Limp Bizkit’s Fred Durst honors ‘legend’ Sam Rivers: ‘He’s such a special person’

Limp Bizkit’s Fred Durst honors ‘legend’ Sam Rivers: ‘He’s such a special person’
Limp Bizkit’s Fred Durst honors ‘legend’ Sam Rivers: ‘He’s such a special person’
Fred Durst and Sam Rivers of Limp Bizkit perform live onstage during day two of Reading Festival 2025 at Richfield Avenue on August 23, 2025 in Reading, England. (Simone Joyner/Getty Images)

Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst has shared a video tribute to his late bandmate, bassist Sam Rivers.

“Sam Rivers, the legend, truly,” Durst begins. “Such a gifted, unbelievably sweet and wonderful person.”

Durst co-founded Limp Bizkit with Rivers, and tells the story of how he saw the bassist play in a local bar and decided to form a band with him.

“I saw Sam play and I was blown away,” Durst recalls. “He was so smooth and good and he stood out, and I could hear nothing else but Sam.”

Rivers and Durst would end up playing on every Limp Bizkit album together.

“What he’s left us behind is priceless,” Durst says. “He’s such a special person.”

Limp Bizkit announced news of Rivers’ death on Saturday. He was 48.

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Charli XCX sings with Lorde, hits Academy gala in the same night

Charli XCX sings with Lorde, hits Academy gala in the same night
Charli XCX sings with Lorde, hits Academy gala in the same night
Charli XCX attends the 5th Annual Academy Museum Gala at Academy Museum of Motion Pictures, October, 2025, Los Angeles (Frazer Harrison/WireImage)

You think you had a busy weekend? Check out what Charli XCX did on Saturday in LA.

Charli attended the star-studded Academy Museum of Motion Pictures gala, and also popped up at the Kia Forum to sing “Girl, so confusing” with Lorde. As documented by Vogue, Charli was at Lorde’s soundcheck to prepare for their duet later that night, and did her glam for the gala backstage.

Then, she drove nearly an hour across town in a van, where she changed into her custom Saint Laurent black leather gown by Anthony Vaccarello before hitting the red carpet at the gala. After that, she returned to the Forum to take the stage with Lorde, who introduced Charli by writing “GIRL” on her palm with Sharpie, Billboard reports.

The two then “worked it out on the remix,” performing the song together as they previously did last year on Charli and Troye Sivan‘s Sweat tour, and at Charli’s Coachella set in April.  “obsessed with us!” Charli captioned a photo of the two of them onstage. Lorde replied in the comments, “B**** I cannot even.”

Charli posted additional pictures and video of her night on her Instagram page and her Instagram Story.

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Kenny Loggins blasts ‘unauthorized use’ of song ‘Danger Zone’ in video posted by President Trump

Kenny Loggins blasts ‘unauthorized use’ of song ‘Danger Zone’ in video posted by President Trump
Kenny Loggins blasts ‘unauthorized use’ of song ‘Danger Zone’ in video posted by President Trump
Singer Kenny Loggins performs onstage during A Tribute to Brian Wilson performed by The Tribe at The Granada Theatre on September 27, 2025 in Santa Barbara, California. (Photo by Scott Dudelson/Getty Images)

Kenny Loggins is not happy that his song “Danger Zone” was used in an AI generated video shared by President Donald Trump on Truth Social on Saturday.

The clip featured Trump flying over a group of protesters in a jet labeled “King Trump,” and dumping some sort of brown sludge, or excrement, on top of them.

“This is an unauthorized use of my performance of ‘Danger Zone.’ Nobody asked me for my permission, which I would have denied, and I request that my recording on this video is removed immediately,” Loggins said in a statement. “I can’t imagine why anybody would want their music used or associated with something created with the sole purpose of dividing us.”

“Too many people are trying to tear us apart, and we need to find new ways to come together,” he added. “We’re all Americans, and we’re all patriotic. There is no ‘us and them’ – that’s not who we are, nor is it what we should be. It’s all of us.”

Finally, he noted, “We’re in this together, and it is my hope that we can embrace music as a way of celebrating and uniting each and every one of us.”

“Danger Zone,” which peaked at #2 on the Billboard Hot 100, appeared on the soundtrack to the 1986 film Top Gun. It also appeared in the film’s 2022 sequel, Top Gun: Maverick.

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Jordan Davis is ready to ‘Turn This Truck Around’ with a new Southern rock sound

Jordan Davis is ready to ‘Turn This Truck Around’ with a new Southern rock sound
Jordan Davis is ready to ‘Turn This Truck Around’ with a new Southern rock sound
Jordan Davis’ “Turn This Truck Around” (MCA)

What’s Jordan Davis‘ favorite song from his Learn the Hard Way album? 

While you might guess it’d be his previous #1 “I Ain’t Sayin'” or his most recent chart-topper, “Bar None,” you’d be wrong. 

It’s his new radio single — one the Louisiana native believes may show you another side of him. 

“[With] ‘Turn This Truck Around,’ I was able to kinda get into my Southern rock feels,” he explains. “Man, [it’s] probably my favorite song off this album.”

“I just feel like we haven’t done anything like this and I feel like y’all are gonna hear that,” he adds.

Jordan’s currently on his Ain’t Enough Road Tour with Mitchell Tenpenny, Vincent Mason and Mackenzie Carpenter. It’s set to wrap Oct. 25 in Estero, Florida. 

You can check out a live version of “Turn This Truck Around” on YouTube now, along with his new alternate take on “Bar None.”


Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Guitar signed by U2’s Bono & The Edge part of Woody Guthrie Center silent auction

Guitar signed by U2’s Bono & The Edge part of Woody Guthrie Center silent auction
Guitar signed by U2’s Bono & The Edge part of Woody Guthrie Center silent auction
Bono & The Edge/ (ABC/Michael Yada)

A guitar signed by U2’s Bono and The Edge will be part of an upcoming virtual silent auction being put on by the Woody Guthrie Center.

The members of U2 are this year’s Woodie Guthrie Prize recipients. According to a post on Instagram, the “marquee item” in the auction will be a Gibson 70s Explorer Natural guitar signed by the two band members.

The auction is set to go live on Tuesday at 12 p.m. CT. It will also feature signed memorabilia from previous events and experiences put on by the Woody Guthrie Center and the Bob Dylan Center, which are both in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

The Woody Guthrie Prize, named after the late folk icon, recognizes “a recipient who embodies the spirit of Woody Guthrie’s social consciousness and musical legacy.” Bono and The Edge will be on hand to accept this year’s prize at a ceremony Tuesday at Tulsa’s Cain’s Ballroom. U2 previously played the venue in 1981 on their The Boy Tour.

Previous Woody Guthrie Prize winners include Bruce SpringsteenJohn MellencampJoan Baez and Rage Against the Machine‘s Tom Morello.

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Rage against the ‘Monster Mash’: Tom Morello shares Halloween-inspired playlist

Rage against the ‘Monster Mash’: Tom Morello shares Halloween-inspired playlist
Rage against the ‘Monster Mash’: Tom Morello shares Halloween-inspired playlist
Tom Morello at 2023 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony. (Disney/Jennifer Pottheiser)

If you want your Halloween to have more of a rocking feel this year, Tom Morello is here to help.

The Rage Against the Machine guitarist has shared a new playlist dubbed “Spooky Jams,” which he describes as “a soundtrack to get you into the Halloween spirit.”

The playlist includes artists such as David BowieBlack SabbathAlice CooperBruce SpringsteenIron MaidenColdplayPortisheadToolFlorence + the MachineA Perfect CircleAlice in ChainsAC/DCThe CureBob DylanOzzy OsbournePJ HarveyGhostLed ZeppelinHozierNine Inch NailsMetallica and Van Halen.

You can listen for yourself via Spotify or YouTube Music.

Following Halloween, Morello will launch a U.S. solo tour accompanied by a full electric band beginning Nov. 13 in Chicago.

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Taylor Swift donates $100K to 2-year-old cancer patient

Taylor Swift donates 0K to 2-year-old cancer patient
Taylor Swift donates $100K to 2-year-old cancer patient
Taylor Swift arrives at the 67th Annual Grammy Awards, Los Angeles, February, 2025 (ROBYN BECK/AFP via Getty Images)

The parents of a 2-year-old girl suffering from a rare form of brain cancer are thanking Taylor Swift for an extremely generous GoFundMe donation.

Taylor donated $100,000 to the online fundraiser for the girl, Lilah, who has had to undergo chemotherapy and stem cell treatment since she was diagnosed earlier this year. Taylor may have gotten wind of Lilah’s plight when her mom, Katelynn, posted a TikTok on Oct. 8 showing Lilah watching Taylor’s video for “The Fate of Ophelia” and calling the singer her “friend.”

“So this might be my fault,” Katelyn wrote, explaining, “I listened to Taylor my whole pregnancy and then birthed a mini swiftie. Lilah loves Taylor’s music and during her cancer treatment she always found joy in it. I hope Lilah gets through this diagnosis and gets to one day go to a Taylor Swift concert in person.”

In the video, Katelyn also shared that she first felt Lilah kick when she attended the opening night of the Eras Tour while pregnant, and originally planned to name Lilah “Willow,” after one of Taylor’s songs.

Taylor made her donation on Oct. 17, and it helped them surpass their $100,000 goal by nearly $60,000. As of Oct. 18, the total stood at nearly $227,000.

Katelyn reacted by posting a TikTok showing a screenshot of the note Taylor wrote with her donation: “Sending the biggest hug to my friend, Lilah! Love Taylor.” 

In the video, Katelyn and Lilah dance to “The Fate of Ophelia,” and the on-screen text reads, “Thank you beyond words Taylor Swift. We can now just focus on being here with our girl. Truly we are so incredibly grateful. I am in shock … You have no idea what this means to our family.”

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Eric Bellinger says seeing Chris Brown perform songs he wrote on stadium stage is ‘another level’

Eric Bellinger says seeing Chris Brown perform songs he wrote on stadium stage is ‘another level’
Eric Bellinger says seeing Chris Brown perform songs he wrote on stadium stage is ‘another level’
Eric Bellinger performs at the 4th Annual Guitar Center Music Foundation Gala at The Maybourne Beverly Hills on September 11, 2025 in Beverly Hills, California. (Photo by Michael Tullberg/Getty Images)

Eric Bellinger is not only a singer, he’s a renowed songwriter with credits on songs by Usher, Justin Bieber and Chris Brown. Ahead of Chris’ final Breezy Bowl XX tour stop Saturday, Eric shared how it felt to see some of the songs he’s written performed on a stadium stage.

“I feel like I’m on stage,” he tells ABC Audio. “To see him flying in the air and doing the songs and people singing the songs, it’s like, it’s just another level.”

Eric notes that he doesn’t write better songs for artists than he does himself, but he’s witnessed the differences in charting.

“When I have a song and maybe it goes like top 20, we shoot a video, we pushing for it, it’s not the same reach [as Chris has with his #1 singles],” Eric shares.

“I kind of know that the independent versus like the major versus the push versus the marketing dollars versus the time in the game, it all like plays a part in it,” he shares. “So to feel what my songs do, it’s always great, but to see the songs go there, it’s always like, I knew my song was hard. You feel me?” 

Eric will take his own music out on the road as part of Jagged Edge‘s Cuffing Season Tour, kicking off Nov. 6 in Ontario. Lloyd will also be on the trek. 

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Alexa Ray Joel embraces ‘bad girl’ side on new EP, which dad Billy compares to ‘The Nylon Curtain’

Alexa Ray Joel embraces ‘bad girl’ side on new EP, which dad Billy compares to ‘The Nylon Curtain’
Alexa Ray Joel embraces ‘bad girl’ side on new EP, which dad Billy compares to ‘The Nylon Curtain’
Alexa Ray Joel, ‘Riverside Way’ single (Andrew H. Walker)

Billy Joel once sang “Don’t care if it’s Chinatown or on Riverside.” Now, his daughter Alexa Ray Joel is also singing about Riverside, but in a very different way.

Alexa has a new EP project called Tales from a Winding Tower, which she’s releasing one song at a time. The first song and video is “Riverside Way,” which is about shedding her good-girl skin and taking a wild ride with a bad boy.

Alexa tells ABC Audio the song was originally called “Riverside Drive,” after the Manhattan street, but she explains, “[It’s] a little awkward to sing,” so “‘Way’ just popped out.”

“It was really fun to just get in touch with that bad girl side,” Alexa adds of the song and video, which are both pretty steamy. Surprisingly, it’s Billy’s favorite on the EP.

She laughs, “He was like, ‘Where’d that one come from?’ He liked that it was such a departure.”

Other songs on the EP also find Alexa embracing her bad girl side. “It’s very much about female desire,” she says of the project.  Its decidedly darker edge led Billy to compare Alexa’s EP to his own 1982 album.

“My father was saying to me, ‘Hey girl, this record’s kind of like your Nylon Curtain.’ And it kind of is,” she agrees.

Alexa says Billy, who’s been diagnosed with a condition that causes fluid buildup in the brain, is “doing great,” adding, “He is the most resilient man that I’ve ever met or will meet.” Meanwhile, she’ll pay tribute to him in March at a charity concert at New York’s Carnegie Hall celebrating his music.

“I’m not gonna not pay tribute to my legend of a father, arguably, if not the greatest songwriter ever, I put him up there with The Beatles,” she laughs, and then whispers, “I think he’s better, though.”

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Singing ‘Nobody’s Son,’ Sabrina Carpenter drops F-bombs on ‘SNL’

Singing ‘Nobody’s Son,’ Sabrina Carpenter drops F-bombs on ‘SNL’
Singing ‘Nobody’s Son,’ Sabrina Carpenter drops F-bombs on ‘SNL’
Sabrina Carpenter and Marcello Hernandez during ‘SNL’ promos (Rosalind O’Connor/NBC)

Sabrina Carpenter pulled double duty as host and musical guest on Saturday Night Live on Saturday — and she also managed to sing the F-word several times without being censored.

Her performance of “Manchild” was self-censored: She sang, “Eff my life.”  But when it came to her second performance, “Nobody’s Son,” that went out the window when she came to the part of the song that went viral on TikTok.

During the performance, which was set in a martial arts studio, Sabrina sang the line, “He sure f***** me up/ And yes, I’m talkin’ ’bout your baby,” twice, singing the F-word loud and clear. In the version posted to YouTube, the audio drops out during the profanity. 

As for the show itself, the cold open brought back Marcello Hernandez’s Domingo in a revisit of the viral bridesmaids sketch, originally set to Sabrina’s “Espresso.” Sabrina played the childhood bestie of Chloe Fineman‘s Kelsey and she and Kelsey’s other friends sang about Kelsey once again cheating on her husband with Domingo. During the skit, Sabrina and the girls sang songs set to Taylor Swift’s “The Fate of Ophelia” and Lady Gaga‘s “Abracadabra” before Domingo appeared to sing about his love for Kelsey in a take on Alex Warren’s “Ordinary.”

In her monologue, Sabrina also jokingly addressed the controversy about her Man’s Best Friend album cover photo, which shows her on all fours, with someone pulling her hair. 

“What people don’t realize is, that’s just how they cropped it,” she said. “If you zoom out, it’s clearly a picture from the 50th anniversary special of Bowen [Yang] helping me up by the hair, after Martin Short shoved me out of the buffet line.”



Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.