Cover of Peter Frampton’s ‘Frampton Comes Alive!’/ (A&M/UMe)
Peter Frampton recently celebrated the 50th anniversary of his iconic album Frampton Comes Alive! To mark the occasion, he’s announced a special vinyl reissue.
The album will be released as a limited-edition Vinylphyle double pressing, sourced from the original 1975 production master by Doug Sax. The release includes a four-panel insert featuring a new interview with Frampton.
“I can’t believe it’s now been 50 years since Frampton Comes Alive! was released, but that record still feels like a living, breathing moment in my life,” says Frampton. “When we decided to do this Vinylphyle edition, it was important to me that it be done the right way. I personally asked that the audio be sourced from the original 1975 Doug Sax production master because I wanted it to sound exactly as we heard it back then.”
He adds, “This album was born onstage, and hearing it presented this way on vinyl feels like bringing that energy back to life for longtime fans and new listeners alike.”
Frampton Comes Alive! (Vinylphyle) will be released Jan. 22 and is now available for preorder now.
Frampton Comes Alive! helped launch Frampton to stardom, becoming one of the bestselling live albums of all time, with close to 20 million copies sold worldwide. It features live performances of iconic Frampton tunes like “Show Me the Way,” “Baby, I Love Your Way” and “Do You Feel Like We Do,” all of which became top-15 hits.
The album went on to become Frampton’s only #1 record, spending 10 nonconsecutive weeks at the top of the charts. In 2020, it was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame.
Lamb of God has announced a new album called Into Oblivion.
The follow-up to 2022’s Omens will arrive March 13. It includes the previously released songs “Parasocial Christ” and “Sepsis.”
Lamb of God has also released the Into Oblivion title track alongside its video, which you can watch streaming now on YouTube.
“In general, the album is about the ongoing and rapid breakdown of the social contract, particularly here in America,” says frontman Randy Blythe. “Things are acceptable now that would’ve horrified people just 20 years ago.”
Lamb of God will launch a U.S. tour in support of Into Oblivion in March.
Here’s the Into Oblivion track list: “Into Oblivion” “Parasocial Christ” “Sepsis” “The Killing Floor” “El Vacío” “St. Catherine’s Wheel” “Blunt Force Blues” “Bully” “A Thousand Years” “Devise/Destroy”
According to Billboard, Bruno’s new single, “I Just Might” — his first solo release in nearly 10 years — earned nearly 14 million streams in its first four days of release. Those numbers, the publication says, will ensure “a major debut on next week’s Hot 100.”
Currently, Taylor Swift‘s “The Fate of Ophelia” is #1, though she’s just released a new remix; whether Bruno will manage to knock her off the top of the chart remains to be seen.
Bruno’s entire catalog, meanwhile, has experienced a 75% increase on streaming as a result of the news of his new album The Romantic, arriving on Feb. 27.
Demand has also prompted him to add 31 new dates to his upcoming The Romantic world tour. According to concert promoter Live Nation, Bruno set the record for the company’s largest single-day ticket sales in North America. He’ll play three or four nights in cities including Vancouver; Paris; Toronto; East Rutherford, New Jersey; Amsterdam; and LA, while London will a host a total of six shows.
Minnesota State Troopers hold back a crowd after Federal law enforcement officers confronted residents following a shooting incident in Minneapolis, Minnesota, US, early on Thursday, Jan. 15, 2026. (Photographer: Victor J. Blue/Bloomberg via Getty Images
(MINNEAPOLIS) — The Department of Homeland Security said a federal law enforcement officer shot a person in Minneapolis on Wednesday evening, saying the latter fled a traffic stop and then — along with two other people — began attacking the officer.
“Fearing for his life and safety as he was being ambushed by three individuals, the officer fired defensive shots to defend his life,” DHS said in a statement on social media. “The initial subject was hit in the leg.”
Both the officer and the person who was shot were taken to the hospital, DHS said.
Minneapolis Police Chief Brian O’Hara said the person shot was an “adult male,” and that his injuries were not believed to be life-threatening.
DHS said federal law enforcement officers were conducting a “targeted traffic stop” Wednesday evening at 6:50 p.m. local time. The DHS statement identified the person being stopped as “an illegal alien from Venezuela.”
DHS said the person drove away in his car, crashed into a parked vehicle and then fled on foot.
When a pursuing officer caught up to the person, “the subject began to resist and violently assault the officer,” DHS said in the statement.
“While the subject and law enforcement were in a struggle on the ground, two subjects came out of a nearby apartment and also attacked the law enforcement officer with a snow shovel and broom handle,” the statement said.
The statement added, “As the officer was being ambushed and attacked by the two individuals, the original subject got loose and began striking the officer with a shovel or broom stick.”
After the officer fired, the three people ran back into the apartment and barricaded themselves inside, DHS claimed in the statement.
It’s unclear from the statement when and how an arrest was made, but DHS said both of the two people, who were not shot, it alleges attacked the officer were taken into custody.
A crowd later gathered at the scene of the second shooting. O’Hara said the crowd amounted to an “unlawful assembly” and accused some people of throwing fireworks and rocks at officers.
“People need to leave. This is already a very tense situation and we do not need this to escalate any further,” O’Hara told reporters at a news conference Wednesday night.
Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey said the situation was “not sustainable” and urged residents to protest peacefully.
“There’s still a lot that we don’t know at this time,” Frey said. “But what I can tell you for certain is that this is not sustainable. This is an impossible situation that our city is being put in.”
ICE and Border Patrol officers are “creating chaos,” in the city, Frey said, adding, “I’ve seen conduct from ICE that is disgusting and is intolerable. If it were your city, it would be unacceptable there too.”
ICE officials have disputed those claims, saying federal officers are seeking only those who’ve broken the law. “If Frey truly cared about safety in his community, he would work with ICE to get the worst of the WORST out of Minnesota,” the agency said on Wednesday.
Customs and Border Patrol said on Monday that additional officers were “are on their way to restore order and we welcome cooperation from state and local law enforcement” in Minneapolis. The agency, which sits under the DHS, described Frey’s leadership as “weak,” accusing his administration of encouraging “lawlessness.”
“We are not going to let our officers be attacked in an aggressive manner and sit idly by,” Gregory K. Bovino, a senior Border Patrol official, said on Wednesday. “In addition to the most important mission of enforcing Title 8 Immigration laws, we will also arrest those who attack and assault our agents. You will go to jail.”
Frey said protesters should avoid confrontations with federal officers. “And for anyone that is taking the bait tonight — stop,” he said. “That is not helpful. Go home. We cannot counter Donald Trump’s chaos with our own brand of chaos.”
Frey said there were 600 Minneapolis Police Department officers working to “keep our streets safe” as the protests continued. About 3,000 federal officers had been dispatched to Minnesota, he said.
In a rare primetime address, Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz Wednesday called on President Trump and DHS Secretary Kristi Noem to “end this occupation” in Minnesota,
“Donald Trump wants this chaos. He wants confusion, and yes, he wants more violence on our streets. We cannot give him what he wants,” Walz said. “We can, we must protest loudly, urgently, but also peacefully. Indeed, as hard as we will fight in the courts and at the ballot box, we cannot and will not let violence prevail.”
Noem had said on Tuesday that the ICE officers were on the scene for an operation that was “rapidly removing the criminal illegal aliens who have found sanctuary in Tim Walz’s Minnesota.”
“The men and women of DHS law enforcement are working day and night to arrest and deport sickos, dirtbags, and fraudsters from across the state,” she added.
Deputy Attorney General Todd Blanche, meanwhile, accused both Frey and Walz of inciting unrest.
“Minnesota insurrection is a direct result of a FAILED governor and a TERRIBLE mayor encouraging violence against law enforcement,” Blanche said on Wednesday on social media. “It’s disgusting.”
He added, “Walz and Frey — I’m focused on stopping YOU from your terrorism by whatever means necessary. This is not a threat. It’s a promise.”
Twenty One Pilots at 2025 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony. (Disney/Frank Micelotta)
Twenty One Pilots have shared the trailer for their upcoming concert film, More Than We Ever Imagined.
As previously reported, More Than We Ever Imagined was recorded during the “Stressed Out” duo’s 2025 sold-out stadium show in Mexico City.
“Being surrounded by that many people while playing a piano, it’s the closest I get to remembering why I fell in love with music,” frontman Tyler Joseph says in the clip.
You can watch the More Than We Ever Imagined trailer streaming now on YouTube.
More Than We Ever Imagined will be released in IMAX and theaters worldwide on Feb. 26. Exclusive IMAX previews begin Feb. 25.
Tickets are on sale now. For all screening and ticket info, visit TwentyOnePilots.film.
RAYE attends the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, November, 2025 (Disney/Cristian Lopez)
RAYE is nominated for best music film at the 2026 Grammy Awards, but the night before the ceremony, she’ll receive a special merit award from the Recording Academy — for a song released in 2023.
RAYE will receive the Harry Belafonte Award for best song for social change for her song “Ice Cream Man.,” which appears on her debut album, My 21st Century Blues. The award was established in 2022 to honor writers who create “message-driven music that speaks to the social issues of our time,” according to the Academy.
“Ice Cream Man.” is a harrowing song about the guilt and PTSD that the narrator experiences following a sexual assault by a music producer. RAYE sings, “Coming like the ice cream man/ Till I felt his ice-cold hands/ And how I pay the pricе now, damn… / Everything you did, it left mе in a ruin/ And no, I didn’t say a word.”
RAYE co-wrote the song with Michael Tucker and Mike Sabath, who will be honored alongside her. RAYE and Sabath also wrote her current hit, “Where Is My Husband!”
In a statement, Harvey Mason Jr., CEO of the Recording Academy, said, “This song is a powerful reminder of music’s unique ability to raise awareness, inspire change and provide a voice to those too often unheard.”
RAYE will receive the award Jan. 31 at LA’s Wilshire Ebell Theatre. That evening, other Grammy merit honors — including Lifetime Achievement and Trustees Awards — will be presented to artists such as Carlos Santana, Chaka Khan, Cher, the late Whitney Houston and Paul Simon.
The 98th annual Academy Awards, airing March 15 on ABC. (The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences)
The hosts for the 2026 Oscar nominations have been announced.
Ahead of the 98th Academy Awards, it was revealed on Good Morning America Thursday that actress Danielle Brooks and actor Lewis Pullman will be revealing all the nominees.
Brooks, who is an Oscar nominee for her role in The Color Purple, was recently nominated for a Critics Choice Award for best supporting actress in a comedy series for her performance in the hit HBO Max series, Peacemaker.
The actress also recently starred alongside Michelle Pfeiffer in the Amazon Prime holiday film, Oh. What. Fun.
Pullman is known for starring in several blockbuster films including Top Gun: Maverick and Marvel’s Thunderbolts.
The actor was nominated for an Emmy in 2024 for best supporting actor in a limited series or movie made for television for his performance in the hit Apple TV+ show Lessons in Chemistry alongside Brie Larson.
He most recently starred in The Testament of Ann Lee alongside Amanda Seyfried, which has been nominated for several awards so far this season, including two Critics Choice Awards for best actress and best song and one Golden Globe for best performance by a female actor in a motion picture – musical or comedy.
Nominations voting for the 98th Academy Awards will conclude tomorrow and will be announced on Thursday, Jan. 22, on Good Morning America.
The 2026 Oscars will air on Sunday, March 15, at 7 p.m. ET on ABC.
Conan O’Brien will return as host for the second year in a row.
(NEW YORK) — Former college All-American Antonio Blakeney is among 17 basketball players charged in a point-shaving scheme to fix games in the NCAA and Chinese Basketball Association and rig bets, according to an indictment unsealed Thursday in Philadelphia.
Federal officials are announcing the charges on Thursday.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
Bob Weir attends the 2025 MusiCares Persons of the Year Honoring The Grateful Dead at the Los Angeles Convention Center on January 31, 2025 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty Images for The Recording Academy)
The life of Grateful Dead founding member Bob Weir will be celebrated with a gathering Saturday in San Francisco, birthplace of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame band.
Homecoming: Celebrating the life of Bobby Weir, will take place at Civic Center Plaza at 12:45 p.m. PT, and will be free and open to the public.
An announcement on social media describes Weir as an artist “whose music, spirit, and humanity shaped generations,” noting, “Together, we will pay tribute in the community and collective heartbeat that he created.”
“A short sacred stop on his homecoming journey, the gathering will center on gratitude, remembrance, and togetherness, along with special tributes to honor Bobby,” the announcement continues.
It’s important to note, the celebration is not a concert and there will be no live music. There will be a procession ahead of the celebration that will travel three blocks down Market Street starting at 12:30 p.m.
Fans interested in being at the celebration are asked to RSVP prior to attending.
Weir’s death was announced on social media Saturday, January 10. He was 78. According to the announcement he was diagnosed with cancer in July, and had started undergoing treatment just weeks before Dead & Company would take the stage in August for three shows at San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park. Although he beat cancer, he ultimately “succumbed to underlying lung issues.”
The official trailer for The Lincoln Lawyer season 4 has arrived. Netflix released the new trailer for the upcoming season that debuts on Feb. 5. The 10-episode season finds Mickey Haller, played by Manuel Garcia-Rulfo, coming face to face with his most challenging case yet — his own …
The upcoming God of War series at Prime Video has cast Ryan Hurst to play the lead character of Kratos. Hurst previously played Thor in the Playstation game God of War Ragnarök and already has established familiarity with the franchise. God of War is based on the popular ancient mythology-themed Playstation video game. It has already received a two-season order from the streamer …
Taylor Tomlinson is going back to her stand-up roots. The comedian will debut her fourth comedy special, Prodigal Daughter, on Netflix Feb. 24. This hourlong special finds Tomlinson unpacking religion. She talks about what it’s like to deconstruct your faith, process religious trauma, explore your sexuality and confront a fear of death. The special was filmed at Fountain Street Church in Grand Rapids, Michigan. In addition to performing and writing this comedy special, Tomlinson directed it and serves as an executive producer …