R&B legend D’Angelo dies at 51

R&B legend D’Angelo dies at 51
R&B legend D’Angelo dies at 51
Singer/Songwriter D’Angelo performs with his band The Vanguard at Club Nokia on June 8, 2015 in Los Angeles, California. Earl Gibson Iii/WireImage/Getty Images

Grammy-winning R&B artist and neo-soul pioneer D’Angelo has died, his family said Tuesday. He was 51.

The singer-songwriter and musician, who was born Michael Eugene Archer, was known for his songs “Brown Sugar,” “Lady,” “Untitled (How Does It Feel)” and more.

“The shining star of our family has dimmed his light for us in this life[.] … After a prolonged and courageous battle with cancer, we are heartbroken to announce that Michael D’Angelo Archer, known to his fans around the world as D’Angelo, has been called home, departing this life today, October 14th, 2025,” his family said in a statement shared with ABC News.

They continued, “We are saddened that he can only leave dear memories with his family, but we are eternally grateful for the legacy of extraordinarily moving music he leaves behind.”

“We ask that you respect our privacy during this difficult time but invite you all join us in mourning his passing while also celebrating the gift of song that he has left for the world,” the family added.

D’Angelo is survived by his three children, Imani Archer, Morocco Archer and Michael Archer. He shared Michael Archer with late singer Angie Stone, who passed away in March in a car crash following a concert in Alabama.

This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Nicki Minaj alleges thousands of dollars’ worth of unauthorized charges were made to her Amex card

Nicki Minaj alleges thousands of dollars’ worth of unauthorized charges were made to her Amex card
Nicki Minaj alleges thousands of dollars’ worth of unauthorized charges were made to her Amex card
Nicki Minaj performs onstage during her Pink Friday 2 World Tour – New York at Madison Square Garden on September 07, 2024 in New York City. (Photo by Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images for Live Nation)

Nicki Minaj has alleged that several unauthorized charges were made to her American Express card. In a series of posts on her Instagram Story Tuesday, captured by Vibe, she shared screenshots showing transactions totaling up nearly $25,000, some of which she says were made by “three different people in a span of two months.”

“Some couldn’t even explain how they had the brand new card number. Hmmm,” Nicki wrote, adding that a few of the alleged thieves have been at it for years and will “all be going to jail.”

She also claimed that one of the alleged offenders has been tracking her with a tracking device and that a fourth person was allegedly “stealing from the Barbz.”

“Let’s see if they’ll go to jail for their ring leaders. Let’s see if they’ll save themselves or be apart [sic] of the RICO,” Nicki wrote.

“Everyone who got caught said the dumbest s***. Caught RED handed being thieves & worse,” she later added. “I wonder if their other clients know that they’re thieves. Welp.”

Nicki’s post arrives just days after a heated exchange with Cardi B, who claimed Nicki’s husband, Kenneth Petty, had been maxing out Nicki’s credit cards and using her money “to buy hood chains.”

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Opry Goes Pink with Amy Grant, Carrie Underwood & more

Opry Goes Pink with Amy Grant, Carrie Underwood & more
Opry Goes Pink with Amy Grant, Carrie Underwood & more
Opry Goes Pink (Grand Ole Opry)

Amy Grant will do the honors this year as the Opry Goes Pink for the 17th time to help in the fight against breast cancer.

The “Baby Baby” hitmaker will flip the ceremonial switch to turn the Opry’s signature barn backdrop pink for the night and raise money for Susan G. Komen.

Carrie Underwood, Mandy Barnett, Riders in the Sky and Sophia Scott are among the other artists set to play the Oct. 25 show. 

The Opry will donate $5 for every ticket sold to Susan G. Komen, the world’s leading nonprofit in the fight against breast cancer.

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Iron Maiden announces 40th anniversary ‘Live After Death’ vinyl reissue

Iron Maiden announces 40th anniversary ‘Live After Death’ vinyl reissue
Iron Maiden announces 40th anniversary ‘Live After Death’ vinyl reissue
‘Live After Death’ reissue package. (BMG)

Iron Maiden has announced a 40th anniversary vinyl reissue of their 1985 live album, Live After Death.

The two-LP set will be released on Dec. 12. It features the 2015 remaster of the original album, which was recorded during Maiden’s World Slavery Tour in support of their 1984 album, Powerslave.

“We were touring our a**** off,” says bassist Steve Harris. “It was literally just, ‘record, tour, record, tour’ – we didn’t stop. [Manager] Rod [Smallwood] was cracking the old whip, and that was the right thing to do.”

“I mean, we were totally up for it, it’s not like we were doing stuff that we didn’t want to do,” Harris continues. “You think you’re invincible – ‘Yeah, we’ll take that on, no problem.’ That’s the way to crack it. It’s the only way for a band like us because we had no radio play whatsoever back then.”

The reissue also includes a replica 24-page tour program and tour pass, as well as an accompanying essay featuring interviews with Harris, Smallwood and drummer Nicko McBrain.

In other Maiden-related news, frontman Bruce Dickinson has shared a video of him performing the U.S. national anthem during a hockey game between the Los Angeles Kings and Colorado Avalanche.

Dickinson previously sang “The Star-Spangled Banner” at an NFL game between the Seattle Seahawks and Pittsburgh Steelers.

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Instead of a tour documentary, Charli XCX made ‘The Moment’

Instead of a tour documentary, Charli XCX made ‘The Moment’
Instead of a tour documentary, Charli XCX made ‘The Moment’
Charli XCX attends the Saint Laurent Womenswear Spring/Summer 2026 show, Paris, September, 2025 (Stephane Cardinale – Corbis/Corbis via Getty Images)

Charli XCX‘s upcoming movie The Moment was inspired by her desire to avoid making a different movie: a documentary capturing her Sweat tour with Troye Sivan.

Speaking to Vanity Fair for a cover story, Charli explains why she didn’t like the idea of documenting the tour. “I feel like my problem with a lot of musician documentaries is it often shows the musician coming up against some kind of opposition and eventually overcoming it to be the hero,” she says. “And that’s just not been my experience, you know?”

Instead she made The Moment, which director Aidan Zamiri tells Vanity Fair is about what would have happened if Charli had made “entirely different choices” around the release and promotion of her iconic album Brat.

Charli says she plays “sort of a hell version of myself” in the film, adding, “It’s not a tour documentary or a concert film in any way, but the seed of the idea was conceived from this idea of being pressured to make one. It’s fiction, but it’s the realest depiction of the music industry that I’ve ever seen.”

The film stars Alexander Skarsgård, who plays, as the actor puts it, “someone the record label convinces Charli is the hottest director out there at the moment; the right person to capture the essence of Charli XCX and get the most out of this phenomenon that Brat was.”

Along with The Moment, Charli is appearing in no less than six other movies, which is why she says she recently stopped getting Botox. It was affecting her ability to use her face to act and making her eyebrows do “crazy” things, she says, though she admits, “I miss it.”

 

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Watch Slash rip solo in video for ‘Lost Boys’ musical song ‘Have to Have You’

Watch Slash rip solo in video for ‘Lost Boys’ musical song ‘Have to Have You’
Watch Slash rip solo in video for ‘Lost Boys’ musical song ‘Have to Have You’
Slash on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’ (Disney/Randy Holmes)

Welcome to Santa Carla, we have vampires and also Slash.

The Guns N’ Roses guitarist lends his shredding skills to a new song called “Have to Have You,” recorded for the new Broadway musical adaptation of the ’80s cult classic The Lost Boys.

The video for “Have to Have You,” which features footage of Slash recording the track’s solo, is available on YouTube.

Speaking with Billboard, musical cast member Ali Louis Bourzgui recalls what it was like to record with the GN’R legend.

“Slash is sitting down, so chill in his chair and he pulls out his guitar and plays this absolutely insane solo, as he does, in one or two takes and is like, ‘Is that good?'” Bourzgui says. “This incredible, mathematical, insane solo.”

The Lost Boys: A New Musical is set to open at New York City’s Palace Theatre on March 27.

Somehow, The Lost Boys isn’t the only ’80s property getting a revival with some help from Slash. He’s also featured on the theme song for the new movie Deathstalker, a remake of the 1983 fantasy film of the same name.

(Video contains uncensored profanity.) 



Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Teyana Taylor releases music video for ‘Hard Part’ feat. Lucky Daye

Teyana Taylor releases music video for ‘Hard Part’ feat. Lucky Daye
Teyana Taylor releases music video for ‘Hard Part’ feat. Lucky Daye
Teyana Taylor at Disney Advertising Upfront. Disney/Jose Alvarado

Teyana Taylor has released the music video for “Hard Part” featuring Lucky Daye.

In the song, they grapple with changes they notice in their relationship, which appears to be unraveling. The video captures Lucky, overwhelmed with emotion, looking out the window in his home, while Teyana stumbles down a dirt road. Lucky then hops into his car and runs into Teyana, who gets in for the ride. The two spend the drive processing their thoughts, before making a pit stop at the gas station.

“I got a few questions for you/ S*** is gettin’ real confusin’/ Do you want this or do you don’t?” Teyana sings, to which Lucky later responds, “I can feel you from here/ Closing spaces we fill up with tears/ Time and energy lost, can’t get back/ Don’t want to feel all these feelings I’m feelin’, I can’t react.”

“Hard Part” was directed by Teyana’s The Aunties Inc. production company and shot against the landscape of Joshua Tree. It marks the latest in Teyana’s rollout for her comeback album, Escape Room, which marked her first studio album since retiring in 2020; the project was accompanied by the release of a homonymous short film.

 

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

‘Bar None’ becomes Jordan Davis’ 9th #1

‘Bar None’ becomes Jordan Davis’ 9th #1
‘Bar None’ becomes Jordan Davis’ 9th #1
Jordan Davis (Disney/Randy Holmes)

Jordan Davis is celebrating his ninth #1 as “Bar None” takes its place at the top of the Mediabase country chart. 

“Grateful to get to call this a job and grateful to get to do it with some awesome people…Thank you to everyone that helped make ‘Bar None’ the #1 song at Country Radio,” he posted on Instagram. “Mostly thanks to the best fans in the world for loving this one from the first time we played it live, y’all are the best…Thank you.”

Jordan’s post also includes a video of him doing a shot backstage with his band to mark the milestone, as well as him announcing the news in concert before his “Bar None” performance turned into a huge sing-along. 

Jordan has already picked out what may be his 10th chart-topper. “Turn This Truck Around,” from his new Learn the Hard Way album, is his new radio single. 

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Boy George & Culture Club announce limited engagement in Las Vegas

Boy George & Culture Club announce limited engagement in Las Vegas
Boy George & Culture Club announce limited engagement in Las Vegas
Boy George & Culture Club Las Vegas artwork/(Courtesy of Live Nation)

Boy George & Culture Club are the latest artists headed to Las Vegas.

The “Karma Chameleon” singers have booked a six-night limited engagement at The Venetian Theatre inside The Venetian Resort Las Vegas, taking place in March 2026.

A Citi presale for tickets begins Tuesday at 10 a.m. PT, with additional presales running throughout the week. Tickets go on sale to the general public Friday at 10 a.m. PT.

The last time Boy George & Culture Club played Las Vegas was back in 2023.

Culture Club is the subject of the documentary Boy George & Culture Club, which premiered in June at the Tribeca Festival. Boy George is also set to appear in the new holiday movie Christmas Karma, in which he’ll be playing The Ghost of Christmas Future. The film, from Bend It Like Beckham director Gurinder Chadha, hits theaters Nov. 14.

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Twenty One Pilots, The Cure to headline 2026 Electric Castle festival in Transylvania

Twenty One Pilots, The Cure to headline 2026 Electric Castle festival in Transylvania
Twenty One Pilots, The Cure to headline 2026 Electric Castle festival in Transylvania
Tyler Joseph of Twenty One Pilots performs at TQL Stadium on September 18, 2025 in Cincinnati, Ohio. (Kevin Mazur/Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for Live Nation)

Twenty One Pilots and The Cure are headed to the land of Dracula to headline the 2026 Electric Castle festival.

The four-day event takes place July 16-19 at the Bánffy Castle in the Transylvania region of Romania.

The full lineup has yet to be revealed, but you can get tickets now via ElectricCastle.ro.

Twenty One Pilots previously performed at Electric Castle in 2022, and opened their set with a mash-up of their hit “Heathens” and the Stranger Things theme song.

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.