Dolly Parton says fans can expect “bizarre costumes” + more during ‘Miley’s New Year’s Eve Party’

Dolly Parton says fans can expect “bizarre costumes” + more during ‘Miley’s New Year’s Eve Party’
Dolly Parton says fans can expect “bizarre costumes” + more during ‘Miley’s New Year’s Eve Party’
Vijat Mohindra/NBC

Dolly Parton is the co-host for Miley Cyrus’ second annual New Year’s Eve special, and as fans might expect, she’s bringing her own special flair to the experience.

Music will be a big part of the show, of course, but Dolly tells ET Online that she and her pop superstar goddaughter will also bring lots of their signature wit and personality to their hosting roles.

“We’re going to be doing some skits,” Dolly says. “I know that anything can happen live with the two of us.”

She goes on to say that the TV event will feature a little bit of everything, as Dolly and Miley count down to midnight on New Year’s Eve.

“I’m sure we’ll be wearing some bizarre costumes and we’ll be singing some serious songs, some fun songs [and] we’ll be bringing in the new year in fun fashion, I’m sure,” the country legend adds.

The lineup for Miley’s New Year’s Eve Party was unveiled this week, and it looks like Dolly’s the sole representative from the country genre this year. Rappers Latto and Rae Sremmurd are performing, as are pop stars Sia and Fletcher, the latter of whom does have a country connection, as she collaborated with Kelsea Ballerini this year.

The show is airing live from Miami, a location that Dolly jokingly says was a selling point for her.

“When she first asked me about doing the New Year’s show I thought it might be from New York and I wasn’t gonna do it ‘cause I didn’t wanna get that cold, you know,” the singer explains. “She said, ‘No, that’s why I don’t do it in New York. That’s why I’m going to Miami.’”

Miley’s New Year’s Eve Party airs December 31 on NBC.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Chino Moreno’s Crosses project releases cover of George Michael’s “One More Try”

Chino Moreno’s Crosses project releases cover of George Michael’s “One More Try”
Chino Moreno’s Crosses project releases cover of George Michael’s “One More Try”
Warner Records

Deftones frontman Chino Moreno has released a cover of the George Michael song “One More Try” with his side project, Crosses.

The recording continues the Crosses tradition of holiday time covers, following renditions of Cause & Effect‘s “The Beginning of the End” in 2020 and “Goodbye Horses” by Q Lazzarus in 2021.

You can listen to the “One More Try” cover now via digital outlets.

Crosses also includes producer/multi-instrumentalist Shaun Lopez. The duo released a new EP titled PERMANENT.RADIANT earlier in December.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Did Lady Gaga steal The Cramps’ ‘Wednesday’-inspired thunder?

Did Lady Gaga steal The Cramps’ ‘Wednesday’-inspired thunder?
Did Lady Gaga steal The Cramps’ ‘Wednesday’-inspired thunder?
ABC/Randy Holmes

The Cramps may have enjoyed a resurgence after their song “Goo Goo Muck” was featured in Netflix’s Wednesday — but then Lady Gaga came into the picture.

To recap, Jenna Ortega stars as the beloved Addams Family character Wednesday in Netflix’s new show. Ortega choreographed a now-viral scene of her dancing to The Cramps’ 1981 song “Goo Goo Muck.” TikTokers became enamored by Ortega’s strange movements and began making videos inspired by them, but they chose to soundtrack their videos to a sped-up version of Gaga’s 2011 song “Bloody Mary.”

When Wednesday first hit the streamer on November 23, The Cramps enjoyed a streaming boom — similar to that of Kate Bush‘s “Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God)” after it was featured on Stranger Things. But, once TikTok swapped the song in favor of Gaga’s deep cut, their streaming numbers fell from 177% to just 7%, Billboard reports.

Meanwhile, Gaga’s streaming numbers for “Bloody Mary” climbed to 43.1 million streams in the second week of December, with a majority of hits originating from YouTube and other video platforms.

Despite Gaga’s accidental inclusion, the rockabilly group continues to enjoy a streaming renaissance, with “Goo Goo Muck” amassing over 6 million streams between November 18 to December 16. Prior to their Wednesday fame, the song was streamed about 31,000 times on a weekly basis.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Yung Miami says she knew about Diddy’s baby ahead of birth: “It wasn’t a surprise”

Yung Miami says she knew about Diddy’s baby ahead of birth: “It wasn’t a surprise”
Yung Miami says she knew about Diddy’s baby ahead of birth: “It wasn’t a surprise”
Amy Sussman/Getty Images

Diddy shocked the world with the announcement of baby Love Sean Combs, but the news was no surprise to his boo, Yung Miami.

The rapper revealed the news on her podcast, Caresha Pleaseafter guest G Herbo flipped the script and put her in the hot seat.

“Did you know about that baby before October?” Herb asked, referring to the baby’s birth month. “Did you?” Miami said she was one of the few people who were in the know.

“Yeah, I did,” Miami said. “I think communication is the key. I feel like when you dealing with somebody communication is the key. It wasn’t a surprise.”

According to TMZ, Diddy welcomed Love with Dana Tran, a 28-year-old cybersecurity specialist, on October 15. News of the baby prompted social media posts in which many referred to Yung Miami as Diddy’s side chick.

“@yungmiami305 is not my side chick,” Diddy tweeted in an effort to set the record straight. “Never has been, never will be. She’s very important and special to me, and I don’t play about my Shawty Wop. I don’t discuss things on the internet and I will not start today.”

“So think what you want,” he continued. “But know that if you do something to hurt mine, I’m gonna to come to your house and we’re gonna talk about it like human beings. LOVE.”

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Megan Thee Stallion’s boyfriend, Pardison Fontaine, issues statement amid Tory Lanez trial

Megan Thee Stallion’s boyfriend, Pardison Fontaine, issues statement amid Tory Lanez trial
Megan Thee Stallion’s boyfriend, Pardison Fontaine, issues statement amid Tory Lanez trial
Johnny Nunez/WireImage

Pardison Fontaine, known to some as Megan Thee Stallion‘s boyfriend, has issued a statementexpressing sympathy and compassion for women who have been victimized. The rapper/songwriter shared the message on his Instagram Story on Thursday after closing arguments were made in the Tory Lanez trial.

“To any woman especially ones of color that has suffered an injustice I feel for you,” Pardison penned. “When you do find the courage to speak up .. it seems you will be ridiculed .. your credibility will be questions.. your entire past will be held under a magnifying glass .. in an instant you can go from victim to defendant in the eyes of the public ..

“To any one with a daughter Sister mother niece or aunt .. I pray for their protection…,” he continued. “I pray for their covering .. I wouldn’t wish this on anyone.”

The nearly two-week trial revolves around a 2020 shooting in which Meg alleges she was shot in the foot.

She testified that Tory was the gunman and spoke out about the effect the case, which brought her sexual history to light, has had on her life.

“I feel disgusted, I feel dirty, my own partner is embarrassed,” she said. “I can’t even be happy … I don’t want to talk to friends or family. I don’t want to live. I wish he (Tory) had just shot and killed me if I had to go through this torture.”

Tory has pleaded not guilty to charges of felony assault with a semiautomatic firearm, possession of a concealed, unregistered firearm and discharging a firearm with gross negligence. He faces a maximum sentence of 22 years in prison if convicted.

Jury deliberations began Thursday and will resume Friday afternoon. 

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Janis Ian praises Violet Grohl’s performance of ‘At Seventeen’

Janis Ian praises Violet Grohl’s performance of ‘At Seventeen’
Janis Ian praises Violet Grohl’s performance of ‘At Seventeen’
Hiroyuki Ito/Getty Images

Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl and producer Greg Kurstin are in the midst of their annual Hanukkah Sessions, performing songs by Jewish artists. One of those artists was Janis Ian, who was thoroughly impressed by the performance. 

The clip had Grohl on drums, Kurstin on keyboards and Dave’s daughter Violet Grohl singing Ian’s classic “At Seventeen.” Ian, who recently revealed she can no longer sing due to scarring on her vocal cords, loved hearing it. 

“This morning I woke up and thought ‘How strange. I’ll never be able to sing “At Seventeen” again.’ And I don’t mind admitting that it was really depressing,” she shared on Facebook. “But what better antidote could there be than to hear my work, 47 years after I wrote it, beautifully and sincerely sung by Violet Grohl?”

She added, “What a perfectly happy day this turned out to be. Thank you, Violet. Thank you, Dave. Thank you.”

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Macca, I’m coming home: Ozzy Osbourne wants to work with Paul McCartney

Macca, I’m coming home: Ozzy Osbourne wants to work with Paul McCartney
Macca, I’m coming home: Ozzy Osbourne wants to work with Paul McCartney
Harry How/Getty Images

Ozzy Osbourne‘s worked with a ton of legendary rockers over his long career — just look at the guests on his new Patient Number 9 solo album — but there’s one that’s continued to elude even the Prince of Darkness.

In an interview with Yahoo, Ozzy shares his dream to one day work with Paul McCartney.

“That will never happen,” Ozzy says of collaborating with the Beatles icon. “I asked him one time, and he had some excuse.”

Should an Ozzy/Macca joint track ever occur, though, the metal legend declares, “Then I could go, ‘OK, I’ve achieved all my dreams.'”

The artists who contribute to Patient Number 9 include Ozzy’s Black Sabbath bandmate Tony Iommi, Pearl Jam‘s Mike McCready, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Red Hot Chili PeppersChad Smith, Guns N’ RosesDuff McKagan, Black Label Society‘s Zakk Wylde, Metallica‘s Robert Trujillo and late Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins.

Ozzy also reached out to Jimmy Page to guest on the record, but told Metal Hammer that he never heard back from the Led Zeppelin guitarist.

Elsewhere in the Yahoo interview, Ozzy opens up about wanting to return to the road. A variety of health issues — not to mention a worldwide pandemic — have kept him from touring since 2018.

“I just wanna get back on that stage,” Ozzy says. “I’ve gotta get back on that stage. It’s driving me nuts, not being able to.”

“I can’t relax,” he adds. “I’ve always gotta be doing something … I mean, I could say let’s call it a day, but I can’t stop.”

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Dave Grohl & Greg Kurstin jam with Beck for The Hanukkah Sessions night five

Dave Grohl & Greg Kurstin jam with Beck for The Hanukkah Sessions night five
Dave Grohl & Greg Kurstin jam with Beck for The Hanukkah Sessions night five

For night five of The Hanukkah Sessions, Dave Grohl and Greg Kurstin jammed with Beck in honor of the “Loser” artist’s Jewish roots.

Beck joined the Foo Fighters frontman and the producer for a particularly rocking version of his song “E-Pro” alongside some enthusiastic backing vocals. You can watch the performance streaming now on YouTube.

For The Hanukkah Sessions, which is now in its third year, Grohl and Kurstin release a cover of a song by a Jewish artist for each of the holiday’s eight nights. This year’s edition was recorded live at the Los Angeles club Largo earlier this month and so far has included versions of Blood, Sweat & Tears‘ “Spinning Wheel” featuring director Judd Apatow, Pink‘s “Get they Party Started,” 10cc‘s “The Things We Do for Love” with Inara George and Janis Ian‘s “At Seventeen” sung by Grohl’s daughter Violet.

The last two Hanukkah Sessions spawned covers of artists including KISS, Beastie Boys, Bob Dylan, Drake, Lisa Loeb, Ramones, Amy Winehouse and Billy Joel.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Another Taylor Swift fan sues Ticketmaster parent company Live Nation

Another Taylor Swift fan sues Ticketmaster parent company Live Nation
Another Taylor Swift fan sues Ticketmaster parent company Live Nation
TAS Rights Management

Yet another Taylor Swift fan has filed a lawsuit against Live Nation, the parent company of Ticketmaster.

Billboard reports that the class-action lawsuit was filed in California federal court by Michelle Sterioff. It accuses Live Nation and Ticketmaster of “intentionally and purposefully” misleading “millions of fans into believing” that bots and scalpers would be prevented from participating in the Taylor Swift Eras Tour presale.

The suit also accuses the companies of violating federal antitrust and unfair competition laws. It claims that the two companies have a monopoly when it comes to ticket sales and have used their power “in a predatory, exclusionary, and anti-competitive manner.”

In the suit, Sterioff says she registered for the presale, but wasn’t able to get a ticket. After Ticketmaster canceled the public sale, Sterioff says, she had to buy tickets on the secondary market. But since Ticketmaster doesn’t let fans resell tickets unless they do it through its own secondary ticketing platform, the amount she paid was subject to the company’s “monopolistic prices.”

Sterioff’s suit also accuses the companies of intentional misrepresentation and violation of California’s False Advertising Law. She’s asking for legal fees, punitive damages and more.

Members of Congress have already announced they’ll be holding a hearing to look into the concert ticket industry. There have also been reports that even before the Taylor mess, the Justice Department was examining whether or not the companies constitute an illegal monopoly.

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Philadelphia Soul icon Thom Bell dies at 79

Philadelphia Soul icon Thom Bell dies at 79
Philadelphia Soul icon Thom Bell dies at 79
L. Busacca/WireImage for Songwriter’s Hall of Fame

Thom Bell, one of the members of “The Mighty Three” architects of the Philadelphia soul sound, passed away Thursday at the age of 79. No cause of death was revealed. 

Bell’s lawyer tells Billboard, “Thom Bell left an indelible and everlasting mark on the history of popular music,” adding, “The music world has truly lost one of the greats.”

The Mighty Three, which also included Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff, are credited with such hits as The O’Jays’ “Back Stabbers,” Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes’ “I Miss You,” and more. In addition, Bell wrote and produced hits for artists like The StylisticsThe Spinners, The Delfonics and more, including “You are Everything,” “La-La (Means I Love You),” “Betcha by Golly Wow, “Could It Be I’m Falling In Love,” and more.

In 1975, Bell became the first winner of the Grammy for Producer of the Year, Non-Classical. He was inducted into the Songwriting Hall of Fame in 2006 and was also honored with a trustee award by the Recording Academy in 2017. 

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports both Gamble and Huff paid tribute to Bell, with Gamble sharing, “Leon Huff and I were proud to have him as part of our Mighty Three music writing team, which helped create our signature brand of TSOP,” adding, “He was a great talent and my dear friend. The name of Gamble Huff and Bell will last forever.”

Huff added, “Thom Bell was my favorite musician, arranger, songwriter and music producer of all time. It was my esteem, honor and pleasure to work with him creatively and as a business partner. Rest in peace.”

Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.