at the Marty Supreme premiere on Dec. 8, 2025, when they dressed in matching orange outfits. Chalamet wore an orange leather suit with boots in the same color while Jenner was donned in an orange floor-length dress with matching nails.
Coincidentally, Hacks stars Megan Stalter and Paul W. Downs spoofed the couple’s orange outfits by wearing identical looks to the Critics Choice Awards.
“We’ve been shooting season five of Hacks and haven’t had a lot of time to shop or pull, so we just borrowed from friends,” Downs told The Hollywood Reporter on the red carpet.
“My really close friend — I’m not going to name any names — but she let me borrow this dress. Fits like a glove,” Stalter joked to the outlet. Downs agreed, adding, “It did fit really well. That was the nice thing, when you have friends who are the same size, it makes life easier.”
Chalamet was nominated against a slate of A-listers, including Leonardo DiCaprio and Michael B. Jordan. Also nominated were Ethan Hawke, Joel Edgerton and Wagner Moura.
Victoria Monét is no stranger to dancing, but in a new video, we see her taking on a different style of dance with an unexpected partner: Jaylen Brown. A clip from his Twitch stream surfaced on the internet, capturing them as they salsa danced to Willie Colón and Héctor Lavoe’s “Todo Tiene Su Final.” Victoria later reflected on the experience on her Instagram Story. “That was so fun! [Jaylen Brown], thank you for having me. [Raul Santiago], you are such an excellent teacher. Tysmmm,” she wrote, according to Rap-Up.com.
Clipse revealed the moment they knew it was time for them to reunite and make their latest album, Let God Sort ‘Em Out. Speaking to GQ, Pusha T said it hit when he saw “the fan reaction of ‘I Pray For You,'” the song of his album It’s Almost Dry that featured his brother, Malice. The album marked their first project since 2009’s Til the Casket Drops, and has earned the duo five nominations at the 2026 Grammys.
It seems like Ye‘s Bully may actually drop on its intended release date: Jan. 30. After several delays, fans can now order vinyls, cassettes, CDs, box sets and more surrounding the album on bully.yeezy.com/. His daughter North West has also dropped new music as a producer. She recently shared on her Instagram Story that she made the beat for “Justswagup,” a song from Lil Wayne‘s son Lil Novi and Magic.
Venezuela’s President Nicolas Maduro is escorted by U.S. Drug Enforcement Agents after arriving in New York City, January 3, 2026. Obtained by ABC News
The couple — who are being held in federal custody at MDC-Brooklyn — appeared in front of Judge Alvin Hellerstein. Maduro was escorted into the courtroom in shackles and orange jail slippers and is sitting two seats away from his wife.
Maduro and Flores wore headphones to hear the court-provided interpreter.
When Maduro took his seat next to defense attorney Barry Pollack, he immediately began writing on a notepad. Flores sat next to her attorney, Mark Donnelly.
Maduro stood before the judge.
“Are you, sir, Nicolas Maduro Moros?” Hellerstein asked.
Maduro declared, through an interpreter, “I am the president of Venezuela.” He added, “I was captured at my home in Caracas, Venezuela,” before the judge interrupted and told him there would be time later to challenge his custody.
Maduro then affirmed he is who the judge said he is.
Hellerstein read Maduro the standard rights.
Maduro said, through an interpreter, “I did not know of these rights. Your Honor is informing me of them now.”
“How do you plead to the indictment?” Hellerstein asked.
Maduro responded, “I am innocent. I am not guilty. I am a decent man. I am still president of my country.”
“I am innocent. I am not guilty of anything mentioned here,” Maduro responded, through an interpreter, when asked to repeat his plea the charges.
Hellerstein then turned to Maduro’s wife.
“I am Cilia Flores,” she said. “I am first lady of the Republic of Venezuela.”
Hellerstein interjected, saying, “The purpose today is just to ask you who you are.” The judge then explained her rights to remain silent and to be represented by an attorney.
“Yes I understand and I’ve heard it,” Flores said.
Asked how she pleaded to the three counts of the indictment she faces. Flores responded, “Not guilty — completely innocent.”
Maduro and Flores are among six defendants named in a four-count superseding indictment that accused them of conspiring with violent, dangerous drug traffickers for the last 25 years. Maduro has long denied all the allegations.
Dueling groups of protesters have gathered across the street from the courthouse; one is holding signs urging President Donald Trump to “Free President Maduro,” and the other is supportive of his capture.
More people protesting against what they call “illegal kidnapping” are expected to arrive shortly before the court appearance.
Maduro’s son, two high-ranking Venezuelan officials and an alleged leader of the Tren de Aragua criminal gang are the other defendants.
Trump said on Saturday that the U.S. “successfully carried out a large-scale strike against Venezuela” in which Maduro and Flores were “captured and flown out of the Country.”
Trump said the operation was carried out in conjunction with U.S. law enforcement. Members of Congress said the military, which sources said included the elite Delta Force, was in place to support that law enforcement operation.
In a move that alarmed some observers, Trump, who campaigned on “America First” and against foreign entanglements, said during a press conference at Mar-a-Lago the U.S. would “run” Venezuela for an unspecified “period of time.”
He said a team comprised of some of his Cabinet officials along with a local team in Venezuela would be “running the country” because there is “nobody to take over.”
“We’ll run it properly. We’ll run it professionally. We’ll have the greatest oil companies in the world go in and invest billions and billions of dollars and take out money, use that money in Venezuela, and the biggest beneficiary are going to be the people of Venezuela,” Trump said.
Venezuelan Vice President Delcy Rodriguez has been sworn in as interim leader to lead the country after what the Venezuelan Supreme Court described as Maduro’s “kidnapping.”
Rodriguez demanded Maduro’s return and vowed to defend Venezuela against American aggression.
On Sunday, Rodriguez posted a statement to social media in which she appeared to soften her tone, inviting “the U.S. government to collaborate with us on an agenda of cooperation oriented towards shared development within the framework of international law to strengthen lasting community coexistence.”
Trump told reporters on Sunday that the U.S. is “in charge” of Venezuela.
The president said he had not yet spoken to Rodriguez. Asked if he wanted to, Trump said, “At the right time, I will.”
ABC News’ Meghan Mistry and Hannah Demissie contributed to this report.
Bjork performs on stage on November 24, 2023 in Leipzig, Germany. (Santiago Felipe/Redferns for ABA)
Björk has shared a statement in support of Greenland’s independence.
“I wish all greenlanders blessing in their fight for independence,” the Icelandic artist writes in an Instagram post. “Icelanders are extremely relieved that they managed to break from the danish in 1944, we didn’t loose our language (my children would be speaking danish now).”
Björk’s post follows President Donald Trump‘s recent comments calling for the annexation of Greenland, which he repeated amid the U.S. capture of Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro.
Greenland is an autonomous territory part of the Kingdom of Denmark.
“Colonialism has repeatedly given me horror chills up my back, and the chance that my fellow greenlanders might go from one cruel coloniser to another is too brutal to even imagine,” Björk writes. “Dear greenlanders declare independence!!!! sympathetic wishes from your neighbours.”
Gary Cherone and Nuno Bettencourt of Extreme perform in concert at ACL Live on February 19, 2024 in Austin, Texas. (Rick Kern/Getty Images)
2026 is looking to be an extremely busy year for Extreme.
Guitarist Nuno Bettencourt has shared a photo from the recording studio suggesting that the “More Than Words” outfit has begun work on their upcoming seventh studio album.
“DAY 1,” Bettencourt captions the photo, which features him sitting with his feet on a recording console.
Extreme’s most recent album is 2023’s Six. We’ll see if the next record is called Seven.
Bettencourt, meanwhile, is coming off an eventful 2025 which included performing at the Back to the Beginning concert and alongside Yungblud and Aerosmith‘s Steven Tyler and Joe Perry at the MTV Video Music Awards in tribute to the late Ozzy Osbourne.