Travis Kelce’s dad says Travis proposed to Taylor almost two weeks ago

Travis Kelce’s dad says Travis proposed to Taylor almost two weeks ago
Travis Kelce’s dad says Travis proposed to Taylor almost two weeks ago
Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce confirmed in a joint Instagram post on Aug. 26, 2025, that they are engaged. (@taylorswift/Instagram)

Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift revealed their engagement in an Instagram post on Tuesday. But in an exclusive interview with WEWS-TV in Cleveland, Travis’ father, Ed Kelce, revealed that his son actually proposed to Taylor earlier this month.

“Travis actually did the proposal, oh, maybe two weeks, not quite two weeks ago,” Ed told WEWS-TV. “He was going to put it off ’til this week … to, you know, make some grand thing, to make it a big special event.”

“And I told him repeatedly, you know, you could do it on the side of the road, do it any place that makes it a special event,” he added, noting that Taylor’s father Scott Swift was telling Travis the same thing.

According to Ed, Travis proposed to Taylor at a garden in Lee’s Summit, Missouri.

“They were about to go out to dinner, and he said, ‘Let’s go out and have a glass of wine,’ … they got out there, and that’s when he asked her, and it was beautiful,” Ed said. “They started FaceTiming me and their mother and her folks to make sure everybody knew.”

He said he was at a Philadelphia Eagles practice when he got the call. 

“As soon as I saw the FaceTime, I saw it was Travis, and then I saw Taylor there with him, I knew what they were going to say,” Ed noted. He also revealed that he’s known for months that Travis was planning to propose, and even thought he might do it during last year’s NFL season.

Ed said he and Travis’ mom Donna Kelce went to Travis’ house for dinner on Aug. 24; Taylor cooked. 

“We had a wonderful dinner with them outside on the patio and to just watch the two of them, just crazy about each other, it’s truly kinda neat,” he said.

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Green Day’s New Years Rev movie to premiere at Toronto International Film Festival

Green Day’s New Years Rev movie to premiere at Toronto International Film Festival
Green Day’s New Years Rev movie to premiere at Toronto International Film Festival
Green Day on ‘Good Morning America.’ ABC/Paula Lobo

Green Day‘s movie New Years Rev will premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival on Sept. 12.

As previously reported, New Years Rev follows a trio of friends who mistakenly believe that their band has been picked to open a New Year’s Eve gig headlined by Billie Joe Armstrong and company.

The film is said to be inspired by “the exploits of Green Day and their years of living in a tour van.” The “American Idiot” outfit will perform in the movie, and the cast includes Mckenna Grace, Fred Armisen, Jenna Fischer, Angela Kinsey and Bobby Lee.

New Years Rev is directed by Lee Kirk, who also helmed the Armstrong-starring 2016 movie Ordinary World.

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Lenny Kravitz to headline the 2025 Bahamas Culinary & Arts Festival

Lenny Kravitz to headline the 2025 Bahamas Culinary & Arts Festival
Lenny Kravitz to headline the 2025 Bahamas Culinary & Arts Festival
Lenny Kravitz performs on Jimmy Kimmel Live!/Disney/Randy Holmes

Lenny Kravitz is set to headline the 2025 Bahamas Culinary & Arts Festival, which is scheduled for Oct. 22 to Oct. 26 at the Baha Mar resort. Kravitz’s performance will take place Oct. 24.

The annual event is described as a “celebration of world-class culinary talent and Caribbean artistic expression.”

“The Bahamas has always been my home, as well as heartfelt inspiration for my music,” Kravitz, who’s Bahamian on his mother’s side and who has a home in Eleuthera, says. “I’m humbled to join fellow Caribbean artists, creatives and innovators for The Bahamas Culinary & Arts Festival, and I look forward to sharing this experience with a community that means so much to me.”

“We are honored to welcome home one of the world’s greatest musical icons, Lenny Kravitz, to The Bahamas Culinary & Arts Festival stage,” said Graeme Davis, president of Baha Mar. “His deep personal connection to The Bahamas resonates with us all, and his performance is a full-circle moment.”

Tickets for the festival are on sale now.

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Spiritbox’s Courtney LaPlante, Amy Lee & Poppy tease possible collaboration

Spiritbox’s Courtney LaPlante, Amy Lee & Poppy tease possible collaboration
Spiritbox’s Courtney LaPlante, Amy Lee & Poppy tease possible collaboration
Spiritbox on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’ Disney/Randy Holmes

Behold, a new trinity of metal.

Spiritbox‘s Courtney LaPlante, Evanescence‘s Amy Lee and Poppy have all posted the same photo on Instagram, featuring the three of them standing beside each other, all sporting dark hair.

Fans in the comments are speculating that the trio could be uniting for a new collaborative song. Producer and former Bring Me the Horizon keyboardist Jordan Fish also posted the image on his Instagram Story, perhaps hinting that he produced the possible track.

LaPlante and Poppy already made headlines earlier in 2025 when the latter was confused for the former during a Grammy red carpet interview. A number of fans reference the Grammy mix-up in the new post’s comments, which include, “Amy Lee, poppy and poppy” and “Are they claiming Amy Lee as the third Poppy?”

Stay tuned.

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Gov’t Mule drummer and founding member Matt Abts to sit out Back in the Saddle tour

Gov’t Mule drummer and founding member Matt Abts to sit out Back in the Saddle tour
Gov’t Mule drummer and founding member Matt Abts to sit out Back in the Saddle tour
Matt Abts of Gov’t Mule performs at Teatro Dal Verme on November 20, 2023 in Milan, Italy. (Photo by Sergione Infuso/Corbis via Getty Images)

Gov’t Mule is set to kick off their Back in the Saddle tour, but it will be without founding member Matt Abts behind the drum kit.

In a post on social media, Abts shares that he will be sitting out the tour to recover from some health-related issues.

“As the Mule gears up to launch the Back in the Saddle Tour, I wanted to let all of our fans know I’ve made the tough but necessary decision to stay home and attend to some lingering injuries from years behind the kit,” he writes. “I’m okay – and will be fine! I just need some time at home to rest and recover.”

He adds, “I look forward to being back on the road soon.”

Gov’t Mule’s Back in the Saddle tour begins Wednesday in Milwaukee. A complete list of dates can be found at mule.net.

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Reactions to Taylor Swift’s engagement, including from President Trump

Reactions to Taylor Swift’s engagement, including from President Trump
Reactions to Taylor Swift’s engagement, including from President Trump
Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce confirmed in a joint Instagram post on Aug. 26, 2025, that they are engaged. (@taylorswift/Instagram)

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce‘s engagement has inspired quite the reaction. The singer turned off the comments section on the Instagram post announcing the news, which has already amassed more than 13 million likes, but that didn’t stop friends and fans from sharing their support for the couple elsewhere.

Taylor’s longtime BFF Abigail Berard reposted the couple’s engagement announcement on her Instagram Story and wrote “This” with a heart emoji.

Sabrina Carpenter reposted the announcement on her Story and added a line of white hearts.

Avril Lavigne also shared the post on her Story and wrote, “Awww huge congratulations to @taylorswift and @killatrav,” along with ring and heart emojis.

Benson Boone, who opened for Taylor last year, posted on Instagram about how excited he was about his concert in Chicago, but then added in the caption, “(Also wuuuuttttt Taylor Swift just got engaged).”

On X, the New Heights podcast took the engagement photo and photoshopped a shirtless, yelling Jason Kelce into the background. The caption: “This pretty much sums up everyone’s reaction.”

Travis’ Chiefs teammate Patrick Mahomes reposted the couple’s announcement to his Instagram Story alongside three heart emojis. His wife, Brittany Mahomes, wrote in a separate Instagram Story, “Two of the most genuine people meet and fall in love. Just so happy for these two.”

The official NFL X account also reacted, writing, “Congratulations to Travis and Taylor.” And the official accounts of the NHL, SportsCenter, Barstool Sports, US Open Tennis and Bleacher Report also offered congratulations.

The Cleveland Guardians wrote on X, “Thanks a lot, Taylor Swift. Now no one cares that next year’s schedule is out.”

Even President Donald Trump had something to say. When asked by a reporter how he felt about the news, Trump, who famously wrote on Truth Social, “I HATE TAYLOR SWIFT,” replied, “I wish them a lot of luck. I think he’s a great player. I think he’s a great guy and I think that she’s a terrific person, so I wish them a lot of luck.”

 

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Fleetwood Mac members featured on song Miley Cyrus wrote for Billy Ray Cyrus

Fleetwood Mac members featured on song Miley Cyrus wrote for Billy Ray Cyrus
Fleetwood Mac members featured on song Miley Cyrus wrote for Billy Ray Cyrus
Mick Fleetwood and Lindsey Buckingham attend the 6th Jam For Janie Grammy Awards Viewing Party Presented By Live Nation at the Hollywood Palladium on February 02, 2025 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Araya Doheny/Getty Images for Janie’s Fund)

Two members of Fleetwood Mac appear on a new song Miley Cyrus wrote as a birthday gift for her father, Billy Ray Cyrus, who turned 64 on Monday.

Billy Ray wrote on Instagram, “For my birthday, Miley gave me the gift of music and wrote me a song called Secrets and got my favorite musicians Fleetwood Mac to play on it! I love you Mile.”

According to People, those Fleetwood Mac members are guitarist Lindsey Buckingham and drummer Mick Fleetwood, who are both credited on the track.

You can hear a snippet of the song on Billy Ray’s post. Miley sings, “Secrets, I want to keep your secrets/ Like sunlight in the shadows/ Like footsteps in the grass/ I won’t ever break my promise/ Like a songbird in the silence/ Like stones against the glass.”

The paring of Fleetwood and Buckingham may be the closest thing fans get to a Fleetwood Mac reunion. Buckingham was fired from the group in 2018 over a disagreement about touring. Plus, Mick has said in interviews that he doesn’t see a future for the band following Christine McVie’s 2022 passing.

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Report: The Weeknd wants $1 billion for a stake in his catalog

Report: The Weeknd wants  billion for a stake in his catalog
Report: The Weeknd wants $1 billion for a stake in his catalog
The Weeknd performs in Atlanta, August, 2025 (Prince Williams/WireImage)

The Weeknd, who has more songs that have reached 1 billion streams on Spotify than any other artist, is reportedly hoping someone is willing to give him a billion dollars for a share of those songs.

Bloomberg reports that the singer is in talks to raise $1 billion in financing, using a stake in his music publishing rights and his master recordings as collateral. Lyric Capital Group, a private equity firm, is part of the talks and is lining up investors to pony up the billion bucks.

If the deal goes through, Bloomberg reports, it’ll be one of the biggest ever in the music rights space. Last year, Sony Group Corp. bought a 50% stake in Michael Jackson‘s catalog for $600 million.

While it’s mostly been veteran artists who’ve sold their music rights, including Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen, some younger artists, such as Justin Bieber, have sold their catalogs for living expenses or new business ventures.

 

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

What the hell is this doing here? Radiohead’s ‘Let Down’ charts on ’Billboard’ Hot 100

What the hell is this doing here? Radiohead’s ‘Let Down’ charts on ’Billboard’ Hot 100
What the hell is this doing here? Radiohead’s ‘Let Down’ charts on ’Billboard’ Hot 100
Radiohead poses for a portrait at Capitol Records during the release of their album ‘OK Computer’ in Los Angeles, California on June 12, 1997. Jim Steinfeldt/Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images

A Radiohead song has debuted on the Billboard Hot 100 nearly 30 years after its release.

The OK Computer track “Let Down” enters the all-genre chart for the first time at #91. As for why a song from 1997 is just now making its Hot 100 debut, the answer is, of course, TikTok, where “Let Down” has recently been going viral.

Before you decry, to the tune of “Creep,” that “Let Down” doesn’t “belong here” on such a mainstream platform, Radiohead has actually charted three songs on the Hot 100 before: the aforementioned “Creep,” “High and Dry” off The Bends and the In Rainbows cut “Nude.” “Creep” charted the highest, reaching #34.

Radiohead’s most recent album is 2016’s A Moon Shaped Pool, and they haven’t performed since 2018. They did, however, just put out a compilation of live tracks from the Hail to the Thief era.

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Tony Iommi announces return of signature guitar humbucker with Gibson

Tony Iommi announces return of signature guitar humbucker with Gibson
Tony Iommi announces return of signature guitar humbucker with Gibson
Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath performs at Ozzfest 2016 at San Manuel Amphitheater on September 24, 2016 in Los Angeles, California. Frazer Harrison/Getty Images for ABA

Tony Iommi is bringing back his signature guitar humbucker in collaboration with Gibson.

The pickup boasts “an exclusive configuration of powerful ceramic and Alnico 2 magnets,” which “give it the incredible tone and sustain that have helped make Tony’s work with Black Sabbath instantly recognizable,” a press release says. It originally launched in the ’90s as the very first signature Gibson pickup and has now returned three decades later.

“I’m really excited that Gibson’s bringing back my signature humbucker, they were getting pretty hard to find!” Iommi says. “This pickup came about after a lot of time spent in Nashville, just experimenting with different setups to get that perfect tone and sustain from my favorite guitars.”

“We had to make sure it worked with my light gauge strings and low tunings, but still pack a punch, and the result has got some serious output,” the “Iron Man” shredder continues. “They’re on my signature guitars too, and I couldn’t be more pleased with how they turned out.”

You can order yours now via Gibson.com.

Iommi performed with his original Black Sabbath bandmates Ozzy Osbourne, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward at the Back to the Beginning concert on July 5. Ozzy died just over two weeks later, on July 22.

Copyright © 2025, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.