Paul McCartney, Elton John, and more make ‘The Sunday Times’ Rich List

Paul McCartney, Elton John, and more make ‘The Sunday Times’ Rich List
Paul McCartney, Elton John, and more make ‘The Sunday Times’ Rich List
Elton John performs at the 2025 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, November 8, 2025 (Kevin Kane/Getty Images for RRHOF)

Paul McCartney, Elton John and members of Queen, Oasis and The Rolling Stones are among the rockers landing on the annual Sunday Times Rich List, which is put out by the U.K.’s paper of record, The Times, and ranks the richest people in the United Kingdom.

McCartney is the rocker ranking highest on the list this year, landing at #152 with wife Nancy Shevell. They’re down from #151 last year; the couple is said to be worth over $1.4 billion.

Elton John lands at #277, up from #283 last year, with earnings of almost $640 million, while The Rolling Stones’ Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are at #284, up from #295, with earnings close to $600 million.

Making the list for the first time this year are Oasis brothers Noel Gallagher and Liam Gallagher, who rank at #325. Thanks to their 2025 reunion tour, they’re said to be worth almost $500 million.

Finally, Queen’s Brian May and Roger Taylor land at #334. Thanks to the 2025 sale of their back catalog, the pair are worth close to $480 million.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Miranda Lambert will be ready to cook, since she’s bringing ‘Crisco’ to the ACMs

Miranda Lambert will be ready to cook, since she’s bringing ‘Crisco’ to the ACMs
Miranda Lambert will be ready to cook, since she’s bringing ‘Crisco’ to the ACMs
Miranda Lambert’s “Crisco” (MCA)

Miranda Lambert’s new tune, “Crisco,” expands on the sound of her previous duet with Chris Stapleton, “A Song to Sing,” with a new groove described as Urban Cowboy meets Saturday Night Fever.

“We wanted something that feels familiar but also fresh, which is really hard to do,” Miranda says. “We leaned into all the things I grew up loving about country music – Glen Campbell, Kenny and Dolly; very ’70s and ’80s.”

“It’s a fun mix of all these sides of country music that I’ve never fully explored before,” she adds, “even down to using strings in a bigger way. I almost can’t believe I’ve made this many records without really going there, but it was magical to hear how much strings can transform a song.”

Miranda will perform “Crisco” for the first time during Sunday’s 61st Academy of Country Music Awards on Prime Video. 

Already the winningest artist in ACM history, Miranda goes into the night with nominations for female artist, song for “A Song to Sing,” song and single for co-writing and co-producing Ella Langley’s “Choosin’ Texas,” and music event for both “A Song to Sing” with Stapleton, and “Trailblazer” with Reba McEntire and Lainey Wilson.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Sublime releases new song ‘Can’t Miss You’ off upcoming ‘Until the Sun Explodes’ album

Sublime releases new song ‘Can’t Miss You’ off upcoming ‘Until the Sun Explodes’ album
Sublime releases new song ‘Can’t Miss You’ off upcoming ‘Until the Sun Explodes’ album
‘Until the Sun Explodes’ album artwork. (Atlantic Records)

Sublime has released a new song called “Can’t Miss You,” a track off the band’s upcoming album, Until the Sun Explodes

“‘Can’t Miss You’ is probably my favorite track on the record,” says Jakob Nowell, who’s now fronting Sublime in place of his late father, Bradley Nowell. “It was one of those magic songs that got written in a day. The strange chord progression was definitely inspired by my father’s songwriting, especially songs like ‘Pool Shark’ and ‘STP.'”

“Classic Sublime always had this feeling like you never knew where the song was going to take you,” Jakob continues. “I look towards my father’s work for guidance at every turn, and ‘Can’t Miss You’ is a perfect example of that.”

You can watch the video for “Can’t Miss You” on YouTube.

Until the Sun Explodes marks the first Sublime album since their 1996 self-titled effort, which was released just months after Bradley’s death. It’s due out June 12, and includes the singles “Ensenada” and “Until the Sun Explodes.”

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Little Big Town serves up hope and healing with ‘Hey There Sunshine’

Little Big Town serves up hope and healing with ‘Hey There Sunshine’
Little Big Town serves up hope and healing with ‘Hey There Sunshine’
Little Big Town’s “Hey There Sunshine” (MCA)

Little Big Town will deliver the debut performance of their new song, “Hey There Sunshine,” on Sunday’s 61st Academy of Country Music Awards on Prime Video.

Their first new music in two years, “Hey There Sunshine,” follows 2024’s The Christmas Record and 2022’s Mr. Sun, and was co-produced by the band’s Karen Fairchild. 

The cut “captures the … moment when healing begins” after a “season of emotional heaviness,” according to the news release announcing the track. 

“Songs are truly the most profound gifts,” Karen says. “We’re honored this one found its way to us. It’s a reminder of all the beauty around us and that it’s never too late to find it.”

You can check out the “Hey There Sunshine” music video on YouTube now, as the band promises there’s more from them coming soon. 

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Primus releases ‘A Handful of Nuggs’ EP

Primus releases ‘A Handful of Nuggs’ EP
Primus releases ‘A Handful of Nuggs’ EP
‘A Handful of Nuggs’ EP artwork. (ATO Records)

Primus has released a new EP called A Handful of Nuggs

The four-track set includes a new song called “The Ol’ Grizz” and a cover of Dio’s “Holy Diver” featuring the singer Puddles Pity Party. You’ll also find the previously released Maynard James Keenan collaboration, “Little Lord Fentanyl,” as well as a live recording of the song “Duchess (And the Proverbial Mind Spread).”

A Handful of Nuggs is out now via digital outlets and will be released on vinyl on July 22.

Primus will launch a U.S. tour on May 20 in Reno, Nevada. The bill will also include two of frontman Les Claypool’s other bands, The Claypool Lennon Delirium and the Fearless Flying Frog Brigade.

The Claypool Lennon Delirium also released a new album, The Great Parrot-Ox and the Golden Egg of Empathy, earlier in May.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Ed Sheeran makes ‘Sunday Times’ Rich List, drops long-awaited collab, co-writes World Cup anthem

Ed Sheeran makes ‘Sunday Times’ Rich List, drops long-awaited collab, co-writes World Cup anthem
Ed Sheeran makes ‘Sunday Times’ Rich List, drops long-awaited collab, co-writes World Cup anthem
Ed Sheeran and Martin Garrix (Photo Credit: Louis Van Baar)

Ed Sheeran is currently out on his LOOP tour, but while he’s entertaining fans in person, he’s also raking in the bucks and dropping new material.

Ed is included on the annual Sunday Times Rich List, which is put out by the U.K.’s paper of record, The Times, and ranks the richest people in the U.K. On the paper’s list of the “40 richest people under 40 in the U.K.,” Ed ranks #14, with an estimated fortune of more than $547 million. That’s up from last year, when he was “only” worth around $494 million. However, when he’s ranked against the entire list, which features everyone of every age, he’s #306 out of 350.

Meanwhile, Ed has finally released “Repeat It,” a song he and DJ/producer Martin Garrix have been working on intermittently for 12 years. The song was teased with a billboard campaign in the Dominican Republic, where Ed performed May 9. The billboards read, “hi ed, can we please release our song? xx marty.”

Finally, Ed co-wrote “Dai Dai,” the new official 2026 FIFA World Cup Anthem, performed by Shakira and Burna Boy, which is now available. Shakira is donating her royalties from the song to Global Citizen’s Education Fund, which provides access to education for kids in underserved communities. No word on whether Ed is also donating his royalties.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Drake releases ‘Iceman,’ plus two more brand-new albums

Drake releases ‘Iceman,’ plus two more brand-new albums
Drake releases ‘Iceman,’ plus two more brand-new albums
Rapper, songwriter, and icon Drake attends a game between the Houston Rockets and the Cleveland Cavaliers at Toyota Center on March 16, 2024, in Houston, Texas. (Photo by Carmen Mandato/Getty Images)

Fans thought Drake was preparing one album, but he ended up releasing three. During the fourth episode of his Iceman series, he announced he’d be dropping two more albums alongside Iceman — Habibti and Maid of Honour.

The releases mark Drake’s first albums since his public feud with Kendrick Lamar, a topic he addresses repeatedly throughout Iceman

“With Dot back in 2024 was a big piece/ So it’s like, this s*** is me, but it isn’t me/ Y’all keep on asking me what it did to me, that’s what it did to me,” he raps on “Make Them Cry.” “When I dig deep, they say dig deeper. Tell us how it felt to meet the grim reaper.”

Though Drake initially suggests there are no features on the album with the lyrics “This album better have some big features/ Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but I’m all alone for my mental,” the project includes guests 21 Savage, Future and Molly Santana.

Elsewhere on the album, Drake opens up about his mental state after the feud.

“N****** wanna talk about a battle, I’m battlin’ patience/ N****, I battle frustration,” he says, before revealing his dad, Dennis Graham, was battling cancer. His father has since revealed that he no longer has lung cancer.

Drake also appears to address J. Cole, who backed out of his own potential feud with K. Dot.

On “Make Them Pay,” he raps, “I love you ’cause of the history, but if we bein’ real, I could never forgive you.”

The album includes an updated version of the leaked track “1AM in Albany,” now titled “Make Them Remember.” Drake also takes aim at DJ Khaled, A$AP Rocky, LeBron James, Rick Ross and Jay-Z.

While Iceman is an introspective hip-hop album, Habibti has more of an R&B sound. Maid of Honour is dance-inspired.

Fans suspect the albums are Drake’s way of fulfilling contractual obligations to the label he has been feuding with, Universal Music Group.

He’s released a few music videos from Iceman on his YouTube.

 

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Luxury brand Chrome Hearts drops lawsuit over Neil Young’s band name

Luxury brand Chrome Hearts drops lawsuit over Neil Young’s band name
Luxury brand Chrome Hearts drops lawsuit over Neil Young’s band name
:Neil Young performs with the Chrome Hearts at the Hollywood Bowl on Monday, September 15, 2025. (Photo by David Crane/MediaNews Group/Los Angeles Daily News via Getty Images)

Los Angeles luxury brand Chrome Hearts has dropped its lawsuit against Neil Young over the name of his latest band, The Chrome Hearts.

The brand, which has been in business since 1988 selling Chrome Hearts-branded clothing items, filed its lawsuit in California federal court back in September, accusing the rocker of trademark infringement.

In the suit, the brand claimed Young and the band’s “continued use of the confusingly similar name in commerce violates Chrome Hearts’ valuable intellectual property rights,” contending that the rockers had “intentionally and knowingly capitalized off of confusion between” the brand and the band.

The suit claimed the company reached out to Young and the band in July about its trademark rights, asking them to stop using the Chrome Hearts name, but they continued to not only perform under the name, but sell merchandise with the name on it.

The brand had wanted the court to force Young to stop using the name and grant ir damages, but on Thursday it filed a notice of dismissal of the case. No details as to why it chose to dismiss the case have been given.

Young began touring with The Chrome Hearts — organist Spooner Oldham, guitarist Micah Nelson, bassist Corey McCormick and drummer Anthony LoGerfo — in 2024. They released their first album together, Talking to the Trees, in June 2025 and are expected to release their second album, Second Song, this year.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Paul McCartney admits to killing a dragon in new ‘Saturday Night Live’ promos

Paul McCartney admits to killing a dragon in new ‘Saturday Night Live’ promos
Paul McCartney admits to killing a dragon in new ‘Saturday Night Live’ promos
‘Saturday Night Live’ Key Art. (NBCUniversal)

Paul McCartney appears in the new promos for this weekend’s Saturday Night Live, ahead of his stint as the show’s musical guest.

In the opening clip, this weekend’s host Will Ferrell and SNL star Marcello Hernandez introduce themselves as “who cares,” while McCartney gives his name. Ferrell then notes, “I’ll be hosting the season finale of SNL but you don’t care, you’ll tune in for Paul McCartney.”

McCartney chimes in with, “that’s not true,” with Ferrell replying, “it is true,” before McCartney concedes, “it is true.”

There’s also one promo video where McCartney admits he’s a “huge fan” of Hernandez’s mom, and another where the pair ask Sir Paul what it’s like being a knight.

“It’s an honor. I’m so lucky that so many people have enjoyed my music over the years,” he says, before adding, “and one time I killed a dragon,” which excites Ferrell and Hernandez

The final promo has Ferrell and Hernandez trying to guess what McCartney is going to perform on SNL, and they both choose “Despacito (Remix)” featuring Justin Bieber, with McCartney replying, “Damn, how did you know?”

In addition to Saturday Night Live, McCartney is set to appear on the BBC Radio 2 podcast Tracks Of My Years with Vernon Kay on May 25, where he’ll discuss his favorite records. In a preview posted to Instagram, McCartney talks about meeting Elvis and playing with The Rolling Stones, and even sings a bit of The Human League’s “Don’t You Want Me.” The clip ends with McCartney about to explain why John Lennon’s “Imagine” made his list, before cutting off.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

U2 attends 2026 Street Child World Cup Finals Tournament in Mexico

U2 attends 2026 Street Child World Cup Finals Tournament in Mexico
U2 attends 2026 Street Child World Cup Finals Tournament in Mexico
U2 band members Adam Clayton, The Edge, Larry Mullen Jr. and Bono (pictured L-R) along with John Wroe and Judy Reith of Street Child United (Hector Vivas/Getty Images for U2 )

After filming their new music video in Mexico City, the members of U2 — Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen, Jr. — stuck around to attend the 2026 Street Child World Cup Finals Tournament in Texcoco, Mexico.

Mullen even handled the coin toss for the game.

The tournament is put on by Street Child United, an organization that uses the power of sports to give street-connected young people a voice. It saw 30 teams from around the globe compete.

“We’re here in Mexico City and as usual loving every minute of it,” says The Edge. “As supporters of Street Child United, we wanted to come along today to support this great cause, see some football and soak up the atmosphere. There’s no better town to host such a brilliant event.”

Earlier in the week, U2 took over a street in Mexico City, near Plaza Santo Domingo, to shoot a music video for “Street of Dreams.” The upcoming single from their yet-to-be announced studio album is expected out later this year.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.