Bruce Springsteen recently sat down for his first-ever interview with Howard Stern,and now, fans are going to able to see what went down.
Variety reports the two-hour interview, which originally aired on Halloween, is set to debut on HBO on November 27 at 10 p.m.; it will also stream on HBO Max.
The conversation had The Boss discussing a wide range of subjects, including his latest album, Only The Strong Survive. It also featured several performances on guitar and piano of such tunes as “Thunder Road,” “The Rising” and “Born to Run.”
(Note Language) Neil Young is one of the many artists who in recent years have sold the publishing rights to their catalog, and for him, doing so was a no brainer.
“I wanted to sell my songs because I don’t have to worry about a f****** thing now,” he tells Zane Lowe on Apple Music 1. “I don’t have to do anything I don’t want to do. I’ve got the end of my life to go out doing exactly what it is I want to do and not doing what I don’t want to do.”
Neil adds, “That’s the way I feel about it. I don’t have to go on a tour if I don’t want to go on a tour.”
But even with the sale, Neil insists he doesn’t want to hear his music “associated with a product or with a movement or with a politician or with a sport or with anything,” adding, “I like the songs to be the songs.”
And fans shouldn’t think the sale means Neil’s about to stop making music. “It’s what I have to do. I want to do this,” he says. “That’s why there’s 51, 52 albums because I want to do this and I can still feel it. I’d be crazy to stop.”
(Note Language) Neal Schon isn’t happy that someone is copying the cover of Journey’s 1981 album, Escape. The guitarist has called out the Cruise to the Edge festival, accusing promoters of ripping off the image.
The Escape cover features a spaceship exploding out of a planet, leaving shattered pieces of it in its path, while the poster for Cruise to the Edge, a prog rock festival featuring Steve Hackett, Big Big Train and more, is only slightly different. It also has a spaceship bursting out of a planet, although the ship is slightly different in shape.
Well, the similarities were not missed by Schon, who shared his disdain, tweeting, “What the f*** do people think? That your (sic) not going to see this? It’s a blatant rip off.” The tweet includes a pic of the Cruise to the Edge announcement along with Schon’s comment on the pic, which reads “Give me a f***** break. It’s Journeys (sic) Escape art.”
After dropping hints in Morse code over the past few weeks, SZA has officially revealed her new album is titled S.O.S.
SZA tells Billboard the follow-up to 2017’s Ctrl is set for a December release, but she’s “currently stressed” about meeting the deadline.
On her 33rd birthday last week, SZA teased a new song, “PSA.” The video teaser ends with the Morse code for SOS. The code also appears in her Instagram bio and in the music video for “Shirt,” leading fans to guess it would be the title of her next album.
Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel celebrated their 10th wedding anniversary with a vow renewal, which the actress reveals the two almost didn’t go through with.
Biel guested on Today and described her “intimate” vow renewal with the “Mirrors” singer. “It was very intimate. It was very small, a couple of our friends, and we literally barely put this thing together,” she revealed.
As for what nearly derailed the ceremony, Biel said, “We almost canceled it. We thought, ‘Oh, this is silly, are we going to feel goofy doing this?'”
In the end, the actress is glad that is how she and Justin celebrated their marriage milestone. “It was so moving,” she recalled. “I felt like, ‘Wow… We’re going to keep doing this. Look at us!'” Biel noted that while a vow renewal sounds serious, “It was not [a big deal].”
Biel also described what her marriage is like to the hitmaker; she said it is a “combination of incredibly safe and… Just deep understanding of another person.” The actress added it also provides “the safety to adventure again and sort of be curious about the world again as a couple and as individuals.”
“You have to keep working hard to make it fresh,” she concluded. “Justin always says… ‘We cannot stop dating. We have to keep dating.’ That’s always what he says. And he’s right.”
Justin and Jessica wed in 2012 after sparking romance rumors in 2007. They share two sons, Silas and Phineas, who are respectively 7 and 2 years old.
The Country Music Association’s holiday tradition, CMA Country Christmas, is back for 2022. Carly Pearce will return as the host of the show.
This year’s performers include Dan + Shay, Maren Morris, Old Dominion, Scotty McCreery, The War and Treaty, Steven Curtis Chapman and Molly Tuttle. Carly will perform in addition to her hosting duties.
“SO excited & honored to be your host again this year for CMA Country Christmas!” Carly wrote on social media when the news broke on Wednesday.
As always, the show will deliver cozy family favorites from a host of country stars. Balsam Hill is once again providing beautiful, realistic, artificial Christmas trees for the special, plus festive holiday decor.
CMA Country Christmas airs Thursday, December 8 on ABC. The show will be available to watch the next day on Hulu and Disney+.
The estate of the late Isaac Hayes is not at all happy that Donald Trump used one of his songs at the event announcing his 2024 bid to become president again.
The soul legend’s estate was particularly upset that during this week’s event at Trump’s Mar-A-Lago estate, he played the Sam and Dave song “Hold On I’m Coming,” which was written by Hayes and David Porter, and they are now considering legal action in the matter.
“Once again, the estate and family of Isaac Hayes DID NOT approve the use of ‘Hold On I’m Coming’ by Sam and Dave by Donald Trump at his 2024 Presidential announcement tonight,” the estate tweeted. “We are exploring multiple legal options to stop this unauthorized use.” They add, “Stopping a politician from using your music is not always an easy task, but we are dedicated to making sure that Donald Trump does not continue to use ‘Hold on I’m Coming’ …in further rallies and public appearances.”
This isn’t the first time Trump has been called out for using an artist’s music without getting permission. Over his political career, artists such as Elton John, Bruce Springsteen, R.E.M., The Rolling Stones and more have publicly denounced his use of their tunes.
An upcoming concert will celebrate the 40th anniversary of R.E.M.’s debut EP, Chronic Town. While the show sold out quickly, fans who couldn’t get tickets, or don’t live anywhere near it, will get a chance to experience the once-in-a-lifetime event.
The concert, set for December 15, will have The Black Crowes’ Rich Robinson leading the house band and special guests, including Darius Rucker, Chris Robinson, John Cameron Mitchell, Fred Armisen and more, performing the five-track EP in its entirety, along with other fan-favorites. Now, fans can enjoy the experience from their couch because the concert, at Atlanta’s Coca-Cola Roxy, will be streamed live on Veeps, with limited tickets available now.
INXS released their first album in the ‘80s and are definitely eligible for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, so their fans, who are sick of just waiting to see them get in, are trying to do something about it.
A trio of fans, dubbed “Team Induct INXS,” have started a change.org petition titled “Induct INXS into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame,” making their case for why the band deserves to be in the esteemed institution.
“After many years of amazing music and dynamic ‘live’ performances, it’s time to ensure the legacy of one of the greatest bands in the world – INXS!” the petition by Dina Ghram, Shanon Steele and Jim Skivalidas reads. They also created a website to assure fans “we were taking this induction campaign seriously.”
The trio tell Billboard, “All three of us are big music fans and have a deep appreciation of bands that have touched our lives and inspired us throughout the years,” noting, “INXS is at the top of all three of our lists – we’ve grown up with them, seen them ‘live’, bought all their albums, and come to think of INXS as a family of sorts.”
As of Wednesday morning, the petition had roughly 11,000 of the 15,000 signatures it’s aiming for.
Travis Scott is set to make his first festival appearance since last year’s ill-fated Astroworld festival, appearing at the upcoming Rolling Loud California festival.
The festival, co-headlined by Future and Playboi Carti, is scheduled to take place March 3-5, 2023.
Scott has only played club shows since the Astroworld tragedy, in which 10 people died from compression asphyxia after crowds rushed the stage at the NPG Park in Houston on November 5, 2021. Scott organized the event and was the headliner.
The Rolling Loud California lineup also includes Lil Baby, Lil Uzi Vert, Moneybagg Yo, Chainz, Kevin Gates, Chief Keef, Tyga, OhGeesy, Blueface, G. Perico and Saweetie, among others. Lil Wayne is also slated to appear as a “special guest.”
Rolling Loud California 2023 is the first-ever music festival at the 300-acre Hollywood Park, which will be hosted on the grounds adjacent to SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, CA. VIP and General Admission tickets for Rolling Loud California go on sale on Friday, November 18 at 10 a.m. PT.