Billy Idol to receive star on Hollywood Walk of Fame next month

Billy Idol to receive star on Hollywood Walk of Fame next month
Billy Idol to receive star on Hollywood Walk of Fame next month
Buda Mendes/Getty Images

Billy Idol is set to receive quite an honor in the new tear. The rocker will receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on January 5, which will be the first star of 2023.

“There will be lots of rebels yelling for their favorite rock star Billy Idol when he receives his well-deserved Walk of Fame star on January 5,” Ana Martinez, producer of the Hollywood Walk of Fame, shares. “Since the beginning of his career Billy Idol has held the hearts of many of his fans who finally will be able to visit his star and witness his induction into the Walk of Fame.” 

Idol will receive the 2,743rd star on the Walk of Fame, in the category of Recording. His star will be located on Hollywood Boulevard in front of Amoeba Records.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Journey’s Jonathan Cain accuses Neal Schon of “causing harm to the Journey brand”

Journey’s Jonathan Cain accuses Neal Schon of “causing harm to the Journey brand”
Journey’s Jonathan Cain accuses Neal Schon of “causing harm to the Journey brand”
Medios y Media/Getty Images

As previously reported, Jonathan Cain recently responded to his Journey bandmate Neal Schon sending him a cease-and-desist letter over Cain’s recent performance of “Don’t Stop Believin’” at Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate. Well, now Cain has more to say, arguing that Schon is the one “causing harm to the Journey brand.”

”Neal Schon should look in the mirror when he accuses me of causing harm to the Journey brand,” Cain says in a statement. “I have watched him damage our brand for years and am a victim of both his — and his wife’s —bizarre behavior.”

Cain then detailed all the ways he thinks Schon is the problem: “Neal sued Live Nation twice, losing both times, and damaging our ability to ever work with them again; Neal outrageously tried to take away trademarks from Steve Perry. Neal and his wife continually insult the professionalism of numerous accountants, road managers, and management firms with endless legal threats and their bullying, toxic, and incoherent emails.”

He also calls out Schon for arguing with fans who don’t agree with him, and says Schon and his wife “recklessly spend Journey’s money until there is none left for operating costs.” 

Finally Cain insists, “If anyone is destroying the Journey brand, it is Neal—and Neal alone.”

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Gunna and Goodr bless families despite canceled event

Gunna and Goodr bless families despite canceled event
Gunna and Goodr bless families despite canceled event
John Parra/Getty Images for TAG Heuer

Gunna followed through with his intention to give back to families in his community despite some changes to his plan. The rapper, his Great Giveaway Family Foundation and Goodr had teamed up to throw their annual giveaway at a Walmart in Atlanta, but the retail corporation canceled the event one day before it was slated to go down.

According to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the South Fulton Police Department “had been working with Walmart to address security for the gift card giveaway” on Saturday when the department was informed that it was no longer taking place. A Facebook post directed people to the company for additional questions on the cancellation.

Gunna and Goodr’s giveaway, initially scheduled for Sunday, December 18, was intended to provide gift cards to 1,000 families who filled out preregistration forms. When the event was canceled, they decided they’d send the cards to those families since they could no longer distribute them in person.

“It was essential to Gunna, his Great Giveaway Family Foundation, and Goodr to make sure that families received the assistance promised to them no matter what,” Goodr CEO Jasmine Crowe said in a statement. “We contacted all 1,000 families this week. Working with the City Of South Fulton, every family received their gift cards and gifts.”

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame releases unaired performances from Pat Benatar, Judas Priest and Lionel Richie

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame releases unaired performances from Pat Benatar, Judas Priest and Lionel Richie
Rock & Roll Hall of Fame releases unaired performances from Pat Benatar, Judas Priest and Lionel Richie
Courtesy of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

There were a lot of great performances at last month’s Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony. In fact, there were so many that some couldn’t fit into HBO’s telecast of the event. Well, some of those cut performances are now seeing the light of day. 

As a holiday gift to music fans, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is sharing three cut-for-time performances from the ceremony, from Pat Benatar and Neil GiraldoJudas Priest and Lionel Richie. Benatar and Giraldo perform her hit “All Fired Up,” while Judas Priest performs “You’ve Got Another Thing Comin’” and Lionel treats the crowd to “Hello.” 

In addition to Giraldo, Judas Priest and Lionel, performers in the 2022 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame class included Dolly Parton, Duran Duran, Eurythmics, Eminem, Carly SimonJimmy Jam & Terry Lewis, Harry Belafonte and Sylvia Robinson. 

Check out the cut-for-time performances here.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Queen’s Brian May teases new music

Queen’s Brian May teases new music
Queen’s Brian May teases new music
Aldara Zarraoa/Redferns

Brian May is teasing fans with some new music. The Queen guitarist shared a video on social media of him playing the guitar, writing, “This is a tease for something nice which is coming in January.”

In the caption, he notes, “This is what’s known in the trade as a ‘STING’ … and hopefully it will ring a bell with you guys early next year – when all will be revealed. I love going in the studio to make something new – like starting to write words on a crisp new sheet of paper … and in the studio I get lost.” He adds, “For a few moments, I’m immersed in the music we’re fashioning, and that is my entire world.”

Brian then shared a hopeful note about the coming year, writing, “From now on, for those of us in the currently frozen Northern Hemisphere of the Earth, the days get longer, the Sun warms our skin, and Spring is already flexing her wings. Onward!”

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Kim Wilde announces divorce from husband of more than 25 years

Kim Wilde announces divorce from husband of more than 25 years
Kim Wilde announces divorce from husband of more than 25 years
Lorne Thomson / Contributor

Kim Wilde is back on the market. The ’80s singer, best known for her track “Kids in America,” announced on social media that she and her husband of more than 25 years, Hal Fowler, have divorced.

“Kim Wilde and Hal Fowler wish to announce that they amicably separated by agreement last year and have divorced,” she shared in a joint statement. “No third party is involved. They remain on good terms and wish only the best for each other in the next phases of their lives. No further comment or statements will be made.” 

The couple tied the knot in 1996 and have two children together, 24-year-old Harry and 22-year-old Rose.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Tank releases video for “No Limit” featuring Alex Isley

Tank releases video for “No Limit” featuring Alex Isley
Tank releases video for “No Limit” featuring Alex Isley
Prince Williams/Wireimage

Tank‘s released the latest visual off his last and final album, R&B Money

The “No Limit video featuring Alex Isley sees the stars singing their respective verses while women dressed in zebra print jumpsuits dance behind them. It is currently available on YouTube.

“No Limit” follows the release of previous singles “Can’t Let It Show,” “I Deserve” and “Slow” featuring J. Valentine, which Tank may possibly sing when he and New Edition head out for their Legacy tour next year.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Pusha T reflects on ‘It’s Almost Dry,’ talks Grammy nomination

Pusha T reflects on ‘It’s Almost Dry,’ talks Grammy nomination
Pusha T reflects on ‘It’s Almost Dry,’ talks Grammy nomination
Todd Owyoung/NBC

With less than 10 days until the new year, Pusha T is reflecting on the process of making his album, It’s Almost Dry. In an interview with People, he said his intention was to release a worthwhile follow-up to 2018’s Daytona. He also wanted to work quickly and get back to his role as father to son Nigel Brixx Thornton, who sharpens his musical focus and prevents him from being a “wack rapper dad.” 

Pusha recalled that his recording sessions were like “rap-nerd school,” complete with one- to two-hour conversations about lyrical references. He said when the album was finally complete he called Diddy and JAY-Z to get their honest opinions.

“He’s crafted classic albums for my favorite rapper ever, the Notorious B.I.G. So it’s, like, I just have to get his ears on it. I need his ears,” Pusha said of Diddy. “And Hov is the same way. Lyrically, there isn’t a better rapper. So, of course, I always make sure that they hear it and the feedback is, like it was for It’s Almost Dry, phenomenal.”

It’s Almost Dry dropped in April featuring “an all-star cast.” Push has teased that it’s the rap album of the year, a title he’s one step closer to achieving after being nominated for a Grammy in that category.

“It’s not that I’m being prophetic or just having the natural rapper braggadocio attitude,” he said of his prediction. “It’s just that I know this subgenre of hip-hop that I do so well and I know when I’ve nailed it. And I just felt, like, since the album was finished, I was like, ‘Yeah, we nailed it. We definitely nailed it.'”

“When I say rap — and I’m talking about the actual art — I actually, lyrically, murdered it,” he continued.

 

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Eric Clapton announces Tokyo residency

Eric Clapton announces Tokyo residency
Eric Clapton announces Tokyo residency
Gareth Cattermole/Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images)

Eric Clapton is headed for Japan next year. The three-time Rock & Roll Hall of Famer just announced dates for a six-night residency at Tokyo’s Budokan.

The shows, which will be Eric’s only shows in Japan next year, are set for April 15, 18, 19, 21, 22 and 24. Tickets are not yet on sale. 

On the tour, Clapton will be joined by Nathan East on bass, Paul Carrack and Chris Stainton on keyboards, Doyle Bramhall II on guitar and Sonny Emory on drums, with Sharon White and Katie Kissoon on backing vocals. 

Next year marks Eric’s 60th anniversary as a professional musician, having gotten his start with the Yardbirds in 1963.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Lunching Dani Filth & Ed Sheeran celebrate “having just done something fun”

Lunching Dani Filth & Ed Sheeran celebrate “having just done something fun”
Lunching Dani Filth & Ed Sheeran celebrate “having just done something fun”
ABC/Paula Lobo

Could the Cradle of Filth/Ed Sheeran collaboration finally be coming?

In a tweet Thursday, the extreme metal outfit shared a photo of frontman Dani Filth sharing a meal with the “Shape of You” singer with the caption, “A little over a week ago I was having lunch with the unlikely lads, having just done something fun,” as well as some devil horns emojis.

Here’s hoping that the “something fun” was finishing up the song Filth had been working on with Sheeran, which came about after the pop star was quoted back in 2021 as saying he was a fan of bands including Cradle and Slipknot, adding that he “would not be opposed” to recording a metal album of his own.

After Filth expressed some skepticism — “I’ll believe when I see it,” he said at the time — he and Sheeran actually linked up and discussed working together.

The last update on the unlikely collaboration came in August, when Filth told Knotfest.com that Sheeran had “done some” of their joint track.

“[Sheeran] is going to finish it, he assures me,” Filth said. “Actually, I spoke to him quite recently. Yeah, so that’s happening.”

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.