Chris Stapleton expands the 2026 All-American Road Show

Chris Stapleton expands the 2026 All-American Road Show
Chris Stapleton expands the 2026 All-American Road Show
Chris Stapleton’s All-American Roadshow (Live Nation)

Chris Stapleton is adding four new concerts to his 2026 All-American Road Show. 

Thanks to demand, the ACM male vocalist of the year is adding second shows June 27 in North Charleston, South Carolina; July 11 in Chula Vista, California; July 25 in George, Washington; and July 30 in Shakopee, Minnesota.

Tickets for the new stops go on sale Friday. 

Currently, Chris has a top-20 hit with “A Song to Sing” with Miranda Lambert, just as his breakthrough, “Tennessee Whiskey,” became the only country song in history to be certified Double Diamond, moving 20 million units. 

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Mia McKenna-Bruce says Sam Mendes’ Beatles films are ‘absolutely next level’

Mia McKenna-Bruce says Sam Mendes’ Beatles films are ‘absolutely next level’
Mia McKenna-Bruce says Sam Mendes’ Beatles films are ‘absolutely next level’
Mia Mckenna-Bruce attends the “The Fence” screening during the 69th BFI London Film Festival at the Vue West End on October 18, 2025 in London, England. (Photo by Stuart C. Wilson/Getty Images for BFI)

Actress Mia McKenna-Bruce is set to play Ringo Starr’s late wife Maureen Starkey in Sam Mendes’ The Beatles — A Four-Film Cinematic Event, and she certainly sounds excited by the project.

She tells Variety that her experience on the project so far has been “absolutely next level,” noting that a read through with the cast was “really emotional, because the scripts are so beautiful.”

The films star Paul Mescal as Paul McCartney, Harris Dickinson as John Lennon, Joseph Quinn as George Harrison and Barry Keoghan as Ringo. McKenna-Bruce says the first time she saw them in their roles she didn’t recognize them, noting, “it was phenomenal.”

“They’ve done it beautifully in getting it bang on for the Beatles, but still holding on to the essences of the boys themselves as well. They’re all genius,” she continues. “And the boys have gone tenfold into playing these roles and know them inside out and back to front — they will question everything in the scripts to make sure it tells the right story. And Sam knows everything there is to know about the Beatles.”

As for what she’s learned about her character, McKenna-Bruce says Maureen was “loved by all the Beatles boys.”

“If she went into a room or party, she’d be the person that would go over to whoever was sat on their own — she wanted to make everyone felt included and was just a really good human,” she says. She adds that Maureen preferred to stay at home and “stayed out of the Beatlemania.”

And while McKenna-Bruce isn’t allowed to say much more about the films, due out in April 2028, she wishes she could.

“I just cannot wait for people to see this, because I really need to scream about it,” she says.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Appeals court says judge had no jurisdiction to order Mahmoud Khalil’s release

Appeals court says judge had no jurisdiction to order Mahmoud Khalil’s release
Appeals court says judge had no jurisdiction to order Mahmoud Khalil’s release
Selcuk Acar/Anadolu via Getty Images

(NEW YORK) — A federal appeals court ruled Thursday a judge had no jurisdiction to order Columbia University pro-Palestinian activist Mahmoud Khalil released from immigration detention last summer, a decision that could lead to his re-arrest.

Khalil, a green card holder who is married to an American citizen, was released from ICE custody last June following his arrest by ICE agents in New York City in March.

U.S. District Judge Michael Farbiarz issued an order on June 20 granting Khalil ‘s release on bail after determining that he presented neither a danger nor a flight risk and that extraordinary circumstances justified his temporary release while his habeas case proceeded — a decision that was sharply criticized by the Trump administration.

On Thursday, the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ordered Judge Farbiarz to dismiss a petition Khalil had filed challenging his detention, on the grounds that Farbiarz lacked jurisdiction in the case.

“On consideration whereof, it is now ORDERED and ADJUDGED that the District Court’s orders entered on April 29, May 28, June 11, June 20, and July 17, 2025, are hereby VACATED and the case is REMANDED to the District Court with instructions to dismiss the petition for lack of subject-matter jurisdiction,” the opinion said.

Khalil was picked up at his Columbia University housing complex last March and jailed as part of the Trump administration’s crackdown on pro-Palestinian protests. He spent about three months in a Louisiana detention center and missed the birth of his son.

Khalil was detained on the basis of Secretary of State Marco Rubio’s determination that Khali’s speech would “compromise a compelling U.S. foreign policy interest.” Judge Farbiarz granted Khalil’s request for a preliminary injunction after concluding that he would continue to suffer irreparable harm if the government continued efforts to detain and deport him.

Prior to ordering his release, the judge also found that Khalil was likely to succeed on the merits of his constitutional challenge to his detention and attempted deportation on the “foreign policy ground.”

“Today’s ruling is deeply disappointing, but it does not break our resolve,” Khalil said in a statement Thursday. “The door may have been opened for potential re-detainment down the line, but it has not closed our commitment to Palestine and to justice and accountability. I will continue to fight, through every legal avenue and with every ounce of determination, until my rights, and the rights of others like me, are fully protected.”

Khalil’s lawyers said they are now considering whether to pursue an appeal to the full circuit — an interim step before a possible appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court.

“Today’s decision is deeply disappointing, and by not deciding or addressing the First Amendment violations at the core of this case, it undermines the role federal courts must play in preventing flagrant constitutional violations,” said Bobby Hodgson, deputy legal director at the New York Civil Liberties Union.

“The Trump administration violated the Constitution by targeting Mahmoud Khalil, detaining him thousands of miles from home, and retaliating against him for his speech,” Hodgson said. “Dissent is not grounds for detention or deportation, and we will continue to pursue all legal options to ensure Mahmoud’s rights are vindicated.” 

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

J. Cole releases ‘Disc 2 Track 2’ following ‘The Fall-Off’ announcement

J. Cole releases ‘Disc 2 Track 2’ following ‘The Fall-Off’ announcement
J. Cole releases ‘Disc 2 Track 2’ following ‘The Fall-Off’ announcement
‘The Fall-Off’ cover art (Dreamville Records)

Hours after announcing the release date for his long-awaited album, The Fall-Off, J. Cole surprised fans with what appears to be a music video for its lead single. Titled “Disc 2 Track 2,” the video opens with a note in which he reflects on the decadelong process of making the album.

“For the past 10 years, this album has been hand crafted with one intention: a personal challenge to myself to create my best work. To do on my last what I was unable to do on my first,” Cole wrote. “I had no way of knowing how much time, focus and energy it would eventually take to achieve this, but despite the countless challenges along the way, I knew in my heart I would one day get to the finish line. I owed it first and foremost to myself. And secondly, I owed it to hip hop.”

The video then cuts to Cole seated in a room and holding a notepad, struggling to write as he rips out pages and tosses them aside. The lyrics find him charting his life in reverse, much like Nas did on his 2001 song “Rewind.”

The Fall-Off release date was revealed Wednesday alongside the album artwork and a video of Cole engaging in his daily activities. The clip was soundtracked by comedian Dan Harumi’s video “How Long Is America Supposed to Last?” in which he explores the natural cycle of success and decline of most things in the U.S.

The Fall-Off arrives Feb. 6, with Cole’s new song title leading to speculation that it will be a double project.

(Video contains uncensored profanity.)

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Here comes ‘The Bride!’ trailer, starring Jessie Buckley and Christian Bale

Here comes ‘The Bride!’ trailer, starring Jessie Buckley and Christian Bale
Here comes ‘The Bride!’ trailer, starring Jessie Buckley and Christian Bale
Jessie Buckley as The Bride in Warner Bros. Pictures ‘THE BRIDE!’ a Warner Bros. Pictures release. (Courtesy of Warner Bros. Pictures)

Here comes The Bride! – back from the grave.

The first trailer has been released for Maggie Gyllenhaal’s take on the Bride of Frankenstein, starring Hamnet’s Jessie Buckley as the Bride and Christian Bale as Frankenstein’s monster.

Set in 1930s Chicago, we see Buckley as a murdered young woman who gets brought back to life to be a companion for Bale’s Frankenstein. But the Bride is not what anyone expected.

Together, the Bride and Frankenstein embark on a crime spree and spark a cultural movement.

“The dead have got something to say,” the Bride says in the trailer. “And I’m saying it.”

Maggie Gyllenhaal wrote and directed the film, which also stars her brother, Jake Gyllenhaal, and her husband, Peter Sarsgaard, as well as Annette Bening and Penelope Cruz.

Jake Gyllenhaal shared the trailer on Instagram and wrote, “I‘ve looked up to my sister my whole life. I admire her more than almost anyone in the world. Not only is she an extraordinary human being, she’s also an artistic North Star. This is her next film and I am beyond honored to be a part of it. It’s gonna blow your mind.”

The Bride! hits theaters March 6.

 

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Bad Omens, Limp Bizkit, Disturbed headlining 2026 Inkcarceration

Bad Omens, Limp Bizkit, Disturbed headlining 2026 Inkcarceration
Bad Omens, Limp Bizkit, Disturbed headlining 2026 Inkcarceration
Inkcarceration 2026 lineup. (Danny Wimmer Presents)

Bad Omens, Limp Bizkit and Disturbed are headlining Inkcarceration 2026, taking place July 17-19 in Mansfield, Ohio. 

As always, the music and tattoo festival will be held on the grounds of the Ohio State Reformatory, the historic prison where The Shawshank Redemption was filmed.

The bill also includes Papa Roach, Gojira, A Day to Remember, The Used, Motionless in White, Ice Nine Kills, Sleeping with Sirens, Poppy, Hollywood Undead and Starset, among many others.

Tickets are on sale now. For the full lineup and all ticket info, visit Inkcarceration.com.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Birthday boy Pitbull announces North American tour

Birthday boy Pitbull announces North American tour
Birthday boy Pitbull announces North American tour
Pitbull, I’m Back Tour (Live Nation)

Pitbull celebrates his 45th birthday Thursday, and he’s given fans a gift: a tour announcement.

The rapper’s I’m Back Tour kicks off May 14 in West Palm Beach, Florida, with special guest Lil Jon. It’s set to wrap up Sept. 26 in Shakopee, Minnesota.

An artist presale starts Jan. 28 at 10 a.m. local time — you can sign up for it at livemu.sc/pitbull. The tickets go on sale Jan. 30 at 10 a.m. via LiveNation.com. VIP packages are also available via VIPNation.com.

Pitbull will warm up for the tour Jan. 19 when he performs at the Allstate Championship Tailgate before the 2026 College Football Playoff National Championship in Miami Gardens. 

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

See Rod Stewart lead a pub sing-along in Scotland

See Rod Stewart lead a pub sing-along in Scotland
See Rod Stewart lead a pub sing-along in Scotland
Rod Stewart before the Premier Sports Cup Semi-final match at Hampden Park, Glasgow. Picture date: Sunday November 2, 2025. (Jane Barlow/PA Images via Getty Images)

Rod Stewart will sing anywhere — even in a Scottish pub on a weeknight.

The Glasgow Times reports that Rod was in the Scottish city of Falkirk on Wednesday to watch his favorite soccer team, Celtic, play. In video shared on the Instagram Story of his Wolfie’s whisky brand, Rod can be seen doing karaoke to the song “Have You Ever Seen the Rain” by Creedence Clearwater Revival, accompanied by his son Alastair Stewart and others.

According to the paper, as he left the pub Rod hugged one of the customers and said, “Cheers everybody, God bless.”

Rod released his version of “Have You Ever Seen the Rain” as the first single from his 2006 album, Still the Same… Great Rock Classics of Our Time, which debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 chart.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

‘Springsteen: Deliver Me From Nowhere’ sets Hulu debut

‘Springsteen: Deliver Me From Nowhere’ sets Hulu debut
‘Springsteen: Deliver Me From Nowhere’ sets Hulu debut
Artwork for ‘Springsteen: Deliver Me From Nowhere’ Hulu debut (Courtesy of Walt Disney Home Entertainment))

The Bruce Springsteen biopic Springsteen: Deliver Me From Nowhere is set for its streaming debut.

The film, starring The Bear’s Jeremy Allen White as The Boss and Jeremy Strong as his manager, Jon Landau, will debut on Hulu and Hulu on Disney+ Jan. 23. It also stars Stephen Graham, Paul Walter Hauser and Gaby Hoffmann.

Directed by Scott Cooper, the movie follows Springsteen’s efforts to make his 1982 solo album, Nebraska. The album featured 10 acoustic songs Springsteen originally recorded as demos on a four-track recorder. He’d planned to rerecord them with the E Street Band but instead released them as a solo acoustic record.

As previously announced, Springsteen: Deliver Me From Nowhere will also be released on 4K Blu-ray on Jan. 20, with the release including the four-act documentary Making Springsteen: Deliver Me From Nowhere.

The documentary’s four parts cover the process of adapting Warren Zanes’ 2023 book, Deliver Me from Nowhere: The Making of Bruce Springsteen’s Nebraska, for the big screen; a look at the album Nebraska; a deep dive into actor White’s process of becoming Springsteen for the film; and what it took to capture Springsteen’s New Jersey during the era of the movie.

Disney is the parent company of ABC News and Hulu.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

See first look at Sophie Turner as Lara Croft in ‘Tomb Raider’

See first look at Sophie Turner as Lara Croft in ‘Tomb Raider’
See first look at Sophie Turner as Lara Croft in ‘Tomb Raider’
Sophie Turner as Lara Croft in ‘Tomb Raider.’ (Jay Maidment for Prime Video. Image captured on the backlot of the ‘Tomb Raider’ production stages.)

Sophie Turner is the new Lara Croft.

With the Tomb Raider reboot series officially in production, Amazon MGM Studios has released a first-look image of the former Game of Thrones star looking the part of the iconic video game character.

Turner looks ready for adventure, sporting a green tank top, black shorts, red-tinted sunglasses and Croft’s signature gun holsters.

The series, from showrunner Phoebe Waller-Bridge, also stars Sigourney Weaver and Jason Isaacs. It’s set to air on Prime Video.

Turner is the latest actress to take on the role of Lara Croft. Angelina Jolie previously played the part in 2001’s Lara Croft: Tomb Raider and its sequel, 2003’s The Cradle of Life. Alicia Vikander took over the role in the 2018 reboot, Tomb Raider.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.