Taylor Swift, ‘The Life of a Showgirl’ back cover (Mert Alas & Marcus Piggot)
In the battle between Ophelia and the Anti-Hero, Ophelia was fated to come out on top.
Taylor Swift‘s single “The Fate of Ophelia” has notched a ninth week at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100, becoming the longest-leading chart-topper of her career. It was previously tied with “Anti-Hero,” which spent eight weeks on top starting in November of 2022.
“The Fate of Ophelia” is Taylor’s 13th #1 hit — her lucky number. All in all, Taylor has spent 27 weeks at #1 in the 2020s, more than any other artist this decade. And with “Ophelia” being on top in 2026, she’s now scored at least one #1 hit in 11 different years. The only artist who’s been number one in more individual years is Mariah Carey, with 22 years, mostly thanks to the ongoing success of “All I Want for Christmas Is You.”
Meanwhile, Taylor’s album The Life of a Showgirl has notched a 12th week at #1.
Tyler Bates attends the World Premiere of “Ballerina”, presented by Lionsgate at TCL Chinese Theatre on June 03, 2025 in Hollywood, California. (Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic)
Marilyn Manson guitarist Tyler Bates will no longer be touring with the band.
“I have decided to conclude my time touring with Marilyn Manson to focus on my artist, film, and television projects,” Bates writes in an Instagram post.
Bates is also known as a prolific film composer and has worked on movies including 300, Watchmen, Guardians of the Galaxy and the John Wick franchise.
Bates started working with Manson in 2014 and produced and played on their respective 2015 and 2017 albums, The Pale Emperor and Heaven Upside Down. He also worked on Manson’s 2024 album, One Assassination Under God – Chapter 1, which marked Manson’s first since he was accused of abuse by his ex, Evan Rachel Wood.
While he’s stepping away from the live band, Bates will still be “actively supporting” Manson’s upcoming Chapter 2 album, which he says “is our finest work together”
“I wish M, the band, and the crew the best of success and good times moving forward,” Bates writes. “Thank you, the fans, for your loyalty and support of our new music and performances. I wish you all the very best for a fantastic and peaceful 2026.”
Lucien Laviscount as Alfie, Lily Collins as Emily and Ashley Park as Mindy in ‘Emily In Paris.’ (Giulia Parmigiani/Netflix)
Emily will have another chance to explore Europe, as Netflix has renewed its popular series Emily in Paris for season 6.
The fifth season of the show premiered on Dec. 18, 2025. Lily Collins once again stars as the titular American marketing executive who moved overseas for work. Season 5 finds Emily facing new professional and romantic stumbles as she adjusts to life in Italy and takes on a new role as the head of Agence Grateau Rome.
“But just as everything falls into place, a work idea backfires, and the fallout cascades into heartbreak and career setbacks. Seeking stability, Emily leans into her French lifestyle, until a big secret threatens one of her closest relationships,” according to its official synopsis. “Tackling conflict with honesty, Emily emerges with deeper connections, renewed clarity, and a readiness to embrace new possibilities.”
Season 5 also stars Philippine Leroy-Beaulieu, Lucas Bravo, Ashley Park, Lucien Laviscount, EugenioFranceschini, Samuel Arnold, Bruno Gouery, William Abadie, Thalia Besson, Paul Forman, ArnaudBinard, Minnie Driver, Bryan Greenberg and Michèle Laroque.
Darren Star created the series, which he also executive produces and writes for. He was recently awarded the Knight of the Legion of Honour, which is France’s highest civilian honor, from French President EmmanuelMacron.
“I know, dear Darren, that this achievement means a lot to you, as you have made this series your love letter to France,” Macron said at the awards ceremony. “The way you view our country inspires millions to visit France, to return time and time again.”
Star said “being awarded the Legion d’Honneur by President Macron is both humbling and deeply emotional.”
He continued, “France has become an essential part of my creative journey, and I’m grateful for the warmth, curiosity, and generosity with which it has embraced my work.”
: Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz speaks to media gathered on the first day of school at Deerwood Elementary on September 2, 2025 in Eagan, Minnesota. (Photo by Stephen Maturen/Getty Images)
(NEW YORK) — Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz, a Democrat, announced Monday that he would drop his bid for reelection as governor, saying that he would not be able to give a campaign all of his attention as he works to defend Minnesota against allegations of fraud and right-wing attacks — including from President Donald Trump.
“In September, I announced that I would run for a historic third term as Minnesota’s Governor. And I have every confidence that, if I gave it my all, I would succeed in that effort,” Walz wrote in a statement Monday.
“But as I reflected on this moment with my family and my team over the holidays, I came to the conclusion that I can’t give a political campaign my all. Every minute I spend defending my own political interests would be a minute I can’t spend defending the people of Minnesota against the criminals who prey on our generosity and the cynics who prey on our differences.”
Walz, who served as Vice President Kamala Harris’ running mate in 2024, had come under fire in recent weeks amid allegations of fraud in child-care centers in Minnesota. Walz had said the state was investigating alleged fraud and slammed how rhetoric targeting the state’s Somali community about the allegations could put people at risk.
Democratic Sen. Amy Klobuchar met with Walz over the weekend about a possible bid for governor, according to two sources familiar with the meeting.
This comes as a source close to Klobuchar tells ABC News that she’s been getting a lot of outreach encouraging her to run. She is considering the bid, according to two sources, but hasn’t made a final decision.
Representatives for Klobuchar, who won reelection to the Senate in 2024, did not immediately respond to ABC News’ requests for comment.
Walz was the subject of Trump’s frequent criticism — with the president claiming he was “a Crooked Governor” in a recent social media post.
The president commented on Walz’s decision in a social media post on Monday, saying Walz “destroyed the State of Minnesota.”
Walz would have made history if he won the governorship in 2026, as previously no Minnesota governor has won a third consecutive four-year term.
The Democratic Governors Association, the arm of the Democratic Party focused on electing Democratic governors, released a statement on Monday praising Walz for his work without endorsing any other potential candidates.
“No matter who decides to run or how much national Republicans want to spend, the DGA remains very confident Minnesotans will elect another strong Democratic governor this November,” DGA chair and Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear wrote in a statement.
On the Republican side, longtime Trump loyalist and CEO of MyPillow Mike Lindell announced in December that he is running for governor of Minnesota. Lindell has already been endorsed by Trump.
Walz also has been viewed as a potential 2028 presidential hopeful, and visited a few key presidential battleground states in 2025, although he has previously downplayed the prospect of running for the Democratic presidential nomination.
Walz, in his statement announcing he would not seek reelection, had harsh words for Trump and Republicans who have excoriated the state for alleged child-care fraud and said that it occurred on Walz’s watch.
“I won’t mince words here,” Walz wrote. “Donald Trump and his allies — in Washington, in St. Paul, and online — want to make our state a colder, meaner place.”
Saying that the state government had taken steps to investigate fraud, and continues to work on combating it, Walz said Minnesota “will win the fight against the fraudsters. But the political gamesmanship we’re seeing from Republicans is only making that fight harder to win.”
Republicans celebrated Walz’s announcement on Monday. House Majority Whip Tom Emmer, a Republican representing Minnesota, wrote in a short statement reacting to Walz’s announcement, “Good riddance.”
“It’s been failure after failure for Tim Walz, so it’s no surprise he chickened out of running for re-election,” Republican National Committee Regional Communications Director Delanie Bomar wrote in a separate statement on Monday.
Minnesota has been under scrutiny in recent weeks over yearslong investigations and controversies about alleged fraud in child-care centers.
According to federal charges filed over the past couple of years, at least 70 people were part of a wide-ranging criminal conspiracy that exploited two federally funded nutrition programs to fraudulently obtain more than $250 million in one of the largest COVID-era fraud schemes anywhere in the nation.
The defendants allegedly used a Minnesota-based nonprofit organization called Feeding Our Future to avoid tough scrutiny from the Minnesota Department of Education, which was supposed to be conducting oversight of the programs.
More scrutiny came recently after an unverified online video from conservative influencer Nick Shirley alleging fraud in child care in Somali communities in Minneapolis. Minnesota officials have disputed the allegations. During more recent site checks, officials said locations highlighted by the video were operating as expected.
Last week, an official with the Department of Health and Human Services said that the Trump administration is pausing child-care funding to all states after the Minnesota allegations emerged. The official said the funds will be released “only when states prove they are being spent legitimately.”
“Republicans are playing politics with the future of our state,” Walz said in his statement on Monday. “And it’s shameful.”
ABC News’ Laura Romero and Mike Levine contributed to this report.
Olivia Rodrigo performs at the 2025 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony in Los Angeles, Nov. 8, 2025 (Disney/Frank Micelotta)
Livies, get ready — for something.
Olivia Rodrigo‘s website has been locked, and the only thing you can see is a fake form designed to look like a drivers license renewal application. A box marked “I’ll be renewing online” has been checked off, and the “appointment time” is listed as “January 8” at “9 a.m. PST.”
The drivers license number on the form is listed as 05212021, which is the day that her debut album SOUR came out, and notably, Jan. 8, 2021 was the day she released her career-making single “drivers license.” That means whatever is coming on Jan. 8 will arrive on the fifth anniversary of the release of that song.
Fans have been speculating for months about Olivia’s new album, and attempting to guess what four-letter word she’s chosen for the title, assuming she’ll follow the same naming convention as her albums SOUR and GUTS.
Olivia’s GUTS world tour wrapped up July 1, 2025. Her most recent “official” single was 2024’s “Obsessed.”
They’re “Choosin’ Texas” all over the place these days. This week, Ella Langley‘s latest hit becomes her first top 10 on Billboard‘s all-genre Hot 100 ranking.
Just how hot is Ella’s song, which was co-written and co-produced and Miranda Lambert? It surges from #48 to #5, where it’s just a few spots away from another country cousin: Taylor Swift reigns at #1 for the ninth week with “The Fate of Ophelia.”
The lead single from Ella’s forthcoming sophomore album is also #1 on Billboard‘s Hot Country Songs chart.
There’s no doubt the Alabama native’s a hot commodity these days. So far, she has five CMA trophies, four ACMs, a coveted spot on the 2026 New Faces show, and recently topped the chart with “Don’t Mind If I Do,” her second #1 with Riley Green.
Bruno Mars performs onstage during the 64th Annual GRAMMY Awards, April 03, 2022 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Rich Fury/Getty Images for The Recording Academy)
Bruno Mars was all over the charts in 2025, with his #1 Lady Gaga duet “Die With a Smile,” which won a Grammy, and his collaboration with Rosé, “APT.,” which was a massive global hit and is now Grammy-nominated. But it seems as though we might get something new from Bruno — and ONLY Bruno — in 2026.
On Monday, Jan. 5, Bruno wrote on X, “My album is done.” He also shared the message on his Instagram Story.
Believe it or not, Bruno’s last solo album, the Grammy-winning 24K Magic, came out way back in 2016. Since then, the only other album he’s put out has been 2021’s An Evening With Silk Sonic, but that was as part of the duo Silk Sonic with Anderson .Paak.
And while he hasn’t been making records, Bruno has been playing live over the past 10 years, both overseas and as part of his long-running residency at Dolby Live at Park MGM in Las Vegas. He also opened up a nightclub in Vegas called The Pinky Ring.
Rhian Teasdale of Wet Leg performs during Edinburgh’s Hogmanay Party in the Gardens at Ross Band Stand in Princes Street Gardens on December 31, 2025 in Edinburgh, Scotland. (Martin Grimes/Getty Images)
It seems safe to say that Wet Leg avoided the sophomore slump.
After breaking out with their 2022 self-titled debut album, the “Chaise Longue” outfit returned in 2025 with their second record, moisturizer. The album spawned the successful singles “catch these fists” and “mangetout,” and has earned three Grammy nominations.
“It’s just crazy to see your band’s name next to legitimate artists who’ve been in the industry a long time and who’ve maybe inspired you to make music,” frontwoman Rhian Teasdale tells People.
The recognition is especially meaningful for Teasdale since she wasn’t sure the success the first album brought Wet Leg would continue.
“We were very much prepared for, ‘The first album was just this mad, freak incident,'” Teasdale says. “We weren’t really expecting that for album two, so it’s just really nice.”
The 2026 Grammys take place Feb. 1. Moisturizer is nominated for best alternative music album and best album cover, while “mangetout” is up for best alternative music performance.
Led Zeppelin bassist John Paul Jones performs with Seasick Steve and Dan Magnusson at the 2014 Bonnaroo Music Festival (Photo by Michael Hurcomb/Corbis via Getty Images)
Studio equipment previously owned by Led Zeppelin’s John Paul Jones is currently up for auction.
The equipment comes from Jones’ private studio, and has no Led Zeppelin connection. Gear up for grabs includes amps, digital samplers, equalizers, processors and more.
“John is still very active musically – writing, recording and performing – but no longer requires so much studio equipment – most of which he has owned from new,” Soundgas writes on its website. “He feels it should be in the hands of people who will put it to good use, so it is offered here without formal provenance, with the intention that it continues to be used as intended.”
The John Paul Jones auction runs until Jan. 18. More info can be found at Soundgas.com
Daniel Caesar attends the DKMS Gala 2025 on October 14, 2025, in New York City. (Photo by Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for DKMS Gala)
It’s been nearly eight years, but Daniel Caesar is back on NPR’s Tiny Desk. Accompanied by an upright piano, a guitar and a 12-piece choir, he sang songs from his album Son of Spergy, which was released in late October.
Daniel kicked off with “Rain Down,” before getting into the track “Emily’s Song.” The set also featured performances of “Who Knows” as well as the Bon Iver assisted songs, “Moon” and “Sins of the Father.”
The video is now available to stream on YouTube.
Daniel last appeared on Tiny Deskin 2018, performing songs from 2017’s Freudian. NPR says that performance is among the top 15 most-viewedTiny Desk concerts on the platform.