The Zombies releasing mono remaster of debut album, ‘Begin Here’

The Zombies releasing mono remaster of debut album, ‘Begin Here’
The Zombies releasing mono remaster of debut album, ‘Begin Here’
Cover of The Zombies’ ‘Begin Here’ (Beechwood Park Records)

The Zombies are revisiting their debut album with a new reissue.

The Rock & Roll Hall of Famers are set to reissue 1965’s Begin Here remastered in mono on April 17. This follows the September release of a mono remaster of their iconic sophomore album, Odessey & Oracle.

The reissue of Begin Here, the second of four planned reissues, will feature all 17 tracks from the U.K. and U.S. versions of the album, with new liner notes by rock journalist David Fricke.

“Thinking of The Zombies’ first album Begin Here immediately triggers wonderful memories of late-night sessions in Decca’s West Hampstead studio fueled by pure excitement and adrenaline,” The Zombies’ Colin Blunstone says. “These tracks changed all of our lives forever and I am forever grateful. I look back on them with wonder and a great deal of affection!”

The band is previewing the reissue with the release of the mono remastered version of “It’s Alright With Me,” which is now available via digital outlets.

Begin Here (Mono Remastered) will be released digitally, and on CD and vinyl. It is available for preorder now.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

New book highlighting George Harrison’s personal photos coming in October

New book highlighting George Harrison’s personal photos coming in October
New book highlighting George Harrison’s personal photos coming in October
Cover of George Harrison’s ‘The Third Eye: Early Photographs’ (Random House)

Fans of The Beatles are about to get a new look at the band from the point of view of George Harrison.

Random House is set to release the new book The Third Eye: Early Photographs in October, described as “the first ever collection of George Harrison’s personal photos taken between 1963 and 1970.”

The book will feature over 200 color and black-and-white images capturing the rise of The Beatles. The images, curated by Harrison’s widow, Olivia Harrison, were taken from the rocker’s personal photos and 8mm film stills.

According to the description, the photos give fans an “inside look at the human beings behind the Beatles, trying to hold onto themselves—and enjoy themselves—while standing at the center of the storm.”

The book will include essays by Olivia, as well as authors Colm Tóibín and George Saunders, and the photos will feature commentary, including never-before-seen quotes from George.

The Third Eye: Early Photographs will be released Oct. 6 in the U.S. and is available for preorder now. There will also be a deluxe edition coming later in the fall.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Billy Idol isn’t upset about not getting into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame the first time

Billy Idol isn’t upset about not getting into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame the first time
Billy Idol isn’t upset about not getting into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame the first time
Billy Idol at the 2024 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction (Disney/Eric McCandless)

Billy Idol received his second nomination for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Wednesday. His first came last year, and he doesn’t sound too bent out of shape that he didn’t get in the first time around.

“I started to realize you don’t always get in on your first time; that’s quite unusual, I think,” Idol tells Billboard. “It’s a process, and I can see why.”

He notes, “There’s quite a large number of people involved in deciding who gets in. It’s no guarantee.”

And it certainly sounds like Idol is excited to get another chance at the Rock Hall.

“It’s fantastic. It’s really exciting. It would be incredible this year,” says Idol, who got his start in 1976 in the band Generation X. “This is 50 years ago when I started so it would be really incredible. It would cap off an amazing 50 years.”

Looking at fellow nominees like INXS, The Black Crowes, Joy Division/New Order and Oasis, Idol says, “[W]hoever gets in will be a fantastic class.”

“We were all kind of making our way towards really doing this forever,” he says. “It’s a serious thing we all believed in, that we really wanted to see where our generation would take music.” He adds, “I think with the punk and then the music in the [’80s], we really did establish what the sound of the [’80s] would be — and beyond.”

Billy Idol’s life and career are the subject of the new documentary Billy Idol Should Be Dead, which is in theaters now.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Bryan Adams announces European tour dates

Bryan Adams announces European tour dates
Bryan Adams announces European tour dates
Bryan Adams speaks at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, November, 2025 (Disney/Frank Micelotta)

Bryan Adams has announced dates for a new European tour.

The rocker is set to bring his Roll With The Punches tour to arenas in Europe this fall and winter, with the tour launching Sept. 27 in Riga, Latvia.

The tour will make stops in more than a dozen countries, including Germany, Netherlands, Spain and Portugal, before wrapping Dec. 19 in Athens, Greece.

A complete list of dates and ticket information can be found at BryanAdams.com.

Adams is touring in support of his most recent album, Roll With the Punches, which he released in August. He is set to play in Guadalajara, Mexico, on Saturday. He also has dates booked in Brazil, Argentina and South Africa. 

Adams will return to the U.S. for a series of acoustic shows at the Encore Theatre at the Wyn in Las Vegas, starting June 3.

In other Adams news … the rocker has released another acoustic Friday performance to YouTube. The latest is a stripped-down version of the Roll With the Punches track “Two Arms to Hold You.”

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Queen releases new mix of ‘Seven Seas of Rhye’ from upcoming ‘Queen II Collector’s Edition’

Queen releases new mix of ‘Seven Seas of Rhye’ from upcoming ‘Queen II Collector’s Edition’
Queen releases new mix of ‘Seven Seas of Rhye’ from upcoming ‘Queen II Collector’s Edition’
Cover of ‘Queen II’ (Hollywood Records)

Queen is offering up the first preview of the upcoming reissue of their sophomore album, Queen II.

The Rock & Roll Hall of Famers just released the 2026 mix of “Seven Seas Of Rhye” to digital outlets. The song was the band’s first U.K. top-10 hit, peaking at #10 in 1974.

Queen II Collector’s Edition, dropping March 27, is a five-CD + two-LP box set, featuring the 2026 mix of the album along with a whole host of bonus material.

Extras include previously unheard outtakes and demos, live tracks, radio sessions and what’s described as “intimate fly-on-the-wall audio of Queen in the recording studio.” The set also features a 112-page book with previously unseen photos, handwritten lyrics, the band’s memories of writing and recording the album and more.

The Queen II reissue will also be released as a two-CD deluxe edition and on one-LP vinyl. All formats are available for preorder now.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Director Morgan Neville explores Paul McCartney’s ‘most misunderstood’ chapter in Man on the Run

Director Morgan Neville explores Paul McCartney’s ‘most misunderstood’ chapter in Man on the Run
Director Morgan Neville explores Paul McCartney’s ‘most misunderstood’ chapter in Man on the Run
Poster for the documentary ‘Paul McCartney: Man on the Run’ (Courtesy of Prime Video)

Paul McCartney’s post-Beatles life in the ’70s, including the formation of his band Wings, is the focus of the new documentary Paul McCartney: Man on the Run. Director Morgan Neville tells ABC Audio he was interested in the story because it’s “one of the most misunderstood chapters” of any of the Beatles’ members lives.

“You think of McCartney as always winning, beloved and going from success to success. And this is like his dark night of the soul,” he says, adding it’s when McCartney had to “answer all these profound questions where he’s doubting even making music.”

Neville says McCartney was initially interested in just making a film about Wings, but the director had different ideas.

“When I sat down with him, I said, ‘Look, the story has to begin the moment The Beatles break up and to me, the story ends when John (Lennon) dies,'” he explains, noting it’s because it shows the arc of McCartney “trying to escape the shadow of The Beatles.”

The film is told through archival photos and video, as well as audio interviews with McCartney, members of Wings and others. Neville says he chose that format because it brings the film more into the present.

“If you constantly cut to people in their 80s talking about how great it was 50 years ago or whatever, it’s very retrospective,” he says.

And while Neville interviewed McCartney several times for the film, he says the rocker otherwise kept his hands off the project.

“He did not have a single comment about the film till he watched it when it was done,” Neville says, noting that after, “He actually had a pad of paper with him and he said, ‘Here are my notes,’ and he held up the page and [it] was blank.” 

Paul McCartney: Man on the Run is streaming on Prime Video.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Love Rocks NYC concert, featuring Paul Simon, Elvis Costello & more, to be streamed live

Love Rocks NYC concert, featuring Paul Simon, Elvis Costello & more, to be streamed live
Love Rocks NYC concert, featuring Paul Simon, Elvis Costello & more, to be streamed live
Poster for Love Rocks NYC concert (Courtesy of God’s Love We Deliver)

The 10th annual Love Rocks NYC benefit concert will take place March 5 at the Beacon Theatre in New York City, but you don’t have to be in the Big Apple to enjoy the show.

The concert, featuring performances by Paul Simon, Elvis Costello and ZZ Top’s Billy F Gibbons, will stream live on Veeps.com.

Other artists on the bill include Gov’t Mule’s Warren Haynes, Goo Goo Dolls, Hozier, Linda Perry, Nile Rodgers & CHIC, Jon Batiste, Susanna Hoffs, Mary J Blige, the Preservation Hall Jazz Band and Trombone Shorty, plus special surprise guests.

All artists will be backed by a house band, led by bassist Will Lee, best known as a member of the Late Show with David Letterman band.

Love Rocks NYC is a benefit for the nonprofit God’s Love We Deliver, which delivers meals to people who are too sick to prepare them themselves.

The Love Rocks concerts, which first launched in 2017, have raised $65 million — enough to fund 6.5 million meals for New Yorkers in need, according to the nonprofit.

Tickets for the livestream are on sale now at Veeps.com.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Joan Jett on why she doesn’t believe artists should ‘shut up and sing’

Joan Jett on why she doesn’t believe artists should ‘shut up and sing’
Joan Jett on why she doesn’t believe artists should ‘shut up and sing’
Joan Jett of Joan Jett and The Blackhearts performs onstage during The Stadium Tour at Truist Park on June 16, 2022 in Atlanta, Georgia. (Photo by Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for Live Nation)

Joan Jett is a guest on the latest episode of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame’s Music Makes Us podcast, where she opened up about musicians not being afraid to speak out when they see injustices in the world.

Asked by host Kathleen Hanna whether music can still make a difference with how people respond to the world, Jett pointed to Bad Bunny and his Super Bowl halftime show.

“Even if he’s not saying something specifically with his lyrics, he’s using this huge platform that he’s been given to discuss issues that are really important to Americans, and to more and more Americans as they’re realizing what’s happening,” she said.

Jett noted that she and the Blackhearts recently got back from doing shows in New Zealand, where people were asking them about what was going on in the U.S. She said she feels that as someone with a platform she needs to be able to address it.

“I’m not saying you have to go all in the way you would if you were sitting down having a face-to-face conversation. You can’t, you can’t utilize your time like that,” she said. “But I think you can certainly have a few well thought out sentences to let people know … what’s going on and whatever it is you wanna say.”

She added, “But saying ‘shut up and sing’ has never really been what musicians or artists do, from way on back.”

“When people talk to me about other songs, you know, that touched them, whether it was really bad times the music got them through or really good times, it shows that the music really connects and fills an important space, if you allow it, in people’s capacity to deal with all this stuff that we’re dealing with,” she said.

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Watch the new trailer for Billy Idol documentary ‘Billy Idol Should Be Dead’

Watch the new trailer for Billy Idol documentary ‘Billy Idol Should Be Dead’
Watch the new trailer for Billy Idol documentary ‘Billy Idol Should Be Dead’
Poster for ‘Billy Idol Should Be Dead’ (Live Nation Studios)

A new trailer has just dropped for the Billy Idol documentary Billy Idol Should Be Dead, which opened in theaters on Thursday.

The film, directed by Jonas Åkerlund, explores the rock star’s career and personal life, and features never-before-seen archival and personal interviews with Idol. The trailer opens with an early Idol interview in which he’s asked what he’d do with his money if his music took off and went to #1 in America and England. Idol replied, “I’d spend it on drugs.”

The film also features interviews with Idol’s family, peers and collaborators; the trailer features clips of Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong, Guns N’ Roses’ Duff McKagan, The Who’s Pete Townshend and Miley Cyrus all talking about the rocker.

Info on screenings and tickets can be found at BillyIdolShouldBeDead.com.

(Video includes uncensored profanity.)

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Rod Stewart booked for all-star concert celebrating 50th anniversary of King’s Trust

Rod Stewart booked for all-star concert celebrating 50th anniversary of King’s Trust
Rod Stewart booked for all-star concert celebrating 50th anniversary of King’s Trust
Rod Stewart performs at the Raise the Roof fundraiser at the Royal Albert Hall, London, June 22, 2022, in aid of Prostate Cancer UK. (Suzan Moore/PA Images via Getty Images)

Rod Stewart and King Charles III are old pals, which is why this May Rod will be headlining a charity concert celebrating the 50th anniversary of one of Charles’ best-known charities, The King’s Trust.

Charles founded the charity, then known as The Prince’s Trust, in 1976 to help vulnerable people aged 11 to 30, many of whom are struggling with issues like mental health problems, disability, homelessness, unemployment or legal troubles. Now known as The King’s Trust, it helps these people develop essential life skills, train in various fields and access job opportunities.

On May 11, Rod and Jools Holland, his musical collaborator on his most recent album, Swing Fever, will take the stage at London’s Royal Albert Hall for the 50th anniversary benefit concert. Jools says to Rod in an Instagram video, “It’ll be an incredible evening, won’t it?” “It will,” agrees Rod. “If we’re there,” adds Jools. “Fifty years. Be there,” commands Rod.

Also on the bill are Rod’s best friend and former bandmate Ron Wood, as well as British pop stars Anne-Marie, Rita Ora and Craig David. Tickets are on sale now.

Having rock and pop stars perform to raise funds for the charity is nothing new for the trust. Starting in the ’80s, the Prince’s Trust concerts featured everyone from Phil Collins, Queen, Mick Jagger and Eric Clapton to Elton John, Paul McCartney, Tina Turner, George Harrison, the Bee Gees and, of course, Rod.

 

Copyright © 2026, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.