(NOTE LANGUAGE) “Knife Talk” featuring 21 Savage and Project Pat was one of 21 songs to appear on Drake‘s Certified Lover Boy album. Like many other songs, it went through several changes in the studio before it was released. The original version is now available for fans to hear via a post on producer Metro Boomin‘s Twitter account.
The song “Gang Sh*t” was originally a collaboration between Metro and 21 that was supposed to appear on their Savage Mode II album. Therefore, it excludes the verse from Drake.
According to 21 Savage, Drake recorded his bars just days before releasing CLB and added the song, now called “Knife Talk,” onto his 2021 album.
“He did his verse the day before the album came out. I had that song,” 21 Savage previously explained in an interview with DJ Akademiks. “That song was supposed to go on Savage Mode II, but something was just telling me, hold onto it.”
“Knife Talk” peaked at #4 on the Billboard Hot 100.
Already-established hitmakers Jackson Dean and Nate Smith are part of Amazon Music’s Breakthrough Artists to Watch: Country Class for this year, in addition to newer names like Avery Anna, Megan Moroney, Warren Zelders, Madeline Edwards, Dylan Schneider and Dalton Dover. You can check out their music on Amazon’s Breakthrough playlists.
You can tune in for the premiere of a previously recorded episode of Opry Live featuring Carrie Underwood, Lee Brice and Bailey Zimmerman this Saturday at 9 p.m. ET on Circle TV.
R.E.O. Speedwagon has a full schedule of touring ahead of them in 2023, but they will be without keyboardist and founding member Neal Doughty.The 76-year-old Doughty just announced his decision to retire from the road.
“I want everyone to know that it was all that traveling that finally got to me,” he shares. “I always enjoyed playing the shows and looking out to see all the loyal fans who allowed me to do this for so long.”
While Doughty may join the band on select dates, singer Kevin Cronin notes, “It will be a big change to look around and not see Neal behind the keyboards.” He says they “will miss his quick wit and interesting conversation on those long bus rides. But this is what Neal needs, and we support him.”
R.E.O. Speedwagon’s next show is set for January 11 in Thousand Oaks, California, with dates confirmed through August. Check out their tour schedule here.
Jhené Aiko is giving fans a little glimpse of her and Big Sean‘s son, Noah. In a post shared on her Instagram Story Tuesday, she captured the newborn during what appears to be a breastfeeding session.
“Two months,” read a text sticker alongside the photo, a rough indication of how long it’s been since Noah was born.
Jhené and Seanannounced Noah’s arrival in November via affectionate posts on their respective Instagram accounts.
“After 24 hours of labor, a total lunar eclipse, and while it was pouring rain, he came, my baby Yoda, my Sani,” she wrote. Sean mirrored the sentiments, writing, “After 24 hours of Labor, A Lunar Eclipse, with rain from the beginning of labor til he was born, he’s here safe and sound. Happy, Healthy, and everything we could ever ask for and more. Any and everything for you Son, Noah, 11/8/22.”
Jhené has since released a sleep album filled with R&B songs intended to help babies sleep.
Ashley Morgan Smithline‘s lawsuit against Marilyn Manson has been dismissed, the Los Angeles Times and Consequence report.
Smithline, a model, alleged in a May 2021 interview with People that Manson, born Brian Warner, sexually assaulted her. She filed a lawsuit in June 2021 accusing Warner of sexual assault, human trafficking and other forms of abuse.
According to the reports, Smithline’s case was dismissed after she did not hire new representation — or elect to represent herself — to replace her original attorney, who left the case in October.
In a statement to Consequence, Warner’s lawyer says, “We thank and commend Ashley Smithline for dismissing her claims against Brian Warner without seeking or receiving anything in return.”
“Ms. Smithline has refused to be manipulated by others who are trying to pursue their own agendas against Mr. Warner,” the statement continues. “We wish her well and will continue to work to assure that a significant price will be paid by those who have tried to abuse our legal system.”
Smithline is among several women who came forward with allegations of abuse against Warner after the musician’s ex-fiancée Evan Rachel Wood wrote that Warner had “horrifically abused [her] for years” in a February 2021 Instagram post. Along with Smithline, actor Esmé Bianco, Warner’s former assistant Ashley Walters and an anonymous Jane Doe also filed lawsuits, though Walters’ case was dismissed last May. Warner has denied the accusations.
Wood made further allegations against Warner in her documentary Phoenix Rising. Warner has responded with a defamation lawsuit against her.
In September 2022, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department submitted its investigation on sexual assault allegations made against Warner to the LA County district attorney. However, the DA stated that “there is more material that is still outstanding” needed from the Sheriff’s Department.
If you are affected by abuse and needing support, or know someone who is, call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233, or the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-HOPE (4673). You can also chat online at thehotline.org or online.rainn.org, respectively.
Steven Tyler has pulled out of yet another event. The Aerosmith frontman was set to appear and be honored at the Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Power of Love Gala in Las Vegas next month, but his manager tells theLas Vegas Review-Journal he will no longer take part due to ongoing health issues.
“Steven’s doctors have instructed him to take care of himself, but he will be back this year,” manager Larry Rudolph tells the paper, which says he won’t be making any public appearances until at least the spring.
Last month, Tyler’s undisclosed health issues forced Aerosmith to cancel the final five shows of their Las Vegas residency. The announcement of his Power of Love Gala departure comes just a week after a woman named Julia Holcomb came forward with a decades-old sexual assault claim. Holcomb, who Tyler allegedly had a relationship with in the ’70s when she was 16, sued him for sexual assault, assault and battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
The Power of Love Gala, taking place February 18 at the MGM Grand, raises money for Alzheimer’s research. So far there’s no word on who’ll replace Tyler.
Last September marked Kelly Clarkson‘s 20th anniversary of winning American Idol, and she recently strolled down memory lane with runner-up Justin Guarini.
Appearing on The Kelly Clarkson Show, Justin was asked about his fondest memories of the show and expressed, “It’s wild because we got shot out of a cannon. And the fact that we were at the beginning of things … nobody knew what was up.”
He recalled his time competing on the show, adding, “The stakes weren’t super high for us.” Because of that, the two were able to spend enough time together for Justin to figure out to never accept a card game challenge from Kelly. “She’s a killer,” he warned.
“I’ve always been competitive,” Kelly laughed and revealed her card game of choice is speed. As for why she defaults to the game, she said, “I feel like I have natural caffeine [going through me].”
Apparently, playing speed together was how the two would spend a good chunk of their American Idol journey.
“We would hang out and play speed because there were these huge swaths of time … And I think I may have won twice in the hundred times we played together,” Justin deadpanned. “It was ridiculous. I just kept coming back for more.”
Kelly and Justin competed on the first season of American Idol in 2002.
Lil Nas X isn’t shy about his appreciation for The Wiggles,even going so far as wanting them to co-headline his tour. But a rumored collab between the two is sending angry parents off the edge.
The Australian children’s music group recently shared a photo of them and Lil Nas X on Instagram and captioned it, “New collab in the wind?” The photo, which was taken at Australia’s Falls Festival, shows the group surrounding the rapper, who is holding up his own purple Wiggles shirt.
Apparently, some parents really didn’t like the idea of the two forces working together.
“Oh dear you can’t be serious? The Wiggles should remain a source of light not dark,” one concerned parent opined in the comment section. Another criticized, “Such a shame, my daughter loved the Wiggles. I don’t see how someone who lap dances the devil in their music videos is a good candidate for working in the children’s music industry.”
Other angry commentators claimed they will swear off The Wiggles for good if they collaborate with Lil Nas X, while other fans are coming to the artists’ defense. Said one supporter, “So many snowflakes in these comments.”
Lil Nas X has been regularly criticized by right-wing and religious individuals in recent years. He came under fire in 2021 for his controversial “Montero (Call Me By Your Name)” music video, which featured him pole dancing into hell and giving the devil a lap dance before snapping his neck to steal his throne.
The rapper embraced the hate and even tried capitalizing off of it with various merchandise.
Neither X nor The Wiggles have responded to any of the angry comments.
Lzzy Hale is embarking on a Journey with Daughtry.
The Halestorm frontwoman has teamed up with the American Idol rocker for an upcoming cover of “Separate Ways (Worlds Apart),” which the “Don’t Stop Believin'” outfit originally released in 1983.
The joint recording is set to drop on Thursday, and you can listen to a brief preview now via Daughtry’s Instagram.
Hale and Daughtry’s version of “Separate Ways” follows a remix of the song included on the Stranger Things season 4 soundtrack alongside Metallica‘s “Master of Puppets” and Kate Bush‘s “Running Up That Hill.”
Halestorm, meanwhile, released a new album called Back from the Dead last May.
After teasing a possible solo project, Of Monsters and Men vocalist Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir has confirmed the release of new music.
The material will arrive next Friday, January 13, and is available to presave now.
In December, Nanna shared a mysterious video alongside the caption, “New things are coming in the new year…stay tuned!” Of Monsters and Men retweeted the clip, adding that Nanna “has something verrrrry exciting coming soon.”
Prior to Of Monsters and Men’s formation, Nanna performed solo under the moniker Songbird.
Of Monsters and Men’s most recent album is 2019’s Fever Dream. They released a new single called “This Happiness” last April.